VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not looking forward to any of the endings. They will all end up with Harry crushed and destroyed one way or another and the bloke deserves better. I'm just enjoying the quite unfortunate ride to that inevitable destination lol.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
I will note first, I played only harry's perspective as it's faster to skip text then everyone else. So if we actually see the confrontation on Laura or luca perspective than ignore me.

The abrupt end was so fucking disappointing. So this whole path was not trusting her so I'm assume the mc is going to start gathering evidence, and hard confront the bitch.

Anytime he pseudo-confronted her it was just a repeat of other paths, he let her control the discussion and constantly change it. And when he starts gathering evidence the one scene where you should've confronted them head on, under the bed, he just stays there until it's over.
And finally when it looks like we are going to actual get to see retribution... Nope! I like finally we get to see how she fucking react and tries to justify when caught red handed, but nope it's just a picture of a knife.

No real final conclusion, no real retribution. Yet on the two normal paths we not only got to see what happened after the wedding and such, we got to literally watch him get fucking destroyed.

i ddon't get this mindset in a lot of ntr games, when they do put things in like revenge routes. They just cut it of just before the actual revenge, or they half ass it and do t even let us see the main female break or have to come to terms with the fact her own choices and actions led to this.

its actually unsatisfying for us to love this genre when they do take the time to push that route.im not saying it was suppose to be a revenge route but the way it plays fits just that way and made me really enjoy the game even more until the end..

also for the love something, won't someone rid me of this split cgi.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Yeah man, I get that. He could totally go with that path. But he didn't, he decided to cut it off. That's just poor writting, isn't it? There is no purpose behind it, you get a sneak peek of harry losing his mind... and then it's done. If I was a patreon I would be upset, I think. Fortunately I'm not :devilish:
Or he is saving it for later (as in for a bad end in 1 of the other paths) to do something similar but much more elaborate.

Anyway he can always come back to this one later after he finishes the game i think

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
there is still choice of understanding laura which didn't apply in any of the current endings, that's laura main excuse for hating harry, so there is hope for harry in some routes but you will find some reason to cry anyway

RukuYa

Nov 11, 2018
Played through the new content and we got some more good H-scenes. Thank you for your hard work! I liked the panning shots in the bedroom scene. The CGs of Laura's selfies were also very nice. Story-wise though it was frustrating to read as most of it was from Harry's POV and this time he was being foolish (compared to being ignorant in the previous routes). It's somewhat understandable to some degree since he doesn't have hard evidence to back him up aside from the stuff on Laura's phone. Though that's double-edged evidence since he could be countered with "why are you snooping through my phone" and "why were you in Luca's apartment." Overall Harry become more unlikable, and Laura even more so, in this route and we get a cut to black when he pulls out the knife in the end. Would have been nice to see it continue a bit more before the actual end and get some Laura POV of the conference room and "massage parlor" scenes but I kinda get why they weren't included, oh well.

Looking forward to the Hero route.

NightToRepel

Jul 26, 2021
Played through the new content and we got some more good H-scenes. Thank you for your hard work! I liked the panning shots in the bedroom scene. The CGs of Laura's selfies were also very nice. Story-wise though it was frustrating to read as most of it was from Harry's POV and this time he was being foolish (compared to being ignorant in the previous routes). It's somewhat understandable to some degree since he doesn't have hard evidence to back him up aside from the stuff on Laura's phone. Though that's double-edged evidence since he could be countered with "why are you snooping through my phone" and "why were you in Luca's apartment." Overall Harry become more unlikable, and Laura even more so, in this route and we get a cut to black when he pulls out the knife in the end. Would have been nice to see it continue a bit more before the actual end and get some Laura POV of the conference room and "massage parlor" scenes but I kinda get why they weren't included, oh well.

Looking forward to the Hero route.
How to get to the new content? Which route and PoV should i pick?

Shatteredstar

Sep 21, 2018
Starting to see a pattern, lots of unfinished routes, no follow ups. 'Take a look at it by gutting him alive that is.' is not an ending, that's a actionable statement. Does he go through with it? Does he kill Luca or Laura? Both? Does Luca manage to beat Harry in some way? Like a hero, or does he use Laura as a shield? Sure it leaves it open for the player interpret the ending, but we have no idea what happened to Harry, Laura, Luca or Aya. Maybe there's a development reason for this, I can get that if the whole story was thrown at us when finishing one route we'd be spoiled for the rest of the routes. That would mean triggering more story at the end of routes by completing other routes. I don't know if that's in the scope of the design doc, or overall plan. As is though, it's very unsatisfying. The scene we got is hot though.

Glaring omission is Aya's drugged topless CG. After seeing all those Laura tits out selfies, it's first thing to come to mind. Also no 'massage' scene, or conference quickie scene to be found. With every other 'hidden' Laura pic seen by Harry, we get a scene from Laura's POV, but not this time. Maybe they didn't make in time for the update?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's better than the last route, by far. Hope the feedback helps.

Sep 16, 2022
Starting to see a pattern, lots of unfinished routes, no follow ups.
I'll be honest - I really hope that those routes are actually not finished and HangoverCat will put his final touches and seal the deal when all routes and endings are done. In one, final update so everybody will get something for their favourite route/ending.

But that could be nothing but my wishful thinking. We'll see. So far I have to say that Abrupt ending is the worst one yet. First normal was your typical NTR reveal, which was okay I guess. Second normal kinda shown everything I wanted and you could easily tell that this is the end and what's gonna happen in the future - except that S O R R Y part - fuck knows what that was about.

Abrupt ending is exactly what the name would suggest, except done in a very shitty (my personal opinion) way. You don't end something abruptly BEFORE anything happens. You end it RIGHT AFTER something happens.

Jun 1, 2017
Finally played the Abrupt ending and I liked it more than the Normal ending.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some people might say that the it's not NTR if the MC doesn't suffer forever, but it's definitely a nice change of pace when compared to all other NTR titles. Personally, I enjoy it a lot more when the FMC and/or Antagonist ends up being worse off in the end.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Some people might say that the it's not NTR if the MC doesn't suffer forever, but it's definitely a nice change of pace when compared to all other NTR titles. Personally, I enjoy it a lot more when the FMC and/or Antagonist ends up being worse off in the end.
A vocal minority.

The reality is that the only thing absolutely required for a story to be NTR is for the MC's lover/love interest to be stolen from them. The MC doesn't even have to be in the picture for most of the story for it to work. All that is required is for the FMC to be fucking and falling in love with someone other than the MC.

We all might disagree with each other about what we want to see from Harry in this story, but what we are really here to see is Laura betraying him. That's what keeps us coming back. That's what makes it NTR.

Harry's suffering is just window dressing. On the same note, having Harry move on and recover is also window dressing. Same thing for seeing him gut Luca like a fish. All of it is fine, but none of it is necessary for the NTR aspect of the story. It's a matter of personal taste, just like how you prefer your steak. Regardless of whether you want it to be rare (MC is sad), medium (MC cries while jerking off), or well-done (MC finds a nice rope to spend the rest of his life with), at the end of the day you still just want a fucking steak (The FMC's corruption and betrayal).

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
hope laura and aya will get cruel or even crueler with harry, she can make him do a vasectomy in an excuse she doesn't want to have babies but then "regret" it and say she wants to have babies and try to use that as an excuse to have sex with luca(his best friend) with harrys permission and from there it can only get worse
i hope to see some femdom and related stuff like chastity
anyway another great update can't wait to see the best girl aya, although I'm not sure why she did what she did in the abrupt route.

Reactions: Ombra

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
there is still choice of understanding laura which didn't apply in any of the current endings, that's laura main excuse for hating harry, so there is hope for harry in some routes but you will find some reason to cry anyway
That's the funny thing. Harry just has to say that he understands her to mollify her. It is obvious that he doesn't really understand her, and she should know that. If he really understood Laura he would have split sometime around the time of the movie date. Ghosted, blocked, grey rocked, forsaken, and forgotten. Therefore, she hates Harry the most when he is honest with her. Both choices in that interaction are the wrong choice. So if the "happy" routes only happen when he is lying or deluded is there really any hope? I think not. Abandon all hope ye who enter here.

woomb

Jun 13, 2020
One thing I didn't realize until the latest update is how late the hero path forks - based on timing, it's going to be literally right before the hair style change and after the 'bet' rule gets added.

My guess is that we're going to see a variant of the karaoke scene where Harry figures out 'something' is wrong and helps Laura win the first bet...but this creates a series of 'new bets' and rules that creates more and more problems down the road.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
The funny thing with the whole "understand" thing is that if Harry explains himself differently he probably would win Laura, i think i am seeing how the hero and/or good paths will go, like Harry will behave a little like in the abrut path but will say something like Laura wouldn't be acting like this without telling him unless she doesn't have a choice, like he knows she can act like this or that but she must have a reason rather than say she CAN'T at all, is a small thing but the devil is in the details like they say.

Also is just my opinion but i think the reason we don't get more Laura POV here near the end is because these chain of events will repeat in another route and then we will see her side, probably the one ending in hero called "fallen".

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes