c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Why dev not use patron???...
Why Patreon oh, I mean the money transaction companies behind Patreon don't like incest?
Or why do some official weed seelers in California pay their tax in cash and the tax office had needed to invest in money counting machine?
Often the same backstory some federal or locals laws are behind or their own view of the world that says "this is evil".
Ask an old European royal house about incest, sure they don't usuall sister/brother both it doesn't exist much blue blood so it comes pretty near.:whistle:

And for all about Patreon, adult content or some of the "borderline" fetishs, you can use the search function here, over lendpixel or the net per se. Or look what happens with Tumblr...

mochamas23

Apr 5, 2019
Why Patreon oh, I mean the money transaction companies behind Patreon don't like incest?
Or why do some official weed seelers in California pay their tax in cash and the tax office had needed to invest in money counting machine?
Often the same backstory some federal or locals laws are behind or their own view of the world that says "this is evil".
Ask an old European royal house about incest, sure they don't usuall sister/brother both it doesn't exist much blue blood so it comes pretty near.:whistle:

And for all about Patreon, adult content or some of the "borderline" fetishs, you can use the search function here, over lendpixel or the net per se. Or look what happens with Tumblr...
I don't know about the latest patron regulations ,,, I only saw some developers here use patrons a lot ... thanks for the information I just found out the reason why some old game developers moved away from patrons

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I prefer to keep both version separate. I would have to replay the first one again down the road. I do not mind how the second one going at this moment. However, I would have to say if the developer need to rework the first one over again to blend with the second one, that usually the developer choice.

Reactions: c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I prefer to keep both version separate. I would have to replay the first one again down the road. I do not mind how the second one going at this moment. However, I would have to say if the developer need to rework the first one over again to blend with the second one, that usually the developer choice.
I see it the same way. Not about the separate volumes or not, but about the developers choice. I don't know what envixer would change or what I would think about. Yet I must say some new content are a very nice bait for me and I know how much the overall aspect of a game can change if you add here and there some piece.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I answered no to the poll because usually remastering is a waste of time (or being greedy if it was a bigger hit game that people "had to have" in their newer consoles such as The Last of Us for PS4). If the remastering is made by the same team that is making new stuff, it's time from making something new. Just because one gets better making better renders or thinking of a better storyline to the old stuff, it's not a reason to do a remaster. If that was for singers and musicians there would be thousands of versions of them singing the same song or they would change the "official version" in a weekly or monthly basis just because they liked that one more than the earlier version. :)

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
I see it the same way. Not about the separate volumes or not, but about the developers choice. I don't know what envixer would change or what I would think about. Yet I must say some new content are a very nice bait for me and I know how much the overall aspect of a game can change if you add here and there some piece.
I agree. It is the same with authors developing the stories, as time goes on, the author may find something that didn't flow with the outline from the original source. However, changes can be good or bad. It been a while since I last played the first version. The second one nearly threw me off a bit trying to get the pattern together.

Overall, it is good that the developer opens to hear from different players opinion, however the whole story should ne from the developer's heart what is best for themselves. There is no right or wrong way, as long it comes from the developer's heart.

Reactions: xcribr

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of A New Home II v0.04.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Jul 15, 2019
THE POLE OF REMASTING THE VOLUMES INTO ONE... I WANNA SAY YES AND NO... YES DO IT WHEN THE WHOLE GAME IS COMPLETED SO IT ALL BE IN ONE GAME. AND NO!!! cause it may be to much trouble and some ppl can always download both to replay it and it may get to big...and if I already said this I'm sorry I thought I deleted my last one to make it better answer on it....I ALSO WANT TO SAY ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I PLAYED LOVE THE STORY

jstreet

Engaged Member
Jan 7, 2018
Envixer why do you always leave us wanting more in the updates? I got to say got to love the fashion show with Meg, Mini Aunty and Bee. In my opinion the Charlie & Grace scene seems to be a little forced in this update. Over all it leaves you wanting more......:)

Valronn

Apr 13, 2018
Someone add animated tag. Im glad to see this one going again and yet to download any of vol 2, gunna go from start at some point.

xcribr

Game Developer
Nov 7, 2017
Envixer why do you always leave us wanting more in the updates? I got to say got to love the fashion show with Meg, Mini Aunty and Bee. In my opinion the Charlie & Grace scene seems to be a little forced in this update. Over all it leaves you wanting more......:)
Thank you! :D

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
I answered no to the poll because usually remastering is a waste of time (or being greedy if it was a bigger hit game that people "had to have" in their newer consoles such as The Last of Us for PS4). If the remastering is made by the same team that is making new stuff, it's time from making something new. Just because one gets better making better renders or thinking of a better storyline to the old stuff, it's not a reason to do a remaster. If that was for singers and musicians there would be thousands of versions of them singing the same song or they would change the "official version" in a weekly or monthly basis just because they liked that one more than the earlier version. :)
Not to mention the Dev has 3 games going, 2 are On Hold and one was in the middle of a remaster which was almost 2 years ago. So yeah A remaster at this point isnt looking too promising. A remaster should come at the end of a game's cycle not in the middle or beginning.

hmc15

Apr 4, 2019
Not to mention the Dev has 3 games going, 2 are On Hold and one was in the middle of a remaster which was almost 2 years ago. So yeah A remaster at this point isnt looking too promising. A remaster should come at the end of a game's cycle not in the middle or beginning.
What percentage of good games get finished? I'd wager probably like 10-20%. Majority of all games are abandoned less than halfway and the rate isn't much better for well-received games. Might as well improve design and looks seeing how the game likely won't complete anyway.

And that's no knock on the dev...it's just the nature of ONE person having to do ALL of the work without significant reimbursement

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Not to mention the Dev has 3 games going, 2 are On Hold and one was in the middle of a remaster which was almost 2 years ago.
I didn't even think about their other projects (own or with someone else) or real life commitments. I just remember that I enjoyed very much playing the first volume/chapter/episode and I assume they have enough rendering/writing/programming to do with this current project and other commitments.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I put no, because all of the cleanup work or remastering should be done when the game is 100% completed.
As others have said, other games are abandoned before being completed, and it would suck moldy monkey balls if this game ended up becoming abandoned, because the dev decided to remaster it half way through, and then real life interfered with the game getting finished.

Devote the time to finishing the game first, and then worry about remastering it.

Also, keep this in mind.
I have read a lot of comments in various games, and devs who have too many unfinished games end up with really shitty reputations. No matter how good the work was, if they leave too many games unfinished, they will piss off the patrons who support them and adversely affect their future income.
No one wants to invest in devs who have gained a reputation for leaving games unfinished.

Also, there are games where the devs are doing all of the bug fixing and image updating as new releases. But they are not adding new content or they are adding very small content updates. It's pretty much the same thing as you are talking about.
The time wasted fixing the little issues leaves patrons with insanely small updates because of the time wasted on the little details being changed in previous releases.

One dev who I will not name here, has released his last 4 updates that have had no new content added, all 4 updates were nothing but fixing the little crap and updating images in earlier releases that could have been worked on after the game was finished. I was a patron of that devs game and dumped it, because I really hate paying for NOTHING...

As for merging the older with the newer versions. That depends on what the total size would be of the two merged games.

But, if it is really just a case that you are running out of ideas for this game, just ask here what direction that they would like to see the game go in. The people here would love to have that kind of input in the game, and will be sure to let you know what they would like to see.
Those suggestions might just be ones that get your mind going again on where to go with the game.

Last edited:

Regis NEX

Feb 19, 2019
Omg i almost forgot about this game!!! Such a wonderful update, got to see old faces and the story going again.

Suzie is still hot ay efff

3.40 star(s) 67 Votes