ShadowThrone

Mar 3, 2020
It seems that the MC is not the only person being forced to do things.
If you pick Rebecca to take her top off, she doesn't seem to want to do it : 'I .. I don't have a choice, do I?'

• Haha
Reactions: Xanny boy

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
And its highly possible a high % of male college kids would have no problem with being asked to strip in front of 4 hot girls and then getting their dick sucked on the first day of college.
Being asked, as in it's totally optional? Maybe.

Being blackmailed into it, driven to a location he depends on her to get back from and just being told to strip out of the blue?

Only fictional H game college kids would have no problem with that.

LittleWing_jh

Aug 15, 2019
Hi,
Any idea why the game exits to the main menu after the first summary of the images gallery unlock? Using android 10.
Thanks.

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
This problem with Jenny isn't just something that happened in this game. The dev made a character and knows her whole background. So he knows that she isn't the evil person most people think she is. So he tells his story and in the story she does some pretty fucked up things, but in the devs mind she will redeem herself in time. The only problem with that is that alot of people dont like her anymore and won't be willing to give her a second chance. The only way some people will give her a chance is if they are forced into it. There just isn't any trust in her character by the players anymore, because they don't know the whole story. The dev did to good of a job in making her unlikable. Same thing happened in Altered Destiny. The dev made a characterwho was to have a big impact in the story basically betray your trust. The people got upset said that they hated that character and wouldn't trust her anymore. Dev went on to explain just as tlgames did that there was more to the character, but eventually rewrote that scene to make the character less hated. now I'm not saying to rewrite your game. Its yours and I do like it. But Jenny will not be seen as favorable because of the blackmail and sexual harassment. Yeah alot of guys will say its no big deal, its just a game. Unfortunately others put themselves in the place of the mc in these games, and most play a game to win not be blackmailed (essentially losing at least in their point of view) I will give Jenny a chance but remember that you can't please everyone. Sooner or later you will pass some people off with a scene. And if you change it to get those people happy, you will piss others off who think those that were pissed off in the first place were dumb. Its all in how the dev wants to proceed, follow your original story or change it to please some players. You will lose either way. So do what you think is best for you and your game. Good luck.

Tkoyama

Feb 25, 2020
Hi all,

I've silently watched over the thread and read a lot of suggestions regarding a better implementation of Jenny's character in the story. I think there's a lot of backstory that I've planned for the character that people simply didn't know yet, since her character's past will only be explained in the next chapters.

No characters in the game is purely black or white, most of them are somewhere in the gray area.

Her intent to help others with a similar past with her is genuine. The reason most of the girls that lived inside her house thinks highly of her is because she gave them a better life compared to what they had before.

Her intent to help you though, is purely for her own personal reasons that will be told later in the story. That's why she treated you and the other girls very differently.

Jenny has a deep fear of rejection and hates losing people she cared about. She will do everything she can to keep people interested in her. This was compounded by the fact that her adoptive father always giving her anything she wanted, making her a lot more selfish in the process. She didn't have anyone to say what she did was wrong, and she learnt the wrong lessons in life while growing up.

She's a deeply troubled individual trying to find a way to be happy, like most of the other characters in the story.

Was it realistic? Maybe not. Does this make her likable? Maybe not. I didn't set out to make a perfect girl that everyone will love from the get go. I wanted a character that grows as the story progresses, and instead of being perfect, she learns and becomes a better person through interactions with other characters in the story and you.

I hope that everyone can be patient and judge her entire character later after her storyline closes.
Man, a tip here: Stay with the story you imagined. Some people will love the character and others will hate. It's your first release ever. Of course, care about the quality of your work but it's impossible to please everyone and if you do you will never be happy. I want you to surprise us with the story and nothing more than this.

Last edited:

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
This problem with Jenny isn't just something that happened in this game. The dev made a character and knows her whole background. So he knows that she isn't the evil person most people think she is. So he tells his story and in the story she does some pretty fucked up things, but in the devs mind she will redeem herself in time. The only problem with that is that alot of people dont like her anymore and won't be willing to give her a second chance. The only way some people will give her a chance is if they are forced into it. There just isn't any trust in her character by the players anymore, because they don't know the whole story. The dev did to good of a job in making her unlikable. Same thing happened in Altered Destiny. The dev made a characterwho was to have a big impact in the story basically betray your trust. The people got upset said that they hated that character and wouldn't trust her anymore. Dev went on to explain just as tlgames did that there was more to the character, but eventually rewrote that scene to make the character less hated. now I'm not saying to rewrite your game. Its yours and I do like it. But Jenny will not be seen as favorable because of the blackmail and sexual harassment. Yeah alot of guys will say its no big deal, its just a game. Unfortunately others put themselves in the place of the mc in these games, and most play a game to win not be blackmailed (essentially losing at least in their point of view) I will give Jenny a chance but remember that you can't please everyone. Sooner or later you will pass some people off with a scene. And if you change it to get those people happy, you will piss others off who think those that were pissed off in the first place were dumb. Its all in how the dev wants to proceed, follow your original story or change it to please some players. You will lose either way. So do what you think is best for you and your game. Good luck.
Don't compared this to Altered. Jenny was a bit forceful, but never mailicous. Kim on the other hand is straight trash with her supposed best friend, also there are different circumstances. (AD dev made her basically the protag in a roundabout way because his fem protag idea was shot down by the people beforehand)

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Hi Developers. Great first release(y).
The graphic quality is at a high level, although there are some skin defects here and there. The story seems to take a more serious touch than most games here. I acknowledge that with gratitude. For now, the plots and characters represent a mix of inspiration from elsewhere and your own originality.
It is too early for the judgment, but good work so far and I wish you a successful continuation(y).

If I were to comment on angry mobs with pitchforks:poop:. This is a common phenomenon here on f95 for all games that contain darker spots in the story. If you plan to continue a more serious story with characters who have their pros and cons (I hope so), then unfortunately you have to brace yourself. Look for strength from fans who prefer deeper characters and a quality story.

I personally perceive Jenny as a good girl in her heart, spoiled with money. She is used to get what she wants and she doesn't realize how easy it can destroy a potential friendship (in our cause commanding of disadvantaged / weaker within in term of power dynamic).
So I don't see her as a bad figure, but I wouldn't trust her either and I would be very careful with her.

D

Deleted member 2237523

I'm in love with this masterpiece, amazing renders, great background music, story so far so good, can't wait for next release, the only small downside is texture on male neck is very rough. All in all superb VN.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Max1276

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Don't compared this to Altered. Jenny was a bit forceful, but never mailicous. Kim on the other hand is straight trash with her supposed best friend, also there are different circumstances. (AD dev made her basically the protag in a roundabout way because his fem protag idea was shot down by the people beforehand)
Yes but still the comparison stands because everything I stated was true. Both devs didn't see that the players would be upset about how an npc acted, because they didn't have the full back story. Also I disagree Jenny was malicious when she basically said do this or your life is ruined. Thats how it looked even though yes in AD the npc in question was a bit more unlikable. Also his writing left much to be desired and yes it seemed that the npc was the protag but it was explained that it wasn't the case. Also while the other npc came across a a narcissistic bitch who didn't care about anyone, she didn't take into account the consequences of her actions but never did anything that she knew would be detrimental to the pc. Yes she fucked his mom and she did it without thinking of the consequences wether it would change the future she just did it because she was written like a horny teenage boy mindset. Jenny on the other hand maliciously told the mc do it or else your life is ruined. Now neither dev wanted their npc to come across that way but they did. That was due to the fact that I stated earlier, noone but them saw the whole picture whith the npc because only they know the whole story.

Last edited:

scarp1

Aug 22, 2020
It seems that the MC is not the only person being forced to do things.
If you pick Rebecca to take her top off, she doesn't seem to want to do it : 'I .. I don't have a choice, do I?'
Pretty much, and its highly possible Jenny herself may be forced into the stuff she is asking the MC to do.
All the girls seem like they will have a hard time of things in the past so I feel we need to see how the story goes before we jump to conclusions about Jenny being evil or its badly written.

Last edited:

Norz

Nov 8, 2018
I really enjoyed it. I do agree with some of the posts in reference to Jenny but I do think it's way to early to jump at for sure outlook on her. Yeah we get a pretty defining moment from her that sets her up on a path but also have an MC who flirts with everything that has tits.... I say give it time to see who she is.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Yes but still the comparison stands because everything I stated was true. Both devs didn't see that the players would be upset about how an npc acted, because they didn't have the full back story. Also I disagree Jenny was malicious when she basically said do this or your life is ruined. Thats how it looked even though yes in AD the npc in question was a bit more unlikable. Also his writing left much to be desired and yes it seemed that the npc was the protag but it was explained that it wasn't the case. Also while the other npc came across a a narcissistic bitch who didn't care about anyone, she didn't take into account the consequences of her actions but never did anything that she knew would be detrimental to the pc. Yes she fucked his mom and she did it without thinking of the consequences wether it would change the future she just did it because she was written like a horny teenage boy mindset. Jenny on the other hand maliciously told the mc do it or else your life is ruined. Now neither dev wanted their npc to come across that way but they did. That was due to the fact that I stated earlier, noone but them saw the whole picture whith the npc because only they know the whole story.
The two are very different cases. You know what's similar to this? Leap of Faith by Drifty and the Steph situation. There Drifty really wanted, still wants people to like Steph because of her full backstory, but with the initial introduction it became a massive hate storm (not unfoundedly), and he started to rewrite some things, because in his mind it was all good, since he knew the full story. What Tlggames has here is similar, with Jenny being way less of a prick than Steph. She wasn't really malicious, she never had a threathening stance or feel to her, she stated facts that she's the only one that can get him out of that mess that the MC did to himself might I add, and she got him out of course with a condition, but nothing really bad. You want abuse of power in a VN? Play Estate, you'll have it, and nope, not because it's femdom, it's because those girl are all twats. With ICC, it's a whole different situation though, because he wanted a fem protag game originally, which weren't well recieved, he changed it to the current MC, but still sneaked Kim being the actual lead sneakily. Kim there, the supposed best friend wasn't ever a nice person, much less of a friend, just remember the whole assignment thing, and she doesn't get the benefit of the horny teenager shit, especially not after the complete lack of apology in the first version or the lack of reaction from the MC (which was the biggest issue). Not to mention how ICC tried to wash her later on, and still clings, then decided to switch back to make Filf again. That's a shitshow in itself, on a level that's nearly not present in here. If you want to make a comparison, LoF and Steph are much closer to this than that joke of a story that AD had.

Famescua

Donor
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
The two are very different cases. You know what's similar to this? Leap of Faith by Drifty and the Steph situation. There Drifty really wanted, still wants people to like Steph because of her full backstory, but with the initial introduction it became a massive hate storm (not unfoundedly), and he started to rewrite some things, because in his mind it was all good, since he knew the full story. What Tlggames has here is similar, with Jenny being way less of a prick than Steph. She wasn't really malicious, she never had a threathening stance or feel to her, she stated facts that she's the only one that can get him out of that mess that the MC did to himself might I add, and she got him out of course with a condition, but nothing really bad. You want abuse of power in a VN? Play Estate, you'll have it, and nope, not because it's femdom, it's because those girl are all twats. With ICC, it's a whole different situation though, because he wanted a fem protag game originally, which weren't well recieved, he changed it to the current MC, but still sneaked Kim being the actual lead sneakily. Kim there, the supposed best friend wasn't ever a nice person, much less of a friend, just remember the whole assignment thing, and she doesn't get the benefit of the horny teenager shit, especially not after the complete lack of apology in the first version or the lack of reaction from the MC (which was the biggest issue). Not to mention how ICC tried to wash her later on, and still clings, then decided to switch back to make Filf again. That's a shitshow in itself, on a level that's nearly not present in here. If you want to make a comparison, LoF and Steph are much closer to this than that joke of a story that AD had.
I respect your point of view, but we will have to disagree on this. Icc had already stated that he would go back to filf before the shitstorm so I can't agree with you on that one. Now about comparing the npc's well if you look back I said that the devs both created characters that had the same issues nog that the characters were the same. The issue was that they did a shitty thing to the mc and people hated them for it. The devs both were looking at the big picture with all the knowledge of what will happen and forgot that the players would form opinions on only the information that they had. The information was in one story the friend betrayed the mc's trust and in the other the mc was blackmailed with the threat that his life would be ruined. Yes he brought that on himself but the npc knew how much of a dick her brother was so she knew he was taunted into the attack. Now in AD you talk about the whole assignment thing. First off the mc would have failed anyways if the friend hadn't made him do the assignment in the first place. Yes she didnt think of him until it was late and genuinely felt bad for forgetting when he failed because she didn't bring him the pics. She ultimately helped by guilt tripping the teacher into accepting the pics. So that is thrown out. The horny teenager thing is her thing. There was never a doubt in anyone's mind that she was a horny teenager. Thats all she really talked about. So I didagree with you again. Anyways like I said I respect your point of view but we will have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018
The game/story is okay, but everything in Jennys house really needs a rewrite tbh.
It feels so unnatural and out of no where.
If it weren't for that scene/scenes, what the game had so far was a 4-5 star rating.
But that whole part just brought it down to a 3/5 max.

The fact that there is no explanation or anything, and the MC just accepts it makes it even worse.
Its the same with the part in Jennys room where she asks you if you want to fondle her breasts.
Like it makes no sens, its not written in a believable way what so ever.
Its not like she says "oh I'm so sorry, can i make it up to you? How about i let you...." or something, its just....
Every single "naughty" scene so far have just felt badly written, and that's a real issue if this is how this game is gonna keep going.
In these slice of life kind of VN's you need to at least have some thread of belief that its at least plausible or you can understand some kind of reasoning.
Atm the rest of the VN has that, but all the naughty parts in Jennys house is just bad writing tbh.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The game/story is okay, but everything in Jennys house really needs a rewrite tbh.
It feels so unnatural and out of no where.
If it weren't for that scene/scenes, what the game had so far was a 4-5 star rating.
But that whole part just brought it down to a 3/5 max.

The fact that there is no explanation or anything, and the MC just accepts it makes it even worse.
Its just bad writing tbh.
There is an explanation, the MC was rejected to begin with, he's accepted only because Jenny's special program for rejects.

4.10 star(s) 232 Votes