VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes
Nov 2, 2021
It looks like a very delicious game. I used the method in this link: https://f95zone.to/threads/translate-renpy-without-using-python-or-renpy-sdk-easily.116922/ to translate the game and play it myself. However, the following error will appear when entering the game. This is a type of error that I have never encountered when translating other games. I hope it can Got some answers, thank you all
Encoding error. I'm not sure how to fix it, but I would check the support of the font used by the game in your language.

GioBol

Engaged Member
May 19, 2021
An exception has occurred.

At least you can ignore them and continue, but there are dozens and dozens of errors.
Every time you press "ignore" you lose a dialogue. The more dialogue is lost, the more incomprehensible the story becomes.
These errors always need to be fixed.

Div666

May 19, 2018
Encoding error. I'm not sure how to fix it, but I would check the support of the font used by the game in your language.
As I am just an amateur player, the methods in that post are concise enough for me to operate.

However, this type of error code is indeed beyond my limited knowledge. Thank you for helping me out, and I am looking forward to your reply in the end

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
what's wrong with MC dick?? sometimes it seems to be a good size, sometimes it is smaller..why is that?? some games exagerate with dick dimension and sometimes u wish MC (as in this case) to have a bigger dick...but see it chasnge sizelike this is weid...am i seeing things?

wstlndwarrior

Mar 1, 2020
I feel like I'm experiencing a modern take Genesis Chapter 19...and I love it! Lockheart came out of nowhere during COVID. Hes been an entertaining dependable creator. Can't wait for more from him.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Lot, with his daughters seducing him.
Hmmm, actually Lot's daughters first got him drunk and then raped him while he was sleeping. He never noticed a thing.

And all of that happened in quite a dystopian setting, where the daughters felt like they had no other choice.

If you are looking for analogies of the story of Lot and his daughters in adult games, I would suggest the following games, rather than this one:

https://f95zone.to/threads/hot-sand-of-antarctica-v0-08-grinvald.95356/
https://f95zone.to/threads/desert-stalker-v0-15c-public-zetan.68105/
https://f95zone.to/threads/light-of-my-life-ch-1-7-v1-0-0-naughty-road.29628/

But even none of those really fit. Mainly for the reason that in all these games the father is at least a willing participant.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: wstlndwarrior

wstlndwarrior

Mar 1, 2020
Hmmm, actually Lot's daughters first got him drunk and then raped him while he was sleeping. He never noticed a thing.

And all of that happened in quite a dystopian setting, where the daughters felt like they had no other choice.

If you are looking for analogies of the story of Lot and his daughters in adult games, I would suggest the following games, rather than this one:

https://f95zone.to/threads/hot-sand-of-antarctica-v0-08-grinvald.95356/
https://f95zone.to/threads/desert-stalker-v0-15c-public-zetan.68105/
https://f95zone.to/threads/light-of-my-life-ch-1-7-v1-0-0-naughty-road.29628/

But even none of those really fit. Mainly for the reason that in all these games the father is at least a willing participant.
Thanks for the insight. Of things I didn't expect to happen on a Sunday (or any day for that matter) was discussing the bible on F95.

Reactions: Yngling

STuRoK9

Jan 2, 2024
This was well done. Ty for the novel

Only small gripes I had were: the 'wet' look was more like a gross alien skin to me. Too wet, too weird. And the girl's 'petal' was too protruding and open, and looked abused for a virgin girl so young.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
For anyone curios and want to support the dev, they put some of their games back on Itch.io for sale :)

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022

Together we have all cultivated a community that thrived and flourished for over a decade. Our forest has been burning for a while now, and that fire is finally reaching my little corner of this wonderful grove.
I am so sorry to inform everyone that I will no longer be able to work on, feature, or otherwise associate with The Rose Garden trilogy here on Patreon. That includes A Petal Among Thorns, A Moment of Bliss, and Over the Moon.
I will officially only be working on The Judas Ghost for the foreseeable future. If you're supporting me here on Patreon, your money is going towards me making content for The Judas Ghost.
I know a lot of you are going to be angry. My survival is on the line at this point, and my head is on the chopping block. This is my attempt to save myself from destruction. I want to bring you all great stories, wonderful content, and many more years of warm, wholesome characters. I can only do that if I can survive this purge.
Thank you all for the years of support you've given me. With any luck, we'll have many more years together.
Stay hydrated.

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020

Together we have all cultivated a community that thrived and flourished for over a decade. Our forest has been burning for a while now, and that fire is finally reaching my little corner of this wonderful grove.
I am so sorry to inform everyone that I will no longer be able to work on, feature, or otherwise associate with The Rose Garden trilogy here on Patreon. That includes A Petal Among Thorns, A Moment of Bliss, and Over the Moon.
I will officially only be working on The Judas Ghost for the foreseeable future. If you're supporting me here on Patreon, your money is going towards me making content for The Judas Ghost.
I know a lot of you are going to be angry. My survival is on the line at this point, and my head is on the chopping block. This is my attempt to save myself from destruction. I want to bring you all great stories, wonderful content, and many more years of warm, wholesome characters. I can only do that if I can survive this purge.
Thank you all for the years of support you've given me. With any luck, we'll have many more years together.
Stay hydrated.
It's sad but why any adult VN dev even still bothers with Patreon since they forced Mr. Dots to stop DMD is really beyond me.

DD-MegaDoDo

Jun 13, 2023
god just reached chapter two and idk if i can get thru this. the conversation between these two is like eavesdropping on two horny high schoolers. not sure if it's supposed to come off as endearing but it's just creepy

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Because people will compromise when it's about putting food on the table. Patreon is the biggest and easiest platform.
Perhaps, but you have to realise that incest is not allowed over there.

As you put it, having incest in the game is probably more likely to put food on the table.

You can't really have the cake and eat it too.

What happens is that devs decide to take the risk and put the game on Patreon while having incest. That's fine by me but you can't really complain if you get caught.

Reactions: LSC82

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
What happens is that devs decide to take the risk and put the game on Patreon while having incest. That's fine by me but you can't really complain if you get caught.
That's fair, and in that case, the dev managed to maximize their income for the duration. Not going on Patreon and straight for Subscribestar would've been a net loss.

Reactions: Yngling
4.50 star(s) 114 Votes