VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
Last time i checked Sumatra 3D was not the only Patron to not just accept that there isn't opportunity for the VN to be better. Supporting the project does not require blind worship of flawed product that has potential to be better. There is nothing wrong with wanting the best out of the experience. I'm not here demanding HC change his game to cater to what i want. I've just given fair criticism of where it can be improved. No fan should ever turn a blind eye and accept that status quo is good enough when the opportunity for better exists. Why should we be limited to good enough if better can be attained. The second you stop trying to improve is the moment where things turn for the worst. If you think this iteration is the best the story can be i feel bad for your ability to comprehend why its not. Hopefully you will realize I'm right before it's too late but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Have a nice day.

ktez

Feb 15, 2020
Last time i checked Sumatra 3D was not the only Patron to not just accept that there isn't opportunity for the VN to be better. Supporting the project does not require blind worship of flawed product that has potential to be better. There is nothing wrong with wanting the best out of the experience. I'm not here demanding HC change his game to cater to what i want. I've just given fair criticism of where it can be improved. No fan should ever turn a blind eye and accept that status quo is good enough when the opportunity for better exists. Why should we be limited to good enough if better can be attained. The second you stop trying to improve is the moment where things turn for the worst. If you think this iteration is the best the story can be i feel bad for your ability to comprehend why its not. Hopefully you will realize I'm right before it's too late but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Have a nice day.
Flawed product = it doesnt have the endings I want it to have, nice, thats 999 iq logic right there

SkylerCrew

Aug 30, 2022
or maybe.... you are just crying for attention.... because you didn't get you revenge ending... and also this game... has more quality scenes then a lot of completed/abandoned games that took longer to work on.... and the writing.... is top tier for me and... other people agree with me here... just because you are flooding the comments with tears... doesn't make your opinion more important....
Hey bruh chill out ... It's just my stupid opinion on this matter... And i did mention... That "No Offence to anyone" and if this make u feel hurt ... Ur Weak feelings ... Then i am sorry buddy ... For your info ... I do love this AVN .. thats why I am here commenting and providing my opinions ... And again literally "no offense to anybody"

SkylerCrew

Aug 30, 2022
Mate, of all the devs out there milking money, this isn't one of them. Fuck out of here.
Can't even i give my opinion on the matter ? And isn't evryone have right of speech here ? And bro ... I don't hate this game at all ... Infact i am here commenting and giving my stupid opinions ... " No offense to u or to anybody "

SkylerCrew

Aug 30, 2022
Yep. I mean, I'm a Patron and I've also seen and chatted with other patrons that think the same way I do. To quote one of them,

"It's still ntr if you let the mc overcome adversity. The shit still happened. He can win, he can lose, he can come out different. But at the end of the day no matter what it doesn't lessen the events by having different outcomes. I'm not asking for Harry to win every time. But without the possibility of winning the losses mean less. "

Unfortunately, overprotective fanboys will screech that you're anti-ntr if you don't want the same old generic 'antag curbstomps the protag' from start to finish. As it stands now there is no variation in any of the paths. It's all the same old thing:
- Harry: loses
- Laura: broken
- Luca: wins
- Aya: ignored (at least until her path which will more than likely have her fall into Laura's category).

It gets boring without variation. Personally, I'd have gone with 4 endings.
Normal (Generic. Harry never finds out)
Bad (Tragic. Harry loses everything, finds out, snaps and ruins his life by probably killing Luca and the girl(s) or trying to)
Hero (Bittersweet. Laura wins but her relationship with Harry is forever tainted and maybe even broken)
Good (Happy. Luca gets fucked over hard and it's a happy ending)
Good ending is still not even started working out by DEV ?? Isn't it ... and something happened to 3rd girl ... How to unlock her gallery ??

Reactions: Sumatra 3D

rhcp725

Jun 19, 2020
Endings i want? First off endings require an actual end not just a stopping point before any form of resolution occurs. Also if a story has different branching paths the end result should also have variance. If all paths lead to the same place of Luca wins, Laura breaks and Harry loses then what was the point of different paths to begin with. I have never demanded that the story goes a certain way just that it completes the way it went in a way unique to the path it took. If the intent was just to have the same outcome every time it's a waste of the potential the story had to begin with. I just want a complete narrative and don't think I'm asking too much.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
We aren't going to get the endings that we want. We are going to get the endings we need. Life is a hopeless exercise in futility and entropy. We must be educated. Embrace the suck and enjoy the ride down to the final depths of utter despair and hopelessness that this game represents.

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
Yep. I mean, I'm a Patron and I've also seen and chatted with other patrons that think the same way I do. To quote one of them,

"It's still ntr if you let the mc overcome adversity. The shit still happened. He can win, he can lose, he can come out different. But at the end of the day no matter what it doesn't lessen the events by having different outcomes. I'm not asking for Harry to win every time. But without the possibility of winning the losses mean less. "

Unfortunately, overprotective fanboys will screech that you're anti-ntr if you don't want the same old generic 'antag curbstomps the protag' from start to finish. As it stands now there is no variation in any of the paths. It's all the same old thing:
- Harry: loses
- Laura: broken
- Luca: wins
- Aya: ignored (at least until her path which will more than likely have her fall into Laura's category).

It gets boring without variation. Personally, I'd have gone with 4 endings.
Normal (Generic. Harry never finds out)
Bad (Tragic. Harry loses everything, finds out, snaps and ruins his life by probably killing Luca and the girl(s) or trying to)
Hero (Bittersweet. Laura wins but her relationship with Harry is forever tainted and maybe even broken)
Good (Happy. Luca gets fucked over hard and it's a happy ending)
why are deciding by yourself how all the endings will end, you don't know yet
i think the hero ending which has 2 variations, will actually end with laura winning against luca in one of the variations
and the good ending might actually gonna be an abrupt good ending for harry

Rasor685

Mar 11, 2020
I read the argument about endings...

I'll add my five cents: any of the conventionally good endings, such as "normal" or "hero," are bad endings in my opinion.
Why?
Simply because there was a fait accompli of prolonged cheating. But it's not even that, it's the fact that Laura has had a profound psychological change of personality that matters. Whereas in the "normal" ending this is obvious to any blind person, in the "hero" ending Laura sort of "wins" Luke at his game.
No she doesn't, it's just that Laura doesn't become Luca's plaything, but there's no question of "winning." Because simply comparing the importance of satisfaction in bed to Laura's personality "before" "playing" with Luca and "after," it's highly likely that, even if not with Luca, Laura will cheat on Harry again at the first "opportunity," justifying herself with violence/blackmail or any other plausible pretext.

Among the really good endings for Harry personally are two:
- Is a relationship with Aya, provided the latter doesn't take Laura's place in Luca's games;
- And the unlikely option if at the very beginning, literally in the first days of the blackmail, Laura honestly confesses everything to Harry about forcing her to have sex with Luca and the reasons why it happened, and they find a way to get out from under the blackmail together.
In the latter case, I believe that Laura's confession must happen before their first "date" with Luca this coming Friday. Since Laura, in fact, is now betraying Harry twice:
- The first time by not trusting him, there was a scene literally in the first days of forced cheating, when the heroine wanted to confess in thought, but pretended in words to be okay;
- The second time Laura betrays Harry during her "date" with Luca on Friday (albeit involuntarily), when she begins to take physical pleasure in being forced and enjoying the situation she finds herself in, from that moment on the option of "confessing everything to Harry herself" is in my opinion completely impossible, because Laura begins to sink into "playing by Luca's rules". In which the winner can only be the antoghanist, the only question is the degree to which he wins.

I am, of course, judging from my own experience and understanding. What do you think?)

Sorry for my bad English =)

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
We aren't going to get the endings that we want. We are going to get the endings we need. Life is a hopeless exercise in futility and entropy. We must be educated. Embrace the suck and enjoy the ride down to the final depths of utter despair and hopelessness that this game represents.
Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if HC includes a joke ending during next year April update with how crazy the discussion are getting xD

Think Silent Hill dog/aliens endings xD

• Haha
Reactions: inye59 and JoZEr

subaru_dono

Jul 5, 2017
Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if HC includes a joke ending during next year April update with how crazy the discussion are getting xD

Think Silent Hill dog/aliens endings xD
"Luca, incriminating USB drive in hand, is walking home triumphant, but he takes one overconfident step into the street and into the path of an oncoming truck driven by a Shiba Inu."
We get a single CG of Luca waking up in an isekai setting.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
"Luca, incriminating USB drive in hand, is walking home triumphant, but he takes one overconfident step into the street and into the path of an oncoming truck driven by a Shiba Inu."
We get a single CG of Luca waking up in an isekai setting.
"Luca has stolen Laura, Aya, Sandra and Maya away from Harry, this latest conquest feels like the crown jewel to his manliness and proof of his charm, little does he know it works a little too well until fateful night he wakes up tied to a table with little grey ladies surrounding him, tools beyond human undertanding in their many apendices and clear blushes on their faces....."

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Whoever said they were in Laura's office is wrong. They are clearly in a bedroom in this scene. Most likely, Luca's.
The real question is if Laura's expression is one of doubt, regret, etc? Certainly the only semi positive one it could be is she beign shy but i somehow doubt she could make a shy expression unless she is faking it at this point xD

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
The real question is if Laura's expression is one of doubt, regret, etc? Certainly the only semi positive one it could be is she beign shy but i somehow doubt she could make a shy expression unless she is faking it at this point xD
To me, the expression on her face looks like resignation. Like, she doesn't really like what's happening, but she's accepted it. We'll have to wait and see, though.

Reactions: Animefan_09

Rasor685

Mar 11, 2020
I completely understand the desire for a good ending to be included
My opinion:

The branch to a good ending should start from one scenes very beginning of the game. Probably when Laura and Harry first time meet Luka, and when they smoke and talk privately, there should be a choice in perspective for Harry to "Tell Laura in detail about the events in high school" (about the fate of Maya).
Further, this act of trust will probably encourage Laura herself, literally in the first evenings of forced sex with Luka, to confess about the situation with blackmail (there was even a scene from Laura's perspective, when she thinks about telling Harry everything honestly, but does not dare) .

This would probably be the shortest branch of events (unless dev add some other circumstances). And probably the least painful for the consequences for Laura-Harry couple.

All in all, I'm impressed. The game is very difficult psychologically, but that's why it's good (or maybe I imagine myself in a similar situation too well).

Rasor685

Mar 11, 2020
Take off your "Rose-Colored Glasses"!

Real life situation!

This happened about 10 years ago:
There lived a young family, a husband, wife and their daughter, not everything was good with them, but it was possible to fight with this and live on. But the wife decides to radically change the situation, divorce her husband and move to another city to her ex. Husband suffered for a long time, but got on his feet! Hi didn’t start serious relationships anymore, but everything was in order with him, he had a good job, he started playing sports, etc. Lived in general well and carefree.
After five years+ One evening he hears a knock at the door, opens, and on the threshold of his ex-wife with his already matured daughter and in his arms he has a of one-year-old child (from her ex), he let them in...
In general - they have been living together for five years (again), again played a wedding and raise two children
And this is real life!!!

So no need to breed demagoguery! Anything can happens in life!!!

Why can't we wish for a "Happy" ending in this game? In the game Carl!
In a situation like this, the only thing that would stop me personally from slamming the door right in my ex's face would be my grown daughter.

I think the guy stopped the same.
So yes, rose-colored glasses are sometimes worth taking off.

Reactions: Arthas

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
My opinion:

The branch to a good ending should start from one scenes very beginning of the game. Probably when Laura and Harry first time meet Luka, and when they smoke and talk privately, there should be a choice in perspective for Harry to "Tell Laura in detail about the events in high school" (about the fate of Maya).
Further, this act of trust will probably encourage Laura herself, literally in the first evenings of forced sex with Luka, to confess about the situation with blackmail (there was even a scene from Laura's perspective, when she thinks about telling Harry everything honestly, but does not dare) .

This would probably be the shortest branch of events (unless dev add some other circumstances). And probably the least painful for the consequences for Laura-Harry couple.

All in all, I'm impressed. The game is very difficult psychologically, but that's why it's good (or maybe I imagine myself in a similar situation too well).
That would be like putting ending after prologue. This is more than good ending - this is vanilla or pure ending that you desire.
I think such ending here would be ... lame. I want the characters to overcome the obstacles not avoid them. It is already enough that in your average game girl having a partner other then MC is a taboo and stigma that inhibits devs creativity. I think here we can accept a more "difficult" good ending.

In a situation like this, the only thing that would stop me personally from slamming the door right in my ex's face would be my grown daughter.

I think the guy stopped the same.
So yes, rose-colored glasses are sometimes worth taking off.
They say that true love forgives everything.

Reactions: Y.Gromov
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes