wraith17

May 28, 2017
ZanithOne Everytime I try to Noramly save or quicksave, this error occurs. Please help. Only used gallery unlocker mod. I started a new playthrough but no dice.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "game/utils/save_and_compatibility_utils.rpy", line 6, in save_base_data
NameError: global name 'cross_save_persistent_sex_scenes' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1008, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1008, in event
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 254, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 254, in event
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "C:\Users\WayneTech\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.9r1-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 432, in save
    i(json)
  File "game/utils/save_and_compatibility_utils.rpy", line 6, in save_base_data
NameError: global name 'cross_save_persistent_sex_scenes' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A House in the Rift 0.5.9r1
Sun Sep 12 03:11:06 2021

beeleeteapee

Nov 12, 2017
Rae's story push is next on the menu, and the overall story will pick up within a few months.

Oh... Yeah... Music...

She is wearing it in the Bunny Lounge.

It definitely shouldn't, please redownload it.

Yeah, there is an issue, and it's way too random to reproduce. It could be the new gallery persistence code, it merges and re-saves everything from time to time and could be causing slowdowns on autosaves and the like. I'll disable some parts of it for 0.5.10 and we'll see if the issue goes away.

The clothing is controlled by a schedule manager, and the schedule system is a big mess by now. I have a workaround planned for the issue you mentioned, though. I'll be adding an additional "walk around" requirement to triggers like this one, when someone approaches you. This way the talks won't ever start right after the time advance.

Unfortunately, the patching process is very unstable. The patches themselves are made with a generic binary patching solution, so any modification of the game might break it. If you are using any mod (gallery unlocker etc) or otherwise modified the game files in any way, the patch is likely to fail. I can't really do anything about it, so just redownload the full game, please.

Yeah, this particular event is a bit finicky, maybe I should change the requirements. The thing is, you are supposed to walk in on Lyri doing some stuff, and it kinda feels weird when this event start when you are already in the library.
I've never used any mods. This is the first time that patch has been bugging out for me. Does it HAVE to be a redownload or just simply re-adding the .rar/.zip contents is fine? (Though I've tried this already)

jacksonae38

Sep 5, 2021
last time i downloaded they were there. this time gone. not sure i got the urge to redo entire game wish developers could prevent this , i bet they lose alot of players.
yea, I mean realistically speaking its not hard to do and I could probably make an attempt at making a fix for it but I just don't have the time to at the moment

minimeatball

Jan 15, 2019
don't know why but ever since a few updates ago the game has been running pretty poorly for me. lagging during animations and stuttering during normal dialogue scenes. very unfortunate

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
old saves dont work now?
havent for a while but i was hoping that it would be solved in this update
last time i downloaded they were there. this time gone. not sure i got the urge to redo entire game wish developers could prevent this , i bet they lose alot of players.
Uhhhhh, old saves should work. I can't realistically test saves from every previous version, of course, but I can load the saves from 0.4.15 (Nov 2020) fine. If yours do not work, please post them, I'll have a look.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
ZanithOne Everytime I try to Noramly save or quicksave, this error occurs. Please help. Only used gallery unlocker mod. I started a new playthrough but no dice.
The gallery mod is outdated and causes this issue.

I've never used any mods. This is the first time that patch has been bugging out for me. Does it HAVE to be a redownload or just simply re-adding the .rar/.zip contents is fine? (Though I've tried this already)
You'll have to redownload the entire game, I'm afraid.

Oct 7, 2020
I think the girls from this game occupy most of my top 5 list, how did you guys manage to write such cute and loveable characters? Even Lyriel ended up as one of the most loveable, she's definitely in my top 3 now, amazing. Cant wait for updates. I'm tempted to make a patreon account just to support this game.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: ZanithOne

jacksonae38

Sep 5, 2021
Uhhhhh, old saves should work. I can't realistically test saves from every previous version, of course, but I can load the saves from 0.4.15 (Nov 2020) fine. If yours do not work, please post them, I'll have a look.
sorry I probably should have been more specific.
they load fine but I constantly get the new dream sequence option popping up and before I sleep in game im told I to reach into the void or something like that.
I have progressed in the story a bit regardless

Darkaura

Jun 24, 2017
I played this one a few episodes back and it was not my kettle of fish, IMHO. With the past couple of updates, it is worth playing.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ZanithOne

Eneomaos

Aug 17, 2020
(I dont know) but the last time i played (few month ago) only with lyriel ( now i really want to lick the girl faces) (y)
As far as I know Lyriel only got an armpit fucking scene so far but I certainly wouldn't mind an armpit licking one with her

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: tuekop

grohotor

May 15, 2020
ZanithOne The menus and the banner on the front page are overexposed and painful to look at. My eyes are extra sensitive to this but i don't think its all that pleasant for other people to look at

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
sorry I probably should have been more specific.
they load fine but I constantly get the new dream sequence option popping up and before I sleep in game im told I to reach into the void or something like that.
I have progressed in the story a bit regardless
Ah, I see. But still, if you could post your save I might be able to fix the issues with quests/events/dreams.

ZanithOne The menus and the banner on the front page are overexposed and painful to look at. My eyes are extra sensitive to this but i don't think its all that pleasant for other people to look at
Hm, I haven't really considered this. TBH, I really like the current "bright" look of the game, but I'll see if I can add a "dark mode" of sorts to the menus. I'll keep the banner for now, but it'll change sooner or later.

I've been familiar with this game since that year, but I keep forgetting to ask
How do I open images in the gallery?
The one in the phone? Find the hidden items throughout the House. There's a even a guide by another user pinned to the master post and reposted somewhere in the comments.

Last edited:
Reactions: Real Kreten
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes