3.80 star(s) 106 Votes

The Revenant

Jun 3, 2017
I find it intriguing that so many people seem to want to play a faithful route in this game. Maybe there really is an untapped market for happy couple romance VNs. I think the main reason we don't see more of those if that if there is only one LI/one relationship available the game is dead for anyone who doesn't like that LI/relationship. I wonder if most people wanting to play the faithful route still want there to be options to cheat. Would it be boring if you knew you couldn't ruin the marriage with a wrong click or two?

Speaking for myself, I do like the idea of there being a faithful route -- I like different paths and lots of choices in VNs -- but it's hard for me to view Anna as a faithful, perfect wife given what we know about her character. She does keep things from her husband even before she sends the sexy pics to Chris. Chris views Anna as being too good for David, but I think you could view David as actually being too good for Anna looking at it from another perspective. David's idea of "flirting" with Alexia is to call her a charming woman. I'm 100% sure he got that from the book "101 Ways to Compliment Other Women Without Your Wife Giving a Shit." Anna letting her ass be groped by her boss, concealing Chris' flirtations, and sending the pics seems like a whole other level. Is Anna really the perfect wife you guys want?

Maybe there should be a sequel called A Perfect Marriage 2. It could cover the events that happen after David divorces Anna and marries Kendra. There'll be a lot less cheating in that game because of Kendra's tendency to cut off the dick of any man who would cheat on her or try to cheat with her. Anyone who doubts that a vanilla VN can be just as extreme as a NTR VN is going to be in for a very rude awakening.
I think Anna is the perfect wife if you want her to be. Sometime she wants to be wanted and if someone is at the right place at the right time things can take an unfaithful turn. David is however a bit less smart than Anna and does not know how to act get what he wants. I would not blame him since he had a toxic past relationship which dulled his smartness around people. So far I think it is going the right way. Btw I think it is more about the portrayal of Anna being the perfect wife coz I feel like something might have already happened with her boss; or she might have given some signal to the boss for which he is infatuated with her. In the end it is your choice that matters and don't mistake her smartness at times being unfaithful.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I think Anna is the perfect wife if you want her to be. Sometime she wants to be wanted and if someone is at the right place at the right time things can take an unfaithful turn. David is however a bit less smart than Anna and does not know how to act get what he wants. I would not blame him since he had a toxic past relationship which dulled his smartness around people. So far I think it is going the right way. Btw I think it is more about the portrayal of Anna being the perfect wife coz I feel like something might have already happened with her boss; or she might have given some signal to the boss for which he is infatuated with her. In the end it is your choice that matters and don't mistake her smartness at times being unfaithful.
As I brought up during the very first update David really has the deck stacked against him. While I spend too much time busting the chops of the folks who insist that they will leave if there isn't some pure Vanilla path (when Anna is, frankly, in the midst of an emotional affair already) it's not like I'm just pulling it out of my ass. The truth is that literally everyone around Dave and his wife's life is sharpening their knives and preparing to stab him in the back with the cold knife of betrayal. Nobody is in his corner. Nobody! He is completely and totally fucked and surrounded by more assholes than Dark Helmet. Wife is dreaming of bigger cock that magically never comes. Bitch at the gym wants to ruin his marriage. Psycho Ex-girlfriend who is working for his wife wants to turn her into a whore. Asshole coworker wants to fuck her. Asshole best friend wants to fuck her. Asshole boss wants to fuck her. I could go on, but I think you get the point. His dad probably has designs on her and if they had a dog he would never stop humping her leg. Hopefully, he can get himself a gay best friend stat! You know what, scratch that. Gay best friend would probably only be biding his time to seduce him.

In short, he married Helen of Troy, and sooner or later Paris is gonna show up. Maybe if there was one person on earth that wanted his marriage to succeed he would have something resembling a chance but nope. His marriage is just a bunch of bowling pins and the entire world is rolling down the alley at breakneck speed.

If the story manages to thread the needle and pull a vanilla romance out of this mess I'm not sure whether I would be incredulous, disappointed, or impressed. Anna running this gauntlet of dick without fucking one would probably be as impressive as Arnie winning The Running Man. I have a better chance to win Mega Millions than David has of getting through the month with his wife unfucked by the tidal wave of cock headed straight for her.

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
As I brought up during the very first update David really has the deck stacked against him. While I spend too much time busting the chops of the folks who insist that they will leave if there isn't some pure Vanilla path (when Anna is, frankly, in the midst of an emotional affair already) it's not like I'm just pulling it out of my ass. The truth is that literally everyone around Dave and his wife's life is sharpening their knives and preparing to stab him in the back with the cold knife of betrayal. Nobody is in his corner. Nobody! He is completely and totally fucked and surrounded by more assholes than Dark Helmet. Wife is dreaming of bigger cock that magically never comes. Bitch at the gym wants to ruin his marriage. Psycho Ex-girlfriend who is working for his wife wants to turn her into a whore. Asshole coworker wants to fuck her. Asshole best friend wants to fuck her. Asshole boss wants to fuck her. I could go on, but I think you get the point. His dad probably has designs on her and if they had a dog he would never stop humping her leg. Hopefully, he can get himself a gay best friend stat! You know what, scratch that. Gay best friend would probably only be biding his time to seduce him.

In short, he married Helen of Troy, and sooner or later Paris is gonna show up. Maybe if there was one person on earth that wanted his marriage to succeed he would have something resembling a chance but nope. His marriage is just a bunch of bowling pins and the entire world is rolling down the alley at breakneck speed.

If the story manages to thread the needle and pull a vanilla romance out of this mess I'm not sure whether I would be incredulous, disappointed, or impressed. Anna running this gauntlet of dick without fucking one would probably be as impressive as Arnie winning The Running Man. I have a better chance to win Mega Millions than David has of getting through the month with his wife unfucked by the tidal wave of cock headed straight for her.
You forgot one, they also have a baby.

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
The baby wants to fuck her too?
You didn't understand, I meant Is the wife willing to sacrifice her marriage and baby for more dicks. Don't you realize that she will destroy her marriage and become a single mother? Because I don't think Chris is raising someone else's child.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
You didn't understand, I meant Is the wife willing to sacrifice her marriage and baby for more dicks. Don't you realize that she will destroy her marriage and become a single mother? Because I don't think Chris is raising someone else's child.
I see where you are coming from and for any rational person that would be in the calculus, but unfortunately, there are entire subreddits devoted to why you are wrong in that line of thinking.

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
I see where you are coming from and for any rational person that would be in the calculus, but unfortunately, there are entire subreddits devoted to why you are wrong in that line of thinking.

Why do you think I'm wrong?

The Revenant

Jun 3, 2017

I love your comparisons, great stuff! I also agree with you that it is almost impossible to guide a vanilla path from this forest of thorns and getting out unscathed. I think as the plans and the layout of the scenario is this is a perfect ntr scenario. If a mathematician can find out the probability of David not getting cucked I'm sure that will be extremely low. So, I believe the dev is going in the correct way and the others who are insisting on the vanilla route should rethink the situation this story is set in.

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
I think Anna is the perfect wife if you want her to be.
Yeah, people definitely have very different ideas of what a perfect wife should be. I've even seen some people express a wish that they could have a girlfriend or wife just like a deceiving, cheating character in an NTR game -- if that's really what you want out of a relationship, that sounds like a very achievable dream. If my memory serves me right, I think our very own NewTricks once had to lay the smack down when someone said they wanted Mia from Girlfriend Tapes as an actual girlfriend.

Are you hoping for a sharing path? I have to admit I'm usually not a huge fan of that in VNs. There's so much less emotion and drama compared to a cheating scenario. And it's also usually not well done in games in my experience -- instead of cheerful fuckfests where both hubby and wifey are getting lots of action but always return to one another or a situation where both partners are exploring their kinks together as well as apart, the husband and wife often seem to end up more like roommates than partners who are living a shared experience. Often the wife gradually bangs every single person in their social circle while the hubby gets lots of time on the couch watching TV while maybe occasionally getting to peek in on the action through a doorway.

Last edited:

EndlessNights

Jun 18, 2022
I meant Is the wife willing to sacrifice her marriage and baby for more dicks. Don't you realize that she will destroy her marriage and become a single mother? Because I don't think Chris is raising someone else's child.
I do think Anna genuinely loves Sophie, and I hope the game doesn't forget that detail. Still, it's definitely possible for her to love her daughter and still justify cheating. One scenario is that she thinks she deserves it all...the Don Draper way. She could think she should be able to have a loving husband to look after the homefront and care for their daughter while also enjoying sexy times with more exciting men outside the marriage. Another possibility is that she could think she and Sophie don't really need David. If need be, they'll be fine on their own so she doesn't need to go out of her way to continue a marriage that isn't fulfilling for her.

I think it's very likely that in any scenario Anna will periodically feel guilt and regret, but it might not be enough to shock her into going down a different path.

The Revenant

Jun 3, 2017
Yeah, people definitely have very different ideas of what a perfect wife should be. I've even seen some people express a wish that they could have a girlfriend or wife just like a deceiving, cheating character in an NTR game -- if that's really what you want out of a relationship, that sounds like a very achievable dream. If my memory serves me right, I think our very own NewTricks once had to lay the smack down when someone said they wanted Mia from Girlfriend Tapes as an actual girlfriend.

Are you hoping for a sharing path? I have to admit I'm usually not a huge fan of that in VNs. There's so much less emotion and drama compared to a cheating scenario. And it's also usually not well done in games in my experience -- instead of cheerful fuckfests where both hubby and wifey are getting lots of action but always return to one another or a situation where both partners are exploring their kinks together as well as apart, the husband and wife often seem to end up more like roommates than partners who are living a shared experience. Often the wife gradually bangs every single person in their social circle while the hubby gets lots of time on the couch watching TV while maybe occasionally getting to peek in on the action through a doorway.
I understand how people might take things to a bit extreme where the meaning of a girlfriend gets lost in between route progression. At some point they turn from gf to a prostitute which I do not mean the perfect wife. It definitely has to keep its meaning and be mistermed when it is something else.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

Somebody said they wanted MIA as their IRL girlfriend? The saints preserve us! I don't even remember that. It must have given me an aneurysm or caused a traumatic mental block or something. I'm all for people enjoying their fantasies or even living them out but that level of self-harm is something I cannot countenance. That chick has a vagina that is a bottomless pit and a satan's dick-shaped hole where her soul should be.

As it pertains to this story, I don't think that a perfect wife nor a perfect husband is possible and therefore a perfect marriage is basically only an expression of how much the partners can tolerate the mutual imperfections. NTR and sharing storylines can both have drama if they are written right, although both of them usually have drama that hinges on one or both of the partners losing control of the situation and losing sight of what is important to them. This usually causes consternation in the audience, though, so it has to be implemented gingerly.

Reactions: EndlessNights

Haha9999

Oct 2, 2019
Any gold member here? Can you share latest post with us?
Because I offered Dev crypto instead of patreon membership because I've to pay heavy tax and GST.

Reactions: Chaosguy
3.80 star(s) 106 Votes