VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
:HideThePain: Scene replay, finally, if only he made that for his previous game as well.

Sahady

Jul 31, 2017
Completely agree with you on the Harry part. He is our player character. Since our choices are played through him, if we choose to play the good person I hope we get with an happy ending for Harry. If I remember correctly there will be five Laura endings. Hopefully one of those endings Harry is happy with or without Laura. This is good writing when we can root for the guy created to enhance the cucking experience.

For Laura, it is a common trope in NTR where the woman was hiding her true personality that the NTR revealed. With so many endings, there should be one where she accepts her true self and one where she rejects it. Wonder how each will affect her relationship with Harry? Maybe there will be one where she becomes a more open and sexual aggressive woman and Harry loves the new her? Happy end?
I completely agree with you, there are not many games in this genre with a good ending, so I would like at least one ending to be good for Harry separately or for Harry and Laura together

Reactions: kcj300 and radohak

marcusx

Dec 26, 2018
This game has missing MOBILE GAME tag. Please add this asap and DO NOT IGNORE as you are missing a huge amount of players.

Reactions: Twelvemonkey

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Depends if you're joking. If there's a way to play renpy without much hassle that'd be very interesting.
No man, i wasn't joking, i was just trying to get your attention you see, because there's always those who asked for android version in every Renpy and Rpgm games, and even though that there were so many people including me have already explained in the respective game thread in the forms of comments (including this very game's thread) on how to to do that they keep asking the same question over and over again as if they never read any comments at all. It's not your fault though, maybe this is actually the first time you ever found out about the information but still it frustrated me. That's why i replied you in a peculiar way so that i have your attention. And now that i have your attention, here's what you should do:
- Install this app and the respective plugins

- Download the win original file version or the compressed win version of this game and mount it on JoiPlay and you're good to go. The save files for pc and android are interchangeable. And i wish you well on your recovery.

Reactions: AtotehZ

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
No man, i wasn't joking, i was just trying to get your attention you see, because there's always those who asked for android version in every Renpy and Rpgm games, and even though that there were so many people including me have already explained in the respective game thread in the forms of comments (including this very game's thread) on how to to do that they keep asking the same question over and over again as if they never read any comments at all. It's not your fault though, maybe this is actually the first time you ever found out about the information but still it frustrated me. That's why i replied you in a peculiar way so that i have your attention. And now that i have your attention, here's what you should do:
- Install this app and the respective plugins

- Download the win original file version or the compressed win version of this game and mount it on JoiPlay and you're good to go. The save files for pc and android are interchangeable. And i wish you well on your recovery.
It worked fine. The only limitations were the "back" button missing and the "rules" button missing.

Entropylol

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
HangoverCat If/When the MC discovers the truth, will be there an option to make him enjoy the situation or will be just game over?

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
It worked fine. The only limitations were the "back" button missing and the "rules" button missing.
A shortcut for Back button is always available in JoiPlay assuming there's 'back' button present in the game interface/UI at bottom screen which you can click. Is there any back button in the game interface when you play this game on PC? Or is there any shortcut for back button in keyboard regardless the game interface? And try downloading JoiPlay Patreon version which have the latest build than the Playstore version and APBLU is listed as one of the compatible game for JoiPlay. In any case, the app is just an emulator which probably can't guarantee a 100% compatibility but at least it works most of the time.

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Completely agree with you on the Harry part. He is our player character. Since our choices are played through him, if we choose to play the good person I hope we get with an happy ending for Harry. If I remember correctly there will be five Laura endings. Hopefully one of those endings Harry is happy with or without Laura. This is good writing when we can root for the guy created to enhance the cucking experience.

For Laura, it is a common trope in NTR where the woman was hiding her true personality that the NTR revealed. With so many endings, there should be one where she accepts her true self and one where she rejects it. Wonder how each will affect her relationship with Harry? Maybe there will be one where she becomes a more open and sexual aggressive woman and Harry loves the new her? Happy end?
You are right that is a major trope that the woman is denying her true self. The difference with this game though is how much she is trying to fight it and how much it is hurting her emotionally. I really actually hope for an ending where Harry saves Laura and he does so by getting Luca killed.

I usually don't care about who is fucking who in these games but the way Laura is written, how she is trying her best to fight Luca and how guilty it make her feel just makes me ache emotionally for her and I just want to have an ending where Harry actually saves her and this completely makes her love Harry more then anyone she has ever known.

NTR is usually so one sided I would like to see for a change a revenge plot where Harry confronts Laura and she finally tells him the truth of what has been happening to her and then they work together on some type of revenge plot. I don't really want to see Laura succumb to Lucas especially considering that it is all just psychological manipulation anyways.

I guess I can only hope there is some kind of good ending with Laura and Harry.:cry: I am starting to think I shouldn't have started playing this game it is having to much of an emotional impact on me.

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
You are right that is a major trope that the woman is denying her true self. The difference with this game though is how much she is trying to fight it and how much it is hurting her emotionally. I really actually hope for an ending where Harry saves Laura and he does so by getting Luca killed.

I usually don't care about who is fucking who in these games but the way Laura is written, how she is trying her best to fight Luca and how guilty it make her feel just makes me ache emotionally for her and I just want to have an ending where Harry actually saves her and this completely makes her love Harry more then anyone she has ever known.

NTR is usually so one sided I would like to see for a change a revenge plot where Harry confronts Laura and she finally tells him the truth of what has been happening to her and then they work together on some type of revenge plot. I don't really want to see Laura succumb to Lucas especially considering that it is all just psychological manipulation anyways.

I guess I can only hope there is some kind of good ending with Laura and Harry.:cry: I am starting to think I shouldn't have started playing this game it is having to much of an emotional impact on me.
That's what ntr does to you man. That is the reason most people were against the genre. But this is exactly why i liked it, because the shit felt real unlike those harem games. I mean look at WVM, the main protagonist there is handsomely attractive, smart, nice, kind, cool, sympathetic, athletic, he can fights, not afraid to anything, have a way with words with the ladies, never made a wrong decisions, not to mention horse cock, he didn't even have to ask for sex, the women offered themselves to him, and so many other traits not even Superman has it. That is some f***in' bullshit man! I'd rather be Harry and suffer some emotional impact than to be that guy as MC.

• Haha
Reactions: 彡SILENT๛ONE

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019
Well, Harry is definitely traumatized by what Luca did to him back in high school. And he did his best to bury and ignore it, instead of looking for help and deal with it. Which, admittedly is not easy to do.

I just played the game and had Harry act suspicious in every choice. In the last ones in the cinema, it's clear part of his mind is screaming red flags at every instance, but another part doesn't want to truly consider the possibility Luca is doing something with Laura.

The way I see it, the wounds are still there, and Harry feels too weak to face them, even if it is to start to heal.

Just how much did Luca hurt him?

Because when everything is revealed, Harry will break down. Or explode.

I know which option I'd go with.

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
The game is called A Promise Best Left Unkept... meaning that the promise Harry made to Laura that he will become better and better and be a person worthy of being with her is the cause of this whole problem in the first place. If Harry would have taken her more serious earlier it might never have happened. He should not keep that promise and change his actions asap so Laura doesnt have to question her loyalty to him. Also it would cause Aya to back off more if it is made clear that Harry and Laura are serious or even married but instead they chose to hide their relationship at the begining which in itself shows a level of uncertainty and or insecurity.
I know you emotional people want to see a happy ending but the title alone suggests that things wont end well for Harry. There could be a possibility of him leaving Laura for Aya and maybe living happily ever after with her (Big Maybe) but Laura having a strong mindset and having it twisted and manipulated will make it hard for her to see Harry as anything but a weak and insecure guy who tries to please others at the expense of his own happiness. Whereas Aya knows all this about him yet still loves that about him. Idk to me it seems as though Laura is just like the person she tried not to be like "her mother". Thats why she is so scared because she secretly knows she is just like her but doesn't want to admit it cause she hates it about herself.

But Luca is trying to get her to embrace it and be "Honest" with herself. Women like Laura always end up with guys like Luca lol. Harry is kinda like the average guy in highschool who has a crush on 1 of the popular cheerleaders but she doesnt even notice him and dates some shithead who is full of himself lol. Work environments are often similar to school environments. I see Harry losing both women because of his indecisiveness and inferiority complex not because of his skills in the bedroom. But maybe he will keep 1 of the girls if he is lucky.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
That's what ntr does to you man. That is the reason most people were against the genre. But this is exactly why i liked it, because the shit felt real unlike those harem games. I mean look at WVM, the main protagonist there is handsomely attractive, smart, nice, kind, cool, sympathetic, athletic, he can fights, not afraid to anything, have a way with words with the ladies, never made a wrong decisions, not to mention horse cock, he didn't even have to ask for sex, the women offered themselves to him, and so many other traits not even Superman has it. That is some f***in' bullshit man! I'd rather be Harry and suffer some emotional impact than to be that guy as MC.
What kind of life do you live that harry felt real? I have never have seen such a pathetic guy in my life.

kinglionheart

Engaged Member
Sep 12, 2019

It really shows good writing skills if we are feeling so much emotions for the characters. With the visual novel format there is enough time to show the slow corruption of the woman. If it was a doujinshi people would complain it was short and the woman fell too fast. But here there is plenty of time and at most people might complain the woman is to long to fall.

If we made the weak and unfaithful choices then we desire what we get. But if we played the faithful boyfriend, hope there is a happy ending for Harry.

If you want a reverse NTR story look for an Artist CG story called "Ma no Kichiku Capsule PTA no Hitozuma-tachi ga Toroman Ochi Ahe Mesu-ka!" where a guy finds out his wife cheated on him with some other guys so he decides to steal her back along with the wives of the other guys. It is quite fun! Enjoy!!

Jul 27, 2018
Sooo, 5 endings huh
I imagine something like:
1 - (Bad end) Harry completely broken and in despair. Luca takes all the girls (HC true ending)
2 - (Bad end) Harry's revenge. He breaks down mentally but brings along Luca, Laura and Aya. I don't know how but they will also suffer. More than Harry (the perfect ending imao).
3 - (Neutral ending) Harry is disappointed but not broken. He leaves. Laura, Luca and Aya move on with their lives. (nobody wins in the end)
4 - (good ending) Harry saves Laura. Luca arrested (or killed :WeSmart:) and Aya can go fuck herself.
5 - (good ending???) Harry and Aya ending

The game is good. Well made. HC deserves some rest. Also, Hangover Cat >>>>>>> Blue Cat

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Sooo, 5 endings huh
I imagine something like:
1 - (Bad end) Harry completely broken and in despair. Luca takes all the girls (HC true ending)
2 - (Bad end) Harry's revenge. He breaks down mentally but brings along Luca, Laura and Aya. I don't know how but they will also suffer. More than Harry (the perfect ending imao).
3 - (Neutral ending) Harry is disappointed but not broken. He leaves. Laura, Luca and Aya move on with their lives. (nobody wins in the end)
4 - (good ending) Harry saves Laura. Luca arrested (or killed :WeSmart:) and Aya can go fuck herself.
5 - (good ending???) Harry and Aya ending

The game is good. Well made. HC deserves some rest. Also, Hangover Cat >>>>>>> Blue Cat
Your second ending reminds me of 1 of the endings in Triangle Blue (Ryo's route) where the MC snaps goes all male yandere and kills the guy and the girl i think too (and then himself), there was also another where he keep the girls but honestly started behaving like a maniac and posibly controlling abusive boyfriend/husband

You could also include a false happy ending, basically Harry thinks they are good but we know better xD

Reactions: ElZenpai

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
A shortcut for Back button is always available in JoiPlay assuming there's 'back' button present in the game interface/UI at bottom screen which you can click. Is there any back button in the game interface when you play this game on PC? Or is there any shortcut for back button in keyboard regardless the game interface? And try downloading JoiPlay Patreon version which have the latest build than the Playstore version and APBLU is listed as one of the compatible game for JoiPlay. In any case, the app is just an emulator which probably can't guarantee a 100% compatibility but at least it works most of the time.
I believe there is a back button normally, but I don't remember. Last I saw was when 0.2.5 came out.
The rules button missing is annoying, it adds something extra. It's not critical though.
One thing I find really interesting is the access to console. I often experiment with that, but ofc there's no need in this game. This game just works and has no stats other than routes you select based on answers.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes