RPGM A New Life in Submission [v0.03b] [Zenkuro]

4.90 star(s) 31 Votes

lewd666Guy

Jun 25, 2019
Any updates? This is like the only good femdom game there has been in the past 3 months or so, apart from ToT new update, although this is better. Just shorter. The wait is both worrying me and exciting me for a mega update.
I check patreon almost every day for updates. But unfortunately the only thing I see is a decrease in the number of patrons. To be honest, I'd hoped for an update earlier this month. I understand that the wait is worth it, but would be cool if there were progress reports at least once a month.

Reactions: ItzSpc

Jardani1

Apr 18, 2021
I check patreon almost every day for updates. But unfortunately the only thing I see is a decrease in the number of patrons. To be honest, I'd hoped for an update earlier this month. I understand that the wait is worth it, but would be cool if there were progress reports at least once a month.
I used to think the same as you and wanted a monthly report, but based on the current situation (zenkuro disappeared for 2 months) i just want zenkuro not to keep silent and say something in the discord.

Reactions: ItzSpc

CNR25

Jan 7, 2020
This project is overambitious for one man alone, it wouldn't surprise me if Zenkuro already abandoned it sadly.

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
Assuming Zen isn't sickly (in which case I hope he gets better) or way too busy to deal with his game, that would have been an example of how to do it when you are both the developer and the artist and have to draw your own original art too so people don't rather quickly get to assumptions the project got canned.

It's an alpha and he didn't do too bad project-wise - credited all of the people who helped him and even went out of his way to code things the traditional way. He did bite quite a bit more than he can chew but that's no seppuku reason if he can fix it early or decide to take his time and implement little things here and there as he gets them done.

Just remember, Zen, please don't let your project become simp-driven. It's your fucking game. If it has no soul and no motivation left in it and there is no turning back, no matter its current development stage, please nuke it from orbit before it's too late.

Deadlines are imaginary, bad stress is toxic. Anxiety damage is real. Sites like Patreon call rewards what is supposed to be tipping money. This is literally supposed to be "just make something you're satisfied with, stay motivated, don't lose hope, love you big time" with whatever psychological or financial support you can send, no matter how meaningful. The sites that genuinely do this are actual support sites, but let's not.

Depressed bitch without any motivation left whatsoever writing a shitpost about not losing hope... :HideThePain:
It is his game and should do what he wants with it, but giving zero updates isn't professional or fair to the people giving you money.
It's not hard to write a couple paragraphs of text explaining what got done and posting a couple screenshots.

Reactions: ItzSpc and Test202

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
Well, I would've rewritten the post to leave only the beginning. That's a fair point to people who expected updates and fell for the usual "pay creator, get reward" scam which is why many creators are reluctant to use such sites as well.

This is the post that made me doubt what to believe. Since I can't verify that claim as all socials and fake support sites (as in support sites operating on exclusive content and rewards) are banned here - and that now also includes pixiv fanbox - it's kind of hard to get information you can double-check.

Hope Zenkuro moves to itch or something similar someday. Won't shill or anything, but it's one of the only places (along with gumroad and similar one-time-only purchase sites, though gumroad dodged a huge bullet with the subscription model) where donations still are possible here without doing it directly.

Long as we don't get another Tower of Simple nightmarish thread...
Patreon is you give them money and they make a game or create art and your reward is them doing said thing.
All I want is at least a monthly or weekly update; I want what I consider the bare minimum so I know if I give you money I know you are actually making something.

ZaChezzmanROFL

Feb 22, 2021
So what's wrong with communicating this himself? Mod is probably just trying to get everyone to shut up about it.
That's probably better than people pressuring him to release an update and causing more stress for him than there already is.

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
Glad to know he's fine, thanks for the heads-up Jardani.

Just have someone remind him he doesn't have to burn himself out no matter the tier. Patrons taking over can and will destroy a game that used to be motivation-driven, there's a huge difference between casually tipping and not expecting anything in return and (wildly) telling a creator "you better add this because I'm paying you and [insert site name] clearly states that I deserve the reward and can complain to them if you fail to deliver".

For the record, Patreon completely ignores complaints (including intellectual property) unless they're DMCAs from big companies or it has something to do with activism or human rights, so creators aren't going to get in trouble because their $10000 patrons didn't get their rewards (extreme example, sure, but they'll only do something if there's a riot that would cause them to get in trouble). If anything, it was in their ToS last time I checked (can't anymore since it's banned) - you spend money willingly. That's how tipping works, and tipping 10 grands is a very bad idea in the first place unless you're an oil tycoon.

But let's not, it never ends well with that one... *replaces broken record with something fresh and quiet*
You keep writing walls of text without understanding the core thing people are annoyed about which is posting updates and I don't mean a game update I mean just a progress update.
It doesn't take more than 5 minutes to post your progress or sketch on patreon and say you are alive, but busy with work or school but are still working on the game.

You keep obsessing over how patreon expectations destroy creators and shit over deadlines when we are just talking about communication. I hope he learns communication is an important part of working in his job training because if you ever had a job where problems keep not getting fixed or caused because everyone refuses to communicate it gets old super fast

4.90 star(s) 31 Votes