xZecretX

Jun 6, 2017
There's something going on with RenPy and loop playback. I have encountered this issue myself, only on mobile, though.
I have the same issue, though on PC.
It happened sometimes with other games, but mostly occurs here. Strangely enough it mostly doesn't work but sometimes does. Already since several version, though I think since or after some updates after initial release.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZanithOne
Jan 15, 2019
Wait until Lyriel has a bath in the downstairs bathroom" Elves must have amazing hygiene because it's been weeks and she still hasn't gone into the bathroom.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ZanithOne

Si3tWa4r

Aug 14, 2018
I accidentally deleted the game, is there anyway to restore the save file? Please help
If you are on Windows:
If you didn't delete the saves in user/username/AppData/Roaming/Renpy -> file AHouseintheRift-(some strange number) as well you should still have them.
No idea for other systems.

edit: the AppData folder is by default hidden if i remember correctly, so if you don't want to change the setting in the windows explorer to show hidden folders, you can as well use Windows (Key) + R to open the Run-Command, then simply type appdata there and confirm with the enter-key to get there

Last edited:

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
When are we going to be able to revisit the MC's world, since he promised Rae a shopping trip & Cait some glasses & I suspect more board games ?
Yes, but most further Earth visits would be tied to girls' personal stories. And I need to make new modern environments for those events, so it's probably at least a couple of months away yet.

It's nice being able to have fun with her in the morning even when she isn't wearing her apron. I notice that it appears to be a separate scene though (skip being greyed out gives it away), despite the dialog appearing to be exactly the same. Seems like an odd way of doing it, for scenes with multiple outfit options I'd expect to have one scene shared between them.
I keep forgetting about skip not working on duplicate scenes, I always have it on "skip unseen" as I often have to skip through multiple changed files when doing new scene. There are some technical reasons for making this scene a copy rather than one scene with substituted filenames. The original (apron) scene went through two (or maybe three?) revisions already, it uses the files from the storyline event, and I try to keep storyline and side event/repeatable images separated. That is not to say that the scene could not be done within one script block, it's just a bit annoying so I opted for a simple copy-paste job.

The window looks kind of odd though, it looks pure white which doesn't match with what the rift looks like out the front door or other windows.
True, the sky is a bit overexposed in those shots, I'll try to pay more attention to it.

Also, learning magical theory? From Cait reading about Blackbeard? :unsure:
:rolleyes: will fix.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yup, yup, and yup. And yup. All noted, thank you.

When Will next update go public
In about two and a half weeks.

Excellent as always, I want to see a new update already :giggle:. I really want to see the progress in the morning "fun" with Caitlin, something with her pretty little mouth... ;) Azraesha is simply unattainably beautiful and gorgeous... :love:
Thank you! And I'm sure Cait will, ahem, open up more in the future.

Naomi and Caitlin looked so cute holding each other in the doorway:love:. I was hoping to catch them making out hehehehe
:unsure: I kinda think Naomi is a bit too fond of Cait in a maternal way for that to happen.

Hit an Error

Additional: No Matter where Rae is on the map she is ALWAYS in the library with Cait sitting on the desk
Yup, will fix soon. And will fix map desync, too.

I have the same issue, though on PC.
It happened sometimes with other games, but mostly occurs here. Strangely enough it mostly doesn't work but sometimes does. Already since several version, though I think since or after some updates after initial release.
Yeah, I don't really know what to do with it. It's a pretty elusive bug, and it's most likely stems from some deep-down video playback code. And I'm totally not ready to spend time trying to debug it right now.

when dreaming, what am i missing by not doing the smart phone game?
A single scene with Rina (the blue-haired girl from the game).

Reactions: Ruslan1 and L30

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
I do not get it, I have intimacy with Azraesha on 10 and I can not do anything intimate with her because 'intymacy is too low' pops up. What to do?

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Links in the master post updated to v0.4.1r4, and link to the patch (from any v0.4.1 version to v0.4.1r4) added.

I do not get it, I have intimacy with Azraesha on 10 and I can not do anything intimate with her because 'intymacy is too low' pops up. What to do?
Intimacy limit is raised by completing certain events. Proceed with her story (hints are in the love app) and you will get it up in no time.

Reactions: L30 and Qmil679

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Links in the master post updated to v0.4.1r4, and link to the patch (from any v0.4.1 version to v0.4.1r4) added.

Intimacy limit is raised by completing certain events. Proceed with her story (hints are in the love app) and you will get it up in no time.
Thanks, I'm playing this game for the first time and I don't know what and how. :D

Xcellent

Jun 28, 2018
If you are on Windows:
If you didn't delete the saves in user/username/AppData/Roaming/Renpy -> file AHouseintheRift-(some strange number) as well you should still have them.
No idea for other systems.

edit: the AppData folder is by default hidden if i remember correctly, so if you don't want to change the setting in the windows explorer to show hidden folders, you can as well use Windows (Key) + R to open the Run-Command, then simply type appdata there and confirm with the enter-key to get there
Wow, thank you very much bro ^^

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I keep forgetting about skip not working on duplicate scenes, I always have it on "skip unseen" as I often have to skip through multiple changed files when doing new scene. There are some technical reasons for making this scene a copy rather than one scene with substituted filenames. The original (apron) scene went through two (or maybe three?) revisions already, it uses the files from the storyline event, and I try to keep storyline and side event/repeatable images separated. That is not to say that the scene could not be done within one script block, it's just a bit annoying so I opted for a simple copy-paste job.
Personally I would keep repeatable sex scene images in their own place regardless of if they're used in a story event or not, that would allow variable substitution and Renpy's image tags to handle any variations. They have a whole system for handling image variations, seems a shame not to use it.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes