3.80 star(s) 106 Votes

DarthSpitz717

Mar 28, 2023
so we continue with the teasing and flirting I am not complaining because the dialogues are usually very incandescent.
_____________________________++++++++++++++______________________________________________________

This game is refreshing in that it does one thing every good book or movie does. It makes the watcher or reader have an invested emotional interest in the characters. There are a lot of members cheering for Marvin and etc... others opposed, and Marvin isn't the MC... And there are those who don't give a flying squirrel fart about any of the characters and just want Anna to get railed. And sadly, we hear too often from the latter camp with gripes and complaints. The former camp seems to be more interested in the art and story dynamics.

From a real-world experience many of us know of real tramps, man whores, uptight control freaks, or simply emotional defective people; just as well most of us are acquainted with people whose circumstances cause grief but who are "normal" functional adults-- Been more than once I have seen real people go batshit crazy from relationship issues. Anna is trying to navigate a situation she never thought she would be in, and it's not helpful her human emptions and weakness is clawing at her vainer of control and self-image.

Mr_Palmer

May 28, 2022
Mr_Palmer

:unsure: Does a character's rejection status affect their behavior after being rejected or not? e.g. old fish Marvin is trying to get me, Anne, doesn't it matter?
Absolutely.

As for Marvin, his personality is more linear. He is what he is. He’s been a pest to women and the companies he’s worked for his entire life, the way he harasses attractive women. There’s been many complaints filed. He was busted at his last job for putting a camera in the woman’s bathroom, but because he turned in his boss who he was sharing the videos with, he got immunity. He’s always skated by… this has emboldened him to keep at his antics.

The point in saying this is because even being rejected, Marvin will continue to be a pest until he reaches a dead end. It’s not a dead end yet because he’s hoping Kendra can give him what he wants. Anna has been lenient with him because her personality is such that she hates creating conflict, especially with someone she sympathizes with. She rationalizes his behavior because that’s easy for her, whereas reporting him is more difficult and makes her feel guilty. She feels like she can control the situation at all times if she needs to.

That said, she *does* have a limit to tolerating him if you keep advising her to reject him.

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
You are a very, very bad man but this is the perverted action we want to see [well me anyway]. Looking forward to see what happens when she has dinner with him. He has lusted after her for so long it will be interesting to see how he plays it. The downside is that it is Thursday night so it may be a while before we see it.
yep.gif
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
annaHalloween1hdtf.png

Last edited:

robrize2169

Oct 8, 2022
i am hoping that the dinner with Chris goes something like this. and this is purely my own idea. Chris is busy fawning over Anna and leaves his phone unattended. David is beginning to wonder what Chris is saying to Anna during his texts and notices Chris didn't lock his phone. so he takes a look at it and sees the text history between Anna and Chris and beats Chris black and blue and gives Anna shit for telling this asshole about personal stuff..oh and sees the photos Chris sent to Anna and tells Anna at least we know who has set me up..and Anna realizes that David is onto something here. and then the fun really begins. and Chris ends up being fed to the sharks by both David and Anna. #DEATHTOCHRIS!

Jun 21, 2023
Absolutely.

As for Marvin, his personality is more linear. He is what he is. He’s been a pest to women and the companies he’s worked for his entire life, the way he harasses attractive women. There’s been many complaints filed. He was busted at his last job for putting a camera in the woman’s bathroom, but because he turned in his boss who he was sharing the videos with, he got immunity. He’s always skated by… this has emboldened him to keep at his antics.

The point in saying this is because even being rejected, Marvin will continue to be a pest until he reaches a dead end. It’s not a dead end yet because he’s hoping Kendra can give him what he wants. Anna has been lenient with him because her personality is such that she hates creating conflict, especially with someone she sympathizes with. She rationalizes his behavior because that’s easy for her, whereas reporting him is more difficult and makes her feel guilty. She feels like she can control the situation at all times if she needs to.

That said, she *does* have a limit to tolerating him if you keep advising her to reject him.
That is kind of interesting as characterization goes since as a lawyer, she literally gets paid to professionally argue with people. I've definitely known some people who had to take a job that goes against her own nature so hopefully that'll have its part to play in the ending.

I just wonder if she's going to reflect on the disconnect between her own personality and the job she chose to pursue. Regardless of what route she goes: betrayal or faith, I just want the things she says and does to match the decisions we try to have her make.

I do apologize if I came across as one of the people criticizing just to shit on something other people liked Palmer. That sincerely wasn't my intention: I just tend to over-analyze and get way too over-hyped about things I enjoy. (My family still pokes fun at me for some of the things I said when the Harry Potter novels ended the way it did. XD )

I wouldn't still be here at the forums and intending to update with your next installment if I genuinely didn't like it or didn't enjoy it even if my walls of text make it look like I was expecting a masterpiece on par with the Mona Lisa or something. I will be here and interested to see what you workshop with the next release and I do hope the creative process goes well for you and your team.

And I'm also genuinely sorry to hear about your dog. I hope you got to be with them at the end. I lived in a different state when my cat of 12 years died. She'd been with me since elementary school and I still sometimes kick myself for not trying to go back to say goodbye even though intellectually I know it wouldn't have made a difference.

Here's to the next update and all the posts between then and now. *thumbs up*

3.80 star(s) 106 Votes