muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
its a good game just such a shame it became so repetitive especially after
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah. I’m convinced there was supposed to be a lot more plot initially (investigating the death of the king, winning over the squire girl’s family, etc.), but I don’t know, I guess he ran out of money to buy the assets or something.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I guess he ran out of money to buy the assets or something.
They are part of a group of devs that work on multiple games.

If they don't already own the assets between them then money certainly isn't the issue.

The main problem is people are expecting a dramatic plot from devs that only do romantic slice of life games. This is all it was ever going to be. Same with their last game and same with their new game.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
The main problem is people are expecting a dramatic plot from devs that only do romantic slice of life games. This is all it was ever going to be. Same with their last game and same with their new game.
The difference between this and say Triangle is that, in Triangle, nothing happens outside of the relationship drama. Anything else that might be going on takes place 100% off-screen. Hell, I don’t remember if you even talk to a character that isn’t one of the two girls.

In A Knight’s Tale, on the other hand, there are events which definitely feel like plot points that will need to be addressed. The king dies under shady circumstances, and you’re called to the city because of it. You discuss said shady circumstances with a confidant, and are asked how you feel about the new king; everything to get you suspicious and prime you for some sort of investigation. What really happened to the king? Who conspired to put this Joffrey Baratheon wannabe on the throne? Who cares, you just go back to your house and never deal with it again.

Same thing for Alice’s family. You meet up with her uncle, whom you’re on good terms with, and agree to take her in, but oh no! it seem you’ve fallen in love with her. How will you resolve this conflict between your love for her and your loyalty to her uncle? You don’t; you just move away and never talk to or hear of him again.

It’d be one thing if, like in Triangle, these things just happened in the background: you hear the king died—oh no!—but it doesn’t change anything in your life; Alice comes to you, but, as your relationship starts out, she says her uncle might not approve of it. But no, the game makes you go out of your way to meet these people and involve yourself briefly in their affairs, before just peacing out; and you end up doing nothing instead. That’s what kills me, really. In Triangle, there’s no plot, but at least the characters are working through stuff internally for the majority of it. In A Knight’s Tale, over half of the game is an uneventful loop of breakfast, stroll, dinner, cards, sex, repeat.

If this game truly wasn’t meant to feature anything else, and no content was cut, then I’d say the dev did an exceptionally poor job in setting expectations. A reputation alone for simple, slice-of-life content isn’t enough here.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
A reputation alone for simple, slice-of-life content isn’t enough here.
That's all anyone has to go off.

The devs don't come here anymore, haven't for a long time, same with most of the devs from the group.

There are a few things that can be taken from that. The big one being that all the posts made about the content since the game launched was never read by the devs. If any of it did reach them, well you can tell from the games content they never changed anything to appease anyone.

Most of the devs connected to this group are well known for making the game they set out to make and nothing anyone on here says will ever alter the content. That all started with Ptolemy and his first game Dreaming of Dana. There is quite a lot of content in that a lot of people complained about and he changed nothing.

Much the same went for Intimate Relations, Alexandra and Triangle while ongoing with Couples. I think the devs for Haley altered one or two things but that's about it.

With this group of devs we've all pretty much got 2 choices, like it or lump it.

• Haha

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
That's all anyone has to go off.

The devs don't come here anymore, haven't for a long time, same with most of the devs from the group.

There are a few things that can be taken from that. The big one being that all the posts made about the content since the game launched was never read by the devs. If any of it did reach them, well you can tell from the games content they never changed anything to appease anyone.

Most of the devs connected to this group are well known for making the game they set out to make and nothing anyone on here says will ever alter the content. That all started with Ptolemy and his first game Dreaming of Dana. There is quite a lot of content in that a lot of people complained about and he changed nothing.

Much the same went for Intimate Relations, Alexandra and Triangle while ongoing with Couples. I think the devs for Haley altered one or two things but that's about it.

With this group of devs we've all pretty much got 2 choices, like it or lump it.
For a while, I had hopes that these titles, would somehow become the standard for throuples or Poly. There are a few things that I would prefer weren't done this way, at least in terms of being a standard, like the couples separations. I understand that most of it is due to technical problems with animating, posing and rendering 4 people. I understand, but, I somehow get irked by it, like a itch I can't scratch.

So, while I really am on the "Like it" camp, firmly, I also, no longer hope to see this become a standard. I love the stories, the pacing, the romancing, the no drama. I also really like how the posing has improved, and the scenes have been getting better. But, it has developed a few mannerisms that only in Couples there's a vague attempt to fix, like the lack of PDA between them. Sometimes it doesn't need to be anything much, just a caress, a smile, or, yes, a kiss. And this between ALL the participants. They feel and treat each other as strangers meeting ONLY for sex. That put this out of the run for a standard, at least where I am concerned.

I don't mean a full honeymooner like constant in each other arms and mouths, but they are too fucking cold and distant, sometimes even during sex. Completely kills my mood sometimes.

Peace :(

Reactions: Avaron1974

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
For a while, I had hopes that these titles, would somehow become the standard for throuples or Poly. There are a few things that I would prefer weren't done this way, at least in terms of being a standard, like the couples separations. I understand that most of it is due to technical problems with animating, posing and rendering 4 people. I understand, but, I somehow get irked by it, like a itch I can't scratch.

So, while I really am on the "Like it" camp, firmly, I also, no longer hope to see this become a standard. I love the stories, the pacing, the romancing, the no drama. I also really like how the posing has improved, and the scenes have been getting better. But, it has developed a few mannerisms that only in Couples there's a vague attempt to fix, like the lack of PDA between them. Sometimes it doesn't need to be anything much, just a caress, a smile, or, yes, a kiss. And this between ALL the participants. They feel and treat each other as strangers meeting ONLY for sex. That put this out of the run for a standard, at least where I am concerned.

I don't mean a full honeymooner like constant in each other arms and mouths, but they are too fucking cold and distant, sometimes even during sex. Completely kills my mood sometimes.

Peace :(
Agreed. While I do like the games they do suffer from the same thing a few games suffer from, especially games like Man of Steal, Summer of Love etc.. and that's the romance is so wooden.

Triangle almost got it right but could have pushed the romance a bit more.

Bare Witness still has the best throuple with Heidi and Athena.

The Author came close, the throuple in that built up naturally with 2 friends liking the same guy and deciding to try a relationship together. However the devs second game has a few throuples building but none of them feel organic, it feels like fan service and it's a bit off putting.

• Red Heart

FatGiant

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2022
Agreed. While I do like the games they do suffer from the same thing a few games suffer from, especially games like Man of Steal, Summer of Love etc.. and that's the romance is so wooden.

Triangle almost got it right but could have pushed the romance a bit more.

Bare Witness still has the best throuple with Heidi and Athena.

The Author came close, the throuple in that built up naturally with 2 friends liking the same guy and deciding to try a relationship together. However the devs second game has a few throuples building but none of them feel organic, it feels like fan service and it's a bit off putting.
If I may, I am absolutely loving the way Isabella-Chasing Shadows, is building the throuple. It's slow cooking, but it's (so far) the best I've seen yet.

I liked the BW one, not over the top, but also, a small bit to matter of fact. As in, yes, there it is, no need to think about it. It is a attitude that looks ok, for a tryst or a night on the town, but, not to a possible life changing option. Or maybe, I'm just too used to overthink things too much, at least after my 30's... I really was too impulsive and did the same thing with my partners... yeah, feels good, let's move in together... in like 3 months. But, also, I've been delaying a replay of BW waiting for the last update, so things may not be fresh in my memory.

Peace :)

P.S.: Link in DM

• Red Heart
Reactions: Avaron1974

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
It's basically the same game over and over again with different background except that he's started cutting sex scenes for non patrons/premium people, so you often only get black screens with the version that's available here.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It's basically the same game over and over again with different background except that he's started cutting sex scenes for non patrons/premium people, so you often only get black screens with the version that's available here.
very good reason not to play.

Reactions: Lotex

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
very good reason not to play.
Yeah, I stopped with Couples as soon as it started. I played Triangle and liked it - nothing outrageously creative, but a nice little game without much drama. Then came Knight's tale which was basically the same, but longer and in a medieval setting with one more woman. Finihed this one too, although it overstayed its welcome and now with Couple it's the same yet again, but the biggest problem I see is that the formula just doesn't change at all, no evolution whatsoever. It's just the same cycle of work/gym/dinner/black screen during sexy time over and over again.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Yeah, I stopped with Couples as soon as it started. I played Triangle and liked it - nothing outrageously creative, but a nice little game without much drama. Then came Knight's tale which was basically the same, but longer and in a medieval setting with one more woman. Finihed this one too, although it overstayed its welcome and now with Couple it's the same yet again, but the biggest problem I see is that the formula just doesn't change at all, no evolution whatsoever. It's just the same cycle of work/gym/dinner/black screen during sexy time over and over again.
Triangle was nice, the younger girl was very likeable and to a certain degree i could buy into the premise.
Knight's Tale, could and should've been more, the guy even sets up some intrigue between the new King and the Knight(MC) but it's quickly forgotten to become a fuckfest between the foursome, and it definitely overstayed with trying every possible sex action between a guy and 3 women(some using strapons).
When i saw he was going for the same thing again with couples i decided to ignore it.

Last edited:

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Triangle was nice, the younger girl was very likeable and to a certain degree i could buy into the premise.
Knight's Tale, could and should've been more, the guy even sets up some intrigue between the new King and the Knight(MC) but it's quickly forgotten to become a fuckfest between the foursome, and it definitely overstayed with trying every possible sex action between a guy and 3 women(some using strapons).
When i saw he was going for the same thing again with couples i decided to ignore it.
Yeah, same sadly because I like a good wholesome game once in a while. No one gets killed by drug lords, no one gets almost raped, but you can only take so much before it gets kinda boring. I'd totally play the next game if there was a better story in place though. At least give me something to work with.

Reactions: LSC82

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
yea as it's been said before it feels like dev abandoned game and then just made sex scenes so can end it eventually.

king was murdered? too bad, take my daughter not born on marriage and train her to become squire.

Reactions: LSC82

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
I'm sure there are some people with a breakfast and chess fetish out there. They'll love this story.

The story was simple enough, but the dialogs were just bad. Even games like DOAXVV have better conversations.

2.90 star(s) 97 Votes