Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I definitely wonder about these other women. Are they women from the MC's past? By the same token, the elves in the dream may be constructs from Lyriel's past. Given all that, it would be interesting if the MC was actually pulling all of these women, from "across the nine three Four Realms." into a shared dream. (EDIT: Forgot Lady Sirenia is from Rea's realm)
Err, what? We know exactly who the elves are, we met them in real life. Likewise the other girls in the club are from the introduction.

Reactions: Squarblesport

DorcasAurelia

Nov 17, 2018
I lean towards it just being Lyriel's dream and the other girls are "props" (god, part of that sentence just feels gross to type out), but obviously I have nothing to support this.
Well, it's been established that multiple people can experience the hosts dream. Azraesha tells Lyriel that the dream where Lyriel encountered Rae and MC banging in the forest was Lyriel's, but Rae clearly experienced and remembered it as well.

Reactions: ZanithOne

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Err, what? We know exactly who the elves are, we met them in real life. Likewise the other girls in the club are from the introduction.
I suspected that that might have been the case. It had been so long since I'd started the game. I should have replayed the beginning before commenting. ;)

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I suspected that that might have been the case. It had been so long since I'd started the game. I should have replayed the beginning before commenting. ;)
Generally I should do that more often than I do. After all, most of the projects on here take years, and if I just look at the new stuff I forget about the early parts. Prologues in sandboxy games are probably the most guilty ones. (Long way of saying "I wouldn't have remembered them either). So it has happened quite a few times that savegame incompatibility issues forced me to restart and I was grateful in the end that it did.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Generally I should do that more often than I do. After all, most of the projects on here take years, and if I just look at the new stuff I forget about the early parts. Prologues in sandboxy games are probably the most guilty ones. (Long way of saying "I wouldn't have remembered them either). So it has happened quite a few times that savegame incompatibility issues forced me to restart and I was grateful in the end that it did.
I often have mixed feelings when I have to restart. Some of the games, I'll say, "Sure, let's dive back in!" Others, I'll think, "Hmm.. I'm not reading to start this one over from scratch. This one goes farther down the queue."

Reactions: Vanderer

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I often have mixed feelings when I have to restart. Some of the games, I'll say, "Sure, let's dive back in!" Others, I'll think, "Hmm.. I'm not reading to start this one over from scratch. This one goes farther down the queue."
Well, I agree it is not always the case. However, the second time round I usually still remember (or think I do and will never find out otherwise) which scenes I can safely skip because they offer little in terms of story review and entertainment. But it has been a few times where details came back which made me enjoy the update later on quite a bit more.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Well, I agree it is not always the case. However, the second time round I usually still remember (or think I do and will never find out otherwise) which scenes I can safely skip because they offer little in terms of story review and entertainment. But it has been a few times where details came back which made me enjoy the update later on quite a bit more.
Yes. I think House in the Rift will be one of those that, if we have to restart, will still be a good experience. (OOTC)

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I lean towards it just being Lyriel's dream and the other girls are "props" (god, part of that sentence just feels gross to type out), but obviously I have nothing to support this.
lol rather than "props", how about memories?
It's Lyriel's dream, so any character in it (other than MC invading with Rae) is either from her memory, or her imagination.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZanithOne

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
lol rather than "props", how about memories?
It's Lyriel's dream, so any character in it (other than MC invading with Rae) is either from her memory, or her imagination.
I'm pretty sure that Rae calls them 'echoes'. That seemed to be what she was saying when she first realised that we had been bringing the girls to the house for real, that previously she thought we had been manifesting echo versions of them.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm pretty sure that Rae calls them 'echoes'. That seemed to be what she was saying when she first realised that we had been bringing the girls to the house for real, that previously she thought we had been manifesting echo versions of them.
Well remembered, thanks! Makes sense, echo of the past = memory.
So they're echoes from Lyriel's mind, not actually present in her dreams, like the MC is. (y)

Reactions: User1230

zedlus

Sep 15, 2017
This game was very fun, I enjoyed going through what's there so far quite a lot.

There were a couple of things that felt a bit confusing/odd, namely that Lyriel seems to be perfectly fine boinking any night of the week but balks at the suggestion when washing the dishes. Also the still speaking to the MC with the standoffish/aggressive tone considering everything they went through to reach that part feels a bit disappointing. Doesn't need to change very much but getting told "Whatever" to every other thing just feels weird considering. Will be fun to see if anythings ever comes of her worry that she might get pregnant, here's hoping.

Hisakatana

May 31, 2020
This game was very fun, I enjoyed going through what's there so far quite a lot.

There were a couple of things that felt a bit confusing/odd, namely that Lyriel seems to be perfectly fine boinking any night of the week but balks at the suggestion when washing the dishes. Also the still speaking to the MC with the standoffish/aggressive tone considering everything they went through to reach that part feels a bit disappointing. Doesn't need to change very much but getting told "Whatever" to every other thing just feels weird considering. Will be fun to see if anythings ever comes of her worry that she might get pregnant, here's hoping.
The dev has confirmed at least the dishwashing scene being updated to reflect recent events. As for other dialogue, there may be touch up here and there but hard to say how much. That's always a drawback to having characters who change their attitudes throughout a game, having to update their tone for all repeatable scenes. Lyriel's first time was added only a few updates ago and with the anniversary mega dream being right after I imagine it was put on the backburner for it.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020

Yes, I was perplexed by that contradiction. I look forward to it being back in sync in a future update.

As well as Dinner with all being dinner with all. Right now, Rae has the option "Dinner with Naomi and Cait" and "Dinner with All." Both lead to the same burgers for four, MC, Rae, Naomi, and Caitlin.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
We can't tell you the code because the code is randomly determined the first time you enter the dream.
Explore the dream and look around Rae's chambers for the code.
You'll be able to use the code in subsequent visits to the dream.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes