cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
The TFGames site appears to be dead. Is this game abandoned?
There was a change to the url's for the TFGames Site, now

I am unsure why you ask if this game is abandoned, if you look at the previous post where I am running a beta test of a new version

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Note:
I will be starting a beta test of the new version. This will be done over at the Hypnopics Collective forum by PM. I am not really looking for more testers here as over there I can send group PM's for fixes etc during the test

A release aimed for a week from now but might be another depending on testing

EDIT:
Beta sent out to testers
Beta test has gone well, at this stage I will release version 14.13 this weekend

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Version 14.13 Release

This is the release of version 14.13 for A Spell for All. This release is compatible with save games from version 14.8.4 or later.

This update has had a few aims
- improve the user interface and provide more hints. There are some early game pointers for using the user interface. There are popup notifications when a new location is available in the game. You can now text a person and ask where they are (or send a selfie)
- add more alternate models from the bologna mod. Also freed selecting models so some are no longer restricted by the choice of a US/UK setting. One alternate model for Victoria was made into a new character with similar content, but some new things. Similarly the alternate for Ellie can now be a new character
- completing (partially in some cases) content. You can bring a charmed Davy home, and you can rescue Seraphina and charm her. Some characters have alternate lover charms now. All female characters have pregnant endings (except Lilith, Keana)
- implementing submitted new content, for this release it is the school Principal Ms. Reagan by Mastram, and an expansion of the Cult of Flesh by feor.

Full Change Log
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A few minor notes on the new content
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
IMPORTANT: this CANNOT be applied to the bologna mod or visa versa, that is a separate game

Links

Update for previous version (for 14.12 releases)

mirror

1GB
Note: recommend using the full install if your bandwidth allows
If you are using version 14.11 or earlier then please use the full download

Install: download and copy into an existing game folder and unzip 'here', overwrite any files when asked

Full Install

mirror

3.5Gb

Install: download to a writable folder and unzip. In the folder open index.html to play the game

Android APK
Includes the Seraphina fix discussed below

mrror

EDIT: a beta tester got back to me with a save and identified a bug in 14.13 for Seraphina, you cannot find her room once freed.
For now I am attaching a fix for this and will include in any later updates of the game. To use download, unzip and copy compiled.js into the Javascripts folder in your game install. Note: the android apk will include this fix, I was still uploading it
EDIT: a problem was reported for charming Carol. This is fixed in the attachment, apply as noted. This is not yet in the Android version. If needed there you can avoid the bug by charming Carol via Kristin

Last edited:

bound2patience

May 24, 2022

EDIT: a beta tester got back to me with a save and identified a bug in 14.13 for Seraphina, you cannot find her room once freed.
For now I am attaching a fix for this and will include in any later updates of the game. To use download, unzip and copy compiled.js into the Javascripts folder in your game install. Note: the android apk will include this fix, I was still uploading it
My virus checker blocked the patch. What's up?

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
The cheat option appears to be missing from the mega update index(html file)
The cheat options moved, it is no longer chosen at the start of the game, this was changed in version 14.12. Just open your phone and click the games app, then click the cheat icon

Reactions: egib

egib

Apr 21, 2017
The cheat options moved, it is no longer chosen at the start of the game, this was changed in version 14.12. Just open your phone and click the games app, then click the cheat icon
I forgot but if I save and then load, it looks like I have to press the cheat button every time I load the game

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
I downloaded the full 14.13, unzip and launched the html but I'm not getting the option to start. I've tried with 3 different browsers so it isn't a cache issue.
EDIT: Apprantly windows cancelled me moving the files across for some reason. Weird. Fine now.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2020
I have downloaded the game, started from scratch and noticed there are problems with time progression at night, also davy has dissapeared. i will upload the save file for you to look at.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I have downloaded the game, started from scratch and noticed there are problems with time progression at night, also davy has dissapeared. i will upload the save file for you to look at.
Can you please re-download and apply again the attachment compiled.zip (then unzip and copy compiled.js into the Javascripts folder) I had this reported at Hypnopics Collective and the save worked perfectly for me but there was an issue when I first test but it completely broke the game. I rebuilt and reuploaded

egib

Apr 21, 2017
That is how it works now. It does not stay permanently open any more
Also when you click "could you give me an oral test" as a woman in principal office it links to file that does not exist
.../Images/People/Principal/reagan.charm.bjgb.mp4 when I think the path should be .../Images/People/Principal/Red/reagan.charm.bjgb.mp4

4.30 star(s) 60 Votes