VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes
Oct 20, 2019
I don't know if the writer was influenced by the patreons and their whishes about the story's direction, or if his parallel working at another project took some oh his attention away, but this latest update seemed rather unequal. Sort of clumsy and gimmicky. Kind of like a long-running show that runs out of ideas and it has to patch itself with forced conflicts, self-parodies and, well, gimmicks. Just the proverbial evil twin is missing. We had a story that was believable, characters that were plausible, situations that were thought provoking, and even the genre specific clumsiness ( the on/off switch for orgasms, the primitive view on cervix stimulation, Luca's worthy of winning Le Tour de France stamina) had its place as a storytelling mechanism for this specific world. What we got as a continuation is just flat and underwhelming, even if the intention was to be shocking. Of course Sandra was something of a Chekhov's gun, but it turned into more of an evil twin (insert soap opera music) type of narrative element.
Not my intention to sound harsh because the writer proved himself (until this update) competent, nuanced and engaging in his storytelling and the critique comes from the place where I think he's capable of sustaining the initial quality of writing.
Anyway, this was an amusing, though not for the intended reasons, update.

Last edited:

Cross25

Oct 26, 2020
I don't know if the writer was influenced by the patreons and their whishes about the story's direction, or if his parallel working at another project took some oh his attention away, but this latest update seemed rather unequal. Sort of clumsy and gimmicky. Kind of like a long-running show that runs out of ideas and it has to patch itself with forced conflicts, self-parodies and, well, gimmicks. Just the proverbial evil twin is missing. We had a story that was believable, characters that were plausible, situations that were thought provoking, and even the genre specific clumsiness ( the on/off switch for orgasms, the childlike view on cervix stimulation, Luca's worthy of winning Le Tour de France stamina) had its place as a storytelling mechanism for this specific world. What we got as a continuation is just flat and underwhelming, even if the intention was to be shocking. Of course Sandra was something of a Chekhov's gun, but it turned into more of an evil twin (insert soap opera music) type of narrative element.
Not my intention to sound harsh because the writer proved himself (until this update) competent, nuanced and engaging in his storytelling and the critique comes from the place where I think he's capable of sustaining the initial quality of writing.
Anyway, this was an amusing, though not for the intended reasons, update.
As I said, the writer does everything just for ntr, and also stretches out what should have ended with the last update. But the patreons probably want more shit: "Luca and Laura", where the latter falls into even more debauchery. But this is not logical based on the final of the first path of the hero, where we know what Laura did, and then suddenly: Harry pressed me against the wall, he doesn’t understand me, I’ll go to the dick, and also twisted the drama with Laura and Sandra, making her dependent on sex with Luke. And in the end it gives hope that Laura can still overcome herself so as not to completely break down, where Harry says after her that he will not let her go. In general, most likely, a new update of the hero’s path, like this one, will be disgusting in moral and logical terms, where Laura will fall completely, and the last update, where Laura leaves somewhere with Luka, away from Harry, in order to accept a new self, and not pretend more pain for Harry, because she still loves him, well, or Luka will cause him physical pain, forcing Laura to completely disown Harry, and then either Lara will submit to him or get rid of Luke, but by doing this, inflicting even more suffering on Harry, what would he through hating her made it easier to accept everything and move on. But on this path, I find it hard to believe that Luka is waiting for the same ending as the first path of the hero, although I hope.

Rinnryuu

Jun 22, 2020
So let me get this straight clumsy is the only good ending all the work Laura does is null and void and if there's no new choices that's all this game amounts to. The writers keep Henry away from Laura at all costs so she can get stuck home syndrome from being a rape victim and there are no proactive choices for Henry I think you covered all the endings.

Reactions: AverageHalfwit

Rinnryuu

Jun 22, 2020
I can understand why people keep saying that Henry should move on if the writers give him that opportunity but soon as he does that that's going to be the end of Laura just like his childhood friend remember she ended up dying. Luca is not looking for love he's looking to destroy Henry that's his whole motivation. Without new choices I don't see this game going anywhere else.

Cross25

Oct 26, 2020
It would be nice if Aya was the main villain on Aya's path, such as Luka on Laura's path, where Laura will go through not only her betrayal, but at the same time Gearri's betrayal. But even there, the developer will make Luke the main fucker. So I predict: Aya's paths will be similar in structure to Laura's, where the developer doesn't want to keep the Laura-Harry pair, but in Laura's case, he can make the Aya-Garry pair. And Laura will share the fate of her mother, regretting in the future that she did so in the past. Well, Luka... won't leave Harry unless one of them gets hit by a truck and ends up in another world. Or a kun knife.

Rinnryuu

Jun 22, 2020
It would be nice if Aya was the main villain on Aya's path, such as Luka on Laura's path, where Laura will go through not only her betrayal, but at the same time Gearri's betrayal. But even there, the developer will make Luke the main fucker. So I predict: Aya's paths will be similar in structure to Laura's, where the developer doesn't want to keep the Laura-Harry pair, but in Laura's case, he can make the Aya-Garry pair. And Laura will share the fate of her mother, regretting in the future that she did so in the past. Well, Luka... won't leave Harry unless one of them gets hit by a truck and ends up in another world. Or a kun knife.
Even with Aya Laura's fate isn't her mother's it's the pink haired girl fate that awaits her Luca wasn't involved with Laura's mother in the past. And even if there is the Aya path Luca will klaim Aya Laura will be in a ditch or she'll help betray Henry. Luca only cares about Henry

Oct 20, 2019
It would be nice if Aya was the main villain on Aya's path, such as Luka on Laura's path, where Laura will go through not only her betrayal, but at the same time Gearri's betrayal.
This would be indeed interesting, with Aya "upgrading" from accomplice to perpetrator; I mean she already has a (big) hand in the pie of Harry's abuse. Even more interesting would be the perspective of Laura being both the cheater and the cheated. A good writer would have a field day with that (additional) cognitive dissonance and various coping mechanisms and hypocrisies that Laura would have to get through. But very doubtful it would happen.

Reactions: Rinnryuu

Cross25

Oct 26, 2020
Even with Aya Laura's fate isn't her mother's it's the pink haired girl fate that awaits her Luca wasn't involved with Laura's mother in the past. And even if there is the Aya path Luca will klaim Aya Laura will be in a ditch or she'll help betray Henry. Luca only cares about Henry
In this story, it is more upsetting that the author, in order to be ntr, makes the protagonist blind "stupid", when everything around has a "microscope eye", and the brains work as they should. But it reduces the quality of the game a lot. I played one game, also ntr, so there are choices where ntr can be avoided, throughout the game, and without losing the quality of the story, and even better than with the same ntr. And if the author loves NTR so much, even despite its illogicality, he should have written Doujinshi.

Cross25

Oct 26, 2020
This would be indeed interesting, with Aya "upgrading" from accomplice to perpetrator; I mean she already has a (big) hand in the pie of Harry's abuse. Even more interesting would be the perspective of Laura being both the cheater and the cheated. A good writer would have a field day with that (additional) cognitive dissonance and various coping mechanisms and hypocrisies that Laura would have to get through. But very doubtful it would happen.
But this turn of events would be really interesting

CleanJebboy

Feb 28, 2022
The thing is, Aya is objectively a "better" match for Harry and everyone, even Laura, knows it. Laura acknowledges the fact Aya saw through Luca right away and then moved to protect Harry not caring who Luca was or why he was there. Later, on the train, she says something like I know you will always have his best interests at heart. She knows she has betrayed him and will continue to fall. The reason Laura had her rules in place is to prevent her from being who she is. But her pride prevented her from getting real help for it and once the rules couldn't protect her she knew she was done for. Does she love Harry, even now? No, not really, she's an addict who will always chose Luca first. But he is a lifeline for her to help her think she has some normalcy in her life. He's a stand in for her father as well of course.

Harry isn't blameless in all of this. Does he really love Laura or is she the standard he wants to live up to? She can be both, but his insistence on meeting certain standards before he's "worthy" of moving in with her betrays the fact she's more of a goal than a person for him. This is an NTR story so of course he's stupid and blind while Luca is manipulating everyone and every thing but he was pretty blind before regarding Laura as a person. In my opinion, based on the writing, the relationship was doomed to fail because neither sees the other as a person.

Does Aya see Harry as a person? Nah, he's a senpai right now, but Aya has a natural strength that Laura doesn't have. She has shown she can be manipulated but even then she is stronger than Laura during it in my opinion. This is NTR though so she'll likely fall as well but unless it's flat out physical, overpowering rape I don't think it's going to ring true.

Rinnryuu

Jun 22, 2020
The thing is, Aya is objectively a "better" match for Harry and everyone, even Laura, knows it. Laura acknowledges the fact Aya saw through Luca right away and then moved to protect Harry not caring who Luca was or why he was there. Later, on the train, she says something like I know you will always have his best interests at heart. She knows she has betrayed him and will continue to fall. The reason Laura had her rules in place is to prevent her from being who she is. But her pride prevented her from getting real help for it and once the rules couldn't protect her she knew she was done for. Does she love Harry, even now? No, not really, she's an addict who will always chose Luca first. But he is a lifeline for her to help her think she has some normalcy in her life. He's a stand in for her father as well of course.

Harry isn't blameless in all of this. Does he really love Laura or is she the standard he wants to live up to? She can be both, but his insistence on meeting certain standards before he's "worthy" of moving in with her betrays the fact she's more of a goal than a person for him. This is an NTR story so of course he's stupid and blind while Luca is manipulating everyone and every thing but he was pretty blind before regarding Laura as a person. In my opinion, based on the writing, the relationship was doomed to fail because neither sees the other as a person.

Does Aya see Harry as a person? Nah, he's a senpai right now, but Aya has a natural strength that Laura doesn't have. She has shown she can be manipulated but even then she is stronger than Laura during it in my opinion. This is NTR though so she'll likely fall as well but unless it's flat out physical, overpowering rape I don't think it's going to ring true.
I think you're on to something but you have to remember the last two choices you get with Henry. Henry understands her and if you pick don't trust her he'll tell her that she doesn't understand him it's just too bad the writers gave her another face turn to betray Henry on the hero root. There won't be a good ending whit Aya. Luca does not care about Laura she is just a means to an end on destroying Henry. Luca will cast Laura aside of it's not working anymore and turn his attention to another loved one

Cricco

May 5, 2021
Said it before and i'll say it again, since every woman in this is gutter trash only good ending would be a side-story where Luca is a woman and gets the hate out of the way by fucking Harry every day all day. Dude's already pretty gay for him as is, can only imagine the levels of tsundere if he were a she.

CleanJebboy

Feb 28, 2022
Said it before and i'll say it again, since every woman in this is gutter trash only good ending would be a side-story where Luca is a woman and gets the hate out of the way by fucking Harry every day all day. Dude's already pretty gay for him as is, can only imagine the levels of tsundere if he were a she.
That's hilarious.

SiriusBlack

Jun 23, 2018
As I said, the writer does everything just for ntr, and also stretches out what should have ended with the last update. But the patreons probably want more shit: "Luca and Laura", where the latter falls into even more debauchery. But this is not logical based on the final of the first path of the hero, where we know what Laura did, and then suddenly: Harry pressed me against the wall, he doesn’t understand me, I’ll go to the dick, and also twisted the drama with Laura and Sandra, making her dependent on sex with Luke. And in the end it gives hope that Laura can still overcome herself so as not to completely break down, where Harry says after her that he will not let her go. In general, most likely, a new update of the hero’s path, like this one, will be disgusting in moral and logical terms, where Laura will fall completely, and the last update, where Laura leaves somewhere with Luka, away from Harry, in order to accept a new self, and not pretend more pain for Harry, because she still loves him, well, or Luka will cause him physical pain, forcing Laura to completely disown Harry, and then either Lara will submit to him or get rid of Luke, but by doing this, inflicting even more suffering on Harry, what would he through hating her made it easier to accept everything and move on. But on this path, I find it hard to believe that Luka is waiting for the same ending as the first path of the hero, although I hope.
I was kinda shocked by the last update as well. Seems like Laura [
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Laura's changes were far more realistic in the other endings, imho. I still believe that when Laura loses her will to fight / the whole "rules" falls down, the story goes down in hotness and interest :/

BBCinyourass

Jul 30, 2022

Laura's changes were far more realistic in the other endings, imho. I still believe that when Laura loses her will to fight / the whole "rules" falls down, the story goes down in hotness and interest :/
I 100% agree with you. When Laura loss her will to fight and the rules fall down that's game will not be so good anymore. :(

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
I 100% agree with you. When Laura loss her will to fight and the rules fall down that's game will not be so good anymore. :(
luca destroyed her plan in the current route and we found out another one of laura weaknesses, her mom ntr kink that developed from the incident in her childhood.
but the rules were very relevant in the clumsy ending, even when if was mostly revealed in the end and not shown more, i was clueless like harry.
i hope in aya ntr routes, she will struggle a lot more, not like laura, that give up and switch sides when she loses her shit.
also if aya give luca a tough battle i hope he will also use other ways and more resources/helpers to corrupt her, I'm sure hangovercat already have something amazing planned

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
All them experts.
The rules were means to an end for Luca, they were to allow him to corrupt Laura and as that happens she will stop struggling and Luca will have no reason to keep the rules. I personally would like the game to keep going for a while longer with Laura fully corrupted but the author is wrapping the route as it happens.

Was it really ? For a while now Laura was jumping on Luca's dick "pretending" she loves it. Is it hard to imagine that in that moment she was horny enough that she was to agree to whatever Luca was asking just to indulge in that childhood fantasy of hers? Also what does it even mean to "betray Harry" at that point ? Wasn't she betraying him all along ?

In this story, it is more upsetting that the author, in order to be ntr, makes the protagonist blind "stupid", when everything around has a "microscope eye", and the brains work as they should. But it reduces the quality of the game a lot. I played one game, also ntr, so there are choices where ntr can be avoided, throughout the game, and without losing the quality of the story, and even better than with the same ntr. And if the author loves NTR so much, even despite its illogicality, he should have written Doujinshi.
Tell me that you don't like NTR without telling me you don't like NTR.
But by all means give us the title of that game amazing NTR game you speak of.
Oh so to be good writer dev needs to write what you like ? Interesting.
How about showing us your writing skills by making game of your own?

phestonia

Mar 15, 2020
In this story, it is more upsetting that the author, in order to be ntr, makes the protagonist blind "stupid", when everything around has a "microscope eye", and the brains work as they should.
Well, "stupid" is part of NTR formula.
Most ntr involves some "stupidity" in some shape or form so that it can happen.
imagine trying to NTR actual character with intelligence? that's a lot of work for the writer.

BBCinyourass

Jul 30, 2022
luca destroyed her plan in the current route and we found out another one of laura weaknesses, her mom ntr kink that developed from the incident in her childhood.
but the rules were very relevant in the clumsy ending, even when if was mostly revealed in the end and not shown more, i was clueless like harry.
i hope in aya ntr routes, she will struggle a lot more, not like laura, that give up and switch sides when she loses her shit.
also if aya give luca a tough battle i hope he will also use other ways and more resources/helpers to corrupt her, I'm sure hangovercat already have something amazing planned
I hope you are right man :)

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes