3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

ItsNotUs

May 14, 2023
It left you with such strong impression but you can't remember where it was?
Was it patreon post or discord discussion ? What was the subject ? About what time frame it was, like what ending was being worked on ?

I don't remember anything like that. Was it in the commentaries? The last ending you played is Fallen Hero from my understanding, was it in that version ?
He wrote this on the forum and it was probably a long time ago when the game had a maximum of three endings, it started with what he says: "for all those who are waiting and want to see a good ending, i’m ready to make you happy, i decided... blah blah blah... that this will never cause.., etc." Dude, that was probably over a year ago.
At the same time, he himself confirmed that one of the endings will be good!

And this is what happened in one of the endings:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And you think that this is not trolling, but a simple joke?

Kaoshin

Feb 18, 2023
Since hangover cat started doing side story , maybe he can do sidestory for Laura's mom also

Astralfury

Nov 9, 2023
The Aya endings on the Laura route were great, seeing how he manages to corrupt her in her own path will be fun (dev stated they "lost" against the personality they created for Aya in the Laura route, what happened to her simply wasnt enough to bring down the character they made).

Reactions: 1Kail1
Mar 12, 2018
I mean, from my understanding, he would've been content to end things with the 1.0.0 version of APBLU and move on to a completely new project... but the fans, and most importantly, the supporters on Patreon, overwhelmingly wanted the Aya route.

Again though, as far as I know, there hasn't been a decision on whether this will be integrated with the main game or not. It's currently in development. The story has literally not been written for the most part and most of the art doesn't exist.

It's unclear what will happen when HC actually finishes this. Dunno if anyone seriously asked... or even cares, among their supporters.
As far as I remember, Aya's route was promised by the developer from the beginning, of course fans will want it to be included.

starkj

May 17, 2022
I have been reading a lot of manhwa too. Illicit love was a decent one. Dual residence has a good revenge arc at the end. I'm currently reading Give me back my wife and also Young ceo. Young ceo is close to be done. Its going really badly for the husband. The cow wife and ceo douche are probably going to have a big mega happy ending while the poor husband get his life destroyed out of their betrayal :mad:

Thats why I love NTR. The stories are so shocking and engaging that you can't stop reading
The one i talked about is "Silent War" give it a go.

abirvg

Sep 13, 2021
He's only good at art, his writing is horrible and it seems like a parody.
Ah yes, that is exactly why there's so little comments under his games. No essays on difference in morals and the human nature speaks volumes too.
Writing is bad so people just don't feel anything.
And do not care.
Mhm.

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
He wrote this on the forum and it was probably a long time ago when the game had a maximum of three endings, it started with what he says: "for all those who are waiting and want to see a good ending, i’m ready to make you happy, i decided... blah blah blah... that this will never cause.., etc." Dude, that was probably over a year ago.

why are still spreading misinformation?
a good ending was promised from the start and there is a good ending- literally called the good ending.
how is showing text from of one the bad endings relevant?

Reactions: 1Kail1

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
My personal griefances towards this game, it's character development is janky and boring.
Everyone is destined to suffer, it seems. Everyone is a fuckhead, fucked in the head. MC is bound to suffer just because he's a MC. His girl is bound to suffer just because she's his girl, but is ready to cheat on him whenever. The other girl, who's a literal psycho and a rapee.
Heck, even the "villain" has some parental issues at least, and I can't even tell why he's so adamant on destroying MC's life. Idk if that was explained in the game at all, or I just skipped the dialogs because it was getting exponentially boring.
It's just something about this game that doesn't make characters believable. Corruption is happening behind the scenes, in one scene the girl is adamant of being with Harry, the next cadre (omitting the whole Harry's perspective) she's jumping on Luca's cock, submitting to him, or to his cock and sexual skills to be exact. But then suddenly the girl is all cold and/or spiteful towards Harry. Like really, is this a character development? No crying, no regrets, instant switch? Then why make like 80% of previous scenes like there's some psychological struggel behind it? I know the h game logic doesn't have to follow RL logic rules, but the inner logic of the world should be consistent, and this game's doesnt make it for me, with culmination/corruption being way to abrupt for the whole previous set up. And even after the falling, girls seem to suffer. Can't even enjoy being corrupted.
This whole rules system seemed to be interesting, but was kinda boring in the end, too.

tldr this game is about everyone suffering and girls getting cruel. Happiness doesn't exist for anyone, period.
It's like you didn't read anything. You got one thing right though, everyone in APBLU is fucked in the head and have deep rooted traumas that makes them act the way they do. And with that basis, they are all acting according to their personality and motivations.

Like it or hate it, the characters are MUCH more complex than what we see in the average NTR story (and adult VNs in general). Like 90% of NTR plots don't have any distinctive character exploration other than the very basic template of stock characters exhibiting one dimension characteristics according to the NTR playbook. That's still hot if you are into NTR, but HC's character work goes above and beyond to really delve into the psychology.

Frankly, I don't even know why you would complain about not enugh happiness in an NTR game lol. Positive resolutions in hard NTR stories like this are a bonus, not the expectation nor the focus. Besides, there are a lot of good endings (1 of Laura's routes and all the Aya routes in the original game apparently).

Dave 237

May 29, 2018
i always wondered this but why isn't there an NTR or NTS themed around no nut november?

Afdch

Feb 1, 2022
NTR/harem games usually have stupid and retarded characters, they usually do the stupidest things just to create spicy content, these types of games are more about enjoying and not paying much attention to character development because usually there is no :'v
Like it or hate it, the characters are MUCH more complex than what we see in the average NTR story (and adult VNs in general). Like 90% of NTR plots don't have any distinctive character exploration other than the very basic template of stock characters exhibiting one dimension characteristics according to the NTR playbook. That's still hot if you are into NTR, but HC's character work goes above and beyond to really delve into the psychology.
Yes, I should've specified my grievance is especially strong because this game has some claims on being something more than your average plotless NTR game, but it fails to expand onto it, at least for me.
At some point the character development curve ceases to be a curve and discontinuitly jumps to a whole another personality. Like wtf. Lireally one scene she says "you have to believe me", the next one she's jumping on another man's cock and submits into being his cumdump. Is that what you call a smooth character development, delving into psychology? I mean, I too fancy a "show, not tell" approach, but this game neither tells nor shows in some instances. Yes, I can see that happening, but too much goes behind the scenes for me to enjoy any of this. Like I have to connect the dots on page 34 and 69, skippin all inbetween.

Frankly, I don't even know why you would complain about not enugh happiness in an NTR game lol. Positive resolutions in hard NTR stories like this are a bonus, not the expectation nor the focus. Besides, there are a lot of good endings (1 of Laura's routes and all the Aya routes in the original game apparently).
I wouldn't call any of the routes good, all endings are in a kinda bad spectrum, less shitty of an ending for MC doesn't make it "good". But wasn't complaining about this particular thing at all.

After trying to write a reply to this, had to analyze it in my head and come to a conclusion that's probably some another NTR trope that I just don't get at all, but it is probably a thing for others, so I should probably let it be.
Just to clarify, what I meant was like after getting corrupted and stolen, women wouldn't find their happiness with a new lover, rather, they turn into an absolute spiteful person instead. And no inner thoughs of a character about how did this happen. But yeah, I guess it is a trope and it is what it is.

Reactions: y2wenty

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Forum as in here in the original game thread? It is not hard to search for HC posts and i didn't find anything like that. Doesn't mean there wasn't one once that got deleted, there been a plentiful arguments and cleanups there.
And he delivered on that one good ending and more ...
For real? It's neither, this is Harry breaking down, having murderous/suicidal thoughts "I will kill her and than myself and we can be happy forever after!". Only if you are oversensitive about good ending you would see that as trolling.

I do have my quarrels about usage of word "ending" it is kinda 5th wall braking but it is something HC did in other ending too so don't read into it.

Last edited:

Son1cc

Dec 28, 2019
After trying to write a reply to this, had to analyze it in my head and come to a conclusion that's probably some another NTR trope that I just don't get at all, but it is probably a thing for others, so I should probably let it be.
Yes, this is NTR genre. There will be no good ending for MC here. He's a loser, a failure and you mustn't empathize with him. It seems to me that you just don't like the NTR genre and trying to make up any excuse trying to criticize it. I see such comments under everything under the NTR tag.
Although this VN is one of the few NTR's where the characters are very well written and tries to give explanations to rheir actions.
I like silly short stories more though. This one is just too long for me.

If you don't even like this VN.. I'm just curious, list me the NTR / netorare games you liked.

Lireally one scene she says "you have to believe me", the next one she's jumping on another man's cock and submits into being his cumdump.
It's called corruption, her internal struggle. In her heart she still holds to her love, but her body betrays her when she is mindlessly fucked to the slut. And so gradually until her heart completely surrenders and accepts reality (usually near the end). I don't know.. it's something basic in hentai with a NTR genre and its corruption.

• Haha
Reactions: Frumi

Racoon_4

Jun 1, 2021
Another situation is, The happy ending does not necessarily need to be about the character being able to defeat the villain, but rather winning in his own life.
As? The colleague there talked about escaping from these 3 psychopaths, for me that would be a victory.
Leaving the country and getting a nice job, getting rich, finding a different nice wife, there are several possibilities.
Yeah i agree with you

Afdch

Feb 1, 2022
There will be no good ending for MC here. He's a loser, a failure and you mustn't empathize with him.
I don't and again, my point wasn't about MC, but LIs.

It's called corruption, her internal struggle.
And this is exactly my point. I may be not into NTR, I never claimed to be, but I'm quite a corruption connaisseur. But in this particular case the "reality" you're speaking about is like, getting 100% cruel a parady of a character?

Lemme expand on what I meant.
I can get behind NTR for slow corruption, when the girl has a fight of psychological vs physiological, for example. Or psy vs psy, where old love has some dissatisfaction (other than sex life) where a new guy can provide it. The girl goes back and forth and finally accepts.
I can get behind quick and silly NTR if the process is hot. Girls gets stolen, tells off ther former love and moves on.
But this thing starts slow, then suddenly flips, and then continues to be slow and cruel for the sake of being cruel. I think that's the whole different subgenre. I guess psychological abuse can arouse somebody, but it is not for me. I just don't believe the characters here, let's leave it at that.

I will still check the game out, but not having much hopes about it. Dixi.

Son1cc

Dec 28, 2019
I can get behind quick and silly NTR if the process is hot. Girls gets stolen, tells off ther former love and moves on.
But this thing starts slow, then suddenly flips, and then continues to be slow and cruel for the sake of being cruel. I think that's the whole different subgenre. I guess psychological abuse can arouse somebody, but it is not for me. I just don't believe the characters here, let's leave it at that.

I will still check the game out, but not having much hopes about it. Dixi.
One man ruins another relationships and even someone's life. It's cruel in its genre. It's just described in much more detail here.
The man is a sociopath sicko from a gangster family who has twisted reality in his mind like any maniac. It would be strange to expect anything different from him.
It proves that the dev has done a good job here with the text If you feel disturbed by it. Because with mediocre writing, you wouldn't feel anything.

So, do you have any examples of netorare games that you liked?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Kail1 and Yotsuyu
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes