K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
I quite like this one. It's 'different' from the run of the mill games that we see. The only fly in the ointment for me is that there are, seemingly, hundreds of short movie clips in the game and there's no way to skip them. You're forced to sit through every... single... one...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I don't want to sound like one of those people, but I quite honestly expect either larger, or faster updates for the $8,600 a month the developer is earning on Patreon.
Translation: "I'm annoyed that the developer is pissing diamond instead of shitting gold."

From what we can gather, Zanith is a one person developing team. Even with however much money they're making, its still a one person operation. One person, doing the script. Making the models. Making the scenes. Animating the scenes. One person, doing all of that, on a monthly basis.

No, people aren't paying for quantity on Patreon. They're paying for quality. And Zanith delivers.

badnboujee

Jun 6, 2017
The phone says "Check on Lyriel in the library" but I don't seem to be getting any new events with her. Her story is listed as done, the useful elf section is not tho.

EDIT: nvm, it randomly triggered when I walked in one day. odd.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I see that the game has the tags Harem and Romance, which I like. But it also has bdsm, female domination, male domination, spanking which are tags that I don't like. Is there a lot of this in the game? Could it be avoided?

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Glad to see another update but the most recent update from patreon makes me wonder.

Zanith is apparently doing some cross (I assume) promoting of A House in the Rift with the game The Spellbook.
This strikes me as an odd choice because even though there is a (relatively) safe route in The Spellbook, it is primarily an NTR game. I wouldn't expect the majority of fans of this harem romance game to be really enthused to check out The Spellbook given how much of a landmine its content can be, so seems like an odd choice.

anon1012

May 25, 2018
The latest public version is now up.

Note that the Android Hi-Res version is no more for the foreseeable future. It may come back later if I work out a solution to the max APK size.
Hi, Harem Hotel has the same problem and uses Joiplay as a workaround, I havn't tried it but besides the last version having a Bug it seems to work fine for most people. Might be an option for your game as well.
Check under "Android Instructions" in the OP
https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-13-2-public-runey.12760/

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
change log update?
Check the master post.

I quite like this one. It's 'different' from the run of the mill games that we see. The only fly in the ointment for me is that there are, seemingly, hundreds of short movie clips in the game and there's no way to skip them. You're forced to sit through every... single... one...
There are three unskippable clips in the beginning of the game (and I'll make them skippable when I get time to do it), but other than that, there's just a few blocking animations in the game, and they come much later in the story. And I'll make them skippable, too.

Real shame how sidelined Naomi has become.
Naomi will get a continuation of her story, it's just that it requires A LOT of prep work, and I can't set aside enough time to do it right now.

I don't want to sound like one of those people, but I quite honestly expect either larger, or faster updates for the $8,600 a month the developer is earning on Patreon.

Still enjoy the game, though.
From what we can gather, Zanith is a one person developing team. Even with however much money they're making, its still a one person operation. One person, doing the script. Making the models. Making the scenes. Animating the scenes. One person, doing all of that, on a monthly basis.
Alright, so I'm actually not the only person working on the game for close to a year now. We're something like a 2-and-a-bit-person studio right now. But I think I should explain.

My role on the game's Discord is "Auteur". It's kinda tongue-in-cheek, but it describes me pretty well, in all honesty. I still view the game as my game, and I'm pestering the second 3D artist to make the stills/animations the way I would have made them. And then I still tweak everything myself a bit after that. So even though there are two people working on the game more or less full time, we really aren't going twice the speed.

Still, as we get more and more aligned, the pace of the development increases, but now I'm trying to bring even more people on board, so I have to spend extra time on mentoring them. Hopefully, it'll work out in the end and we'll be able to push out bigger updates soon enough.

The other issue is the asset pipeline. When I started the game, every environment and every character was made using the freely available asset packs. We've moved way past that since. We still use assets for props, sure, but all the the new University environments are custom-made, the Headmaster's robe is our first fully unique costume, and we're working on more stuff in the background. If you play through the early events and compare them to the latest ones, you should notice the improvement in quality, and this improvement takes time.

Same goes for the animations/stills, actually. Early events rarely exceeded 40 stills, most new ones are 60+. Early animations were 8-12 seconds, all the animations in the latest barmaid dream are 20+ seconds, and there are 5 animated characters there. It all takes time, and I don't think we can really go back to the good old days of shorter animations and smaller events.

Last but not least, I'm just too tired to keep up the pace of the first two years of the development. I was working pretty much every day of the week for the first year, got burnt out by the end of the second year, and now I'm trying to pace myself. I'm taking some weekends off and even went on vacation this Summer. I won't apologize for that, but I won't begrudge people who decide to stop supporting the game either.

I hope this clears things up.

I see that the game has the tags Harem and Romance, which I like. But it also has bdsm, female domination, male domination, spanking which are tags that I don't like. Is there a lot of this in the game? Could it be avoided?
Most of the content you listed as undesirable is either skippable or optional, but there might be some events that are somewhat forced on you still. Honestly, I just don't remember if I added the skip option to all the events with such content.

Hi, Harem Hotel has the same problem and uses Joiplay as a workaround, I havn't tried it but besides the last version having a Bug it seems to work fine for most people. Might be an option for your game as well.
Check under "Android Instructions" in the OP
https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-13-2-public-runey.12760/
The game is not compatible with Joiplay right now due to my own modifications to the RenPy code. I may explore this venue further, but not right now.

help, anyone who has the updater for v0.5.7r1 compressed version
The PC (windows) patches are linked in the master post. There aren't patches for any other versions.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Most of the content you listed as undesirable is either skippable or optional, but there might be some events that are somewhat forced on you still. Honestly, I just don't remember if I added the skip option to all the events with such content.
Thanks

I'll try to see if I like the game.

Reactions: ZanithOne

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
Glad to see another update but the most recent update from patreon makes me wonder.

Zanith is apparently doing some cross (I assume) promoting of A House in the Rift with the game The Spellbook.
This strikes me as an odd choice because even though there is a (relatively) safe route in The Spellbook, it is primarily an NTR game. I wouldn't expect the majority of fans of this harem romance game to be really enthused to check out The Spellbook given how much of a landmine its content can be, so seems like an odd choice.
i think i recall seeing that as well but it may be that he is just friendly with the other games dev so put a small promo in his game to help a fellow dev out. if i remember right there was also a promo for "Radiant" and a third game im not sure of at the moment, but yeah... probably just promoting some of the games from devs hes friends with or have maybe helped him in the past in some way. (Radiant is an awesome romance/harem game that doesnt contain any NTR and i would recommend it to people as well. havent tried The Spellbook but heard it was based off one of those old meet and fuck games of the same name)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: The ArcKnight

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
:love: Lyriel is my love interest in the game! I want to treat her like a princess! I want all the characters in the game to treat her as well; (good and respectful)! (Therefore, I will not start the "servant" route.)

Last edited:

zoe_meat

Aug 8, 2020
I used to disagree with people complaining to Dev stating that he's milking because he never gives enough content updates for Caitlin or Lyriel then finally he decided to give Lyriel some great updates now with the past few updates it would seem we're moving backwards not forward no content for Caitlin how much longer can this be dragged out and I'm definitely missing Naomi like she does not even exist anymore with here sexy ass.:p

Last edited:

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Hint says Lyriel will surely pick up a book while cleaning the library... Okay. Time skip 20 times until she is in library, she is there but event doesnt trigger. Okay. Time skip 20 times until she is in library again, she is there but event doesnt trigger. Okay. Time skip 20 times more until she is in library, she is there but event doesnt trigger. Okay. Time skip another 20 times until she is in library, she is there but event doesnt trigger.

Ahhh. I love time skipping simulators. :HideThePain:

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes