FinalDrake

Nov 12, 2016
Hey this may have been answered but how do you use the cheat menu?
I've activated the cheat in the phone but in the instruction it says there should be an option on the left side.
I see no option.
Thanks in advance!

- ZAIKO -

☁️
Donor
May 30, 2017
Finished the Murder patch at walkthrough-capacitor. There's a updated walkthrough for new version?

May 27, 2017
After freeing Catherine and Amy from Mr. Beasley what do you do after to continue their story line. I see that when you try to go to the Ross house it says "you have not been invited to visit". I have seen nothing in the walkthroughs about what to do next. Help plz.

falcoon

Oct 30, 2016
How do you free Leanne. I'm stuck at the point where she is the room with the Mother Superior and after I have already possessed the Mother.
Force mother sup to do something unimaginable for her to break her. Then the story should move forward.

falcoon

Oct 30, 2016
After freeing Catherine and Amy from Mr. Beasley what do you do after to continue their story line. I see that when you try to go to the Ross house it says "you have not been invited to visit". I have seen nothing in the walkthroughs about what to do next. Help plz.
You have to meet the third sister first. She should be guarding the estate at some point. Then recall her with police chief help, and visit their home.

Fox.Mulder

Jul 31, 2017
This is actually really good. Was a little lost at first, like I immediately failed because why wouldn't you take the pretty vase? But yeah, with a decent walkthrough I could see myself replaying it for all the other routes, too.

May 27, 2017
How do I move the dragon gem out of the Mechanic shop. I have charmed Abby and asked her "lets go to the Mechanic's workshop". Than once there "ask Abby about the gem" but she just picks it up and puts it down again and then leaves.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
How do I move the dragon gem out of the Mechanic shop. I have charmed Abby and asked her "lets go to the Mechanic's workshop". Than once there "ask Abby about the gem" but she just picks it up and puts it down again and then leaves.
Talk to Abby again, but you have to have a reason to move it.

Have you cast Clairvoyance in the room, have you met Leanne the thrall, have you found out how to rescue her?

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
First of all I have to say that I like this game, however there are quite a few things that feel weird when I'm playing it:

-Let's talk about Davy for example: We know that he has powers albeit more limited compared to you. What I found weird is that while this character has been controlling a few people he suddenly stops just because you appear, a few obvious objectives would have been his sister and the mother of Kate, even more taking control of the bank would make sense too because he already has one step into it. However even if you waste time it won't develop anything at all.

Another important thing is that characters charmed by Davy don't do anything at all against you, the only thing we have is that one time event with your sister, which is kind of weird too, and if you are a female and talk with the mother of Davy.

At the very least it would have made more sense to use your sister against you, be it trying to distract you, talking with you to obtain information about what you are doing, or even use her to tempt you with sex but being the sister more in control in the sex scenes. If all other things fail just take her away and use her as hostage.

-Second we have Gabby: While I don't dislike her plot it would have made more sense to feel her influence since day one and growing bit by bit rather than what happens in the plot. In fact it would make sense that she tries to take over the whole TV station with her powers rather than focus on your mother and flee. It would have been more interesting if the mother was developing gradually since day one and that for example 30 days later if you don't solve the plotline she will go to live with Gabby. In fact 30 days would give enough time to stop the actions of Gabby for a normal player and if you have someone charmed in the TV station she could send messages about how being with Gabby feels weird. In fact I would believe that exposing someone charmed for a long time to Gabby would make it possible to influence her as if it was a normal person.

-Third we have the spells: I totally expected to have a dispel spell bought at the new age store at some point of the game. The invisibility spell feels underused, and it would be great for mainly voyeurism for example. About pass and clairvoyance I think they need a few more opportunities for them.

-Fourth is about the money: The first thing that I found weird is that while you have a bank account... you can't have a debit card and pay things directly with your bank account. This would have been so useful in the game. Another weird thing is that you can't ask the people you charmed for money. This would have made the non apprentice run more easy for a normal player.

-Fifth is about Victoria: She feels a lot more useless than what I expected. I would guess that an antique and artifacts shops would give me something useful to earn mana at the very least each few days. In fact perhaps one tiny defect that the game has is that we need more profits for charming important people.

-Sixth would be about sex scenes: While I understand that the game focus on mind control and being dominant I think it would have been more interesting to have some more "free relationships" in the sense of simply seducing the character (as it can happen with Kate for example) or perhaps being able to make some girls dominant towards you rather than submissive slaves. In fact one of the things that I would have liked to do is dispell my own magic on people.

-Seventh would be about conversations, I have to say that I liked a lot the conversation with Leanna your childhood friend at the end. The bad thing is that conversations like these don't exist, but it would have been a good plus.

Be aware that while I may feel critic it's just because I like the game, overall I love the lore, some of the characters and the whole situation. Personally I felt that the right way to play this game would have been the apprentice route because it's the one that makes more sense. Conspirancy feels weird refusing to become his apprentice, it would have felt more natural as a path within apprentice. The murder one just feels wrong for me.

A good game from a good developer, have a nice day.

Reactions: at0c

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
First of all I have to say that I like this game, however there are quite a few things that feel weird when I'm playing it:....
Thank you for the feedback, I aways appreciate comments and thoughts on the game. This game has been in development for a long while and by differing developers and some of this issues you mention are legacy of this. Others are just where we have not got around to expanding on the game yet.

You can thank the person 'Northwind' at the Hypnopics collective for a number of the things you liked there, notably the Leanne conversation, Tracy's attack and Gabby

Otherwise I will address some of this

1. Yes Davy should be a lot more active, and does attack a lot more on the Murder path. I have always considered that he is being influenced strongly by Kurndorf, essentially charmed by him. Kurndorf's goal is not Davy controlling the town, it is his resurrection, and remember Davy is obsessed with Kate so a lot of his free mana ges to charming her repeated ly (potentially)
I am in development of a new path where he is a LOT more active, it will be a variant of the apprentice path

2. Please remember here Gabby's objective is not general control like YOURS but just the control of your Mom, Alex. So she is trying to control her, and is it possible this has not started until she arranges for Mom to return to work

3. All spells are learnt from the Book, never purchased as such, and we now have two effective dispells in the game now, the Silver Ring and Tina
Agreed, Invisibility is under used which is why it as added for use with Camryn for instance, but Pass has a lot of uses, and Clairvoyance has quite a few too

4. All of the money issues is a legacy of the original game design and gameplay balance, but should be reviewed

5. Victoria is definitely under used, and there will be some more of her in the next release. The Bank Security guard is a good friend of hers. Otherwise stones did not work as they are generally descibed as valueless in the game so would not be bought or sold by her.

6. The new path I mentioned above will cater to this, all sex is via seduction in that path, via saving people from Davy as it will start with most people charmed by him.
There has also been discussed a path to seduce Tracy given the event when you first meet her after freeing her from Davy

Just to note, Conspiracy path came in because of a request from a player who did not want to kill Sir Ronald by wanted to go their own way

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
An active enemy is always appreciated, but I don't think that the path you are saying is being active, personally this is what I consider active:

-Davy charming more people over time.
-Dispelling from both parties and re-charming, basically a fight for influence.
-Those charmed by Davy being active towards stopping you.
-Those charmed by you actively helping you.

Davy actually has the advantage that his sister can dispell magic and even more, generate magic power for him. If I knew how to program it I would have liked to make a path like that.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
An active enemy is always appreciated, but I don't think that the path you are saying is being active, personally this is what I consider active:

-Davy charming more people over time.
-Dispelling from both parties and re-charming, basically a fight for influence.
-Those charmed by Davy being active towards stopping you.
-Those charmed by you actively helping you.

Davy actually has the advantage that his sister can dispell magic and even more, generate magic power for him. If I knew how to program it I would have liked to make a path like that.
With the current structure of the game that is quite difficult, and even the path I described is quite difficult, but both ways become easier once one is done.

Trouble is the way peoples interactions are designed is quite hardcoded and difficult to alter. I have over the last couple of version been altering, decoupling the events from locations and making them more person centric. There is still quite a lot to do before any significant change can be done so people are not always initially uncharmed and with a set block of interactions

Again the Good path I described was basically requested at the Hypnopics Collective. Things on the lines you describe have also been suggested, but the Good path interests me more at this time as it is quite different and gives more potential to restructure and improve the game on the low level

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
With the current structure of the game that is quite difficult, and even the path I described is quite difficult, but both ways become easier once one is done.

Trouble is the way peoples interactions are designed is quite hardcoded and difficult to alter. I have over the last couple of version been altering, decoupling the events from locations and making them more person centric. There is still quite a lot to do before any significant change can be done so people are not always initially uncharmed and with a set block of interactions

Again the Good path I described was basically requested at the Hypnopics Collective. Things on the lines you describe have also been suggested, but the Good path interests me more at this time as it is quite different and gives more potential to restructure and improve the game on the low level
Yeah and I thank you for your hard work, I always like to give ideas but I understand how hard it can be to accomplish it, it's just that I like to write on my free time and I always liked to imagine multiple types of situations.

This is a tiny scene that I did related to the path I described (I don't know if it has good enough quality but well):

To enter the route choose “Sir Ronald, I thirst for knowledge”

“Wonderful!” exclaims the old man, however you notice that the light on his eyes goes away, as if he is lost in his memories. A few moments later he noticed it and said “Sorry, I was just thinking about the past”.

He takes a short pause and then continues “You know when I was about your age, you could say I had a rival, both of us wanted to get knowledge, however his means to do it wasn’t something that I could accept, in my fight with him I had to do some despicable things to win, but thanks to my heart I never became what I was fighting for. This was a big lesson for me, even if you make mistakes, or even if you gaze into the abyss, if your heart remains true you have nothing to fear”.

Sir Ronald got up from his chair and with heavy steps arrived next to the window, with his gaze into the horizon, he said “Just remember, don’t let power control yourself and remain true to your heart”.

Closing his eyes he then smiled towards you and said “Well, having said that I think it’s about time to begin your training, don’t you think so my young apprentice?, I want you to find me a magical stone, your first step will be to obtain one of these, of course so that you can identify them you will need to obtain knowledge, I would start asking in an antique shop or perhaps finding books about it, on another point, just so you are free from worldly affairs I will give you a tiny monetary support, you can ask for, at most, 200 $ per week. I think it will be a good enough quantity for a student like you”.

4.40 star(s) 59 Votes