Lego0978j

Jan 1, 2022
Here you go. It doesn't have all Gallery stuff unlocked — some, but not all; I did that before continuing with this release, and then I wrote over that existing save file with the first save for this update. Otherwise, though, it should be complete up to the Blair dream.
I already completed before blair was added so i know the other's stories.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Before blair was added i had fully completed the other people story lines

just wanted one so i can experience blairs
Is that not what you're seeing? That save should be right after the final event of the previous release, with all other characters' stories completed. I thought I looked in the journal and only had a mention about a new dream — which introduces Blair.

Lego0978j

Jan 1, 2022
Is that not what you're seeing? That save should be right after the final event of the previous release, with all other characters' stories completed. I thought I looked in the journal and only had a mention about a new dream — which introduces Blair.
I am lol

I just unlocked blair lol

before this upadate i had 100%

Just wanted to see what blair was like before i replayed the full game lol

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
I'm happy that Rae, Cait and Lyriel are so good, 'cause I'm not really a fan of the new girls. Yona is just kind of boring. It feels like no matter how many events you do with her, there's no character development, and I'm also not really a fan of jacked green ogres, so that doesn't help. And I've only just met Blair, but the whole chubby dwarf thing really doesn't do it for me, not to mention the author seems to be continuing the Yona trend of having the new girls dress like sluts for no reason.

Edit: I don't understand the facepalm emoji. Do you disagree with me? Why didn't you reply then? Are you too slow to articulate a response? I don't get it. Just doing a facepalm emoji is essentially announcing that you're an idiot.

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'm happy that Rae, Cait and Lyriel are so good, 'cause I'm not really a fan of the new girls. Yona is just kind of boring. It feels like no matter how many events you do with her, there's no character development, and I'm also not really a fan of jacked green ogres, so that doesn't help. And I've only just met Blair, but the whole chubby dwarf thing really doesn't do it for me, not to mention the author seems to be continuing the Yona trend of having the new girls dress like sluts for no reason.
I'm not going to get into preferences or anything, but as far as the (lack of) progress with Yona, there's not all that much in the game overall, unless you count events where she appears but isn't the focus. So I think she feels underdeveloped because, well, she really is. As more content is made for her, she will hopefully be more interesting to you (although the whole 'jacked green ogres' thing would still be an obstacle, of course).

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
The reason why Yona and to a lesser extent Naomi don't have much content is that they are not that liked in comparison to Rae, Cait, and Lyriel. I can actually see the same problem coming for Blair, I know she didn't have much development in the game yet but looking back at the plans Zanith posted for her back in Sep. 2019 I'm pretty sure I won't like her either.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Renart5

Sep 13, 2021
I love the same 3 best girls myself, but I don't mind the other girls in the story, after all I can safely ignore any lovey dovey stuff with them which I emphasize because in many games they just force you down one route or another.

Also replaying the game again reminded me of an important thing I really appreciate: The ability to give extremely out of place responses like a total weirdo which leads to funny scenarios :LOL:
Like meeting Lyriel and not speaking the whole time or telling Cait and Naomi they are prisoners

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm not going to get into preferences or anything, but as far as the (lack of) progress with Yona, there's not all that much in the game overall, unless you count events where she appears but isn't the focus. So I think she feels underdeveloped because, well, she really is. As more content is made for her, she will hopefully be more interesting to you (although the whole 'jacked green ogres' thing would still be an obstacle, of course).
Indeed, people complaining about Yona not having any character development don't seem to be thinking about how she was until this version the newest girl with the least scenes.
accounting.png
Is it any surprise that Yona and Blair are not as well developed as the older girls?

Vertius

Dec 22, 2019
I'm replaying through the game and I just got to the part where you get drugged and man, it's honestly really frustrating. Like, I don't understand why the author didn't just give the player an option to be honest about why we took Lyriel, I don't understand why this outcome was forced. Was it supposed to add thrill or tension to the story? I really don't understand.

Reactions: Master of Puppets

Renart5

Sep 13, 2021
I'm replaying through the game and I just got to the part where you get drugged and man, it's honestly really frustrating. Like, I don't understand why the author didn't just give the player an option to be honest about why we took Lyriel, I don't understand why this outcome was forced. Was it supposed to add thrill or tension to the story? I really don't understand.
I would have definitely been 100% blunt and truthful cause I like to be the nice guy nobody expects.

Jabba Wookie

Sep 4, 2018
I cant progress in the game. Theres an error that occurs anytime i enter the Living Room, and the next part i need to pass is when Rae is showing off her dress.... in the living room.... I cant ignore it and if i Rollback it just puts me back in the event. Really love the game, kinda frustrating that i cant proceed. Anyone else experience this and how can it be resolved?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I cant progress in the game. Theres an error that occurs anytime i enter the Living Room, and the next part i need to pass is when Rae is showing off her dress.... in the living room.... I cant ignore it and if i Rollback it just puts me back in the event. Really love the game, kinda frustrating that i cant proceed. Anyone else experience this and how can it be resolved?
Nobody is going to be able to help if you don't say what the error is. Post your tracelog.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I haven't seen this error, but Zanith is really good about trying to help with issues like this that arise. You can use the Attach files button below where you type your message here.

If the game is completely crashing, go to the main folder where your copy of A House in the Rift is (so something like C:Users\JabbaWookie\MyGames\AHouseInTheRift\ or wherever you have that). There should be a file called traceback.txt that Master of Puppets mentioned.

If it's just that the game keeps jumping around, instead post your save file. From the path I listed above (where the traceback file is), open the \game folder, then \saves and then find the save where you are before this happens. If you're not sure, here is an example:
In the game, let's say the save is found on "Page 7" and is in the middle of the second row. The name of the file for that location is 7-5-LT1.save (page 7, spot 5).​
Find your own and use the Attach files to include it in your post.

Jabba Wookie

Sep 4, 2018
If it's just that the game keeps jumping around, instead post your save file. From the path I listed above (where the traceback file is), open the \game folder, then \saves and then find the save where you are before this happens. If you're not sure, here is an example:
In the game, let's say the save is found on "Page 7" and is in the middle of the second row. The name of the file for that location is 7-5-LT1.save (page 7, spot 5).Find your own and use the Attach files to include it in your post.
This is it. I can rollback, and I can go to a previous save to try and do something else, but the moment I try to enter the living room I get an error. Here's the save file, I think.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
This is it. I can rollback, and I can go to a previous save to try and do something else, but the moment I try to enter the living room I get an error. Here's the save file, I think.
That's a quick save file (under the Q page of your saves lists in the game). If that's correct, then keep that one. If it's wrong, use the numbers to go through the pages and navigate to the correct one. I personally won't be doing any troubleshooting, but as I said, Zanith (or possibly others) can look at it when they're able.

Reactions: Jabba Wookie
4.70 star(s) 318 Votes