DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
All I can say is that I was reminded once again that Rae isn't only a firebrand in bed. Her giddiness at visiting the MC's world and exploring, for me, put her cuteness on the level of Lyriel getting embarrassed by anything lewd and Cait getting tongue-tied by her hyper-speed excitement. Walking arm in arm as Rae explained how she felt about everything gave me diabetes.
Zanith could turn this game into 'shopping with Rae' and I'd be perfectly happy.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Who said anything about expecting something in return? I'd want to give her a gift because it would make her happy.
With that I was refering to " She was given gifts with no thought behind them."
Also I wrote what I wanted to write, sharing my point of view. I propose to just end this topic and move to different one.

Reactions: Squarblesport

Caspicious

Dec 29, 2018
I'm gonna come out and say it. I need an android save file, any save file that works with this version before the update. Preferably just when the orc came.

I did not bother to save a back up and I replayed the game too many times now. So please if anyone can lend me their save file just before the orc came and/or before the expanded story arc of the elf where we go back to the tavern of her aunt and meet the other elves.

I prefer this one so that I can play through the sorcerer's academy again.

Muchuu

Jun 12, 2017
" .....You put your dick where? .....In the mouth of a lesser demon you just met..... well, yes! as a Doctor I can re-attach it."

Smiling_Jack

Aug 11, 2017
I'm curious if Zanith has made any decisions in regards to the level of corruption in this game. I understand that the game so far has gone the route that it has, but it feels like it's largely linear and static in the sense that the outcomes are really only success or pissing someone off (a loss of relationship stats.) That's not to say this is a complaint on the story so far as it's quite wholesome and enjoyable, but I haven't really run into anything that's affected the progression of a girl's feelings towards you to deviate in any major way. Choices seem to just fire a 1 time response and a corresponding gain or loss of relation points.

As an example, I recently played the newer versions and unlocked the pool. I've been nothing but nice to Esha, but if I choose to say Cait's swimsuit is no good (honestly was wondering if it was a sarcastic "nude would be better" option which isn't that rare when talking to Esha) she says you're being an ass in a way like she should have expected this from you...and then proceeds to pleasantly ask if you'd like to spend time with them at the pool anyways. The response whiplash was felt in that moment.

While this is also a small critique on the impact of choices in the story, I was also originally wondering if you were still planning to ever add some more mainstream corruption options to the story. Not to be confused with games where they confuse bimbofication for corruption, but rather actual corruption where you mold the girl's personality one way or another and usually into either a flipping or perversion of their original concept. I see hints of it in comments like telling Cait "We'll make a slut of you yet" but it doesn't really go anywhere and Cait's route comes off as learning exploration rather than any kind of slutification.

Just some thoughts and questions on the state of the game. I'm here for wherever it goes, but I'm interested to know if that destination will have some alternatives or side stops along the way.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm curious if Zanith has made any decisions in regards to the level of corruption in this game. I understand that the game so far has gone the route that it has, but it feels like it's largely linear and static in the sense that the outcomes are really only success or pissing someone off (a loss of relationship stats.) That's not to say this is a complaint on the story so far as it's quite wholesome and enjoyable, but I haven't really run into anything that's affected the progression of a girl's feelings towards you to deviate in any major way. Choices seem to just fire a 1 time response and a corresponding gain or loss of relation points.

As an example, I recently played the newer versions and unlocked the pool. I've been nothing but nice to Esha, but if I choose to say Cait's swimsuit is no good (honestly was wondering if it was a sarcastic "nude would be better" option which isn't that rare when talking to Esha) she says you're being an ass in a way like she should have expected this from you...and then proceeds to pleasantly ask if you'd like to spend time with them at the pool anyways. The response whiplash was felt in that moment.

While this is also a small critique on the impact of choices in the story, I was also originally wondering if you were still planning to ever add some more mainstream corruption options to the story. Not to be confused with games where they confuse bimbofication for corruption, but rather actual corruption where you mold the girl's personality one way or another and usually into either a flipping or perversion of their original concept. I see hints of it in comments like telling Cait "We'll make a slut of you yet" but it doesn't really go anywhere and Cait's route comes off as learning exploration rather than any kind of slutification.

Just some thoughts and questions on the state of the game. I'm here for wherever it goes, but I'm interested to know if that destination will have some alternatives or side stops along the way.
I think that corruption is really only applying to Lyriel, and then it's more of a revealing what was there all along but hidden than anything else.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I can only repeat what I said earlier to a similar question: I like me some kinks and some corruption, but I also like a more vanilla approach from time to time where girls don't become sluts but stay who they are and just enjoy spending time with me because I am a great guy. Not every game needs to have every kink, when the setting is right vanilla is a fine flavor, too.

(Even though I appreciate the differentiation between "Corruption", which I like, see my sig, and the all too often seen mindless "bimbofication")

OhTheLove

Jun 5, 2020
So I keep getting this error when I try to access the second dream of the bunny lounge and was wondering if anyone faced a similar problem and how you solved it. I've been using the update patches since 5.6r1 so I'm guessing the update with that particular scene has issues, I don't use any mods so there shouldn't be any issues otherwise. If anyone can help I'll be most grateful otherwise I will be forced to download the whole game again. AHITR ERROR.PNG

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
So I keep getting this error when I try to access the second dream of the bunny lounge and was wondering if anyone faced a similar problem and how you solved it. I've been using the update patches since 5.6r1 so I'm guessing the update with that particular scene has issues, I don't use any mods so there shouldn't be any issues otherwise. If anyone can help I'll be most grateful otherwise I will be forced to download the whole game again. View attachment 1521420
A full text copied (if necessary with similar edits as you did) would help probably more than a screenshot, much of the interesting info is to the right or down. What I can see though is that you have an awfully long path. I can understand that from a organizing (and possibly hiding) perspective, but it can lead to problems. Try to shorten it a bit.

E. g. it seems that you have a folder for the game which does include nothing but another folder with the actual game. This can happen depending on how the dev created the zip and how you unzipped it. Copy everything from the lower folder one level up.

Edit: typo, changed "lover folder" to "lower folder". It's not my business what your relationship to your folders is ;)

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So I keep getting this error when I try to access the second dream of the bunny lounge and was wondering if anyone faced a similar problem and how you solved it. I've been using the update patches since 5.6r1 so I'm guessing the update with that particular scene has issues, I don't use any mods so there shouldn't be any issues otherwise. If anyone can help I'll be most grateful otherwise I will be forced to download the whole game again. View attachment 1521420
A full text copied (if necessary with similar edits as you did) would help probably more than a screenshot, much of the interesting info is to the right or down. What I can see though is that you have an awfully long path. I can understand that from a organizing (and possibly hiding) perspective, but it can lead to problems. Try to shorten it a bit.

E. g. it seems that you have a folder for the game which does include nothing but another folder with the actual game. This can happen depending on how the dev created the zip and how you unzipped it. Copy everything from the lover folder one level up.
I can't say for other operating systems, but for Windows 10 you can even do something as simple as
C:\RenPy Games\AHouseInTheRift-0.5.11r1\
provided you're an administrator on the machine you use. That keeps locations short enough and is allowed by Windows.

Reactions: OhTheLove

OhTheLove

Jun 5, 2020

E. g. it seems that you have a folder for the game which does include nothing but another folder with the actual game. This can happen depending on how the dev created the zip and how you unzipped it. Copy everything from the lower folder one level up.

Edit: typo, changed "lover folder" to "lower folder". It's not my business what your relationship to your folders is ;)
I hear you mate and thank you for the response, so I've moved the whole folder to the main directory and tried again, the error still pops up. I've gone through the traceback and this stands out for me "IOError: Couldn't find file 'side_quests/dreams/bunny_lounge/intro/intro_1/01_01.webp'", I'll try reinstalling it again in the main directory and if that doesn't work then I'l just have to bite the bullet and download the new update.

I've attached the txt document as well, perhaps you'll notice something I'm not.

OhTheLove

Jun 5, 2020
I'm gonna wait until I upgrade my handware for Windows 10/11, the graphics card on my sweet potato doesn't play nice with it. And too many hands touch my pc, can't give them easy access to my treasure vault of love.

Caloi

Jul 11, 2020
hey guys, i just started play this game and i want to know, is there any posible to miss any scene if we choose a different option in the dialog? or it doest matter what we choose?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
hey guys, i just started play this game and i want to know, is there any posible to miss any scene if we choose a different option in the dialog? or it doest matter what we choose?
Some scenes (mainly one-offs with random characters) only have one opportunity at a certain point in the story or are mutually exclusive but most scenes are just events you can repeat until you pick the 'right' options to get lewd and advance that particular sub plot.

Reactions: Caloi

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
In some cases, when a scene arrives, you first have a dialog option to skip it. The rest of the options are used (in some cases) to gain or lose relationship points (love and lust with LIs). In any case, it seems to me that unless you are actively doing it, you are not likely to skip / avoid a scene from the main LI stories if you follow the hint system.

Reactions: Caloi
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes