ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Hey, folks! Sorry for being silent for so long, was trying to get back up to speed after the vacation. I've looked through the last two pages, if there's something important that I missed, please ping me again.

I am stuck at the new Event. Can someone help ?
Try saving and loading the game (and coming back some other day). There's a recovery routine that only runs on load, it should fix most of the event issues.

Very interesting game - I've just downloaded it and I love the setting, it's quite new and interesting.

Keep up the great work!

I also find it very funny that the elves speak Romanian

Domnita - Lady
Oameni - people
Wait until you learn Lyriel's kin name :sneaky:

Really would like some help on this. I've gotten the group elf dream only once and I chose the sex option first; after that, I never got the chance to view the elf dream again. What am I missing?
The barmaid dreams are reworked in the latest update, it should be much less confusing.

Anyone else getting some performance issues with version 0.5.7r1
It seems to stutter during every picture transition. Never happened in any of the previous versions for me.
Yeah I was wondering the same thing, I've just updated from 0.5.4 and I'm encountering stuttering aswell, whole window freezes.

Checking Task Manager to see what's going on and there's CPU and GPU spikes whenever it freezes momentarily, got the animation of having sex with Lyriel and it stutters semi-frequently, never had this before, dodgy version of Ren'Py?
Is this issue still going on? I don't remember doing anything to the RenPy or the "core" game code lately except for the persistent gallery saving routine.

Why you put it in personal level in such way? I only said - that shame there no traditional way starting of relationship.
Unless my memory is failing me, there isn't a single "main story" event for either of the girls that requires you to peep on them? There is one event with Rae where you have to walk in on her masturbating, but you can not do that, and she'll ask you why you walked away next time you talk.

I was thinking what I would add to the game, and it cames to me it need a bro! I will be cool if the auther add a bro charcater but will not try anything with the other girls, for example a Knight that is super Faithful to his wife and would not do anything sexual without her, it could also open the option to have a threeway with them or you can go and see them with a girl and have a fourway with them. It would be nice to balance it a little bit the house
This is very unlikely to happen, sorry.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Is this issue still going on? I don't remember doing anything to the RenPy or the "core" game code lately except for the persistent gallery saving routine.
It's still happening with me. It isn't every transition like with MissSonicBoom but it does happen at the start of every video, the replayed event during gameplay, I'm not sure about the gallery. I play a 4k so it may have something to do with it but it only happens with this game so something is happening somewhere I'm just not sure what.

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018
Gallery seems to be fine, but loading up a save before the scene it starts to stutter again.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
It's still happening with me. It isn't every transition like with MissSonicBoom but it does happen at the start of every video, the replayed event during gameplay, I'm not sure about the gallery. I play a 4k so it may have something to do with it but it only happens with this game so something is happening somewhere I'm just not sure what.
Gallery seems to be fine, but loading up a save before the scene it starts to stutter again.
Could you please try starting a new game and checking if the intro sex scenes/menus freeze as well?

And could you also please post your saves with confirmed freezes?

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
I for one am not, Zanith is one of the few good devs around and has always delivered what they have promised. Just wait for the free version to come out or throw a little love Zanith's way
I gotta say, it makes me really happy to routinely have people say that in here.

And then there are people like that one guy who said waiting a week or two for the public version was pandering to the dev... :FacePalm:

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Could you please try starting a new game and checking if the intro sex scenes/menus freeze as well?

The new game seems to be fine as far as I can tell but the original save is pretty bad. There is a link to some videos to so you can see it. I set it to 1080p just to be sure.

MissSonicBoom

Feb 2, 2018

I believe this is the correct save, going downstairs and waiting till the evening triggers Lyriel's second bedroom visit and during this conversation it can stutter and during the animation.

As a test, in the gallery I can repeat the conversation options constantly and it doesn't stutter, if I load up the save and do the same thing, it stutters.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I gotta say, it makes me really happy to routinely have people say that in here.

And then there are people like that one guy who said waiting a week or two for the public version was pandering to the dev... :FacePalm:
Only pandering? Given many of the "so-called alphas" on these threads, I would have expected "simping to the dev" or "being a beta."

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
The new game seems to be fine as far as I can tell but the original save is pretty bad. There is a link to some videos to so you can see it. I set it to 1080p just to be sure.

I believe this is the correct save, going downstairs and waiting till the evening triggers Lyriel's second bedroom visit and during this conversation it can stutter and during the animation.

As a test, in the gallery I can repeat the conversation options constantly and it doesn't stutter, if I load up the save and do the same thing, it stutters.
I checked your saves, and I can't reproduce the issue at this moment. I do remember encountering freezing before, but I've been writing it off as a quirk of a dev build (live reloading of scripts etc), and it always went away after a time. Let's see if the 0.5.8 fixes the issue. If it doesn't, I'll try to add some extra logging to the game and will ask you folks to play the modified version, if that's alright with you.

oadvogado

Aug 4, 2021
I'm only missing the "Poolside Cheer" scene. That's the only thing missing. I got all other scenes, all other gallery images, everything but this scene. Can someone help?

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'm only missing the "Poolside Cheer" scene. That's the only thing missing. I got all other scenes, all other gallery images, everything but this scene. Can someone help?
Click on "Scene Guide", in the OP.
That provides instructions.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes