cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
This is what we call a walkthrough game, it's basically impossible to find your way without one
I would not agree with that, read what you are told and check the notes in your phone and you can complete the game
You may not get everyone in your first play through but just make sure to save periodically and keep several saves

doomtrack

Feb 3, 2018
I would not agree with that, read what you are told and check the notes in your phone and you can complete the game
You may not get everyone in your first play through but just make sure to save periodically and keep several saves
This game suffers heavily from "guess what the developer thought" Not a logic based puzzle. I like the game but the developer is just wrong about how you approach puzzles.

Reactions: Parthornax

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
This game suffers heavily from "guess what the developer thought" Not a logic based puzzle. I like the game but the developer is just wrong about how you approach puzzles.
Can you give me some examples of what you mean here. I can always rearrange things or add information and so on.

doomtrack

Feb 3, 2018
Can you give me some examples of what you mean here. I can always rearrange things or add information and so on.
I haven't played the game for some time but the best example I can think of right now is the way you have to find a key by combining a piece of string and a magnet AND finding the correct drain to use it on. Is it a hard puzzle? No but it is a case of "where the fuck do I go and what do I do" which this game has a lot of instances of.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I haven't played the game for some time but the best example I can think of right now is the way you have to find a key by combining a piece of string and a magnet AND finding the correct drain to use it on. Is it a hard puzzle? No but it is a case of "where the fuck do I go and what do I do" which this game has a lot of instances of.
That is an old,old puzzle, long predating my working on the game. I did add some hints for it, notably casting clairvoyance in the alley and a hydromancy vision, but it is a bit unobvious I agree, I will see if I can improve the event.

Any other cases?
cmacleod42 Will there be more rivals? More new women to charm? Or is this game coming to an end?
More people by all means, like Aunt Brandi, finish Elian, another vampyre (probably), Mrs Tanika's husband, maybe Carol's wife.
Probably no rivals, more filling it and fleshing out for a while.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
will the campers and the thrall be charmble ?
The thralls I plan at some stage, at least for one, the other is a little different.

The campers are awkward to do, complicated after all, and more so as one of them is the same model as Nurse Sandra in the UK setting

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
I would say finding the magnet can be a chore in some cases (I remember spending a few in-game days trying to trigger the delivery the last time I played). At least you are lead to the ally where the key is by the ghost.

Personally, some specific niche stuff is (imo) illogical or outright improbable to trigger without a walktrough (Titus as a willing slave for example - it's probably the most convoluted thing in the game; Mother superior is the same; Mom and Gabby story line is also just hard). Some dots are not easy to connect (I remember the sheer amount of time Miko killed me) and some people are just hard to get (Ellie and her mom). But that's fine.
Most of the other stuff is doable without a walktrough, even for me (and I suuuck at such games). And tbh, my main problem with the game is always mana on the apprentice path. It's just hard to find stones especially compared to having the box on the murder path. That said the Murder path is way more complicated story-wise.

Loverboy78

Jul 21, 2018
I downloaded the android version but it won't allow me to start the game. I made sure cookies and javascript were enabled like it suggests, still nothing.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I downloaded the android version but it won't allow me to start the game. I made sure cookies and javascript were enabled like it suggests, still nothing.
Ok, I can reproduce this, I am not sure what changed since my last Android test. I will review and fix

EDIT:
updated APK

Last edited:

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Nice try, but bad programming.

You are a typical ignorant Windows user, who has no idea about ASCI and ANSI used in filenames (eg. "Image" is NOT "image" in ANSI which is used in real operating systems like UNIX).

rasi
What is it you are reporting here?

I perfectly know about case sensitivity for filepaths between operating systems. I have not used 'image' and "Image" interchangably anywhere

rasi

Mar 31, 2019
What is it you are reporting here?

I perfectly know about case sensitivity for filepaths between operating systems. I have not used 'image' and "Image" interchangably anywhere

Please ignore my silly comment, I wrote it into the wrong tag. Excuse me please, deleting was not fast enough

rasi

Reactions: anime66

martinlongbow

Nov 30, 2018
I have been playing this game for a long time. It is the only browser based game i continue to play with each update. I would love to see enrichment of new characters rather than adding new girls. That would make game way more engaging in my view. I assume esmeralda will be eventually included but more scenes/interactions with mom, granger, tess, teachers in the school would be great.

Hese_1

Feb 27, 2018
In apprenctice path you can just visit Sir Ronald and ask money then go back to your room and drop the Letter of Credit, you find it in the chest, then go back and ask more. I know its bit tedious but you after you learn Teleport it becomes easier to do. You can do this almost as much as you want.

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
In apprenctice path you can just visit Sir Ronald and ask money then go back to your room and drop the Letter of Credit, you find it in the chest, then go back and ask more. I know its bit tedious but you after you learn Teleport it becomes easier to do. You can do this almost as much as you want.
I was talking mana, but ok, I guess I can use the money for stones from the New Age shop. IMO "a bit tedious" doesn't do it justice, especially considering the amounts of mana you need and the introduction of timed stuff in the game. Maybe it's just me, but the main way of gaining a resource being an obvious exploit is not right :D
PS: Still, a great game, nonetheless

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes