tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
i can get that, yet for me it is completely opposite.

drawn 2d art of their first game was so-so, or to say "passable", in my book.
this one though being daz3d is way better, and one of the best among daz3d games im playing.

however, the biggest plus of this game compared to the previous one would be the game setup.
cant stand kinetic/linear games/sandboxes such as their first game, so this one is vast improvement in that area.

the only downside here is tediously slow development so far :HideThePain:
I admit it's a subjective thing for sure. If daz didn't look so plasticy to me I 'd probably agree with you. The emotion that can be conveyed with the drawn art style, imo, just can't be beat by daz. But, there were definite flaws with prince of suburbia in the game design. Like I thought the game was having a seizure every time I tried to click a room change button, lol.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I admit it's a subjective thing for sure. If daz didn't look so plasticy to me I 'd probably agree with you. The emotion that can be conveyed with the drawn art style, imo, just can't be beat by daz. But, there were definite flaws with prince of suburbia in the game design. Like I thought the game was having a seizure every time I tried to click a room change button, lol.
regarding emotions and their presentations in 2d/3d, i would say that mostly depends on devs (artistic) mastery.
while i do agree that by default 3d generic art isnt that expressive, if the devs pay attention and know how to do it, it could be even more expressive than drawn 2d art.

one thing is for sure, and it will stay that for the time being i would say - both 2d drawn and 3d daz arts are by far superior to ai crapcg.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
regarding emotions and their presentations in 2d/3d, i would say that mostly depends on devs (artistic) mastery.
while i do agree that by default 3d generic art isnt that expressive
, if the devs pay attention and know how to do it, it could be even more expressive than drawn 2d art.

one thing is for sure, and it will stay that for the time being i would say - both 2d drawn and 3d daz arts are by far superior to ai crapcg.
Speaking to the highlighted part, I don't think it is necessarily a skill issue. I think it's an effort issue. Larger Daz games can have thousands and thousands of images and every face would have to be sculpted individually. Even if they use face emotion presets that would become noticeable if they didn't have literally hundreds of presets. Whereas the drawn art games are just...drawn that way. I think the overall effort for a drawn art game is probably higher than a Daz game overall until you get down to the nitty gritty of the finer details in which case it suddenly ramps up to exponentially more effort to do than drawn.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Speaking to the highlighted part, I don't think it is necessarily a skill issue. I think it's an effort issue. Larger Daz games can have thousands and thousands of images and every face would have to be sculpted individually. Even if they use face emotion presets that would become noticeable if they didn't have literally hundreds of presets. Whereas the drawn art games are just...drawn that way. I think the overall effort for a drawn art game is probably higher than a Daz game overall until you get down to the nitty gritty of the finer details in which case it suddenly ramps up to exponentially more effort to do than drawn.
It is a skill issue (and time), simple as that. You need to try more VN's of high quality (and/or actually look at renders from people who truly know what they are doing) and then see if you still want to try and die on your hill. Daz, pre-made assets and creating your own character models, is/are only as good as the person using the program.

And the vast majority, are average at best.

tanstaafl

Oct 29, 2018
It is a skill issue (and time), simple as that. You need to try more VN's of high quality (and/or actually look at renders from people who truly know what they are doing) and then see if you still want to try and die on your hill. Daz, pre-made assets and creating your own character models, is/are only as good as the person using the program.

And the vast majority, are average at best.
Assumptions are faulty here. Name a game as an example...I've probably played it and will still say the drawn art has better emotion. It's a subjective argument, accept that part and we'll be copacetic.

Edit: Should be mentioned that the art has to be drawn well...which is almost as rare as a Daz artist good enough to convey emotion well.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Assumptions are faulty here. Name a game as an example...I've probably played it and will still say the drawn art has better emotion. It's a subjective argument, accept that part and we'll be copacetic.

Edit: Should be mentioned that the art has to be drawn well...which is almost as rare as a Daz artist good enough to convey emotion well.
ofc, bottom line would be that we all can agree here that true artists, regardless in drawn 2d or daz 3d department, are quite scarce.
moreover as most of our opinions/estimations are quite highly dependent upon our own personal artistic sense/sensibility, it is unlikely that we can find a common ground with others regarding delicate things such artistic emotions/expressions are.
so better to stop here before we enter (infamous) ot lands... :HideThePain:

Feb 25, 2022

Patreon post image-1.png

Mai was the winner of our latest special "fan request" render set for 2024! The results of that poll have been added to the original post:

Now we want to hear your suggestions for what that render will be. Let us know your suggestions for themes, costumes, or cosplay Characters you'd like to see for
Mai!

Leave your suggestions in the comments, send us a DM, or !

n00bi

Nov 24, 2022
:FacePalm:damn... give the story teller some weed or something for inspiration/creativity.
I was hoping this would be a good game, but now i have serious doubts about it.
when a game-dev needs his community to come up with ideas. i know two things.

1* its for milking most out of the supporters
2* there isnt really a full story planned, and stuff just get made up as the game development progresses.
i dont mind nr1.. but nr2 usually results in shitty stories.

• Angry
Reactions: ForrestFuller

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
:FacePalm:damn... give the story teller some weed or something for inspiration/creativity.
I was hoping this would be a good game, but now i have serious doubts about it.
when a game-dev needs his community to come up with ideas. i know two things.

1* its for milking most out of the supporters
2* there isnt really a full story planned, and stuff just get made up as the game development progresses.
i dont mind nr1.. but nr2 usually results in shitty stories.
Tell me you haven't played the game without telling me you haven't played the game.

• Haha
Reactions: n00bi

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Lol what ?
Tell me what you see without telling me what you see.
View attachment 3770299
If you read the dev post you can clearly see that it's referring to a fan request render set, not the actual game. The dev has already storyboarded the entire story so the dev doesn't "need the community to come up with ideas"... something you would know if you actually followed this game. So your shitposting was completely baseless.

n00bi

Nov 24, 2022
Jericho85 while i may have read&misunderstood the post in its entirely.
Learn to distinguish between criticism & shit posting.
Ididnt trash the game per say. i stated my concerns about what you can see some games do.
And yea the story in most of them isnt good, usually shit. there are exceptions ofc.
And no i dont follow this game, i played it once i saw it here back in march and moved on to other games.

Having that said, i still dont see the point in having a fan requests, voting polls etc.
Unless intentions is nr1 as stated in my prev post. "dev wants $ which is understandable"
but to me it looks like its:
"lets make nice renders, not game renders just stupid wallpapers etc, oh and perhaps the suckers want 4k too if we have the time,
yea lets spend time on this instead of doing next scene renders, do coding, bugfixes etc."

Its just my opinion.
opinions are like asses, you dont have to agree but if you say you dont have one, i know youre full of shit. ;)

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Having that said, i still dont see the point in having a fan requests, voting polls etc.
Literally not uncommon at all. A lot of devs do things like this for their patrons. So even if you think what you posted was valid criticism for this VN (which it wasn't) with your talk of "milking", lack of planning, and "shitty vns", it was actually just another completely baseless drive-by shitpost because you don't know this dev or the VN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maviarab
Feb 25, 2024
This is one of the few games that has a writer dedicated solely to the plot. You can find out more about her here:

Asking for suggestions from users is just a way to give advantages to those who subscribe to Patreon.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PickerLewd

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
This is one of the few games that has a writer dedicated solely to the plot. You can find out more about her here:

The blog seems to have been abandoned since 2014 and his Amazon page says 0 books for sale :unsure:.
Anyway, I like the plot of this game and the way it's handled, although reading some of the comments here I discovered some secrets that I didn't know myself.

4.30 star(s) 57 Votes