VN Ren'Py Completed A Promise Best Left Unkept [Bonus Scenes S2 7-8] [Hangover Cat Purrroduction]

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes

ktez

Feb 15, 2020
Another option is showing the situation before any ntr happens, that way you feel the fall and corruption, although sometiems it can get pretty long like in games like Gatenkei or Triangle Blue
I don't like Triangle Blue art, is the game as good as people say?

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
I don't like Triangle Blue art, is the game as good as people say?
Yes, but is long and forget playing without a playthrough, is really good if you like when the girl goes from good girl to evil bitch, If you find it my advice is that feel free to skip a lot (after saving just in case you find yourself lost) unless you really want to play the vanilla part to enhance the ntr later on

Reactions: BBWolf721 and ktez
Jun 1, 2017
Yes, but is long and forget playing without a playthrough, is really good if you like when the girl goes from good girl to evil bitch, If you find it my advice is that feel free to skip a lot (after saving just in case you find yourself lost) unless you really want to play the vanilla part to enhance the ntr later on
Are there any English translations?

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Are there any English translations?
Hahahahahahahahahaha, if you find one tell me because whoever picks Triangle Blue for translation should be considered a saint, is like 2 or 3 games in one with how big it is, funny thing it was originally a normal vainilla game and later it wa supdated witht he ntr aparently.

PS: that was a no btw

• Sad
Reactions: bleachedturtle

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
Except for both being NTR-themed games, I don't see much parallels... or do you then also consider First-Person-Shooters all to be exactly the same? (More on point: "Cuck MC", "Dumb Bitch GF" ...what? Where? Did I misread thousands of lines of narration?)
I was about to say the same thing, went to look at the game and it bears more similitude with HC previous game if anything, i also liek this one a little more but to be fair i skipped most of the other game so i can't say i have full opinion on it (one misses a lot when you skip text)

Also people read HC comments, he already explained that the image shown on the phone isn't 100% accurate with what he imagined in their head, mostly how the collar shouldn't be that clear for example

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Average, it just not for me though because of the story, but if your a ntr type of guy i recommend it
Story:good
Art:good
This is my review:3/5 average
FYI, this is not how reviews work. If you think the game is well conceptualized and developed - despite you not personally liking the themes - then you are supposed to give it a good review.

A music reviewer never goes "yea the album is 10/10, but I just don't like the genre, 3/10".

Rugerrell6

Jun 26, 2020
FYI, this is not how reviews work. If you think the game is well conceptualized and developed - despite you not personally liking the themes - then you are supposed to give it a good review.

A music reviewer never goes "yea the album is 10/10, but I just don't like the genre, 3/10".
Everyone in the world and all the game developers in the world are supposed to make the exact content they like and the exact kind of story they want or they will say it is shit. Idk tbh I think there is something wrong with the people of this generation. They are so emotional towards things that arent really a big deal. Like the whole concept of NTR for example. Some people despise it so much they go to every single game with ntr and try to shit on it. I personally hate futa I think chicks with dicks is unnatural and gross but I dont go to every thread that has that type of content and bitch and moan. I think alot of people on f95zone need a hug. haha

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
By the acting of some here apparently asking if NTR is avoidable equals being a NTR hater. It really doesn’t, it’s a stupid conclusion to make.
I like NTR, yet I also like variety and different endings.
Games with avoidable NTR gives you the opportunity to enjoy all the NTR to your hearts content in one playthrough, and defeating the evil bastard in another playthrough. Letting you see both sides is more fullfilling in the end, so no it doesn’t make you a «NTR hater».

This one doesn’t seem avoidable though, which is fine. My only regret here is dev missing out on lesbian NTR with the two girls, that would have been an awesome side route.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
By the acting of some here apparently asking if NTR is avoidable equals being a NTR hater. It really doesn’t, it’s a stupid conclusion to make.
Games with avoidable NTR gives you the opportunity to enjoy all the NTR to your hearts content in one playthrough, and defeating the evil bastard in another playthrough. Letting you see both sides is more fullfilling in the end, so no it doesn’t make you a «NTR hater».

This one doesn’t seem avoidable though, which is fine. My only regret here is dev missing out on lesbian NTR with the two girls, that would have been an awesome side route.
Precisely!

I had a similar thought when I was reading some of the replies. Fans of NTR are so prone to make fun of people who get all bent out of shape at the mere possibility of NTR in a game or story. However, we have a similar problem within our community: whenever someone gets so invested in an NTR'd character's situation that they wish for them to have, at least, the option of a happy ending, people react as if they've committed some kind of sin.

As you said, allowing the possibility for the NTR'd character to get back at the ones who wronged him makes the story more robust and adds replay value, but the community acts as if the existence of such a route would detract from the rest of the story.

Really, the 'is the NTR avoidable?' crowd and the 'NTR only!' crowd are just two sides of the same coin.

Side-rant:
This is why I can't stand Netorase. The slavish devotion to the idea that everything MUST work out in the end is so unsatisfying. It's the reason why I have such a love/hate relationship with the Marina Cuckolding Report series. Such wonderful build-up in each game but always the same safe, boring, happily-ever-after ending.

Rant over.

mzer0

Nov 21, 2018
I really hope you people arent refering to me
FWIW, I've never read any of your posts (aside from this one).

because if thats the case you must be having a serious case of cognitive dissonance.

You shouldn't have used 'cognitive dissonance'. It doesn't mean what you think it means. Next time, try calling my reading comprehension into question.

All I said is that because of the way the story is going and because of the title of it. That its not likely that it will end happily. I didnt say I dont want it to have a happy end it just doesnt seem like it will happen. And I never mentioned the "Is NTR avoidable?" people either. I was refering to the NTR vigilantes that wish to remove the content from the face of the earth for whatever insecure reason they have.
...Then why respond? Ever heard the expression: 'a hit dog will holler'?

Thats why I say many people on f95zone need a hug.
^ This is irony.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frumi

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
Everyone in the world and all the game developers in the world are supposed to make the exact content they like and the exact kind of story they want or they will say it is shit. Idk tbh I think there is something wrong with the people of this generation. They are so emotional towards things that arent really a big deal. Like the whole concept of NTR for example. Some people despise it so much they go to every single game with ntr and try to shit on it. I personally hate futa I think chicks with dicks is unnatural and gross but I dont go to every thread that has that type of content and bitch and moan. I think alot of people on f95zone need a hug. haha
Same thoughts here, right down to the intensely not liking futa thing, lol.

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017

I think it’s an honest fine review.
Besides he gave it 3/5 which is a 6/10. That means average/goodish, even though it wasn’t for him, see no problem with that.
If he gave it 1 star then I’d agree with you it’s childish and overly subjective, but he didn’t.
Being forced to give 10/10 to something you don’t like is even more ridiculous and dishonest.
Every review, even professional ones, have some degree of subjectivity.

If you are going to criticize that, then also go and criticize people who give 10/10 based solely on one element they like, disregarding if the story and the rest is worth that score. Plenty of those as well, just as subjective. Otherwise it’s hypocrisy.

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017

I mean, if this game went the logical route, you could have a non-NTR route. Just have Laura do what everyone in the world would of done and have a backup of the files on her computer. So now Luca can't blackmail her at all.

I mean shoot, Harry has an automatic backup system of all of Aya's files that keeps copies of them on his own personal drive. How does Laura, his boss, not do the same thing? We already know their stuff gets saved in the Cloud, so how does she not have a backup of the flash drive? It makes that whole part so far-fetched that she wouldn't have a backup.

So yeah, you could have a non-NTR route. Albeit, a rather short story, but it would work. Just have her have a backup of the drive like any normal person would. No blackmail, and life goes on as normal.

Reactions: Asuminoya

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I can take or leave NTR but I am endlessly irritated by mystery NTR. Following around the clueless, dickheaded husband as he wonders where his wife is on their anniversary or why there is a giant pile of used condoms next to the bed makes me feel like I am wasting my time. It is like trying to jerk off to a cuckolded husband's reddit post. I'm endlessly glad when games like this one dispense with that and let us follow the heroine's story from the start.

matsuy

Sep 15, 2017
I mean, if this game went the logical route, you could have a non-NTR route. Just have Laura do what everyone in the world would of done and have a backup of the files on her computer. So now Luca can't blackmail her at all. ...
I think that you misremember Luca's ploy... he threatens to sell the app/data to a third party -- which, once the fact of a theft becomes known, will incriminate Harry (who has been recorded on video taking the USB stick from Laura's office).

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I think that you misremember Luca's ploy... he threatens to sell the app/data to a third party -- which, once the fact of a theft becomes known, will incriminate Harry (who has been recorded on video taking the USB stick from Laura's office).
True, forgot about that.

But I assume (because most big businesses do) that if there is a camera in Laura's office, there must be other cameras in the workplace as well. It seems silly that there is no other camera except in Laura's office only. So after talking with Harry, they would check the other camera feeds and find Luca talking to Harry before and after the incident, and seeing him give Luca the drive. Which would make Harry's story of what happened make sense. Thus leading to Luca landing in hot water cause he persuaded Harry to do it for him. Thus stopping the whole blackmail plot and Luca.

So again, it could lead to a non-NTR route still. Just be a bit more complicated than I previously mentioned. Still be a short story regardless, but it could exist if people really want it.

Reactions: lushlife

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017
True, forgot about that.

But I assume (because most big businesses do) that if there is a camera in Laura's office, there must be other cameras in the workplace as well. It seems silly that there is no other camera except in Laura's office only. So after talking with Harry, they would check the other camera feeds and find Luca talking to Harry before and after the incident, and seeing him give Luca the drive. Which would make Harry's story of what happened make sense. Thus leading to Luca landing in hot water cause he persuaded Harry to do it for him. Thus stopping the whole blackmail plot and Luca.

So again, it could lead to a non-NTR route still. Just be a bit more complicated than I previously mentioned. Still be a short story regardless, but it could exist if people really want it.
They are coworkers, any half decent lawyer can argue a conversation means nothing, and Luca comes from a criminal family, is pretty likely he knows how to avoid cameras or at least do things in an angle where it can't be seen what he is doing.

He also bluffed he didn't care because the scandal would be enough to ruin the project and Harry, not sure about the second but it would have made thing shard for him for a time even if he were declared innocent.

May 10, 2021
Important question about the Patreon levels:

Why would it go Sober > Tipsy > Hangover > Passed Out? Tipsy to Shitfaced to Passed Out makes sense. Or even Tipsy > Passed Out > Hangover. Doesn't follow the logical progression of drunk as it stands.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: abgazil
4.10 star(s) 102 Votes