Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
What i mean Constructive criticism are always welcome to keep going and done better but as i always told this is a game and not real life and maybe its me but i don't see all this hate for Jenny i mean she is a little bitch ,yes but we don't know what's under her skin.
What you don't seem to understand is that I don't care about her motivations, I care about her actions.

At this point her actions are that of a horrible human being who happens to be housed in a beautiful woman.

I then take issue at MC behaving the way he is and being open to actually treating her like a normal human being after what she's done to him.

Again, WHY she has done what she done matters not a whit.

We're playing from the MC's point of view, and the MC doesn't know what her motivations are, he only knows that she's threatened him and made it clear he needs to toe the line.

This is where the players individual experiences in life are going to color how we react to the script written for the MC's hanging out in Jenny's bedroom. I find it completely discordant and jarring. He shouldn't just be over what's been done to him and willing to accept her at face value.

TessSadist

Donor
Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Usually in that case it's the MC doing it. You rarely see that behaviour from an NPC outside of NTR games,unless their the antagonist of a game.
Yes, usually that is the case, but that's a different context. I was specifically speaking of playing a female MC, being harassed by a male, and then magically they are in a relationship very soon afterwards.

So likely I can empathize with this possible situation here.

Reactions: Profound_Madman

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
This is where the players individual experiences in life are going to color how we react to the script written for the MC's hanging out in Jenny's bedroom. I find it completely discordant and jarring. He shouldn't just be over what's been done to him and willing to accept her at face value.
Not into femdom myself but the MC has no experience around people, he's from a small town in the middle of nowhere.
Hazings are common in Colleges around the world.
The MC is not the player or a blank slate, he has his own life, family, a farm and so on.
Move on, at this point you're bashing a dead horse, the dev knows some people don't like that scene already.

clairdelune

Jul 5, 2018
Amazing game! it's like I'm playing being a dik xD, but this game has a totally different story, this is a story perhaps sadder than being a dik, I think? but lets don't compare them, they are both amazing games.
i loved this game! added to my favorite list<3

Great work dev!

Reactions: Max1276

Hugh G. Rection

Jan 10, 2020
Sequence of events :
View attachment 808269
View attachment 808270 View attachment 808271

I'll leave the rest to your imagination ;)
105.JPG

So you finally came through...

nods.gif

Your visuals are great and the girls are haaa-to-the-aawttt :D but I'm sure you knew that already ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

May I just say, you make a diabolical cleavage :BootyTime:

16.JPG
55.JPG
136.JPG
139.JPG

Can you blame me, woman? :KEK::KEK:

The prologue does a good job of introducing various characters and leaves several questions by the end. It's an interesting premise, 2nd chances in life bringing characters together like this, and it balances lightheartedness with deeper moments very neatly. One twist in particular was so unexpected precisely bcoz for all its absurd cheesiness it was at the back of everyone's mind :LUL::LUL:

Your music is great, and the one especially at the intro when MC finds his Dad carries some nostalgic Morrowind vibes...

There are gems scattered throughout

huehuehue.JPG

And poster girl MayaJenny is running a posse and an establishment now? :LOL: Don't mind if she does!

67.JPG

You can know a man of culture by his references :giggle:

dikky.JPG

Also I see what you did there... :BootyTime:

A question/suggestion: Seeing as there seem to be paths for girls in the game (I'm using the Walkthrough Mod), do you plan on making it possible to name saves? It would be a great help to manage the different playthroughs :)

LordLestat thank you sir, cap'n sir!! :KEK::KEK::KEK:

This one is very glad to have played it and hyped to see and experience more of your work in the future ;)(y)(y)

107.JPG

Hugh G. Rection

Jan 10, 2020
I'll rewrite and add some scenes in the prologue chapter along with the first chapter to make her less forceful in her approach. However, this will necessitate a full replay of the prologue chapter, which I don't think that most people would like to do.

I didn't expect people to hate her as much as they did. Maybe it's a writer's bias, or perhaps it's because I already knew her story while writing the prologue chapter.

There is an imbalance of power dynamics between the MC and Jenny, which is because she's rich and owns half of the school and the player being a normal person who comes from a farm. But the imbalance won't stay that way forever, in the next few chapters it'll shift and become a healthy relationship between Jenny and MC.
Just catching up here.

It's entirely your decision whether you wish to rewrite this or not, no one here is entitled to anything from you especially since this is just the prologue release.

Like you said yourself, none of your characters are perfect and were never meant to be. This is all part of your creative vision for the game you are making, and as much as people are giving you these remarks because they care about your game, they are not the authors of the story or the characters in it - you are. You certainly do not have to accommodate every whim and preference of your audience by changing around what you have planned for the game.

Complaining that Jenny should not have behaved this or that way right from the onset is honestly very selfish thinking. Based on what? Your expectations of proper human behavior perhaps? Why would she need to behave more appropriately? We don't know any of those characters for crying out loud! That was the whole point of this prologue! Flaws are a far better metric for assessing one's personality and being than virtues because by existing they present a potential for growth and perhaps overcoming them! Polarity keeps the world interesting!

TrueLoveGames my own selfish wish is for you to stick to your guns and original vision as you planned and not bow down before outside pressure to make a character more palatable to everyone's precious sensibilities. I understand and sympathize with your disappointment at this reception but please keep in mind that no great deed has ever passed without inciting some sort of controversy :giggle: Know that you have the backing of many people here who likewise appreciate your work and respect your vision for your game, and would love to see it realized unaffected by outside mob pressure. And if you do decide to rewrite, I hope it is on your own terms and no one else's ;)

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
The renders look good and I'll give it a try when I get the chance. I noticed the developer doesn't have much support on Patreon yet , so hopefully the game picks up popularity quickly.

Triaxe

Mar 16, 2019
Great game! I wish I discovered this game later so I had more content to play through. Will definitely be following this.

Reactions: Max1276

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Well, I haven't had such a nice feeling from a first version since Leap of Faith. Looks great, story seems good so far, characters are nice, cliches didn't seem to be really cliched aside from Adam. I don't get the Jenny hate. Sure, she was forceful, but never really intrusive, and the scenes were mostly the kind that made me smile or laugh, not the kinds that made me think that the MC is a pussy ass doormat, which is I'm allergic for. I don't see any need to rewrite her scenes, but it's up to you of course.

Btw, is there a Discord for you TrueLoveGames? If not, there really should be one.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
These ladies got some nice legs (especially the purple-haired chick whose name escapes at the moment). I would love to some shots emphasizing them.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Phantom of Nerima

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
What you don't seem to understand is that I don't care about her motivations, I care about her actions.

At this point her actions are that of a horrible human being who happens to be housed in a beautiful woman.

I then take issue at MC behaving the way he is and being open to actually treating her like a normal human being after what she's done to him.

Again, WHY she has done what she done matters not a whit.

We're playing from the MC's point of view, and the MC doesn't know what her motivations are, he only knows that she's threatened him and made it clear he needs to toe the line.

And its highly possible a high % of male college kids would have no problem with being asked to strip in front of 4 hot girls and then getting their dick sucked on the first day of college.
Being fine with her afterwards can also mean the MC isnt bothered and just wants more action with the girls

Plus the MC can refuse most things and when he goes into her bedroom she gives a bit of a sob story about the other girls, the MC himself has just lost his dad, she shows him his dads letter too so its highly possible he wouldnt get mad at that point with her.

Last edited:

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
I wouldnt rewrite anything yet if it was me, the next chapter may shed a light on things more so if TLG is happy with the story and that things will get explained then concentrate with getting the next update out.

Only thing i would change is an option for text colour as the white is a bit lost sometimes as the scenes are bright a lot of the time.

LordSinner

Feb 11, 2018
And its highly possible a high % of male college kids would have no problem with being asked to strip in front of 4 hot girls and then getting their dick sucked on the first day of college.
Being fine with her afterwards can also mean the MC isnt bothered and just wants more action with the girls

Plus the MC can refuse most things and when he goes into her bedroom she gives a bit of a sob story about the other girls, the MC himself has just lost his dad, she shows him his dads letter too so its highly possible he wouldnt get mad at that point with her.
The fact she tells you a sob story does not do anything to change the fact she said she would ruin your life and forces you to work as her bitch. The sob story is just that a story nothing we have seen should make the MC believe she is not lying to him, we can see she is lying about showing him the note in the office because it was in her room not on her person. On another point you only get your dick sucked if you choose to 'relent' to the rich bitch in the first place, the MC has no idea it is going in that direction and nothing about what we know of the MC suggests he acts like most horny college kids.

And don't get me started on the 'choices' or the fact the MC is a weak little shit even though he has been working on a farm most of if not all his life. If you are wondering what I mean about him being a weak little shit just take a look at the scene with Adam. He can't even hit/shove someone giving up several inches and a fair amount of weight on him and that scene is followed by two 'choices' that are just whinny options one and whinny option two.

There is also no change in dialog that suggests you didn't just relent to the blackmail and it not just with this scene a lot of the scenes play out like you just do whatever you're told.

Edit: One last point the fact that there is even a 'bad end' says that Jenny is in fact not a nice person at all, she allows her brother to ruin your life because you didn't bow down to her, let's not forget the fact she set you up in the first place. She knows her brother is going to try and expel you and that is why you are in the dorms and the girls are staying at her place so it is harder to get to them. Jenny is a sociopath if not a full on psychopath she tries to blackmail you over something she set up just to blackmail you with and when you don't do what you are supposed to she ruins your life. The moment she tries to blackmail MC is the moment she becomes an antagonist in this story.
And let's not forget the fact that you leave Ashley just to spend time with a girl that just blackmailed you and than spend even more time with her instead of with the girl you haven't seen in five years, you know the one that is NOT a sociopath/psychopath as far as the MC knows.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2864846

Hi all,

I've silently watched over the thread and read a lot of suggestions regarding a better implementation of Jenny's character in the story. I think there's a lot of backstory that I've planned for the character that people simply didn't know yet, since her character's past will only be explained in the next chapters.

No characters in the game is purely black or white, most of them are somewhere in the gray area.

Her intent to help others with a similar past with her is genuine. The reason most of the girls that lived inside her house thinks highly of her is because she gave them a better life compared to what they had before.

Her intent to help you though, is purely for her own personal reasons that will be told later in the story. That's why she treated you and the other girls very differently.

Jenny has a deep fear of rejection and hates losing people she cared about. She will do everything she can to keep people interested in her. This was compounded by the fact that her adoptive father always giving her anything she wanted, making her a lot more selfish in the process. She didn't have anyone to say what she did was wrong, and she learnt the wrong lessons in life while growing up.

She's a deeply troubled individual trying to find a way to be happy, like most of the other characters in the story.

Was it realistic? Maybe not. Does this make her likable? Maybe not. I didn't set out to make a perfect girl that everyone will love from the get go. I wanted a character that grows as the story progresses, and instead of being perfect, she learns and becomes a better person through interactions with other characters in the story and you.

I hope that everyone can be patient and judge her entire character later after her storyline closes.
Not to be a dick, but I'm a extraordinarily annoyed that you can write a post that articulate and yet the VN's text is so poor. What the hell?

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin
4.10 star(s) 231 Votes