Wolf98

Donor
Feb 2, 2018
Anyone get this to work with G-SYNC on? Get crazy strobing, that's worse on lighter colors like white. It's like it's shifting in and out of focus almost. Can't seem to find a setting in Nivida's control panel to stop it only for this game. If I turn it off completely for the whole PC it works fine. So it's a G-SYNC issue somehow. 1440p, 144hz screen if that helps.

hanumania

Jul 12, 2023
Anyone get this to work with G-SYNC on? Get crazy strobing, that's worse on lighter colors like white. It's like it's shifting in and out of focus almost. Can't seem to find a setting in Nivida's control panel to stop it only for this game. If I turn it off completely for the whole PC it works fine. So it's a G-SYNC issue somehow. 1440p, 144hz screen if that helps.
This is a blind stab at this. I'm a post-production video guy but not a hardcore FPS gamer person.
If your monitor is refreshing 144hz but trying to display true 60 or 30fps video (as would be the case in a renpy game) it will be copying frames and displaying the copies simultaneously to make up the difference, which can cause blurring or weird things to happen. One guess is that the video format and codecs that most renpy use (tends to be ,webm or maybe matroska) are not natively supported by NVidia's Optimus (or whatever the name of your GPU's software is, it differs between cards).

Do you have all the codecs you need? Latest version of GPU driver and support software? etc.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
AHouseInTheRift-0.7.5R1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Feb 28, 2018
I'm getting more and more often random crashes when I'm trying to load a save game.
Anyone else experienced this and knows a quick fix?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/utils/migrations/load_routine.rpy", line 9, in <module>
  File "game/utils/migrations/load_routine.rpy", line 68, in check_halloween_time
NameError: global name 'state' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/engine/navigation/navigator_scripts.rpyc", line 5, in script call
  File "scripts/engine/navigation/house/second_floor/sf_mc_room.rpyc", line 122, in script call
  File "scripts/quests/story/12_lyriel_appears/story_12_lyriel_dream_2.rpyc", line 47, in script call
  File "scripts/engine/scheduling/scheduler_scripts.rpyc", line 27, in script call
  File "scripts/quests/girl_quests/azraesha/trust_route/4_cooking_part_two/rae_trust_4_cooking_lessons_part_two_scripts.rpyc", line 44, in script call
  File "utils/migrations/load_routine.rpyc", line 2, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/utils/migrations/load_routine.rpy", line 9, in <module>
  File "game/utils/migrations/load_routine.rpy", line 68, in check_halloween_time
NameError: global name 'state' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.6.1.23060707
A House in the Rift 0.7.5b2
Tue Feb 27 17:13:57 2024

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
0.7 Development Update 7

Hey, folks! Dev update is here!

A Date with Rae
In case you missed it, the bonus game is already available here - - for Friend and Resident tiers.

We've barely managed to get the base game done in time for Valentine's, and we're going to add a few new things to it before we send out the final version. First of all, we'll be adding a secret ending:

View attachment 3391266

As well as a secret mini-event with a new mini-CG:

View attachment 3391267

We're also going to update the UI, edit the text, maybe clean something else up. If you pledged for the special offer, expect the links to the final version and the CG pack to hit your inbox in the first half of March.

This bonus game is an experiment for us, so we'd really like to know if this kind of content is something you folks want to see in the future. There's a poll out right now for those who have access to the bonus game - And if you'd like to, please do share your opinion right here in the comments.

Just to be clear, Riften U is still in the works, and we won't be giving up on 2D-spinoffs even if the opinion poll turns out mostly negative. I personally like 2D art about as much as I like 3D stuff, so I want our studio to diversify. But we'll adjust our priorities depending on the poll outcome.

v0.7.5
It's in the Early Access and basically finished. I've misplaced some of the edited scripts, so there's going to be an R2 release with said edits included. We wanted to include another story quest into this update, but while we were writing it the quest got bigger and bigger, so it moved to 0.7.6.

View attachment 3391268

Cait's new "secret" scene, on the other hand, made it into the update. It's the second one of the "secret" scenes added lately, the first being Rae's blowjob under the kitchen counter. We're not adding quests for these because frankly there are just too many quests in the game as it is. What we will do is think about adding some hints for the secrets scenes somewhere. Maybe we'll use the Love Jinsei app for that, in its current form that app is pretty much redundant since the big quest log update years (?) ago.

v0.7.6
The story will keep continuing in the next update with the enlarged quest moving over from 0.7.5. And it's going to be Lyriel's first visit to MC's world.

View attachment 3391269

We wanted to end Naomi's story arc with 0.7.5, but it just doesn't feel right yet, so we'll be adding two more quests for her. She and Cait will sort out their conflict, sorta, and we're going to end with Naomi trying to figure out what she should do with the other conflicts of hers.

Rae's repeatable attic BJ is next on our remaster list, and it's getting a full makeover. Just look at it.

View attachment 3391270

Dull, awkward, and there's only a single loop. Compared to the latest BJ scenes from the other girls (looking at you, Lyriel and Cait), Rae's looks amateurish. This cannot stand! So we're making three new animation loops, proper ending and all that jazz.

We're also working on resolving a number of bugs, continuity issues and inconsistencies in the quests. There are quite a few of those in the game at the moment, and we are going to do our best to fix most if not all of them in the next few updates.

Goodies!

View attachment 3391273

I've been making non-sex animation for internal use once a month since last August, and I thought it would be a shame for them to never see the light of day, so I'll be posting them here now and then. You will find two of those attached below, with SFW and NSFW versions for each one.

And there's a new strip game with Rae still going over on our Twitter: Go help push it over the last hurdle, and I'll include all the slides in full res in one of the future dev update

View attachment 3391282

See you soon!
I was OK with the artwork in A Date With Rae, but the dialogue just wasn't right, it just didn't sound like Rae. I wish I could give you a more exact and useful criticism but it's just something intangible that I could never point out exactly. But it's something that I noticed right from the beginning

What1sN4me

Oct 24, 2020
I'm kind of interested in the main story but Does anyone have a guide for the main story I'm stuck at the part where Lyriel asks you to agree to discuss portals. I would appreciate the help please

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Hey man, I didn't put it in the game... We know who the real monster is
Um, the one who acts that way toward her, obviously. "I'm not the one who came up with the idea of abusing women, so the fact that my wife has more blacks and blues than a bowl of berries doesn't make me the real monster!" :FacePalm:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Master of Puppets

egorka8018

Dec 1, 2019
It's a pity that the developer disabled other languages besides English. I've been playing this game for a long time. I can say that this is one of my first games here, not to mention my favorite... I've always played it, and I've always been waiting for every update... But for some time now it has become less interesting to play due to the fact that half of the game is translated and interesting, and half of the game is in English, and you don't understand everything... I've always enjoyed playing it, but now it annoys me that you don't understand the whole story

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
It's a pity that the developer disabled other languages besides English. I've been playing this game for a long time. I can say that this is one of my first games here, not to mention my favorite... I've always played it, and I've always been waiting for every update... But for some time now it has become less interesting to play due to the fact that half of the game is translated and interesting, and half of the game is in English, and you don't understand everything... I've always enjoyed playing it, but now it annoys me that you don't understand the whole story
I'm only guessing, but I suspect that finding translators who could find the necessary time and who were willing to do it, either for free or at least for an affordable price, was the problem.

4.70 star(s) 316 Votes