MoreLinks

Jul 27, 2018
That's what made me love Triangle.

So many games full of drama on here and look how well it's been received in some recent games not mentioning any games with the words Haley's or Story in them. The drama there has had people slamming it.

Sometimes people just like a feel good story.

I'm not averse to some drama but depends how it's going to go.

We'll see sooner or later anyway.
I thought about mentioning that game, but didn't want to rant about it in another thread.

But yeah, I see some posters talk about needing conflict in games, or not wanting a game to continue when a conflict is resolved, and it kinda bums me out. I mean obviously they have a right to their opinion. But I don't exactly want the more fun and lighthearted games to get injections of drama because of that desire.

Challenge

Donor
Aug 1, 2018
Avaron1974

Me thinks you are taking the use of non-period language much too seriously. For example the phrase:

Modern English: Awesome wasn't used during the time of knights.
Elizabethan Translation: Most wondrous wasn't hath used during the timeth of knights

Middle English, used during the time period you mentioned gets even worse. Try reading Chaucer (considered the first author to write in English of any form) in it's original text. If you want to understand the story, you have to make allowances and just assume they are using whatever the equivalent in their language would be and you're hearing it through a universal translator.

Nobles in 1100 - 1300 would have spoken a form of archaic French, Frankish, or something similar anyway.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Pretty sure it will be the wife who fools around with Lydia first anyways.
If she didn't already anyway, while hubby was on away his month-long trip! :unsure:;)
I thought exactly the same thing.

Keep mentioning how gorgeous his wife is and people complained about no drama in Triangle.

I hope i'm thinking wrong because I like his romance work but we'll see.
I'm hoping for no drama too, well at least not between the four of them. :)

Maybe the drama in this will be to do with the new king and not affect the romance side of it? :unsure:

Or... maybe it'll be a lovefest like Triangle was? :love:

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
I haven't tried "Triangle" yet .
Is it much like this one(maybe not same "Era/time-space", as in more modern times)?
Guess I'll go check it out. Has my interest peeked :giggle:.

Reactions: Rythan25

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Pretty sure it will be the wife who fools around with Lydia first anyways.
Yeah, I think Cathy and Lydia will be the first to dabble.

It does say the MC will go out on adventures so one of those lonely nights when his wife can't sleep and has Lydia next to her she'll probably do something to take her mind off things.

That also leaves the MC and his Squire to fool around while out and about.

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
or . . . maybe it will be a "3-some" :p:love: !?
Ooooops !, this comment was made in error , thinking Lydia, was the Squire :oops:, (had forgotten what her name was), so was hopeful the Knight, would "get her", before anyone else, or at least in a "3-some" with either his wife, or the "adopted daughter/maid/servant(?)" . . . Well, one can hope anyway :love::rolleyes::giggle:.

(OR, maybe a "4-some", with all the above ? :love::love::love::love: ) . . . . Yeah . . I know, probably not :(:cry:.

Edit: Hmmmm . . . I believe the Squire's name is "Alice" ? (I remember, I thought at first , the name didn't fit her, but then, remembered seeing "Alice" on a list of "girl names", that people thought of, when thinking of, "Shy, Innocent, Pure, Good-Girl" . So, it would sort-of fit :p:rolleyes::love:.

Last edited:
Reactions: Repuci

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I thought exactly the same thing.

Keep mentioning how gorgeous his wife is and people complained about no drama in Triangle.

I hope i'm thinking wrong because I like his romance work but we'll see.
Yeah the great strength of Triangle was the lack of unneeded soap drama, that we have more of enough games in that category already. It is up to the dev, since it is his game, but I could definitely do with one more game without the added drama or cockblocking mechanics.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I have to agree with what others have said this game is nice like the devs previous work the lack of drama can be quite a good thing there is enough drama in other games and in real life so this is a welcome relief of not having to get worked up about anything and put your mind at ease.
Good update I understand it was more character development and seeing how Catherine and Lydia have taken a quick liking to Alice nice to see them already at ease with each other. ;)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Yeah the great strength of Triangle was the lack of unneeded soap drama, that we have more of enough games in that category already. It is up to the dev, since it is his game, but I could definitely do with one more game without the added drama or cockblocking mechanics.
So many games seem to shoe horn drama in. The game that shall not be named was an awesome romantic comedy that suddenly took a nose dive to drama town and the tone completely shifted and certain characters went from charming and witty to mentally unstable.

I won't be able to play that game again, it's completely shot to shit for me. I don't like the tonal shift and I hated how certain characters acted in the last update.

I don't mind drama in games but if it's shoe horned in it can ruin things.

Triangle worked for me because all 3 characters could hold a scene without the need for drama. It got a decent following without any bullshit or forced conflict.

The way I see it is if drama, tension or conflict don't add to the scene then it isn't needed.

If Never can add some drama without it being forced or ruining characters then i'm all for it but if we get several updates in and we're all romantic and loved up then suddenly massive drama for the sake of massive drama then it feels forced.

There are plenty of ways to do it here without ruining the tone or the characters. There are 2 potential couples to build up and plenty of opportunity to send the MC and his squire away to give Lydia and Cathy time to build up.

Also with external conflict and the new king. Maybe the kingdom bordering the MC's palace wants to take over and he decides to help to overthrow a potential tyrant.

So much potential here.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
[...]The game that shall not be named was an awesome romantic comedy that suddenly took a nose dive to drama town and the tone completely shifted and certain characters went from charming and witty to mentally unstable.

I won't be able to play that game again, it's completely shot to shit for me. I don't like the tonal shift and I hated how certain characters acted in the last update.
[...]
Kinda OT but help me out here - is it AL or HS you're talking about?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
She is talking HS and yeah if really want to add drama or even more contentious content, your writing has to be even better to pull it off and make it enjoyable with believable and consistent characters. Not what you often see less believable, hence the shoehorned feeling likely.

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
She is talking HS and yeah if really want to add drama or even more contentious content, your writing has to be even better to pull it off and make it enjoyable with believable and consistent characters. Not what you often see less believable, hence the shoehorned feeling likely.
Damn.... And here I was hoping for it to be AL.
I am a few chapters behind the current update in HS so was looking forward to more fun :cry:

Rythan25

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2018
I honestly dont see Cathy x Lydia as the first sexy pairing in this game besides husband and wife...

I personally believe that Alice X Lydia will happen first, Lydia seems to have a girl crush on her already, stated when she saw her changing... and Alice seems like a horny little devil, I can see those two experimenting first... than Lydia x Cathy, followed by MC x Alice... and then come the threesomes that will lead to the foursome !

Highland_Hunter

Aug 26, 2019
Rythan25

Well, I haven't played the latest "chapter" in this game yet (busy, in the middle of another game), so mostly, conveying my "hopes", as to what lays in the future . . . . So, I hope your wrong (n) :p!

:rolleyes::whistle::giggle: ( I Love:love: as much as anyone, some Good Girl-on-Girl Action, but this time, I'd really like to see the "Hero", get "First-Dibs" with Alice, after-all, he had a long-time on the trail home with her, with-out any "hankie-pankie" , so he deserves it, plain & simple! )

Reactions: Repuci

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
HS.

The drama in AL fit because it started off with a dramatic scene and the armed robbery. It also had quite a lot of other dramatic moments. Domestic abuse, assault, cancer, psycho nurse, friend flirting with friends lover, an almost rape scene, theft and arrests.

Granted 1 moment was far more dramatic than others but it's not like it came out of left field, we knew something was going to happen eventually, it was building up.

HS was a romantic comedy then it took a massive tonal shift down into the depressing and characters did a U turn and started acting completely differently.

The worry here, with how a couple of characters have been set up, is how the drama occurs. The king has been set up to be a dick and we know the knight serving him wants a challenge and the MC is set up as that challenge.

Does the drama come in overthrowing the king or the king taking the women.

1 would be in theme for a knightly adventure the other is a massive potential tonal shift if a romantic tale of knights and love suddenly takes a walk down kidnap and rapesville.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
HS.

The drama in AL fit because it started off with a dramatic scene and the armed robbery. It also had quite a lot of other dramatic moments. Domestic abuse, assault, cancer, psycho nurse, friend flirting with friends lover, an almost rape scene, theft and arrests.

Granted 1 moment was far more dramatic than others but it's not like it came out of left field, we knew something was going to happen eventually, it was building up.

HS was a romantic comedy then it took a massive tonal shift down into the depressing and characters did a U turn and started acting completely differently.

The worry here, with how a couple of characters have been set up, is how the drama occurs. The king has been set up to be a dick and we know the knight serving him wants a challenge and the MC is set up as that challenge.

Does the drama come in overthrowing the king or the king taking the women.

1 would be in theme for a knightly adventure the other is a massive potential tonal shift if a romantic tale of knights and love suddenly takes a walk down kidnap and rapesville.
Yeah the second option would require some serious good writing and setup within the characters and how they deal with the consequences to pull off, be believable and still enjoyable as a game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Damn.... And here I was hoping for it to be AL.
I am a few chapters behind the current update in HS so was looking forward to more fun :cry:
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a fan of AL and it's drama filled sludge pile.

My issue was, with so much drama, by the time the big hit happened I just didn't feel it. So much had hapened in such a short space of time with every update ending on some sort of cliffhanger that i'd got used to the drama and the impact was dulled.

The tree way relationship didn't have enough time to build, he favoured the drama over setting the atmosphere and expected the drama to carry the scene. Unfortunately it worked and what is amateur writing at best is now being hailed as one of the best games of all time in some peoples words. It's a shame but there you have it.

Yeah the second option would require some serious good writing and setup within the characters and how they deal with the consequences to pull off, be believable and still enjoyable as a game.
I do think Never has the writing ability to make both kinds work. He managed to hold a lot of people's interest with 1 story about 3 people falling in love, nothing else. That took some talent.

They problem with the second scenario is people would have got attached to the girls by then. A scene that could ruin them would ruin that character no matter how good the writing is.

The easiest way around that would be to say, accuse the MC of treason, invade his castle while he's away. Once they have Cathy and Lydia they could be threatened with a hanging for the MC's crime and he has to save them, overthrow the king and save the day.

No characters are ruined and you have tension.

2.90 star(s) 97 Votes