RobLocksley

Oct 7, 2023
Good game! I read criticism above I think has somewhat valid points, like some same scenes were repeatedly used for training a character to be a squire or knight, but I think the writing is good. I saw they also said something such as game seemed to end without much interesting plot happening, and that may be a point (no major battle... main character's teacher just kind of solved everything). Because of that (though I still enjoyed it) maybe there's room for a sequel? Did this group do any other Mediaeval/fantasy games (or science fiction & fantasy even set in modern age) or did they start to do more complex plots with conflict to be resolved, etc.?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Good game! I read criticism above I think has somewhat valid points, like some same scenes were repeatedly used for training a character to be a squire or knight, but I think the writing is good. I saw they also said something such as game seemed to end without much interesting plot happening, and that may be a point (no major battle... main character's teacher just kind of solved everything). Because of that (though I still enjoyed it) maybe there's room for a sequel? Did this group do any other Mediaeval/fantasy games (or science fiction & fantasy even set in modern age) or did they start to do more complex plots with conflict to be resolved, etc.?
No. From what I have seen and heard, Neverlucky's plots are typically pretty basic (although the one before had some substance). The dev has made one medieval VN (this one) and two present-day stories (the one before this, Triangle, and the next / current one, Couples.) This game was actually designed to be more of a slice-of-life story, which genre typically doesn't have complex plots in general. Still, there wasn't a lot of variation, so this ended up becoming the same activities almost every day / week, with a few exceptions. I'd say the writing is average; it's not great, but it's decent enough.

2.90 star(s) 97 Votes