VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

doctorp-2

Jun 3, 2020
The funny thing with the whole "understand" thing is that if Harry explains himself differently he probably would win Laura, i think i am seeing how the hero and/or good paths will go, like Harry will behave a little like in the abrut path but will say something like Laura wouldn't be acting like this without telling him unless she doesn't have a choice, like he knows she can act like this or that but she must have a reason rather than say she CAN'T at all, is a small thing but the devil is in the details like they say.

Also is just my opinion but i think the reason we don't get more Laura POV here near the end is because these chain of events will repeat in another route and then we will see her side, probably the one ending in hero called "fallen".
Has someone actually played the "hero routes" and if so, what's the difference?........

Sep 16, 2022
Has someone actually played the "hero routes" and if so, what's the difference?........
Hero route is more heroic while normal routes are kinda normal. Also one of the hero routes is called "fallen" because Harry falls on his ass when everything sinks in which Laura takes as another sign of weakness and understands her mother even more.

• Haha
Reactions: mzer0

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
Just finished the new abrupt content and its not bad...but hope its not the end but will get finished. I assume the endings in gallery which are marked green are finished and the white ones not. So i expect for the abrupt path here still additional content. (BTW..there is also written in brown letters beneath that there are future updates coming) Since i had to play from beginning...its clearly visible that the new artist is not as good as the old one especially in animated scenes Lauras Legs are too massive compared to her body and also the facial expression is different.

Reactions: Arvie33

ComplexOne2

Jul 25, 2017
We still have a long ways to go before Aya's route but i'm now more certain than ever, Luca is gonna help Aya "steal" Harry from Lauren at first but then he'll realise he's not content with Harry having any girl and Aya herself is gonna realise that her expectations in Harry were misplaced.

AlphaDlaW

May 18, 2022
A vocal minority.

The reality is that the only thing absolutely required for a story to be NTR is for the MC's lover/love interest to be stolen from them. The MC doesn't even have to be in the picture for most of the story for it to work. All that is required is for the FMC to be fucking and falling in love with someone other than the MC.

We all might disagree with each other about what we want to see from Harry in this story, but what we are really here to see is Laura betraying him. That's what keeps us coming back. That's what makes it NTR.

Harry's suffering is just window dressing. On the same note, having Harry move on and recover is also window dressing. Same thing for seeing him gut Luca like a fish. All of it is fine, but none of it is necessary for the NTR aspect of the story. It's a matter of personal taste, just like how you prefer your steak. Regardless of whether you want it to be rare (MC is sad), medium (MC cries while jerking off), or well-done (MC finds a nice rope to spend the rest of his life with), at the end of the day you still just want a fucking steak (The FMC's corruption and betrayal).
I would have to disagree with you there. what makes ntr great is both watching the girl fall in love/being taken by another man but also seeing the mc's reaction to it. that reaction being anything from a gullible idiot who never finds out to a heart broken man who caught/saw her in the act. the mc and their role in the story is very important and his suffering is extremely vital to tell a good ntr. as for harry gutting Luca, that part is unneeded.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
I would have to disagree with you there. what makes ntr great is both watching the girl fall in love/being taken by another man but also seeing the mc's reaction to it. that reaction being anything from a gullible idiot who never finds out to a heart broken man who caught/saw her in the act. the mc and their role in the story is very important and his suffering is extremely vital to tell a good ntr. as for harry gutting Luca, that part is unneeded.
You contradict yourself with that one line (highlighted in yellow). If it is acceptable for the cuck to never find out, then it is acceptable to leave his reaction out of the story entirely.

Also, you're misrepresenting me. I never said that the MC's reaction didn't add to the NTR (In fact, I acknowledged that it could, depending on your preference), I said that the MC's reaction/suffering wasn't required for a story to be considered NTR in response to the poster I was replying to.

An NTR story that leaves out the MC's reaction is definitely less impactful, but it's still NTR.

jojogeo

Sep 25, 2019
You contradict yourself with that one line (highlighted in yellow). If it is acceptable for the cuck to never find out, then it is acceptable to leave his reaction out of the story entirely.
If the cuck never finds out, how can he reacts to anything ?
If he finds out and has no reaction, it's just lazy.
Why wasting time with a husband as the MC ?

lkjhgfdfghjkl

Jul 1, 2021
The last two or three updates were done by a different one. Also HC mentioned he was not really happy with some.
You sure? I thought the newer artist did most of the static cgs this update and the old 1 did the final scene. The newer artist (that didn't leave) has more consistent quality imo

Last edited:

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
Is Ntr avoidable?
Yes. Quite possible, actually.

First, download the game and start playing it normally.

Then, and this is the important part, when it gets to the point in the story where Luca asks Harry to get the thumbdrive for him, detach the cables from your PC, pick it up, and then throw it out the window. This will work best if done from at least the second floor.

(If your current place of residence doesn't have a second floor, considering moving before attempting this. Real estate advice is beyond the scope of this guide.)

If Harry still ends up raising Luca's kids, you did something wrong.

Last edited:

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
No, there is significant difference and a cut off point between ntr and cheating.
If MC is not present at all you are losing on the aspect of girl getting off on the risk of being found out. You are missing on the lies and gaslighting that she needs to come up with. Finally you are missing out on MC stupid reactions, cluelessness, humiliation or even excuses he comes out himself to justify girls unusual behavior.

IF all that is missing the story should be just tagged as cheating.

Obviously there is the other aspect of NTR - wher MC is aware and either into it (netorase) or powerless. Then you are also missing on all or most of the above. But that can't be considered cheating and is tagged as NTR as well for the lack of separate tag.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: drone4of2
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes