• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Wolf98

Donor
Feb 2, 2018
This is a blind stab at this. I'm a post-production video guy but not a hardcore FPS gamer person.
If your monitor is refreshing 144hz but trying to display true 60 or 30fps video (as would be the case in a renpy game) it will be copying frames and displaying the copies simultaneously to make up the difference, which can cause blurring or weird things to happen. One guess is that the video format and codecs that most renpy use (tends to be ,webm or maybe matroska) are not natively supported by NVidia's Optimus (or whatever the name of your GPU's software is, it differs between cards).

Do you have all the codecs you need? Latest version of GPU driver and support software? etc.
Happens even at the non video bits? Or are even the seeming still parts a video as well? And have updated drivers per Nivida's GeForce program. Not sure about codecs? It works fine with my screen if I turn Ge-Sync off. Which is suppose to work with the game / my screen to match frames. So maybe it's just not compatible or otherwise set up to handle Renpy? Suppose I could find some other renpy games check.

Reactions: hanumania

Cooldude012345

Aug 20, 2018
Cait and Naomi wont sit in the door to start the Christmas quest. No matter how many variations of asking them to do something else they wont do it. Any suggestions?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Open the door, get out on the floor, everybody do the dinosaur!

Nope? Not helping? Well, I know where the door is, please excuse my interruption.

Superfuken

Apr 19, 2022
Cait and Naomi wont sit in the door to start the Christmas quest. No matter how many variations of asking them to do something else they wont do it. Any suggestions?
Have you tried to change the system date to the month of December?
...The event is activated at Christmas time and now is almost eastern time.

Debrivea16

Sep 18, 2022
Lmao lyriel mentions Blair nagging her in the TV event after finding out what the elves do even though shes not at the house yet nor have I even dreamed about Blair at all in day 238 :LOL:

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Happens even at the non video bits? Or are even the seeming still parts a video as well? And have updated drivers per Nivida's GeForce program. Not sure about codecs? It works fine with my screen if I turn Ge-Sync off. Which is suppose to work with the game / my screen to match frames. So maybe it's just not compatible or otherwise set up to handle Renpy? Suppose I could find some other renpy games check.
I'm not a fan of troubleshooting Windoze video issues as MS has an absolutely abysmal record in all things related to media production. Their only priority is DRM enforcement and forcing standards so that their game franchises work. Anyway, as you aren't certain about codecs, that might be part of the issue. I have an NVidia card as well (The classic 1080Ti which does everything I need) and have no problems...

You could dual boot to Linux Mint and see if you still get the same problem hehe. I know you won't do this but I always try to get people to leave the Man anyway...

Rexdogo1

Jun 17, 2023
I have absolutly 0 idea How to solve this. My chapter 4 Rae quest has completely bugged. Ive attempted my best to solve it, but its impossible for me too. I go to the fridge, shes just talking nonsense. Im 150+ days, almost i think at the END of the current story, Theirs obviously some sorta bug. I even started a new game and it was done instantly, I just dont wanna restart completly cause as I said. IM deep into the game on that save.

but what do i do?

wookie ookie

Aug 30, 2021
I have absolutly 0 idea How to solve this. My chapter 4 Rae quest has completely bugged. Ive attempted my best to solve it, but its impossible for me too. I go to the fridge, shes just talking nonsense. Im 150+ days, almost i think at the END of the current story, Theirs obviously some sorta bug. I even started a new game and it was done instantly, I just dont wanna restart completly cause as I said. IM deep into the game on that save.

but what do i do?
:unsure: Well you could try a save that's near the end of chapter 3 if you have one and see if it does same thing.

You could also try taking the save folder out of the game folder and putting on your desktop

Also remove the House In The Rift folder from C(main drive), User's(your account), App Data, Roaming , RenPy, also put it on you desktop.

Delete game then reinstall it , put the save folder back into the game folder (leave the House In Rift on your desktop) start the game load save and see if same thing happens

I never had this problem worked fine for me Good Luck

Superfuken

Apr 19, 2022
Hello, could you tell me how to have breakfast with Lyriel? I could not tell my dream to her.
Hello. I don't know what level of Lyriel's story you are on.
You have to raise her intimacy level to the maximum it allows and have the dream in the forest with her and Rae.
Then you can have breakfast with both girls and try not to be explicit with Lyriel, she takes it badly.

Superfuken

Apr 19, 2022
Eh...she keeps "bugging" me for sex (not complaining) every other day, so I assume she got over it. :sneaky:
Yes, this is a "user request" error that occurs when you finish the Liriel episode. 29 "In a new reality."
I hope one day it will be fixed, but you can say no if you want...in the meantime.

saberalice

Mar 1, 2020
Hello. I don't know what level of Lyriel's story you are on.
You have to raise her intimacy level to the maximum it allows and have the dream in the forest with her and Rae.
Then you can have breakfast with both girls and try not to be explicit with Lyriel, she takes it badly.
I got it. I ate breakfast with Azraesha then Lyriel came. Thx.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I'm not sure if it has been brought up yet or not but it looks like Naomi's Story Ch. 8 is bugged now. I headed out with her as soon as she asked and after coming back it says to have a word with her but talking to her just resets the quest all over again from the start. Did I mess something up by agreeing to go with her from the start?

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes