jmkarlsson

Nov 25, 2017
Yeah and I thank you for your hard work, I always like to give ideas but I understand how hard it can be to accomplish it, it's just that I like to write on my free time and I always liked to imagine multiple types of situations.

This is a tiny scene that I did related to the path I described (I don't know if it has good enough quality but well):

To enter the route choose “Sir Ronald, I thirst for knowledge”

“Wonderful!” exclaims the old man, however you notice that the light on his eyes goes away, as if he is lost in his memories. A few moments later he noticed it and said “Sorry, I was just thinking about the past”.

He takes a short pause and then continues “You know when I was about your age, you could say I had a rival, both of us wanted to get knowledge, however his means to do it wasn’t something that I could accept, in my fight with him I had to do some despicable things to win, but thanks to my heart I never became what I was fighting for. This was a big lesson for me, even if you make mistakes, or even if you gaze into the abyss, if your heart remains true you have nothing to fear”.

Sir Ronald got up from his chair and with heavy steps arrived next to the window, with his gaze into the horizon, he said “Just remember, don’t let power control yourself and remain true to your heart”.

Closing his eyes he then smiled towards you and said “Well, having said that I think it’s about time to begin your training, don’t you think so my young apprentice?, I want you to find me a magical stone, your first step will be to obtain one of these, of course so that you can identify them you will need to obtain knowledge, I would start asking in an antique shop or perhaps finding books about it, on another point, just so you are free from worldly affairs I will give you a tiny monetary support, you can ask for, at most, 200 $ per week. I think it will be a good enough quantity for a student like you”.
I really like this story however I would like to add some details first Sir Ronald believes that mr. Beasley (old rival?) wishes to have him killed so I would say that at the end of day two he should die, this will make it possible to charm Sarah, second Davy should be driven by jealousy and the idea that those he charms should be SLAVES that he uses a lot of mana and he is consumed with lust when it comes to Kate Granger, whereas the MC should wish that those the MC charms should be friends AND lovers that he uses less mana and should have the benefit of a teacher (at first) that actually had the original tome of control, which the MC gains after his death.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
I really like this story however I would like to add some details first Sir Ronald believes that mr. Beasley (old rival?) wishes to have him killed so I would say that at the end of day two he should die, this will make it possible to charm Sarah, second Davy should be driven by jealousy and the idea that those he charms should be SLAVES that he uses a lot of mana and he is consumed with lust when it comes to Kate Granger, whereas the MC should wish that those the MC charms should be friends AND lovers that he uses less mana and should have the benefit of a teacher (at first) that actually had the original tome of control, which the MC gains after his death.
Personally about that I meant kurndorf, his old enemy, as a rival in the thirst of knowledge, but in what I wrote mr Beasley truly tries to kill sir Ronald with a gun and he can succeed or fail depending on your actions.

-If he succeeds he doesn't get the book but the Aftane and he will try to summon Kurndorf as a mean to obtain power while being protected with it.

-If he fails sir Ronald will end up in the hospital in the intensive care unit and you can visit him, but he will be quite weak. Mr Beasley then will be captured by the police and put in jail, but if you didn't charm the police then he will escape thanks to his hypnotism ability. I didn't decide what I would write after he escapes.

About Davy... it's more complex than that. Being quite direct was -> discovers magic -> ask mr Beasley about magic -> uses his mother as a trial -> after he succeeds he gains confidence to try it with Kate.

After he conquers Kate it would be when the player notices something strange and in fact one of the "indicators" would be your sister talking about how could Kate end up going out with that idiot. Here it would start the "rivalry".

I may release a few alternative scenes if people are interested (in the sense that they are kind of fan-fiction not related to the game).

jmkarlsson

Nov 25, 2017
Personally about that I meant kurndorf, his old enemy, as a rival in the thirst of knowledge, but in what I wrote mr Beasley truly tries to kill sir Ronald with a gun and he can succeed or fail depending on your actions.

-If he succeeds he doesn't get the book but the Aftane and he will try to summon Kurndorf as a mean to obtain power while being protected with it.

-If he fails sir Ronald will end up in the hospital in the intensive care unit and you can visit him, but he will be quite weak. Mr Beasley then will be captured by the police and put in jail, but if you didn't charm the police then he will escape thanks to his hypnotism ability. I didn't decide what I would write after he escapes.

About Davy... it's more complex than that. Being quite direct was -> discovers magic -> ask mr Beasley about magic -> uses his mother as a trial -> after he succeeds he gains confidence to try it with Kate.

After he conquers Kate it would be when the player notices something strange and in fact one of the "indicators" would be your sister talking about how could Kate end up going out with that idiot. Here it would start the "rivalry".

I may release a few alternative scenes if people are interested (in the sense that they are kind of fan-fiction not related to the game).
IIRC then Kurndorf should have died som 100 years plus before the story in ASFA so he can't be Ronalds old enemy but I like the idea that he is connected to Mr Beasley and Davy.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
IIRC then Kurndorf should have died som 100 years plus before the story in ASFA so he can't be Ronalds old enemy but I like the idea that he is connected to Mr Beasley and Davy.
While Kurndorf died in my thinking his influence didn't truly die with him, but it's true that it would make sense to rather refer to Mr beasley, good thing that in that part it was abstract.

gem1n1

Jan 13, 2018
So I had another question, again thanks for all the help guys :)

I've seen visions of the demon asking me to visit the too thin sacred clearing. Is this a lure into the game-over screen? Or is there some hidden scene if I jump through hoops right?

As an aside, I've noticed that every time I try the Murder path I end up missing Kate Granger. I just get distracted...is there some cutoff at which I can no longer charm her at the hotel at the end? I kind of feel doing the long, drawn-out non-charm relationship isn't in keeping with the whole...murder pathway.

Thanks again, still loving the game!

jmkarlsson

Nov 25, 2017
So I had another question, again thanks for all the help guys :)

I've seen visions of the demon asking me to visit the too thin sacred clearing. Is this a lure into the game-over screen? Or is there some hidden scene if I jump through hoops right?

As an aside, I've noticed that every time I try the Murder path I end up missing Kate Granger. I just get distracted...is there some cutoff at which I can no longer charm her at the hotel at the end? I kind of feel doing the long, drawn-out non-charm relationship isn't in keeping with the whole...murder pathway.

Thanks again, still loving the game!
to quote admiral Ackbar "It's a trap"

4Finger

Engaged Member
Nov 24, 2016
Torrent + Mega:
A Spell For All V.14.8.2 (2018) (Eng)

Release version 14.8.2
new theme from alucardnoir
Repeat sex scenes for Sofia in office and limo
small fixes from the 14.8.1 including not being able to enscibe hexagram at the library, a couple of items duplicating and missing images. Also an issue for sex scenes with Mrs Robbins.
When Tess and John are home, explained a bit more that Tess will not leave until you sort out John
Endgame scenes for Legion and Kate if they leave Glenvale
Endgame scene for Miss Logan if you breed her (as a male) with additional scene for Officer Smith
Recharm Miss Logan
Sightings of Aunt Brandi if you meet Kylie away from school
Image revisions for Kate with different sets at home post Davy depending on her charm state
Image revisions for Miss Logan and Mrs Tanika. Image and text changes, and a new Tess/Tanika scene
1/5 chance of seeing non-explicit images even when explicit images are selected to give more variety of images
more hydromancy visions

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Hi guys,
I did post the 14.8.2 update in this thread and updated the post as it was fixed

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Yeah and I thank you for your hard work, I always like to give ideas but I understand how hard it can be to accomplish it, it's just that I like to write on my free time and I always liked to imagine multiple types of situations.

This is a tiny scene that I did related to the path I described (I don't know if it has good enough quality but well):

To enter the route choose “Sir Ronald, I thirst for knowledge”

“Wonderful!” exclaims the old man, however you notice that the light on his eyes goes away, as if he is lost in his memories. A few moments later he noticed it and said “Sorry, I was just thinking about the past”.

He takes a short pause and then continues “You know when I was about your age, you could say I had a rival, both of us wanted to get knowledge, however his means to do it wasn’t something that I could accept, in my fight with him I had to do some despicable things to win, but thanks to my heart I never became what I was fighting for. This was a big lesson for me, even if you make mistakes, or even if you gaze into the abyss, if your heart remains true you have nothing to fear”.

Sir Ronald got up from his chair and with heavy steps arrived next to the window, with his gaze into the horizon, he said “Just remember, don’t let power control yourself and remain true to your heart”.

Closing his eyes he then smiled towards you and said “Well, having said that I think it’s about time to begin your training, don’t you think so my young apprentice?, I want you to find me a magical stone, your first step will be to obtain one of these, of course so that you can identify them you will need to obtain knowledge, I would start asking in an antique shop or perhaps finding books about it, on another point, just so you are free from worldly affairs I will give you a tiny monetary support, you can ask for, at most, 200 $ per week. I think it will be a good enough quantity for a student like you”.
Sorry I forgot to reply here. The scene is great, quality is fine for the game

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
Sorry I forgot to reply here. The scene is great, quality is fine for the game
If you want I can try to write a plotline for the sister and if you like it you add it. It would be mostly a tiny change that she doesn't start charmed (she will still end up charmed by Davy) and a plot a bit more complex than usual.

Reactions: WulfgarD

Kitty43123

Jun 17, 2018
I seem to be doing something wrong.

I am unable to learn the hypnosis and defense spells for the spell book. The book is blinking and I have spoken to both Allison and Mr. Beasley and the option to learn the spells never came up. I've got two blank options in my spellbook, and I've charmed almost everyone I'm able to. I haven't been able to charm Adele or the Mother Superior. May I please get some pointers?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I seem to be doing something wrong.

I am unable to learn the hypnosis and defense spells for the spell book. The book is blinking and I have spoken to both Allison and Mr. Beasley and the option to learn the spells never came up. I've got two blank options in my spellbook, and I've charmed almost everyone I'm able to. I haven't been able to charm Adele or the Mother Superior. May I please get some pointers?
Have you opened the book and used the Examine option. This enables learning trainings

When you say you spoke to Alison, have you charmed her. She will teach you after you charm her. Please note there was a bug for this at one point, so if you have not applied the 14.8.2 update please do, but I do not think that is the issue. Just charm her and then re-visit her another time to learn AND the book is red

My Beasley will teach you hypnosis AFTER the event with Catherine and Amy (ie you have to lose the book, either via the Vase incident or after the Ritual with Kurndorf)
AND you have charmed him

There are two spells that cannot be learned as of this game release

Adele, you have to have had the Amy + Catherine event, then visit Catherine at home, this will start the event chain

Mother Superior, did you possess her AND have sex with Leanne the thrall?
Revisit and then repossess her again
Learn Hypnosis and revisit again

Gigant

Jun 21, 2018
Does anyone know what the flag for your mother going to her work? Either I missed it, or it never triggered. Is there any way to use the cheat system to restart it?

Kitty43123

Jun 17, 2018
Have you opened the book and used the Examine option. This enables learning trainings

When you say you spoke to Alison, have you charmed her. She will teach you after you charm her. Please note there was a bug for this at one point, so if you have not applied the 14.8.2 update please do, but I do not think that is the issue. Just charm her and then re-visit her another time to learn AND the book is red

My Beasley will teach you hypnosis AFTER the event with Catherine and Amy (ie you have to lose the book, either via the Vase incident or after the Ritual with Kurndorf)
AND you have charmed him

There are two spells that cannot be learned as of this game release

Adele, you have to have had the Amy + Catherine event, then visit Catherine at home, this will start the event chain

Mother Superior, did you possess her AND have sex with Leanne the thrall?
Revisit and then repossess her again
Learn Hypnosis and revisit again

I have charmed Alison and then tried to learn the charm from her, but I'm not sure if I have successfully learned it. The option to learn the charm disappeared after the first time I attempted to learn it.

I was able to give Amy and Catherine the silver ring and release them. Now I'm spammed with pictures of Catherine at the construction site. She never seems to be there when I'm there. How do I visit Catherine at home?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Does anyone know what the flag for your mother going to her work? Either I missed it, or it never triggered. Is there any way to use the cheat system to restart it?
Multiple flags control it, so if she is still at home it just means you need to progress other story arcs. Notably charm Tracy. Sarah must be at the mansion

I have charmed Alison and then tried to learn the charm from her, but I'm not sure if I have successfully learned it. The option to learn the charm disappeared after the first time I attempted to learn it.

I was able to give Amy and Catherine the silver ring and release them. Now I'm spammed with pictures of Catherine at the construction site. She never seems to be there when I'm there. How do I visit Catherine at home?
If you learned the training it is listed in your phone under Notes in Magical Knowledge

You can only visit Catherine at home once you meet her at the construction site. Go there at the time and give her a phone call

zopeda

Jul 13, 2017
Hey, so, i've charmed gabby on murder path, use the necklace on mom, click shielded charm and i says it fizzles. I click on i am your master and mom says "no"
What do i do now?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Hey, so, i've charmed gabby on murder path, use the necklace on mom, click shielded charm and i says it fizzles. I click on i am your master and mom says "no"
What do i do now?
It's up to you. Continue on and she returns home as usual

After using the necklace AND BEFORE she leaves you can cast charm on her, take care of the questions from there for the depth of charm you can get

This is all discussed in the Apprentice walkthrough included in the game

zopeda

Jul 13, 2017
It's up to you. Continue on and she returns home as usual

After using the necklace AND BEFORE she leaves you can cast charm on her, take care of the questions from there for the depth of charm you can get

This is all discussed in the Apprentice walkthrough included in the game
Nevermind. It was having messed with the cheatmode that prevented it from progressing as intended.

Problems i have now are:

Davy is just tied up in a room. Can i do nothing else with him? Transform doesnt work and the crystal says something in the description but it doesnt work

what do i do with jessica the witch?
If i click the first option for having the mechanic free her, I cant find her
Second option leaves her there, uninteractive

Also, the french teacher sent me something about meeting at school at night, and nothing
I also cant seem to charm the mother superior or rescue leanne

4.40 star(s) 59 Votes