Ren'Py A Ross Story: James [v0.5 Part 1] [King User]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

good0593

Sep 2, 2019
Edward has no characteristics, mainly due to his appearance. He is too bland and has a face that is very repetitive with many NPCs in other games, making him unattractive.
If possible, I suggest Edward change his face.

Last edited:

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Edward has no characteristics, mainly due to his appearance. He is too bland and has a face that is very repetitive with many NPCs in other games, making him unattractive.
If possible, I suggest Edward change his face.
I'll be honest, yes, I'm working on a new appearance for him, but i'm thinking to totally remake him like William.
The little issue is, his presence in multiples scenes so it will be longer to integrate him everywhere compared to William who wasn't much in game.
So I still remaking all scenes from beginning and editing the characters who still have the old apperance from version 0.1, but considering how much renders I have to remake, it may be long to have he's new appearence in game without having to see his old appearance in same time that the new one.

meleaguance

Mar 2, 2021
I think the new update is interesting. With the two worlds now I'm reminded a little of Nine Princes of Amber. I still am confused about why 20-somethings are going to high school. Maybe you could make some adjustments so that it's college? Also, some of the centaur's scenes seem to appear out of order. Like I'm shown the hut he's staying in for the first time after I've already been there.

meleaguance

Mar 2, 2021
It wasn't planned originally, but it will be added in future now that I'm integrating Bradley more in the story.
I wasn't sure I liked Bradley going off with a guy in the gym locker. I kind of like him being the "straight" twin. I think maybe he should just be kind of really open with his brother like in the hot tub scene. And maybe if you pursue it more you get to have a threesome with him and a girl or something. But you know, it's your game.

Darklord1234

Jul 13, 2018
Literally just came here to say you missed an opportunity by not naming it A Ross Story: Bob. Just think of all the "happy little accidents" you could have written. Lol.

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
I wasn't sure I liked Bradley going off with a guy in the gym locker. I kind of like him being the "straight" twin. I think maybe he should just be kind of really open with his brother like in the hot tub scene. And maybe if you pursue it more you get to have a threesome with him and a girl or something. But you know, it's your game.
Oh Bradley, has always been bisexual, originally i wanted to make a collection of games with one by Ross member, considering the time it would take and the time I have to invest in just ARSJ I put theses in standby for now and developping the others characters in ARSJ.

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
I think the new update is interesting. With the two worlds now I'm reminded a little of Nine Princes of Amber. I still am confused about why 20-somethings are going to high school. Maybe you could make some adjustments so that it's college? Also, some of the centaur's scenes seem to appear out of order. Like I'm shown the hut he's staying in for the first time after I've already been there.
Yes, i'll have to adjust it a bit as I quite of started to write that story when I was still younger in my free time, they was originally younger too around my age at the time but because of age limitation, I had to make them all a bit older that originally planned, creating the highschool setting and the fact Brent still a bit "childish" despite his age.

And thanks I'll take a look at that with Akeron, i'm preparing a patch the ( 0.4.2) to add some content, remake some scenes and fix issues with the current version.

Reactions: meleaguance

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Another great update. We learn many things about James past. It's becoming one of the games I'm really looking forward to try each update. And again, I'm still wondering if I've seen everything ;).

You've changed William's model but not in all scenes (the locked room, the morning after the spirit's visit).

I've had a hard time figuring out the new navigation system (I'm still hesitating sometimes). Also, we have to cancel the skip option if we use it there since it doesn't stop anymore.
Moreover, it's impossible to close the phone once on screen. The back button is the only way out to continue the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It wasn't planned originally, but it will be added in future now that I'm integrating Bradley more in the story.
I'm not personally into incest but, if you're doing it, don't limit it to Bradley. William with his makeover is also more appealing. I would have added Mischael if what happened to him never occured since his model is very attractive. Not sure about the father though.
We can't say anything for other male characters like Liam or Ryan either yet.

Good continuation.

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Hello.

Another great update. We learn many things about James past. It's becoming one of the games I'm really looking forward to try each update. And again, I'm still wondering if I've seen everything ;).

You've changed William's model but not in all scenes (the locked room, the morning after the spirit's visit).

I've had a hard time figuring out the new navigation system (I'm still hesitating sometimes). Also, we have to cancel the skip option if we use it there since it doesn't stop anymore.
Moreover, it's impossible to close the phone once on screen. The back button is the only way out to continue the game.

I'm not personally into incest but, if you're doing it, don't limit it to Bradley. William with his makeover is also more appealing. I would have added Mischael if what happened to him never occured since his model is very attractive. Not sure about the father though.
We can't say anything for other male characters like Liam or Ryan either yet.

Good continuation.
Thanks , I'm getting better at modeling them too so I hope you will like the new models i'm preparing.
A lot of members of their family don't appear yet in games and some of their friends neither.
Considering I really developped that story a lot, like ARSJ is only a branch concerning one of James adventures, some others members of the family will appear, I may add them just as side content because some are really useless to main story but would be good to fill the game with more detail about their life.

Usually he's supposed to appear in canteen randomly from midday I'll take a look in code to check nothing is messed thought , additionally some old saves may experiment issues with event not starting or stuck because I did a rework of some variables in the 0.3.2 versions some save from theses version may start to show lately and appear like new issues when it's because og variables changes of older versions.
And in fact i should add a WIP sign for some paths as I tend to make it smooth and avoid a stop block but at the end it can be confusing.
You're right the fight was a preview, I starting to develop it and see what people think about it as I want to add fight in some scenes mainly in Euphoria, but also on the normal earth.
The barmaid don't really know james like any of them, they are famous on earth only not on Euphoria, Terrence is known in some place but nobody know the link between him and the Nalshadas as he wasn't born when they left Euphoria at the time.
Only some member who met James at the time he was on Euphoria know his link with Terrence.

The school slut is his temporary name until the story progress as Bradley and James didn't cared to wonder who he is just used him. In fact Brent scene was a bit rushed as I made it at a time my computer took 2 days to make a little 12 frames animation, now i optimized it i'll extend some scenes as I replace the old one progressively until i reach the part of the games with all the news characters and style.

thanks for all the bugs and stuff you noticed gonna fix that for the next patch.

Reactions: Oliz82

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
ARossStoryJames-0.4.1.1
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The new appearance of Edward is nice because it's close to the previous one, though his facial expression is always strange (either he smiles like an idiot or he just keeps his mouth open).
The school introduction rework is nice, particularly not having Miss Bethalany in the middle of a corridor is way better. I miss Bradley saying "Between you and me, it's not the last time you see it" (something like that) to James and Edward in the locker room though.

Good continuation.

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Hello.

The new appearance of Edward is nice because it's close to the previous one, though his facial expression is always strange (either he smiles like an idiot or he just keeps his mouth open).
The school introduction rework is nice, particularly not having Miss Bethalany in the middle of a corridor is way better. I miss Bradley saying "Between you and me, it's not the last time you see it" (something like that) to James and Edward in the locker room though.

Good continuation.

I'm going to look for the scenes who don't trigger, in addition if you have save from the 0.3 version it may cause a lot of bugs since I changed a lot of variables in theses versions. When nothing may seem broken at first, it can happen in the future once they will need to be reused.

Last edited:

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

Thanks for the explainations.

Adolphus first meeting should be unlocked by "socializing" that will trigger his scene if never met after that meeting a new option appear to meet him directly, don't have difference between "paid" or no as the game itself is free but I add some things for the peoples supporting meby giving them a code.

Also, about the second part, I thought the twins content was Patreon exclusive, though I may have misunderstood since it's from some updates ago.

I'm going to look for the scenes who don't trigger, in addition if you have save from the 0.3 version it may cause a lot of bugs since I changed a lot of variables in theses versions. When nothing may seem broken at first, it can happen in the future once they will need to be reused.
I always make a new play with each update since you keep improving previous scenes. That's why it's strange not being able to trigger scenes I know exist. The only saves I use are the ones with the twins, otherwise, I wouldn't be able to see their content.

Good continuation.

King User

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2022
Hello.

Thanks for the explainations.

Okay and yes the twin content was specially made for the Patreon.
I'm fixing the scenes who don't trigger like Bradley's one, I made an issue inside by changing a relation point with Bradley as this scene is supposed to appear when you have at least 1 relation point with him but instead it was locking it.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
A Ross Story: James.
This visual novel follows the character of James Ross, a young man in his last year of high school.
He's pretty famous. James moved to an island with his family, where their simple life would no longer be simple.
Become James and enjoy the ride.​
The game looks interesting.
Thanks. king User

Please use my overview if you like it. :giggle:

Reactions: King User
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote