Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Since you have fetishes planned, it would be helpful to post them on the OP either under the Genre or Notes. Also, some people like to see what fetishes are NOT planned, if you know them for certain.

Just a suggestion to help potential players evaluate before downloading. I'll take a shot at it regardless.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Unfortunately, after downloading the game, I think I know why the MC was fired from his job as an English teacher.

The developer needs some help in translation. It's not unreadable by any means, but given the MC's occupation, it kind of ruins the immersion.

Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
The girls are ALL beautiful.. i will take a look... Put NTR please!!! ^_^
Just a note of caution for a new developer: NTR is a flash point for many people. It's a kink that some people really enjoy and prepare for a small chorus clamouring for its inclusion in your game. This is balanced by a larger group that dislikes NTR and will shun games in which NTR is unavoidable (and they're not a quiet bunch either). If you want to avoid 10 or 12 pages of F95ers "debating" the pros and cons, you'll make a decision early on how to approach this and you'll let people know what that decision is in the developer's notes or planned content. It's your story so tell it the way you want to, but my advice is that if you want to include the possibility in the game, make it optional or avoidable.

Also note that Netorare is a much bigger red flag than Netori (in fact I don't think I've ever seen a complaint about Netori in a game). It seems perfectly fine for the MC to steal other people's love interests, but if someone makes a run at your LI's there will be hell to pay. Just like in real life ;)

Last edited:

Sleel

Mar 2, 2018
Just a note of caution for a new developer: NTR is a flash point for many people. It's a kink that some people really enjoy and prepare for a small chorus clamouring for its inclusion in your game. This is balanced by a larger group that dislikes NTR and will shun games in which NTR is unavoidable (and they're not a quiet bunch either). If you want to avoid 10 or 12 pages of F95ers "debating" the pros and cons, you'll make a decision early on how to approach this and you'll let people know what that decision is in the developer's notes or planned content. It's your story so tell it the way you want to, but my advice is that if you want to include the possibility in the game, make it optional or avoidable.

Also note that Netorare is a much bigger red flag than Netori (in fact I don't think I've ever seen a complaint about Netori in a game). It seems perfectly fine for the MC to steal other people's love interests, but if someone makes a run at your LI's there will be hell to pay. Just like in real life ;)
The morons would have to know the diff to bitch about netori. All they see is: "NTR?!?!?! I'm no fucking beta cuck!" Hell. Morons lose their shit if the MV gets cheated on as part of the storyline introduction and setup and has nothing to do with their gameplaying.

Reactions: ridejock

Fappable One

May 14, 2020
Good luck on this game fellow dev Lexie06 :)
Take notes for ALL the bugs users will encounter. Some may not be useful one week, may come back to strike the next week!
Save & backup everything in your game (we had a dev here last month who lost his entire game, forced to Abandon it)
I do like some fetishes. Curious what they are, BUT keep some of it a surprise :cool:
As for the big 3 letters here, proceed with caution. This is a big turning point for many of us here. Me personally I'm more of a netori kind of guy, however I somewhat don't mind the NTR (or netorare) only if the dev puts it as optional

Granted you have final say (it's your vision after all lol), just make sure to keep in touch with your patrons. Ghosting them leads to unhappiness. We don't want that, no.
If things get hectic here, won't blame you if you ghost us here lol!! After all this is technically a "pirated site"

Will add this to my Watch List (y)
Cheers :coffee:

Reactions: Lexie06

Roninsoul7

Mar 24, 2020
It seems to be an ok beginning, but the english sentence structure is stilted and needs work. There are also too many blank black screens, which is fine when the MC is going to sleep (no one sleeps with their eyes open) but it makes no sense in any of the myriad of other scenes so far. There needs to be something for the player to see, anything at all but a blank screen.

I will have to second another comment when I say to put a Planned: (fetish) (kink) (VN style) under the genre section, since it already looks like there is going to be sandbox elements added, and I among many will just skip the game entirely if that is true, those who like sandboxes will stick around, those who don't will be annoyed to get invested in the story only to have to deal with it being added later. Those planned tags under Genre will help people decide if they want to continue with you, or ignore and move on. As fun as it sounds to have your players/readers guess and be surprised at your story, the hate generated when something someone doesn't want popping up will be great, so it's better to nip it in the bud before people toss hate your way. Another dev didn't put anything in planned, and the hate that got dropped on the poor person was legendary, and it could have been easily avoided with just a bit of forewarning. That same Dev has already been put on ignore lists just because of poor forewarning on content, not because people didn't like the story or writing, but how it all just got dumped on them from out of nowhere.

Lexie06

Dev of "A New Horizon"
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
Thanks for all your answers! I'll indeed put an planned and not planned tags list in the genre section, I already put it in the game but it would be lot better to put it here too.

About NTR and Harem I really don't plan to add them to the game, sorry...

There maybe will be some sandbox elements to the game but I wanna keep it pretty linear, with just few different routes. Sandbox games can be good but if done bad it can be very bad, and I'm not enough good for that.

My plans now are taking a look at the V0.01, fixing bugs and improving the English before working on the 0.02, thanks for all your feedbacks guys! And sorry to the people that encountered bugs, I'm working on it!

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Thanks for all your answers! I'll indeed put an planned and not planned tags list in the genre section, I already put it in the game but it would be lot better to put it here too.

There maybe will be some sandbox elements to the game but I wanna keep it pretty linear, with just few different routes. Sandbox games can be good but if done bad it can be very bad, and I'm not enough good for that.

My plans now are taking a look at the V0.01, fixing bugs and improving the English before working on the 0.02, thanks for all your feedbacks guys! And sorry to the people that encountered bugs, I'm working on it!
Now I'm glad that I only download the game yet because no harem but including sandbox only get a nope I'm out from me.

Deleted member 609064

May 11, 2018
In every fucking game you have someone asking about NTR. Jesus fucking Christ.

NTR folks, please stop forcing your NTR fetish on other people.
I like NTR but I do not like devs shoehorning in fetishes that randoms ask for.

The story should stand on its own and reflect the creative perspective of the dev, not a bunch of guys fetish chasing.

mofonistik

May 19, 2020
It doesn't seem to have been a problem for anyone else, but the pink textbox behind the dialogue strained my eyes a bit and was sort of difficult to read due to not enough contrast. It was better during phone calls when the color was a darker pink.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

If the game isn't going to be a harem, how many LIs do you plan to put into it?

I personally never see more than one ending; and if the game isn't harem, I just like to establish a romantic / sexual relationship with a single LI. If I'm interested in 2 or more LIs, I quit the game (which happens to me in practically all games without a harem).

Lexie06

Dev of "A New Horizon"
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
If the game isn't going to be a harem, how many LIs do you plan to put into it?

I personally never see more than one ending; and if the game isn't harem, I just like to establish a romantic / sexual relationship with a single LI. If I'm interested in 2 or more LIs, I quit the game (which happens to me in practically all games without a harem).
I planned 2 LIs. I don't know if it's gonna change. But none are gonna be forced to the player
It looks great! Good luck with your game mate!
Thanks a lot!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote