3.80 star(s) 106 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Okay. I am finally ready to share my preliminary findings on David. They are not as exhaustive as what I have written on Anna and I actually scrapped a much more exhaustive analysis because it wasn't really possible to show one way or the other how his outwardly positive qualities were detrimental to his marriage. If anyone is curious about that I may elaborate further on it in the future. I do plan on posting specific scenes like I did with Anna but first I have a few things to unpack.

As some of you know, NewTricks is two people and we are a couple. We talked about this for about three hours last night and even had to look into a few reference books. It is sometimes useful to have someone to bounce these ideas off of. We both agree on Anna and her NPD (Narcissistic Personality Disorder) though. We are also aghast that there is so many pathetic apologetics for Anna's texts with Chris. We both agree that if either of us texted like that with a member of the opposite sex no amount of saying "It's just a joke you wouldn't get it" would keep the offender's shit from ending up in a pile in the front yard.

But I digress. Back to David. Unfortunately for David, his best quality is also his worst quality. The quality that attracts individuals like Anna and Kendra to prey on him. It is his sense of empathy. Empathy, while a necessary quality in most healthy people can also exist in excess in a person. Someone with excessive empathy can seem like a bit of a doormat because they are able to put themselves in other people's shoes to the extent that they can forget that they are in their own shoes and that they also need to consider themselves. This is also a bad trait in that sometimes they can begin to empathize with other individuals to a point where they are putting their welfare above the well-being of themselves or their partner.

In most of his interactions with others, whenever someone says something that troubles or offends David he doesn't need them to excuse themselves because he makes excuses for them. He always thinks of their feelings first before considering his own feelings or even considering that they have bad intentions. This is why both his "best friend' and his "wife" (sorry for the quotation marks as they are at least legally married) are raging narcissists who demonstrate little or no empathy for him or anyone else yet he can have functional relationships with them and not feel exploited. Most normal people are able to turn narcissists out of their life before they can do serious damage.

David has many healthy traits that other people in the story lack. He has a healthy self-image, an excess of patience, and a tolerance for people who make mistakes or hold beliefs drastically different than his own. He is able to maintain functional relationships with people who irritate or even antagonize him. This has probably led to him being very successful in business, as a healthy balance between his id, ego, and superego enables him to smooth things over with other people regularly. This comes at a personal cost to him, though, as he seems either unable or unwilling to distance himself from toxic or exploitative people even when everyone around him is complaining about them.

Basically, David makes the perfect victim for people like Kendra or Anna to feed on. Kenra to anchor her shattered identity and Anna to use as a source of narcissistic supply. Of course, he is not the only source of supply for him because she is empty inside and is a bottomless pit of need. It also doesn't allow him to protect himself from bad actors like "Alexia" the gym girl because he cares about her feelings even though he doesn't know her and owes her nothing. Kendra knew David well enough to know that even if he refused to betray his wife that gym girl's sob story would trigger his empathy and make him unable to discern that everything she told him was total bullshit.

So what can we do for David? Well, it turns out not much. We cannot make any choices that make him unempathetic. Even his bad decisions are based in his empathy. It seems that the choice we are faced with is whether to make him an empath that has a conscience or one without one. Individuals who score high in empathy but low in conscience are known as "Dark Empaths" and are extremely rare and harmful individuals that are potentially more dangerous than either NPD or BPD individuals. Probably the only individuals more dangerous are full-blown psychopaths.

So that's the main thrust of it. David is a victim within the marriage but also has one major trait that makes him a good person but potentially a bad partner. It remains to be seen how his story will unfold based on his dark choices but it is clear that even if his marriage is "saved" it will only be so he can continue to be a victim within the cycle of narcissistic abuse that he calls a marriage.

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Poor David! He now knows for sure that he is destined to play the role of a pathetic insignificant person in this game! I think he has already written the author a letter of resignation from the game and refused breakfast!:cry:;):ROFLMAO:
No, he cannot refuse breakfast, at least that he must have after all. :KEK:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: UpravDom

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
Last edited:

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Do you remember that line at the very beginning CH1 of Kendra about the medicine she had to take? "I know Dr. Martinez says I have to take them," but where did that get me? something good came out of it you know because she became an anime villain lol it's even scary even though it's a VN game the fact is that there are many women and men too who do this kind of thing in wanting to destroy their ex. that's why i don't even care how much time i spend on games like this it's amazing it tackles things like this.. dipo. what happens in the real world. how a bad choice can have bad and unpleasant consequences down the road. That's what makes the game perfect In my opinion.

Reactions: Sadowdark

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
:unsure: and since i talked about these meds i wonder if Kendra will go crazy and out of control again with her not getting what she wants like destroying the couple taking down Ana and turning her into a great whore and getting her beloved David back and With her now off her meds I think she could do a lot worse than breaking David's car windows. :oops::oops:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
:unsure: and since i talked about these meds i wonder if Kendra will go crazy and out of control again with her not getting what she wants like destroying the couple taking down Ana and turning her into a great whore and getting her beloved David back and With her now off her meds I think she could do a lot worse than breaking David's car windows. :oops::oops:
The effects of Kendra being off her meds is already having an impact on her. She was probably taking mood stabilizers which is why she complained (incorrectly) that she was fuzzy-minded and unable to think. What it really was is that her mood stabilizers were keeping her from having high-mood swing episodes and mania as well as severe depressive episodes and emotional breakdowns. Other than Anna we see her being short and snappy with everyone she is talking to and she is suffering from one of the most debilitating symptoms of BPD. When she is talking to herself and insisting that David could "Love Kendra" she is suffering from disassociation. This can be one of the more dangerous aspects of BPD and she is in big trouble if it is happening. She probably also was on anti-anxiety meds so as her identity continues to collapse and her mood continues to swing wildly she will start to get paranoid and distrustful. She may even start to have panic attacks and episodes of memory loss. In the next few days of Anna's story, I wouldn't be surprised if she continues to unravel and become a real mess, maybe even to the detriment of her plan. Untreated debilitating mental illness does not a mastermind make.

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
The effects of Kendra being off her meds is already having an impact on her. She was probably taking mood stabilizers which is why she complained (incorrectly) that she was fuzzy-minded and unable to think. What it really was is that her mood stabilizers were keeping her from having high-mood swing episodes and mania as well as severe depressive episodes and emotional breakdowns. Other than Anna we see her being short and snappy with everyone she is talking to and she is suffering from one of the most debilitating symptoms of BPD. When she is talking to herself and insisting that David could "Love Kendra" she is suffering from disassociation. This can be one of the more dangerous aspects of BPD and she is in big trouble if it is happening. She probably also was on anti-anxiety meds so as her identity continues to collapse and her mood continues to swing wildly she will start to get paranoid and distrustful. She may even start to have panic attacks and episodes of memory loss. In the next few days of Anna's story, I wouldn't be surprised if she continues to unravel and become a real mess, maybe even to the detriment of her plan. Untreated debilitating mental illness does not a mastermind make.
Again, great and thorough analysis as always, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ass Fan

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
(y)

3.80 star(s) 106 Votes