VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes

Tease Me

May 6, 2017
To me Petal is one of the most adorable AVN characters out there. Not that I don't like Bliss, she's hot but Petal has the cuteness factor down cold. I really look forward to Moon.
Petal was a nice simple story that progressed linearly. It was a great story to relax and enjoy. My problem with Bliss was it went from POV to having an MC drawn, almost like a third-person game. Also, it was all over the place with too many side stories. The wife/mother story was buried in a weird relationship with the illustrator the robot and the couturier. Like many games where entire updates are about side stories, it became tiring to the point I lost interest.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yea, something was majorly fucked up with the strings in the remaster... If it were at least consistent, we could for example use "Mom " with a space at the end to fix it, but since it is not consistent that will result in a lot of double spaces as well, not to mention a lot of "your Mom 's".

Kinda weird that bug was added in the remaster, can't think of a reason why he would have touched the strings at all for what was changed.

Really needs a fix.
I'm halfway through reviewing Chapter 4. After carefully reading through APAT, I did notice a lot of issues with the script. I can see now that Chester's reservations does drag on for too long, and it does get a little annoying. I'm not going to do any major re-writes though, so that's just going to be how it is.

However, I have been removing a ton of 'And's. I start sentences with 'And' all the time. I did not realize I was doing that. I'm cleaning that up, and adding little things here and there. I had to revise one of Chuck's speeches. Other than that, it all looks really good.

Blubberino

Mar 25, 2017
SonsOLiberty

Not sure why you replied with that quote, nothing in it has anything to do with why the custom input strings would be bugged in the remaster. He only talks about changing the script, as in the literal text, and remove some "and's" from it.

I mean, its not a gamebreaker. Just thought I would point it out so it might eventually get fixed.

Also, just as an fyi, replying with only a quote with nothing else written in the reply bugs out the reply function of this forum, had to tag you like this :D

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
SonsOLiberty

Not sure why you replied with that quote, nothing in it has anything to do with why the custom input strings would be bugged in the remaster. He only talks about changing the script, as in the literal text, and remove some "and's" from it.

I mean, its not a gamebreaker. Just thought I would point it out so it might eventually get fixed.

Also, just as an fyi, replying with only a quote with nothing else written in the reply bugs out the reply function of this forum, had to tag you like this :D
What do you mean bugs out the forum?

Looks and acts just fine.

He did more than what was listed. Probably won't be anything done until the start of Rose Garden, which will come after Over the Moon.

Cyrianu

Jul 4, 2021
First there is a problem with text, the name you enter to rose and petal relationship, a space miss. It get tie with the next word. example if you call it Mom, in the sentence it become "i see Momand you had...".

Some of the choice had also disapear... it s sad there is not enought to begin and now there are less in the game.

And to end, i don t think it s a good idea to merge the 2 game, a visual novel and a kinetic novel together... I really don t like kinetic novel and i think it s for this reason A moment of bliss have a lot less like than petal among thorns. A lot of people dont like them because Kinetic novel are not game, they are ebook with picture, but are not game you can interact (play) with it. i don t know for Over the moon, but i think after a moment of bliss the game number 3 will be a kinetic too. Then for me there is nothing after a petal among thorns... i ve stop to read a moment of bliss nearly when the dev put the kinetic tag on it. Merge it with kinetic will only downgrade this game.
The first issue is easily fixed using a text editor with Regular Expression matching support, use rpaExtract to extract the Scripts.rpa file, then edit the .rpy files in Chapters 1-3:

Replace:
(\[persistent\.rose_rel\])([A-Za-z])
With:
\1 \2

and Replace:
(\[persistent\.chester_rel\])([A-Za-z])
With:
\1 \2

Blubberino

Mar 25, 2017
What do you mean bugs out the forum?

Looks and acts just fine.
As I said, I had to tag you by name, because hitting "Reply" on your message with just the two quotes and nothing else written does not work. Looks ok in the reply field, but when posting the actual message all quotes are removed and only my message shows up with no context. Can try it yourself by replying to your message.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

- A lot of missing spaces were added.

- Quite a few misspelled words were corrected.

- An inconsistent error were clicking 'Next' in the gallery would crash the game was fixed.

- One image showed three Macarons on Petal's plate when there should have been two. Fixed!

If you've already played through Remaster, there's no new content.

This is just error corrections.

Last edited:
Reactions: save8lot

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
APetalAmongThorns-6.0.2RE
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.50 star(s) 115 Votes