Ren'Py A Ross Story: James [v0.5 Part 1] [King User]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
It is true that sometimes it's a bit confusing. But I like the kinds of things the story is about quite a bit, so I'm perfectly willing to power through the typos and sometimes poorly explained things. One thing I really like about the games are the twins and their relationship, and James's exhibitionism. Also, i like the bully who turns out to be quite friendly. And I'm interested in the fantasy world too (even though that's the most confusing part). I'm wondering if more of the cast will journey there.

There's a new bug in this version where the town map doesn't go away some of the time and you see the dialogue over the map unless there's an animation. Happens in the school, the gang hideout, and the desert shop.
Okay I'm checking that.

Rubby

Oct 19, 2021
Sure you can avoid all the shreks.

Luckily there's plenty of gay sex to make up for it which is unavoidable.

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Is there guide for this game pls?
Not yet I'm planning to make one, however due to multiples changes I made in game I couldn't release it, because it become outdated. At this moment I'm making plans to wpork with the "task system" to feature a way in game to show you where to go to continue the stories instead, leaving you find out by visiting everywhere. Theses news should be available from part2 of the 0.5 update, as well than the rest of the new content.

Reactions: AlixWoe

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Hello.

It's been a while since I could play this game and it was a good surprise how it evolved during that time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good continuation.
Thanks , some of bugs I noticed and fixed for next version, for the rest I gonna fix them thanks :) .
Also about the twins , they are patreon content so if you don't use your code or don't have one they gonna be unavailable. ( I changed that in game and made a fusion of patreon codes to only ask 1 time and unlock the whole content without ask codes everywhere like i did before, so it may be a reason for Adolphus being unavailable ( you can check it on game screen it must show patreon or patreon+ near version number )

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Oliz82

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Thanks , some of bugs I noticed and fixed for next version, for the rest I gonna fix them thanks :) .
No problem. That's how these forums are supposed to work : helping devs make a better game.

Also about the twins , they are patreon content so if you don't use your code or don't have one they gonna be unavailable. ( I changed that in game and made a fusion of patreon codes to only ask 1 time and unlock the whole content without ask codes everywhere like i did before, so it may be a reason for Adolphus being unavailable ( you can check it on game screen it must show patreon or patreon+ near version number )
About that, you shared the twins content to everybody in an earlier version. That's why I was still able to meet them.

I always download the game from here. So I only play what is inside.
Anyway, if you want their content to be exclusive to the patreon version, they shouldn't appear nor be mentioned in the normal one. I can see Adolphus next to the cafeteria, Bradley and Randulphus talking upstairs. If I socialize, I can meet Adolphus and unlock a task :
1713298732173.png
I'm unable to complete.
Many NPC talk about them, like coach Michael or Mister Hall (4 events with him : cafeteria, toilet, computer, downtown + lessons in the classroom).
I would prefer to ignore everything about them than being titillated from time to time about content I'm unable to see. The other named classmates are at least limited to a simple reaction and we don't even know their face (outside Brent and Tristan).

Good continuation.

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Hello.

No problem. That's how these forums are supposed to work : helping devs make a better game.

About that, you shared the twins content to everybody in an earlier version. That's why I was still able to meet them.

I always download the game from here. So I only play what is inside.
Anyway, if you want their content to be exclusive to the patreon version, they shouldn't appear nor be mentioned in the normal one. I can see Adolphus next to the cafeteria, Bradley and Randulphus talking upstairs. If I socialize, I can meet Adolphus and unlock a task :
View attachment 3547546
I'm unable to complete.
Many NPC talk about them, like coach Michael or Mister Hall (4 events with him : cafeteria, toilet, computer, downtown + lessons in the classroom).
I would prefer to ignore everything about them than being titillated from time to time about content I'm unable to see. The other named classmates are at least limited to a simple reaction and we don't even know their face (outside Brent and Tristan).

Good continuation.
The twins, I had made errors in the code at the time I created them, which allowed non-patreon users to have access to part of their story, unfortunately I think that a lot of people improved their relationship with them, this which means that officially they are supposed to be friends of James, even though they are not. (I will still take a look at the code to make sure that there is no line that I have not forgotten to separate from the main code (apart from basic discussions).

Else ARSJ is really a single version on Patreon, Itch.io or F95zone, the only difference is the patreons can unlock some hidden content in the game but I don't make specific version for patreon or public so in case of code "issues" some patreon content may be public, like the McGoohan issue.

I was originally thinking of intertwining the events of Mister Halls with those of the twins, but I moved him away a bit, although some events with him will depend on the relationship with the twins.

For the rest I gonna check to improve that and fixes theses bugs , thanks again ;).

Oh and for that task I gonna add a button to remove it and reset the twin situation to 0 in case you unlock them in future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oliz82

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The twins, I had made errors in the code at the time I created them, which allowed non-patreon users to have access to part of their story, unfortunately I think that a lot of people improved their relationship with them, this which means that officially they are supposed to be friends of James, even though they are not. (I will still take a look at the code to make sure that there is no line that I have not forgotten to separate from the main code (apart from basic discussions).

Else ARSJ is really a single version on Patreon, Itch.io or F95zone, the only difference is the patreons can unlock some hidden content in the game but I don't make specific version for patreon or public so in case of code "issues" some patreon content may be public, like the McGoohan issue.

I was originally thinking of intertwining the events of Mister Halls with those of the twins, but I moved him away a bit, although some events with him will depend on the relationship with the twins.

For the rest I gonna check to improve that and fixes theses bugs , thanks again ;).

Oh and for that task I gonna add a button to remove it and reset the twin situation to 0 in case you unlock them in future.
Ok. I'll miss Randulphus. He is very fun.

Good continuation.

Reactions: King User
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote