yudhamarkas

Jan 6, 2021
hello
i tried to play this game on joiplay but it seems i cannot play the game if it's stored in external storage (SD card)
i updated the joiplay and it works but apparently the gallery and preference settings in game always reset (persistent file in saves)

any solution? i asked people in joiplay discord but no solution yet

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
hello
i tried to play this game on joiplay but it seems i cannot play the game if it's stored in external storage (SD card)
i updated the joiplay and it works but apparently the gallery and preference settings in game always reset (persistent file in saves)

any solution? i asked people in joiplay discord but no solution yet
You could try Maldives, which I learned about only recently and which seems to have similar functionality to Joiplay. Or for $1 a month, you could subscribe to Joiplay's Patreon, which I understand would give you access to the latest version of Joiplay, which is supposed to have improved RenPy compatibility. No guarantees that it would fix your problem, though.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
A House in the Unreal Engine - For Real This Time!

1714590551919.png

Just to make it completely clear right away.

We are NOT making a version of AHITR in Unreal Engine now or anytime soon.
With that out of the way, please have a look at this little experience we prepared for you:

MEGA download

GoFile download

The idea is just to let you have a walk through the House, and that's it! The assets are transferred straight from Unity with minimal material setup, and the models of the girls are ported very crudely. There's no interactivity except for the doors opening, no interactions with the girls, nothing. We might try to fix some of the materials later, but I highly doubt we'll be spending much more time on this thing.

The app is mostly unoptimised, so expect a heavy load on your GPU. No Mac or mobile versions either, sorry!

All that said, we definitely are going to be exploring UE for our future projects, but that's a story for another time. For now, enjoy the experience if your PC can handle it!

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Five years in A House in the Rift

1714594701415.png

Hey, folks. Five whole years, huh?

I started making this game in 2019, without any plan, really, except that I wanted to make a game. An adult game with some sandbox elements. I wanted to make an adult game since I was a Uni student and discovered Flash games of a more spicy variety.

When I quit my last job I thought it was as good a time as any to finally try and do it. - this is the first post I made on my Patreon page, linking to the demo build.

The demo I made had potential, but the first few updates were pretty rough. I didn't know what I was doing, and I was a bit too careless with my savings. But right before I started seriously considering switching to hobby development and going back to working on dreary mobile games, the first big wave of support came through, and I paid my rent with Patreon money.

Now, five years down the line, I use "I" and "we" almost interchangeably. The team working on AHitR is up to 11 people now, with most working full-time. We couldn't have done it without you. Please accept a heartfelt thank you from me personally, and from our whole team. You are making it all possible, and there's no overestimating how much your support means to us.

Our focus continues to be on A House in the Rift for the foreseeable future. We're getting closer to the finishing line, but it's still a fair way away. We're exploring new tools and engines for our upcoming projects. And we've just assembled a separate team working on 2D games to make even more, different games.

I don't know where the future takes us but I will forever be grateful to you, folks. You didn't have to, but with your support A House in the Rift grew from a tiny demo to a game it is now, and the studio grew from a single person to its current size. I can't thank you enough for that, but we'll do our best to give back as much as we can.

For now, please enjoy the recreation of the House in the Unreal Engine and maybe check out the new Artbook if you want to support us further. We'll have more bonus thingies coming out throughout the month, and the 0.7.8 Alpha is releasing in a day or two.

Thank you, folks! Looking forward to many more years of making games for you!

May 20, 2020
What are the first two images in the Rae gallery? Doesn't give a time to look for them, so are they Patreon exclusives?
Rae is worth the Patreon fees :)

The first two Rae scenes from the main menu are Blowjobs that can be unlocked at the start of the game
The first two Rae scenes from the Image Gallery from your cell phone in game are masturbation pics that can be found by finding certain items within the house and should give you a hint on the time/day to find them.

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
That's what I'm talking about. First two images in her image gallery are locked and don't have a day/time associated with them

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
That's what I'm talking about. First two images in her image gallery are locked and don't have a day/time associated with them
They are at the beginning of the game when you first meet Rae and cannot be gotten later. You would need a new playthrough to unlock them (you can then revert to your old one, so no need to start the game as such all over). I think you need to choose the bossy options where you pretend to be that grand wizard for the first one and the second one is when she is on the couch the first time you interact with her, but am not sure anymore, been a while ...

4.70 star(s) 315 Votes