VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
It's weird that there is abrupt path to begin with. The name suggests its something that ends quickly so is that really a path?
My guess was that it will be a collection of endings that are either bad ends or beyond scope of the game. Example is Harry doesn't give Luca the USB or Laura tells Harry about situation right away and they go to police etc.
As it is, the route is probably going to be about Harry being suspicious of Laura and not trusting her thus doing something to learn the truth and then dropping her.
My only question about the abrupt path is why it wasn't finished first? I mean, it sounds like that would have been the easiest way to go.

Meniaro

Jul 23, 2018
From the voting post:

----------------

The Abrupt path: this path is the shortest (1 update worth), and doesn’t have an alternative.

The Good path: this one will also only be around 1 update worth of content, but has a bit more meat to it. It also has an alternative ending (though that alternative is only a few thousand words long)

The Hero Path: This path is by far the longest (except for Aya, which isn’t a choice). It’s around 4 (maybe 5) updates worth of content. There’s also one long alternative ending.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
This sounds like a great approach. I just hope the realease date of the shorter endings will not take as long as the longer ones...:)

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
I don't know why other people voted how they did ofc, but my idea was to get the short endings out of the way first ^^
Yes i agree with that...i am also not sure how much more content the next " lets have a family" update will have. If its just a 5 minutes long more content...its hard to wait....:)...
I wish that Dev would pack all the shorter abrupt endings in one update.

Reactions: Ayubxx

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
My wild guess is that people voted abrupt because its probably opposite to the path we are having now - non-oblivious Harry catching Laura.
Hero path being 4-5update long, does that include the alternative long ending? This may be the ending where Luca gets both Laura and Aya. hmm how many updates is normal ending so far? If i remember right normal was to be the "main" ending and longest?
Good ending probably left for last, its good to end things with something positive.

Meniaro

Jul 23, 2018
My wild guess is that people voted abrupt because its probably opposite to the path we are having now - non-oblivious Harry catching Laura.
Hero path being 4-5update long, does that include the alternative long ending? This may be the ending where Luca gets both Laura and Aya. hmm how many updates is normal ending so far? If i remember right normal was to be the "main" ending and longest?
Good ending probably left for last, its good to end things with something positive.
Not sure about Alt end actually ^^ But despite the title he made, sounds like it is not a good ending.
The current Normal alt end, he said would be the next 2 updates. I assume that is after the 'Let's make a family together' choice, so my guess is Oblivious Harry. But i can only guess ofc x)

PS. Also Hero end should be 4-5 Updates long so maybe that will be the longest? Depends on where the path branches out, which I don't know x)

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
from what i understand the hero route is the route where luca gets both aya and laura and aya route is where laura gives up on harry and gtfo like aya did in the normal route
the good ending(good for harry) might be one where harry ends up with laura or aya maybe alternates? and luca ends up in prison or something so seemingly "and they lived happily ever after", but all routes already have unavoidable ntr with laura and maybe with aya
i hope after the good ending there will be option for continuation game like true ending in taimanin games

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
Not sure about Alt end actually ^^ But despite the title he made, sounds like it is not a good ending.
The current Normal alt end, he said would be the next 2 updates. I assume that is after the 'Let's make a family together' choice, so my guess is Oblivious Harry. But i can only guess ofc x)

PS. Also Hero end should be 4-5 Updates long so maybe that will be the longest? Depends on where the path branches out, which I don't know x)
Oh i'm pretty confident that hero path will not be a good ending. HC doesn't strike me as someone that is into good endings in NTR. If we recall he made a vote if patrons want a good ending in the game at all! Obviously at this point we don't know what is good path/ending for him to begin with.

Regarding branching - in one of the updates HC said that the patch is last for shared part and the paths are to follow. Sadly i don't remember which patch it was, 4.0 i think? So that would make normal path 4 patches long.

Rylangamer123

May 31, 2021
Oh i'm pretty confident that hero path will not be a good ending. HC doesn't strike me as someone that is into good endings in NTR. If we recall he made a vote if patrons want a good ending in the game at all! Obviously at this point we don't know what is good path/ending for him to begin with.

Regarding branching - in one of the updates HC said that the patch is last for shared part and the paths are to follow. Sadly i don't remember which patch it was, 4.0 i think? So that would make normal path 4 patches long.
See we may assume or think one thing right now but hc must be having other plans or thoughts on how he wants the story to progress and if I am not mistaken in his other project or game the edge of a good ending was given but many did not like due to mc being an arse and felt he deserved it

Doomly

Jul 22, 2018
HC usually finishes an update once per month.
The update he is currently working on is the laura alt 2 path that will split from best life together/start a family choice if you choose the latter
It will take 2 updates to finish this path. The one arriving for patreons around the 20th and the one the month after that.

Next will be the abrupt path (as voted on by the patreons) and it will only take one update. It will follow the don't trust laura most of the time/avoid aya till the understand/don't understand laura choice choosing the latter

After that there are the good path and hero paths.

HC has stated that the good path is the only path that can be considered "good" and will take one update with a short alternate path to this route. It has also been stated (after the patreon vote lol) that lauras mother will appear in this route. It will follow the don't trust laura most of the time/avoid aya till the understand/don't understand laura choice picking the former

HC stated the hero path should be seen as an NTR path. It will take 4-5 updates and will also have an alternate path. harrys ex maya will appear in this path. Not sure of the conditions off the top of my head but will likely branch out again from the understand/don't understand laura choice.

Ayas path is anybodys guess at this moment. HC has stated that there will be 2 alts and it will likely be many updates to finish like the hero path. Not sure if he has even finished writing her routes yet or where they will branch off from

Rylangamer123

May 31, 2021
HC usually finishes an update once per month.
The update he is currently working on is the laura alt 2 path that will split from best life together/start a family choice if you choose the latter
It will take 2 updates to finish this path. The one arriving for patreons around the 20th and the one the month after that.

Next will be the abrupt path (as voted on by the patreons) and it will only take one update. It will follow the don't trust laura most of the time/avoid aya till the understand/don't understand laura choice choosing the latter

After that there are the good path and hero paths.

HC has stated that the good path is the only path that can be considered "good" and will take one update with a short alternate path to this route. It has also been stated (after the patreon vote lol) that lauras mother will appear in this route. It will follow the don't trust laura most of the time/avoid aya till the understand/don't understand laura choice picking the former

HC stated the hero path should be seen as an NTR path. It will take 4-5 updates and will also have an alternate path. harrys ex maya will appear in this path. Not sure of the conditions off the top of my head but will likely branch out again from the understand/don't understand laura choice.

Ayas path is anybodys guess at this moment. HC has stated that there will be 2 alts and it will likely be many updates to finish like the hero path. Not sure if he has even finished writing her routes yet or where they will branch off from
Just curious on your thoughts but do you think harry manages to saves the girls from Luca in hero path or its going to be drama before saving them of sorts

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Harry is going to lose on the hero path. His only win will be on the good path
I seriously doubt it, i think the best any vanilla fan could hope is a sort of pyrrhic victory for him, like he loses it all or gets seriously hurt again but somehow retains enough mental health to start picking up the píeces again.

Or maybe he gets revenge but in a real brutal fashion and has to deal with the consequences, we have already seen in the ending we have that he can get violent........

Rylangamer123

May 31, 2021
I seriously doubt it, i think the best any vanilla fan could hope is a sort of pyrrhic victory for him, like he loses it all or gets seriously hurt again but somehow retains enough mental health to start picking up the píeces again.

Or maybe he gets revenge but in a real brutal fashion and has to deal with the consequences, we have already seen in the ending we have that he can get violent........
I think the possibility of harry getting violent will be in hero path towards Luca cause harry will have connected the dots and take action against Luca or something for now we can only guess

Reactions: Animefan_09
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes