VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Myrabelle OK so I completed my replay from the beginning and as someone who enjoys the age being mentioned I will say it was good for me. But I also think if you took a scene where is it mentioned more than once and replaced second or third the "XX year old ...(whatever)" with "sexy, young ...(whatever)" I would not lose enjoyment and maybe it would be less conspicuous to those who don't relish as I do.

Just my thoughts as one who enjoys that.

PEACE

• Red Heart
Reactions: Myrabelle

Myrabelle

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2021
Myrabelle OK so I completed my replay from the beginning and as someone who enjoys the age being mentioned I will say it was good for me. But I also think if you took a scene where is it mentioned more than once and replaced second or third the "XX year old ...(whatever)" with "sexy, young ...(whatever)" I would not lose enjoyment and maybe it would be less conspicuous to those who don't relish as I do.

Just my thoughts as one who enjoys that.

PEACE
Thank you for the advice, jaw1986baby! I've made the adjustments. There will be few instances of it but we'll see it here and there. I appreciate your help!

MrCdots

Jun 27, 2018
Excellent story this far. Top notch. But ...I feel its being a bit rushed in how much I see and get. I think if it was slowed down just a bit the story would grab even harder than she does.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Since Petal mentioned lesbian sex when the MC was looking at sexy Bliss(?) pics I think it may be a safe bet that Petal and Bliss will be engaged in sexual congress. From her having those pics of Bliss maybe they already are.
I'm fairly sure Bliss is currently having a girl-on-girl relationship. Probably in the hotel room.

weirdscix

Apr 10, 2021
That's a deliberate choice. Often renders that attempt to be too realistic can cause a problem called "the uncanny valley" which makes people uncomfortable. Making the character a little bit cartoony allows the mind to accept the fantasy better.
Yet her sister Bliss and Mother look totally normal, Petal's characteristics are just too far off the norm

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Since Petal mentioned lesbian sex when the MC was looking at sexy Bliss(?) pics I think it may be a safe bet that Petal and Bliss will be engaged in sexual congress. From her having those pics of Bliss maybe they already are.
I'm fairly sure Bliss is currently having a girl-on-girl relationship. Probably in the hotel room.
I am betting that is how Bliss and mom suddenly got along better

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
I'm with you on this one, what with the "change in circumstances at home" (iirc) that Rose mentions.

Honestly I'm kinda low-key suspicious that all this is Petal and Bliss's plan to get their parents back together while adding themselves (and Moon, probably) to the relationship.

Aug 22, 2021
I just watched one of the greatest scenes ever.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't mind the slow burn, it makes it better when the good scenes arrive.
But the incredible amount of cheesy dialogue was almost too much, especially when it continues during sexy time.
*Sorry if I offend anyone.*
Still, the hot scenes will draw me back again for the next update ( hopefully scenes with two daughters ).

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Myrabelle
Aug 22, 2021
My mistake, the sound occurs when she swallows. Still kind of a gross sound, but I've removed my mistaken information from my original post.
It didn't bother me at all.
Only now after reading your comment I stop to analyze the sound effect and I suppose you have a point.
On the other hand she is swallowing her fathers entire load without spilling a drop, and I imagine that can't be done without a sound of some sorts.
To me the sound effect works fine in that scene.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I'm with you on this one, what with the "change in circumstances at home" (iirc) that Rose mentions.

Honestly I'm kinda low-key suspicious that all this is Petal and Bliss's plan to get their parents back together while adding themselves (and Moon, probably) to the relationship.
Pretty much spot on how I was feeling and reacted when I read between the lines during Rose's and the MC phone call, to Petal somehow getting those sexy pics of Bliss to Bliss herself in her underwear in the middle of the day in a hotel room and mom is 'around' ;) :devilish: :love: .

While it is troubling the falling out Rose had with uncle Chuck and the trauma associated with what I'm guessing was their own incestual affair, I do find it curious she would be amenable to taking comfort in her daughter(s) or at least with Bliss while Petal similarity has attached herself to the MC.

While I definitely did not see this family unit reconciling, especially into any kind of incestual relations as a whole, I definitely can't wait to see how it plays out as hopefully if the plan is still us getting "A Moment of Bliss." One thing is for certain, just like the store clerk mentioned to the MC, after this, they are kidding themselves if they think things will just go back to normal once the week is over. Something tells me Petal's opinion on what society deems acceptable is something that has already developed over time considering/experimenting with incestual relations. Obviously discretion and only acting affectionately in private behind closed doors is a must, but my hope is Petal is able to slowly change the MC's mind about this 'fantasy relationship' only lasting for the week. Fingers cross Bliss and Rose encourage them to continue!

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
Pretty much spot on how I was feeling and reacted when I read between the lines during Rose's and the MC phone call, to Petal somehow getting those sexy pics of Bliss to Bliss herself in her underwear in the middle of the day in a hotel room and mom is 'around' ;) :devilish: :love: .

While it is troubling the falling out Rose had with uncle Chuck and the trauma associated with what I'm guessing was their own incestual affair, I do find it curious she would be amenable to taking comfort in her daughter(s) or at least with Bliss while Petal similarity has attached herself to the MC.

While I definitely did not see this family unit reconciling, especially into any kind of incestual relations as a whole, I definitely can't wait to see how it plays out as hopefully if the plan is still us getting "A Moment of Bliss." One thing is for certain, just like the store clerk mentioned to the MC, after this, they are kidding themselves if they think things will just go back to normal once the week is over. Something tells me Petal's opinion on what society deems acceptable is something that has already developed over time considering/experimenting with incestual relations. Obviously discretion and only acting affectionately in private behind closed doors is a must, but my hope is Petal is able to slowly change the MC's mind about this 'fantasy relationship' only lasting for the week. Fingers cross Bliss and Rose encourage them to continue!
If Bliss and Petal are working together, I would start to doubt Petal's feelings and sincerity towards the MC, at least in my opinion. Petal said that she only feels truly alive with the MC (I think), so I would start trusting her less if she was already together with Bliss or working with her (to me, it feels like she could by lying just to get her way if this was true. She might still feel that way towards MC, but I would begin to double her intentions). This is just how I would feel if it played out like you said, so I kinda hope it does not go that way since I would start disliking Petal and Bliss.

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
If Bliss and Petal are working together, I would start to doubt Petal's feelings and sincerity towards the MC, at least in my opinion. Petal said that she only feels truly alive with the MC (I think), so I would start trusting her less if she was already together with Bliss or working with her (to me, it feels like she could by lying just to get her way if this was true. She might still feel that way towards MC, but I would begin to double her intentions). This is just how I would feel if it played out like you said, so I kinda hope it does not go that way since I would start disliking Petal and Bliss.
I understand your concern or apprehension over her sincerity, but I feel 'if' Petal has 'experimented' a bit with Bliss, it does not make her intense romantic feelings for the MC any less. Especially since they only got romantic/sexual while on vacation, while its perfectly normal/healthy for a young woman not already in a relationship to be more than just a little curious about sex in general and possibly start up something super casual and mostly experimental with Bliss as she has admitted to not wanting to be with anyone else prior to their vacation getaway.

I also don't think she and Bliss are actively trying to 'Parent Trap' their parents back into reconciling by each seducing their respective parent into an incestual affair. If anything, I'd say its just coincidental things have ended up going in this direction. If everyone is ok and consenting with the arrangement, lets see where it goes.

Reactions: Yngling

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I understand your concern or apprehension over her sincerity, but I feel 'if' Petal has 'experimented' a bit with Bliss, it does not make her intense romantic feelings for the MC any less. Especially since they only got romantic/sexual while on vacation, while its perfectly normal/healthy for a young woman not already in a relationship to be more than just a little curious about sex in general and possibly start up something super casual and mostly experimental with Bliss as she has admitted to not wanting to be with anyone else prior to their vacation getaway.
This seems logical to me. My preference is that they've talked to each other about their attraction to MC and as Petal explored more with MC, she shared her experience with Bliss who is more interested and now they're working together to have their equal share of daddy.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
This seems logical to me. My preference is that they've talked to each other about their attraction to MC and as Petal explored more with MC, she shared her experience with Bliss who is more interested and now they're working together to have their equal share of daddy.
...and maybe a path back to Rose if they are open to sharing? If not, that's ok too, it's just that Rose has indicated she may not be 100% over the MC and the MC still loves and misses her while now admitting to a growing attraction to Bliss on top of his feelings for Petal.

Who knows, maybe Bliss has her own secret fantasies about the MC and is both delighted and more than a little jealous Petal is getting to act them out without her?

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
...and maybe a path back to Rose if they are open to sharing? If not, that's ok too, it's just that Rose has indicated she may not be 100% over the MC and the MC still loves and misses her while now admitting to a growing attraction to Bliss on top of his feelings for Petal.

Who knows, maybe Bliss has her own secret fantasies about the MC and is both delighted and more than a little jealous Petal is getting to act them out without her?
mebbe...but I'd be fine without Rose, personally.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
I'd be perfectly fine with just Petal, but I think the devs will manage to properly write the inclusion of Bliss, and possibly Rose and Moon as well.

Generally speaking, I am not in favour of adding as many girls as possible (as some games do), since the story tends to lose focus as well as becoming less and less realistic. Realistically written father-daughter incest is already pretty out there and difficult enough to write convincingly. The more love interests are added, the less plausible things become. Especially since the MC is a fairly regular guy, and not superman by any means.

Still, I have full confidence in the devs that they will manage everything they are planning, whatever that may be. So far, I can just say that the (limited) interactions with Rose and Bliss have been well done. Bliss seems a likely candidate for a threesome with Petal, although we still need to see what kind of relationship she will have with the MC.

It may also be that, when the time comes, Petal becomes jealous and finally refuses to share the MC as she (may have) planned from the beginning.

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes