segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
I know how it works but I think you are making it seem harder than it really is. I also don't know what you mean by eating up the disk. Switching out outfits is HS is a cinch and making animations is something this dev excels at. As for being next to nothing, that's debatable. You for instance don't care for them but I really like them. There wouldn't be tons of conditions for something like that. It's not a whole new branching path. A small event saying she found a way to stabilize them and a lewd scene to follow. There is no need for complex variables, just a new repeatable event. Something that gets added with nearly every update anyway.
If you just add one costume for one animation then I agree with you. I am talking about, say 5 sets clothes, for all existing animations. That would means about 5 times animations needed. It is not difficult, since the dev could reuse most of the animation, of course, but repetive and tedious.
Now check your folder, rae already has 370MB of animations (which of course mostly scenes), plus 500MB pictures (which are maybe mostly events). Just multiply 370MB by 5 gives you 1.85GB, whereas the whole game now is about 5GB.

As for scripting, there is not any built in things like which outfit is the girl wearing, the game only knows show this picture, play that animation, etc. So at least you need to define a variable, and check the variable then pick out which bunch of animations need to be played. So suppose your animation has 3 stages, each with 5 sets of clothes, then you would need something, at each stage, like, if cloth is this, play this animation, if cloth is that, play that, else play that, etc, or you create 5 different scenes from the start, in any cases you have to tell the game, one by one, all the 15 animations to be played. It can get tedious quickly, considering all the animations existing.
This is not even the most annoying part. For this high quality game, you naturally want immersion, like you come across a girl in some random clothes, have fun with her in her clothes. Then you also want animations, conversations and everything fit her clothes......
You may check the rae in apron scene and the same scene for rae in ordinary cloth. Dev basically writes two entirely different scenes, with only some lines of conversation being the same.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
If you just add one costume for one animation then I agree with you. I am talking about, say 5 sets clothes, for all existing animations. That would means about 5 times animations needed. It is not difficult, since the dev could reuse most of the animation, of course, but repetive and tedious.
Now check your folder, rae already has 370MB of animations (which of course mostly scenes), plus 500MB pictures (which are maybe mostly events). Just multiply 370MB by 5 gives you 1.85GB, whereas the whole game now is about 5GB.

As for scripting, there is not any built in things like which outfit is the girl wearing, the game only knows show this picture, play that animation, etc. So at least you need to define a variable, and check the variable then pick out which bunch of animations need to be played. So suppose your animation has 3 stages, each with 5 sets of clothes, then you would need something, at each stage, like, if cloth is this, play this animation, if cloth is that, play that, else play that, etc, or you create 5 different scenes from the start, in any cases you have to tell the game, one by one, all the 15 animations to be played. It can get tedious quickly, considering all the animations existing.
This is not even the most annoying part. For this high quality game, you naturally want immersion, like you come across a girl in some random clothes, have fun with her in her clothes. Then you also want animations, conversations and everything fit her clothes......
You may check the rae in apron scene and the same scene for rae in ordinary cloth. Dev basically writes two entirely different scenes, with only some lines of conversation being the same.
Exactly, each of these scenes are set up as different events. With the exception of Rae's kitchen scene there isn't clothing options for the same scenes and I don't think that will change any time soon, if ever. The two scenes are identical aside from the outfit. He didn't rewrite anything from what I saw. This isn't a game like say LIL where the same animation plays but with a different outfit. That's a waste of development time if anything.

This isn't some dress up game where you pick a girls outfit and have your way with her. Again, there doesn't need to be ridiculous amounts of animations to add a scene for the outfits. It's already been done with every LI so it's not unheard of for it to continue to happen.

How many variable do you think are needed? At most it would be one for each outfit, assuming it goes by which ones you liked during the try-on. After that it's just another boolean like outfits_unlocked = True, if you would even need it at all.

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
Exactly, each of these scenes are set up as different events. With the exception of Rae's kitchen scene there isn't clothing options for the same scenes and I don't think that will change any time soon, if ever. The two scenes are identical aside from the outfit. He didn't rewrite anything from what I saw. This isn't a game like say LIL where the same animation plays but with a different outfit. That's a waste of development time if anything.

This isn't some dress up game where you pick a girls outfit and have your way with her. Again, there doesn't need to be ridiculous amounts of animations to add a scene for the outfits. It's already been done with every LI so it's not unheard of for it to continue to happen.

How many variable do you think are needed? At most it would be one for each outfit, assuming it goes by which ones you liked during the try-on. After that it's just another boolean like outfits_unlocked = True, if you would even need it at all.
Whats weird is Caytlin not using her glasses after getting them.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Whats weird is Caytlin not using her glasses after getting them.
Its not that weird. I've worn glasses for 30 years (severe shortsightedness), but if I'm reading, I'll take my glasses off for comfort. Unless you are legally blind, glasses don't need to be worn all the time. I may not be able to see objects in a sharp way, but I can definitely see that large blob becoming a truck even a few dozen meters away.

But for an in-game reasoning, Caitlyn is probably quite well aware of the house by now, she knows the steps down the stairs, the path to the library or pool. But I would also imagine to Caitlyn these are a fragile item, one to be cared for and only used when she absolutely needs it. Not like those fancy regular everyday glasses!

brymont92

Jun 12, 2017
Its not that weird. I've worn glasses for 30 years (severe shortsightedness), but if I'm reading, I'll take my glasses off for comfort. Unless you are legally blind, glasses don't need to be worn all the time. I may not be able to see objects in a sharp way, but I can definitely see that large blob becoming a truck even a few dozen meters away.

But for an in-game reasoning, Caitlyn is probably quite well aware of the house by now, she knows the steps down the stairs, the path to the library or pool. But I would also imagine to Caitlyn these are a fragile item, one to be cared for and only used when she absolutely needs it. Not like those fancy regular everyday glasses!
She doesnt use them while studying nor around the house... But was using them in her room while fitting clothes on Lyriel. Dont get me wrong... I know implementing those glasses in already made set ups its a lot of work and may not be worth it. That just bothers me a little more than Rae not using her powers to do a Harley Quinn cosplay.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
She doesnt use them while studying nor around the house... But was using them in her room while fitting clothes on Lyriel. Dont get me wrong... I know implementing those glasses in already made set ups its a lot of work and may not be worth it. That just bothers me a little more than Rae not using her powers to do a Harley Quinn cosplay.
It will take time to rework the older scenes for after she has them. I assume it's low priority at this point. She does use them if you hang out in her room and stuff but yeah, that's about it. It's the same for me. Glasses are a huge turn on and I was hoping to see them more. The scene with three of them in glasses was one of the best events ever. El's services are still behind as well, you sleep with her a lot and she still wont let you "breed" her in the kitchen.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021

Just check the scripts.rpa yourself. It is basically open source. Search apron.
It appears the two scenes are identical, but they are two distinct scenes. Conversations are mostly the same, yes, and dev might just copy paste and modify, but you need to change the reference to different scenes.
This is not all. To make everything immersive, dev makes two distinct schedules for rae cooking, conversations to get rae into these clothes, etc. Dev puts in lots of works, enough to make a whole new scene (and actually this IS new scene), and yet to you the two scenes are identical. I agree they indeed looks similar, and that is my point about next to nothing.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Just check the scripts.rpa yourself. It is basically open source. Search apron.
It appears the two scenes are identical, but they are two distinct scenes. Conversations are mostly the same, yes, and dev might just copy paste and modify, but you need to change the reference to different scenes.
This is not all. To make everything immersive, dev makes two distinct schedules for rae cooking, conversations to get rae into these clothes, etc. Dev puts in lots of works, enough to make a whole new scene (and actually this IS new scene), and yet to you the two scenes are identical. I agree they indeed looks similar, and that is my point about next to nothing.
You still seem to think that in order to add outfits every scene that's already there need to be re-written with a different outfit. Adding a new scene for the outfits is just that, a new scene. That's all the game is already, if a dev is unable to make scenes then they shouldn't even try to make one of these. It's not the case for them, I'm just saying. The new outfits from the try-on wouldn't even need a new schedule. Just adding them to the list of "have some fun" would be enough. Yes, one reference in total. What she's wearing while she is cooking. That's not a lot and the dev is, like I said, already doing it.

It's likely that Rae's glamor and her human variant are already two separate character cards as well. Just using her base card as a template. That's how I have been dealing with those things in a project I'm working on. The models are done, the setup is already in place. It's not rocket science. Either way, we can quibble about the details all day but this is going nowhere. Doesn't change the fact that I would like to see it.

Reactions: mastercuck

madperso

Dec 15, 2021
Still can't play on IOS, damn
There is a pretty roundabout way to play on your iphone. What I did is download Steam Link and added the exe file to my steam library which allowed me to stream it to my phone. I have my computer hardwired and really fast internet, so, I don't typically have any issues, but your milage may vary.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
There is a pretty roundabout way to play on your iphone. What I did is download Steam Link and added the exe file to my steam library which allowed me to stream it to my phone. I have my computer hardwired and really fast internet, so, I don't typically have any issues, but your milage may vary.
You still need your computer that way.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes