• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Completed A Petal Among Thorns [v6.0.2-RE] [Lockheart]

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I do not think this remaster was necessary. She looks more creepy now (in my opinion)
It was the reason the games got banned by Itch.io and Steam.

Lockheart - are you working on any other games in this series, story wise I mean? :)

Yes, Over the Moon, then all the games will be combined into one big release in the future.

This is for a beginning to end Rose Garden game that will be complete with the final episode of Over the Moon. I'm going to put A Petal Among Thorns, A Moment of Bliss, and Over the Moon together into one game called The Rose Garden, and I'm going to release it as one big game. This will definitely take some time to create, but I won't work on it until after Over the Moon is done.

Last edited:
Reactions: emmasteadman

Paul Newmon

Apr 27, 2021
I guess I will play APOT over, now that it is 100% updated, just to see if I can tell the difference between old Petal and new Petal (I really liked the old Petal). It was fantastic the first time through. Lockheart, your writing is moving, and can bring one to tears, it is so human.

Anders Niet

Dec 23, 2017
Nice game start, looks promising!

While checking the game I "had to" cheat the game a little - I unlocked the Gallery...
Also since v2.02: a Jukebox player function to play the game music tracks by your own.
(I added a button in the main menu. While playing the game you can press "Shift"+"k")

View attachment 1783958

April 29, 2022
- Updated my Mod for the new game version v5.1.0 (final game version)
- Added the age input back again to the new game version

Download Gallery cheat Mod v5.1.0 (~3MB)
Workupload -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Android basic port from the game compressed
with integrated Mod v5.1.0 (~654MB)
Workupload -

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 1783959 View attachment 1783960 View attachment 1783961 View attachment 1783962
Can you pls update your mod for the updated/remastered version ?
1699657891464.png

When you click on Mod: Off the following error appears

1699657979488.png

Thank you in advance for your awesome work as always !

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
Can you pls update your mod for the updated/remastered version ?
View attachment 3076680

When you click on Mod: Off the following error appears

View attachment 3076685

Thank you in advance for your awesome work as always !
KoGa3 to add onto this person's request, please DON'T delete the 5.1.0 version of the mod from your post, since F95 is keeping that version of the game around, so people downloading(/redownloading) in the future can use the mod whichever visuals they prefer.

Reactions: Anders Niet

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I have no problem with Devs and others remaking and updating images and animations however, why do they not update the preview images and animations on the OP. View attachment 3076745
OLD

View attachment 3076746
New.
Probably forgot...you can go the very first post, then report and use other, and in the box, ask if maybe they can update the preview images to the remastered version.

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

Darklord_1965

May 12, 2020
Nice game start, looks promising!

While checking the game I "had to" cheat the game a little - I unlocked the Gallery...
Also since v2.02: a Jukebox player function to play the game music tracks by your own.
(I added a button in the main menu. While playing the game you can press "Shift"+"k")

View attachment 1783958

Nov. 11, 2023
Updated my Mod for the new, remastered game version v6.0.1
Info: with the remaster the age input can not change the game itself anymore

Download Gallery cheat Mod v6.0.1RE (~1MB)
Workupload -

====================================
Mod downloads for the game before the remaster version:
====================================

Some ingame pics of the Mod:
View attachment 1783959 View attachment 1783960 View attachment 1783961 View attachment 1783962
Hey Koga

When downloading the latest MOD from Workupload and following the instructions to place the "script" folder in the \game folder, I get
:

To install the Mod "APetalAmongThorns" you have to:
===================================================

1. of course the original game must be installed

2. extract the archive in a temporary folder

3. move the extracted folder "scripts" into your game folder
(...\APetalAmongThorns-6.0.1-pc\game), overwriting existing file if asked

Any idea what am I doing wrong? Thanks

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Nothing against the developer, but in my opinion this remaster is a waste of time. I like the old version of the game.
It was a rogue morph, that morph got his game banned (couldn't be sold on Itch or Steam), and he's making them into one big game probably to try to get on Steam.

You'll all still have access to the original if you prefer. The reason I'm doing this is because the rogue morph makes Petal look too young, and has gotten me into a lot of hot water. This will also make the entire combined collection more fluid.
I'm calling Project Petal. I deleted the rogue morph that was deforming my characters. With my second computer, I've queued up all the renders for A Petal Among Thorns, and they're re-rendering without being able to load in that rogue morph.
This is for a beginning to end Rose Garden game that will be complete with the final episode of Over the Moon. I'm going to put A Petal Among Thorns, A Moment of Bliss, and Over the Moon together into one game called The Rose Garden, and I'm going to release it as one big game. This will definitely take some time to create, but I won't work on it until after Over the Moon is done.

4.50 star(s) 114 Votes