VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

caandjr

May 10, 2019
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/routes/endings/laura/normal/Harry/l_normal_1_h.rpy", line 35, in <module>
NameError: name 'abrupt_end' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "routes/endings/laura/normal/Harry/l_normal_1_h.rpyc", line 35, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 1083, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 1076, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/routes/endings/laura/normal/Harry/l_normal_1_h.rpy", line 35, in <module>
NameError: name 'abrupt_end' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22000 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.2.22081402
A Promise Best Left Unkept 0.6.3

How do I fix this problem? Now I can't progress past certain points. Thanks.

João Maria

Feb 14, 2018
This is very bad! I have nothing against about NTR, but in this game NTR is Too Dark (for me). I would prefer a plot where there would be two vectors - Love and Ntr, and it would be possible to add a branch with Cheating path - where not only Laura would cheat on Harry, but Harry could cheat on Laura and ect.!
So it turns out that he loves her, and the worst thing is that she loves him Too! But lust and affection make her character just a complete whore! Harry is a stupid and blind! He's a simpl and a good man, he has a normal penis, gets tired at work and lacks the energy to satisfy Laura, but that's the whole point! - she was supposed to push and guide him, how to be and what to do - so that everything would be fine with them.
But...:cry:

This is just my subjective opinion.

Hello! I agree with you, but unfortunately it's not that kind of plot that this dev does.

btw, do you know games with this idea? "Love and Ntr, and it would be possible to add a branch with Cheating path"

Reactions: Y.Gromov

Y.Gromov

Aug 27, 2017
Hello! I agree with you, but unfortunately it's not that kind of plot that this dev does.

btw, do you know games with this idea? "Love and Ntr, and it would be possible to add a branch with Cheating path"
There are many games where there is an opportunity to avoid NTR and cheating.

random_user91

May 6, 2020
damn, by far... this is the ultimate ntr game that all ntr lovers ever hoped for. To be fair, this can't even be considered pure netorare anymore... for the normal ending, it's clear that it's netori/cheating for both options of normal ending. Even abrupt ending is actually netori. It's clear that the main characters are the douche Luca and Laura.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's crazy that the developer team really made so many expositions when we switched to her perspective. It's like they are trying so hard to justify her character and even those three available themes have the same message:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This ntr storyline can't be considered mindbreak with those many expositions from her. To be fair, the mc is the typical dumb oblivious ntr cucked mc but what else can we expect from ntr stories. My nagging for his character is he's just written to be too 'stereotypical saint oblivious fool who always praise and worship his lover' kind of guy. Too one dimensional for me at least in a first half even near third half of the current storyline.

I just wanted to see how the developer team deal with the 'good ending' routes and 'hero ending' routes. Even abrupt ending is still unfinished. By far, the 3 available endings are the epitome of NTR. At the very least, I hope we can see some satisfying repercussion to the both main characters Laura and douche of this story Luca in either good or hero ending, but knowing the developer team's previous work, I think it is just a fool's dream.

Even in typical 'alpha male douchebag' standard, Luca's dialogues are very degrading. Like even amongst the worst kinds of homewrecker, this dude is factually the worst, and a bully on top of that. I thought Japanese/Korean ntr artists/authors are the most dramatic and twisted in writing this kind of hardcore NTR, but apparently western developer's imagination can go even more twisted. Again, for ntr lovers, these two main characters, Laura and Luca surely can make them jizz all day.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2019
The game doesn't launch for some reason? Well, it shows a window, but everything is black and the game doesn't respond. Same happened with a similar Ren'Py game after this one.

Is there some solution to that?

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
The game doesn't launch for some reason? Well, it shows a window, but everything is black and the game doesn't respond. Same happened with a similar Ren'Py game after this one.

Is there some solution to that?
Anti virus, sometimes antivirus block the games when they try to alter the save files in a folder for example, is a costant problem with renpy games

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes