VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
So we need to be a bitch to a bitch for "story" reasons? I'll pass, I would never submit to her in real life, why would I in a game? You are having the player sub to her no matter if you romance her or not, that is not my thing and will never be something I would do or get entertainment from playing through in any form. If we could ignore her that would be different but we can't because "story" reasons which just means I have a kink and I'm going to force it on you if you want to play this AVN. I'll tell the same I would have told her, fuck off.
I suppose because I have the benefit of foresight and know where Vanessa's story is going, I don't see it the same way as everybody else. I can't really say specifically what's going to happen without spoiling anything but being her assistant has nothing to do with any sexual kink and that's not what she needs help with. If you think agreeing to a deal with her is the same as submitting to her, that's fair.

I'm sorry if you were misled about what kind of game this was and there aren't more options than you'd like. I'm an amateur still learning how to do this. Thanks for giving it a try.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
I suppose because I have the benefit of foresight and know where Vanessa's story is going, I don't see it the same way as everybody else. I can't really say specifically what's going to happen without spoiling anything but being her assistant has nothing to do with any sexual kink and that's not what she needs help with. If you think agreeing to a deal with her is the same as submitting to her, that's fair.

I'm sorry if you were misled about what kind of game this was and there aren't more options than you'd like. I'm an amateur still learning how to do this. Thanks for giving it a try.
Being a sub is NOT just about sex, many D/s relationships have nothing to do with sex. As someone who has lived this lifestyle for two decades it is about what I will or will not put up with. I am simply not wired to submit to anyone under any condition and the fact we are stuck with her and her shit personality with nothing but a sub set of responses is something I can not get behind and get any entertainment from. All I want to do is Ctrl past anything that is even related to her, not a good thing since I'm here for a story.

Good luck with your game.

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
Being a sub is NOT just about sex, many D/s relationships have nothing to do with sex. As someone who has lived this lifestyle for two decades it is about what I will or will not put up with.
I'm pretty ignorant with that lifestyle as far as personal experiences go. Thanks for the insight. I'll try to be more conscious about it.

Good luck with your game.
Thanks. (y)

Givettme

Jul 4, 2018
Really good start! I really like the different personalities of the girls. Also lots of variables in the answers probably resulting in different outcomes. Nice animations too!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hello.

Thanks to everybody who checked it out and giving me your feedback.

I'd like to address some of the points being made and hopefully answer any questions.

---

1. I removed the Dating Sim and Kinetic Novel tags because of the confusion. Because it's the first episode, there aren't many variables to take into effect and choices don't seem to matter. As the episodes go on, the story will change in terms of how you approach it and what type of personality you have.

For example, [spoilers] dealing with the guy in the alley. As the game goes on, a more aggressive personality will be branched off into more aggressive results and a more diplomatic approach will be branched into more diplomatic paths. This is all way in the future though.

The same goes for the women. The different responses you pick will affect how they see you. If you keep trying to be funny, they'll eventually notice it. If you keep trying to flirt, they'll eventually point that out, too.

My goal isn't as much to change the situations you're in but to allow you, since you're the MC, the decision of how to react to it. That's where the choices would be.
  2. This is not a forced harem game.

In terms of romance, every girl will be OPTIONAL to romance. You can sleep with all of them. You can sleep with three of them. You can sleep with one of them. You can sleep with none of them at all, if that's what you want to do.

The situations pushing you into the direction of each girl is created as a gateway to different branching story paths. Consider Kate, for example. She will always be a part of the story and you'll have to talk to her because of school. But whether or not you want to romance her is up to you.

So while you're 'forced' down a story path with a girl you might not be interested in, you will not be forced into a romance with her.

Going forward, I'll do my best to implement more neutral choices, that don't affect a romantic relationship. I play VNs the same as you guys. I don't like it when I'm forced into a romance/sex scene with a character I'm not interested in. You might have to deal with a character you don't like in the storyline, but the romance will be a separate entity.
  3. You have to agree to be Vanessa's assistant because it's a part of the story, not because you're being forced into her arms and have to sleep with her. Without getting into specifics, every girl's story will branch out. For Vanessa, I'm hoping Episode 2 will makes things a little clearer with her and what her purpose in the story will be.
  4. The MC's thesis project is just a channel for him to meet more people. It will become more refined as the story progresses into something more.
---

Again, sorry about the confusion about what might be going on. I hope this answers some of your questions. I'm working on Episode 2 right now and hope by then, more interesting things will happen.

Thanks for this. You'll have to give me some leeway, because this is going to be a silly visual novel where the priority is the guy hooking up, so some aspects are going to be nonsensical and unrealistic.

But I'll do my best to keep it grounded and take that into consideration. As far as the MC's thesis goes, nothing is concrete at the moment and it will become more refined and professional as the game goes on.
1) Sounds good but please don't bite off more than you can chew... The more the story branches the more you need to develop, etc.

2) I am glad that every woman will be optional. However it would be refreshing if their entire branch/story was optional. Why should the MC waste his time being Vanessa's "assistant"? I know you have a story idea but allowing the player to shut down that entire branch (their loss if they don't want to experience it) would be different and appreciated. I don't care about learning anything about Vanessa and only am interested in finding out if Riley can help Billy Love stay open (IMO she can't, she's an intern).

3) The issue with Vanessa and the assistant situation is that it was just a bad reason for the MC to get to know her. The Dean of Psychology (who shouldn't have a job if there is only 1 student finishing their psychology degree) gives Vanessa the MC's number to have her help him and instead he is roped into being a free "assistant" for her. That makes no sense... The MC should be able to tell Vanessa to fuck off, they aren't in a small town, he should be able to find other people to do personality profiles. He could advertise in the coffee shop and interview people there. He doesn't need Vanessa. And accepting a subservient position with her that has no end date or described duties is :rolleyes: . I hope the second episode isn't overly Vanessa heavy.

4) That's fine but it isn't very well thought out. The MC should be able to get personality profiles from students or coffee shop customers, he shouldn't need to wander Old Town at night or become a bitchy woman's unpaid servant. He could even advertise on social media that he is looking for people to interview for his thesis. I'd suggest adding a cute, shy, "innocent" shut in student who would answer his ad since the MC shouldn't use himself as the subject of his thesis.

Don't feel like you have to include lewd scenes in each episode, tell your story and let those moments be more natural. The blowjob with Erika felt like it was there as a way to ensure there was some lewdness, unless it turns out that she's just a slut and will do anyone.

There are a lot of college/school setting games, don't force yourself to be "unique" but try to avoid the overused tropes and cliches if you don't want to get lost in the flood (in the last 48 hours I've seen at least 3 new school setting/male protagonist/Renpy-VN games appear on F95).

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
1) Sounds good but please don't bite off more than you can chew... The more the story branches the more you need to develop, etc.

2) I am glad that every woman will be optional. However it would be refreshing if their entire branch/story was optional. Why should the MC waste his time being Vanessa's "assistant"? I know you have a story idea but allowing the player to shut down that entire branch (their loss if they don't want to experience it) would be different and appreciated. I don't care about learning anything about Vanessa and only am interested in finding out if Riley can help Billy Love stay open (IMO she can't, she's an intern).

3) The issue with Vanessa and the assistant situation is that it was just a bad reason for the MC to get to know her. The Dean of Psychology (who shouldn't have a job if there is only 1 student finishing their psychology degree) gives Vanessa the MC's number to have her help him and instead he is roped into being a free "assistant" for her. That makes no sense... The MC should be able to tell Vanessa to fuck off, they aren't in a small town, he should be able to find other people to do personality profiles. He could advertise in the coffee shop and interview people there. He doesn't need Vanessa. And accepting a subservient position with her that has no end date or described duties is :rolleyes: . I hope the second episode isn't overly Vanessa heavy.

4) That's fine but it isn't very well thought out. The MC should be able to get personality profiles from students or coffee shop customers, he shouldn't need to wander Old Town at night or become a bitchy woman's unpaid servant. He could even advertise on social media that he is looking for people to interview for his thesis. I'd suggest adding a cute, shy, "innocent" shut in student who would answer his ad since the MC shouldn't use himself as the subject of his thesis.

Don't feel like you have to include lewd scenes in each episode, tell your story and let those moments be more natural. The blowjob with Erika felt like it was there as a way to ensure there was some lewdness, unless it turns out that she's just a slut and will do anyone.

There are a lot of college/school setting games, don't force yourself to be "unique" but try to avoid the overused tropes and cliches if you don't want to get lost in the flood (in the last 48 hours I've seen at least 3 new school setting/male protagonist/Renpy-VN games appear on F95).
all very good points, i really dont like Vanessa because she a snobby bitch and not really that interested in Erika because she just seems to forward, im willing to give Riley a chance for now because she might (probably not) be able to help the legend that is Billy even tho shes a bit stuck up as well forgetting his name after 2 days, my fav is Harlow so far she just seems sweet if not a bit ditzy

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
all very good points, i really dont like Vanessa because she a snobby bitch and not really that interested in Erika because she just seems to forward, im willing to give Riley a chance for now because she might (probably not) be able to help the legend that is Billy even tho shes a bit stuck up as well forgetting his name after 2 days, my fav is Harlow so far she just seems sweet if not a bit ditzy
Yeah, of the women we've been introduced to:

The Dean might have something going with her donor, Tobias, or he wanted us to think so. Obviously not a profile candidate.

Harlow was cute but forgetful, seems like the MC might have to carry her academically (not cool). He should be able to interview her for his personality profiles. The only one I think has potential as a love interest.

Erika seems like a slut and we know nothing else about her. Not thrilled with forced sex with skanky people in smelly alleyways late at night. Also someone the MC should be able to interview for a personality profile.

Vanessa I've said enough about why I don't like her. The MC should be able to turn her down.

Riley is someone who pretends she cares but doesn't really. She can have an entire conversation with someone, go to high school for four years with them and yet not remember their name at all. Not interested, however she would also be a candidate for a personality profile.

Reactions: Bailz

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
Yeah, of the women we've been introduced to:

The Dean might have something going with her donor, Tobias, or he wanted us to think so. Obviously not a profile candidate.

Harlow was cute but forgetful, seems like the MC might have to carry her academically (not cool). He should be able to interview her for his personality profiles. The only one I think has potential as a love interest.

Erika seems like a slut and we know nothing else about her. Not thrilled with forced sex with skanky people in smelly alleyways late at night. Also someone the MC should be able to interview for a personality profile.

Vanessa I've said enough about why I don't like her. The MC should be able to turn her down.

Riley is someone who pretends she cares but doesn't really. She can have an entire conversation with someone, go to high school for four years with them and yet not remember their name at all. Not interested, however she would also be a candidate for a personality profile.
the other thing with Erika is im not sure how old she supposed to be, if its just that she looks older then she is

Reactions: MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
the other thing with Erika is im not sure how old she supposed to be, if its just that she looks older then she is
She did have that look of being significantly into her 20's compared to the MC. But then Old Town living must be hard living.

VenusWaltz

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2020
Thanks for more of your feedback. I'd like to address a few points to maybe clear things up.

Let me start by saying again I'm still getting the hang of this. I have to wrap my head around knowing that I can't make a game that'll make everybody happy. I'm doing my best to balance between giving the player options and being able to bring together different paths. I have a solid idea of where everything is going, so again, I guess with my foresight, everything makes sense to me.

I will say this. If you don't like any of the girls at the moment, just bow out now. Every character is an optional romance but you will still have to deal with them for story purposes. Every girl introduced is vital to the story I'm trying to tell. If you're no longer interested, no hard feelings. I know I can't please everyone.

As far as the MC's thesis goes, it's only a loose idea at the moment. It will become more refined and concrete and maybe a little more sensible as time goes. I'm hoping Episode 2 will answer a lot of questions people might be having. If you think it's a silly, nonsensical plot point and give up now, I understand.

I get why people were confused by the tags I'm using. This is a visual novel more than anything. You'll be on train tracks for most of it. The variation will come from who you decide to romance (not interact with) and how you deal with situations you're thrown into. I'm going to tell the story that I want to tell and if you're not into it, no hard feelings.

Riley doesn't remember your name because you never gave it to her. When you talk to her at school, she never introduced herself nor did you. You know who she is but you're a stranger to her.

This my own personal optics coming into play as to why she doesn't recognize you. My graduating class in high school was more than 600 people, in a school of more than 2,000 students. If you showed me pictures of my classmates, even those I've gone to school with for all four years, some of them I wouldn't be able to recognize, let alone tell you their names. Add three years on top of that, and it's less likely for me to remember someone. Riley doesn't remember you because she's never met you before. But when you do bring it up, she does remember you from your brief encounter earlier.

On top of this, there are more reasons why she doesn't recognize you and doesn't remember you that will be addressed in the future.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Thanks for more of your feedback. I'd like to address a few points to maybe clear things up.

Let me start by saying again I'm still getting the hang of this. I have to wrap my head around knowing that I can't make a game that'll make everybody happy. I'm doing my best to balance between giving the player options and being able to bring together different paths. I have a solid idea of where everything is going, so again, I guess with my foresight, everything makes sense to me.
The number one thing I ask when it comes to player choice versus story is never have the MC fuck someone unless the player chooses to do so. Tell me a story, introduce a bunch of characters that I can love or hate but don't then make me fuck/receive oral/whatever with them. At minimum that is what I hope for in a game.

I will say this. If you don't like any of the girls at the moment, just bow out now. Every character is an optional romance but you will still have to deal with them for story purposes. Every girl introduced is vital to the story I'm trying to tell. If you're no longer interested, no hard feelings. I know I can't please everyone.
I like Harlow but we spent zero time with her. I hope that isn't an indication of how she will be treated. The problem I have with Vanessa is it seems very femdom focused, she wants the MC to provide her with subservient behavior at any time of day or night for a "personality profile". If she was in charge of Billy Love's Coffee Shop's survival and that was the reason that the MC agreed to it I would understand. On top of which she was referred to him by his advisor and she treated him like dirt, this is the type of person that his advisor thinks will be helpful? It just didn't make a lot of sense to me.

As far as the MC's thesis goes, it's only a loose idea at the moment. It will become more refined and concrete and maybe a little more sensible as time goes. I'm hoping Episode 2 will answer a lot of questions people might be having. If you think it's a silly, nonsensical plot point and give up now, I understand.
I can accept that, I am sure we have a long path ahead. I look forward to seeing it solidify in subsequent releases.

I get why people were confused by the tags I'm using. This is a visual novel more than anything. You'll be on train tracks for most of it. The variation will come from who you decide to romance (not interact with) and how you deal with situations you're thrown into. I'm going to tell the story that I want to tell and if you're not into it, no hard feelings.
In future error on the side of less versus more. A lot of people will show up and be unhappy about the tags (and then tell you how unhappy they are).

Riley doesn't remember your name because you never gave it to her. When you talk to her at school, she never introduced herself nor did you. You know who she is but you're a stranger to her.

This my own personal optics coming into play as to why she doesn't recognize you. My graduating class in high school was more than 600 people, in a school of more than 2,000 students. If you showed me pictures of my classmates, even those I've gone to school with for all four years, some of them I wouldn't be able to recognize, let alone tell you their names. Add three years on top of that, and it's less likely for me to remember someone. Riley doesn't remember you because she's never met you before. But when you do bring it up, she does remember you from your brief encounter earlier.

On top of this, there are more reasons why she doesn't recognize you and doesn't remember you that will be addressed in the future.
See, that's a different life experience thing. I didn't graduate from a traditional school. I was in independent study for the last two years of high school and had a graduating "class" of seven people who I don't remember. However, the school I went to before that was more traditional and had a graduating class of 150 students. So much smaller than yours. Anyway, I understand where you are coming from on that.

I hope the MC isn't too hung up on Riley. High school crushes are rarely worth it. And she does seem shallow but I acknowledge that we need to learn more about her.

Currently my ranking of LI:
Harlow
Erika
Billy (j/K)
Dean (is she one?)
Reserved for anyone else who might show up late
Riley
Vanessa

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I like working my ass off to get laid for some reason.... :oops:
Same!

Why can't I enjoy it when the Love interests slip on a bar of soap and impale themselves onto the MC's dick? Why must I put obstacles for them to navigate before they end up being blissfully fucked by the MC? Why am I such a weird fuck that requires a challenge?

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Hey, everybody. I made my own Daz Slideshow for people to play. Because it's only the first episode, there isn't much content. I plan on working on the game though, so I hope to see you back in six months.

For everybody downloading a measly 300MB first release, thanks for checking it out.
I wish you the best and I hope this game is a success. I won't download yet, as I prefer the games to have progressed a bit.
I also hope it doesn't take you 6 months per update. :)

EDIT:
I have a solid idea of where everything is going, so again, I guess with my foresight, everything makes sense to me.
[...]
Every girl introduced is vital to the story I'm trying to tell. If you're no longer interested, no hard feelings. I know I can't please everyone.
[...]
I'm going to tell the story that I want to tell and if you're not into it, no hard feelings.
HOLY CRAP! We need more of this. I really hope it's not 6 months/update.

lyfsavor

Mar 31, 2020
Really enjoyed the first chapter, especially the wild Asian chick. Very nice renders, animations and story so far. Not ground breaking but I can't wait to see how his "thesis" plays out over time. Keep the updates coming!

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Very promising so far I like the idea of the different options we can pick to suit our MC it's like giving him a very unique personality. The girls seem okay I'm just wondering if we will see some back story with the MC and how his crush with Riley developed. Harlow seems cute and the Asian girl is very wild also the female professor certainly enough for our MC to have his hands full.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

BuckyOHare

Oct 14, 2018
This is a really solid first release, story-driven slow burn style thing but with a little thrill thrown in there. Actual English that doesn't sound like a drunk AI translated it, and a story that seems like it could get pretty good. I like it. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

4.20 star(s) 88 Votes