3.80 star(s) 106 Votes

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
Maybe because your overview says "we'll make decisions that will shape their personality and the course of their marriage". So yeah, we assume because of that that we'll be able to do exactly what it says. Now you're telling us we won't shape their personality or the course of their marriage. David will be David and Anna will be Anna and we have no control over it.
I don't understand what the point you're trying to make is. "we'll make decisions that will shape their personality and the course of their marriage" does not equal "you can decide every single personality trait they have and decision the character ever makes throughout the entire story from start to finish" If that's what you were expecting, you should probably temper your expectations of single developer visual novels in the future, and I don't really think you can put that on the dev.

And with that last bit you're just putting words in their mouth, they said Anna is Anna and David is David, which means they have an established personality and backstory, and you aren't going to be able to have them act completely differently without good reason. You can already shape how David behaves to a fair degree when controlling him, and it was stated from the beginning that you would switch to Anna in chapter two, and I expect a similar level of influence when we get there, but since we haven't gotten to the parts where you control Anna, I'm not sure why you would expect to make choices for her yet.

I don't see anywhere in the op where the author promised a sandbox, which seems to be what you want, they stated you'd have choices to shape their personality and marriage, and given that you can already decide how much of a control freak David is and how he deals with women flirting within the first couple of decisions, I'd say they're on track so far.

Last edited:

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
It can be avoided, but people on here apparently think Anna sending selfies in her night gown is ntr, so who knows.
With this ntr stuff people are very sensitive...i was also amazed what actions already count as ntr and in many game discussions fans requested ntr tag for less then a wife sending pics to someone else than her husband...even when husband is not MC...:)
I like your game , just stick to it and update regulary. Very interesting approach.

Jan 13, 2021
Would have been a great game for sure if you had the possibility to control both characters (Anna & David) to some extent. So, in my opinion, it's just about watching a pretty couple with a daughter fail in their marriage. Too bad!

Shouldn't the players be given the opportunity to intervene? I mean, if someone absolutely has to go the NTR way, then they should. The players who want to go the vanilla way should then also get the real vanilla way.

That way you reach a much larger group of players as a developer.

Just my opinion.

Nevertheless, I wish the developer good luck and hope that he has made the right decision.

I am out. :confused:

Mr_Palmer

May 28, 2022
"so unfortunately it appears people were led to believe this was a romance story where you have carte blance over the character's actions"

Maybe because your overview says "we'll make decisions that will shape their personality and the course of their marriage". So yeah, we assume because of that that we'll be able to do exactly what it says. Now you're telling us we won't shape their personality or the course of their marriage. David will be David and Anna will be Anna and we have no control over it.

Also, (before you changed the OP) you had NTR listed as avoidable. Now you're basically saying it won't be by telling us if we don't like NTR, we shouldn't play your game (and the fact that you removed the avoidable part under the genre spoiler). So we assumed, because you had it listed as avoidable, that we would have a romantic route where they don't cheat. Because once again, you said we would shape their personality and the course of their marriage.

It seems you need to remove that part from your overview as clearly, we cannot shape their personality or the course of their marriage, as you have just said. It's misleading and leads players to believe that we'll have full control over their actions and be able to choose what path their marriage goes down.
- You will be able to influence David and Anna, their personalities and the course of their marriage.
- You won't have total control over the characters and the story.
- I faulted by suggesting ntr is avoidable, because my interpretation of what ntr is was a bit off. Can Anna avoid a physically sexual relationship with another man and choose to have a happy marriage with David in this game? Yes.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I don't understand what the point you're trying to make is. "we'll make decisions that will shape their personality and the course of their marriage" does not equal "you can decide every single personality trait they have and decision the character ever makes throughout the entire story from start to finish" If that's what you were expecting, you should probably temper your expectations of single developer visual novels in the future, and I don't really think you can put that on the dev.

And with that last bit you're just putting words in their mouth, they said Anna is Anna and David is David, which means they have an established personality and backstory, and you aren't going to be able to have them act completely differently without good reason. You can already shape how David behaves to a fair degree when controlling him, and it was stated from the beginning that you would switch to Anna in chapter two, and I expect a similar level of influence when we get there, but since we haven't gotten to the parts where you control Anna, I'm not sure why you would expect to make choices for her yet.

I don't see anywhere in the op where the author promised a sandbox which seems to be what you want, they stated you'd have choices to shape their personality and marriage, and given that you can already decide how much of a control freak David is and how he deals with women flirting within the first couple of decisions, I'd say they're on track so far.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
- You will be able to influence David and Anna, their personalities and the course of their marriage.
- I faulted by suggesting ntr is avoidable, because my interpretation of what ntr is was a bit off. Can Anna avoid a physically sexual relationship with another man and choose to have a happy marriage with David in this game? Yes.
It's not off, technically her sending photos behind his back is not NTR, it's closer to cheating than NTR, if she told him or meant for him to discover in order to cause jealousy it would be NTR in the classical sense, but the non NTR saw it and got emotionally bothered, to them all those type of actions will always be interpreted as NTR. So might aswell put NTR unavoidable in bold red or put all the other males on a rocket to the moon then nuke it from orbit to be sure.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
That story is pretty acurate with reality, i'm married since about 20 years and i have a lot of married friends, it's funny how the dev just nailed it when it's about men/women and the way they choose their wife/husbands.
Anna choose David because he was the nice guy type, with a stable situation which provide her security, he was not really a sex bomb so she could be sure that he would not cuck her to soon and he seemed to have a very good father potential for her children.
But of course when you choose a guy like this you cannot expect an intense sex life, some lame sex from him that will not entice her to try other things, his job taking more and more time, sex once a month with a minuteman, her getting more and more frustrated, what could go wrong !!
They are meant to fail as it did for many of my friend who got married for the same wrong reasons, for the girls the wrong is to choose some reassuring teddybear, for the men it's to choose a girl just because she's beautiful and sexy without really thinking ot the aftermaths, you fuck like rabbits for a month then you get bored because there is not much more than this!

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
For F95, the fact she os open flirting and sending potentially risque pictures, wehen she is "supposedly" happily married, is a turn-off to a lot ofd people and will ptompt them to yell for the NTR tag.

IRL do people do this behavior? Yep, but that's also the first step to cheating since if you were really committed to someone you avoid those siutations, regardless of how "good a friend" they supposedly are or how horney you are. The physical usually follows the mental, and if someone lets themselves be mentally aroused usually the physical part is not hard to coax along.

I would not be surprised that this is why people have objected to the claim in the OP that the player can control the characters, because the story already rail-roads Anna down the the predictable cheating path. You may as well say this game is NTR for the F95 crowd because othere is no way to avoid seeing Anna start down that cheating path with someone else.

MikeShox

May 23, 2020
Hello,
i liked the game but i missed things like stats - trust/distrust point, corruption and love and active walktrought mod. I think it be better to control situation for those who want avoid NTR and those who will like to throw MC to the arms of man. Cheers

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sadowdark

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
The idea is interesting, but the narration is so wordy that it becomes boring.

Why would I care to learn all the details about the past? Especially the past of other characters, like Chris? I don't need to know his history, I can see what he is at a glance.

Mr_Palmer, I would prefer if you reduced the most necessary flashbacks to half or one-third, and skipped less necessary altogether. Even Tolstoy's texts, however long-winded they were, still carried some meaning. Your degree of unnecessary details is more like Proust already. (A.k.a. too boring to finish).

Reactions: pochops

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022

Why would I care to learn all the details about the past? Especially the past of other characters, like Chris? I don't need to know his history, I can see what he is at a glance.

Mr_Palmer, I would prefer if you reduced the most necessary flashbacks to half or one-third, and skipped less necessary altogether. Even Tolstoy's texts, however long-winded they were, still carried some meaning. Your degree of unnecessary details is more like Proust already. (A.k.a. too boring to finish).
Man, I actually really enjoyed the writing and character back stories in this game. The details make the characters come alive, even when they aren't so likable like Chris. I will concede that there's some repetition of certain details; for instance, Chris seems to be introduced twice when interacting with both MCs for the first time. Other than that, I really like the writing and wouldn't want it to be changed too much.

However, I suppose I should admit here that I also enjoy reading Proust quite a bit. Absolutely no one asked this, but I've always felt the narrator in Remembrance of Things Past should've gone for Andrée instead of Albertine. The Baron de Charlus was the slightly more gay version of Chris in the novel...what a venomous, scheming bastard he was.

Reactions: Ass Fan and rKnight

Lord Bradley

May 28, 2019
Please don't lose the vision you have for your game, developer! People will literally always complain and especially when NTR is involved people bring out pitchforks. This is a great game and I would love to see many updates and have a great time! :)

P.S. I really adore games where there is some sort of social medial imitation and ladies of the game make posts MC could check from time to time, if you ever consider this for future maybe I would be a fan :) If you want some example games feel free to message me, don't wanna advertise here.

pr0n

Aug 23, 2017
For F95, the fact she os open flirting and sending potentially risque pictures, wehen she is "supposedly" happily married, is a turn-off to a lot ofd people and will ptompt them to yell for the NTR tag.

IRL do people do this behavior? Yep, but that's also the first step to cheating since if you were really committed to someone you avoid those siutations, regardless of how "good a friend" they supposedly are or how horney you are. The physical usually follows the mental, and if someone lets themselves be mentally aroused usually the physical part is not hard to coax along.

I would not be surprised that this is why people have objected to the claim in the OP that the player can control the characters, because the story already rail-roads Anna down the the predictable cheating path. You may as well say this game is NTR for the F95 crowd because othere is no way to avoid seeing Anna start down that cheating path with someone else.
You're making somewhat of a slippery slope assumption that things always go further, when in reality she's been nothing but a cocktease posing in underwear and doing some innuendo sexting. Dev already stated actions beyond this would be avoidable.

It seems central to the plot so I don't see why anyone bothered by that would play the game. I guess they hoped just the MC would get to do all the cheating while the wife stayed devout or perhaps turned into some obedient cuckquean.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Sadowdark

Deleted member 40068

May 22, 2017

All the details make the story and cheating actually interesting. If you don't want to read, there are plenty other games which have no backstory necessary. Plus, he's made it pretty clear the flashbacks are going to be less frequent as we move forward with the story.

atrebor68

Engaged Member
Aug 26, 2020
All the details make the story and cheating actually interesting. If you don't want to read, there are plenty other games which have no backstory necessary. Plus, he's made it pretty clear the flashbacks are going to be less frequent as we move forward with the story.
I agree, the cheating IS the story.
Thousand of books and movies are based on this plot.

Reactions: unreal4real
3.80 star(s) 106 Votes