VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
seems like luca has completely won destroyed laura plan,( and helen) but sandra might not be completely broken, and since laura is very into her mom we can expect more threesome.
anyway seems this ending is gonna be luca biggest win yet.
i just wonder where is aya, and will Helen be relevant again? i hope so

Dec 19, 2022
Dang, why people think good ending is happy ending(for harry)...???
Because HangoverCat made a poll asking if people want "good" ending (I don't think word "happy" was used) and they voted yes.

Now, "mechanically" wise it's the best candidate for happy outcome, because Harry very quickly realizes something is off, admits to himself that Laura is only human and could fall to Luca, just like Maya in highschool. So he doesn't "trust" her to be able to deal with everything on her own, but still loves her deeply, which is also mentioned. That combined with the fact that he understands her, makes the best all around conditions for "good" ending, which of course does not answer the question in what sense it's "good" exactly.

We can safely assume it's gonna be good at least for Harry, because he's the protagonist and in that route he's the most sane and aware from all of routes we've experienced so far.

HangoverCat

Game Developer
Jun 30, 2019
I had a similar reaction to this update. I was really caught off guard when it was revealed that Laura had repressed sexual urges for her mother. However, I mostly feel that way because Laura's flashback to the door and how what was behind it affected her was too abrupt for me.

IMO, if the door had been introduced earlier a few times, in the same way we were drip fed Harry's flashbacks to what happened in highschool and his feelings about it, it would have made the content in this update more natural. It would also have added another layer of mystery to Laura's character that this update would have finally paid off on.

Then again, I don't know how HC could have done that without shoehorning in more interactions between Laura and Sandra.
Well, the door was used at least one other time during the Normal ending when Laura has a fight with her mother, but yeah Sandra is very much a side character in the other endings. And since Laura wouldn't want to see her in normal circumstances, there's nothing much I can do about that. But Laura's character was always written with those kinds of complex desires in mind.

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
I'm missing a single CG in the "other girls" section. It's the first one in the row. I thought I played through all the new route stuff. Anyone know how to unlock? (aside from the unlock all button)
1671906079780.png

Reactions: Halozero55

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
where is this coming from?
from my impression, the good ending is gonna be an actual happy ending for laura and harry, with luca out of the picture probably, I'm pretty sure it's also gonna be one update like the abrupt ending.
and i bet in aya route there is gonna similar endings, so another good ending.
but that's probably gonna in at least a year from now, considering aya routes with start in around august (2 more hero udpates+ 1 good+ 5 aya)
You need to embrace that fact that while Luca may not always win, Harry will be either deceived or destroyed by every ending. Hangover Cat hates the poor motherfucker with the intensity of a thousand burning suns. The "Good endings" will be like the ending of 1984 when Winston, completely broken and devastated, learns to love Big Brother. Maybe even becomes sissified and enjoys his life as Luca's latest conquest. Or simply discovers about himself that he loves being a cuck. Because no condition exists where Harry walks away from this a winner unless he makes it so in his own mind.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
I did that, but I did start from the selection of trust her or don't trust her where she's pinned against the wall. Is it earlier than that?
That is already down the Hero ending path. That choice determines Hero ending #1 and #2. You should go for the Abrupt ending path.

Reactions: Yevaud6

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019
You need to embrace that fact that while Luca may not always win, Harry will be either deceived or destroyed by every ending. Hangover Cat hates the poor motherfucker with the intensity of a thousand burning suns. The "Good endings" will be like the ending of 1984 when Winston, completely broken and devastated, learns to love Big Brother. Maybe even becomes sissified and enjoys his life as Luca's latest conquest. Or simply discovers about himself that he loves being a cuck. Because no condition exists where Harry walks away from this a winner unless he makes it so in his own mind.
Well in most other NTR games with multiple endings, it is usually at least one ending where the girl stays together the original guy. With so many endings why shouldn't there be an ending where Harry wins and Luca loses. Even if it is a "Throw the dog a bone" kinda way. It is a change of pace. Whether that is a good ending or bad one is open to interpretation.

ZUBiDAM

Apr 6, 2022
I did that, but I did start from the selection of trust her or don't trust her where she's pinned against the wall. Is it earlier than that?
i don't think it's possible to miss that cg, so you already seen it, it's the only cg of maya

Cross25

Oct 26, 2020
Hello,

Currently there's 2 more update coming to finish the hero path, then we will have the aya path. Aya path will be at least 6 updates, because in this path, Laura will be subject to ntr too, with Harry being stolen by Aya (HC didn't mentioned that Aya will have actions with Luca in this path, so yeah the ntr will be reversed from Harry to Laura here). HC said that there will be this much update here in order to build it with some sense, because until now with have only seen a Harry deeply in love with Laura. This path will happen when you have the choice to follow or not Aya when she leaves the meeting. After that, Laura's route will finish with 1 last update, the good ending path. Then, probably in late 2023 so, Aya's route will begin. If I remember good, HC said that there will probably have 3 path in it. This route will happen if you decide to kiss Aya early in the game during the trip.
Ai in the picture is the same as Laura, you can see that she will sleep with Luka

Plotwist

Feb 12, 2018
Why does HC hate Harry? Somehow I always thought there was at least some hint/glimmer of hope that Harry will not be left utterly devastated by the happenings, cause intentional or unintentional through the introduction and all that follows you are intimately aware of both what Harry does/sees and what he thinks as well as other players except Luca, it does make one somewhat sympathetic to Harry and his undoing, some level of catharsis might come from him not being ultimately destroyed.

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Then again, I don't know how HC could have done that without shoehorning in more interactions between Laura and Sandra.
Or without giving the twist away too early. I like it but like you i wish there were hints of it earlier but i know how hard that could have been to implement plus if it was too early many people would have forgotten it likely because of how much time had passed sinc ethey played the earlier parts xD

Terix3

Aug 2, 2017
I think that the door accident makes sense - Laura knew about mom sleeping with other man, we can guess she likely witnessed it. That then could lead to both her hating her mother and hating herself for being aroused by the act.

We need to remember that story is getting molded as we play it. I think the author is free to add new desires/kinks/traits to the characters as long as they fit the overall character build up so far.
IMO, if the door had been introduced earlier a few times, in the same way we were drip fed Harry's flashbacks to what happened in highschool and his feelings about it, it would have made the content in this update more natural. It would also have added another layer of mystery to Laura's character that this update would have finally paid off on.

Or without giving the twist away too early. I like it but like you i wish there were hints of it earlier but i know how hard that could have been to implement plus if it was too early many people would have forgotten it likely because of how much time had passed sinc ethey played the earlier parts xD
How do you guys feel about idea to retrospectively adding such detail to the story ? I think Laura having a nightmare about that event could be one way to do it.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes