Solak

Nov 22, 2017
I'm sure of it now, blackjack is slightly bugged.

1 gold 97 for me, 3 gold for Grant.
1st attempt: 0 gold 97 for me, 6 gold for Grant
2nd attempt: 3 gold 97 for me, 0 gold for Grant.

It seems not all calculations are done before a match has ended (and/or started?). Because of that, the variable can carry over to the next one (or even the next week), causing some strange "magic tricks" where gold appears or disappears.

I'm not 100% certain but I believe MC or Grant drawing a Blackjack hand (thus outright ending the match) may be at the source of the issue. Hope someone can confirm.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I'm sure of it now, blackjack is slightly bugged.

1 gold 97 for me, 3 gold for Grant.
1st attempt: 0 gold 97 for me, 6 gold for Grant
2nd attempt: 3 gold 97 for me, 0 gold for Grant.

It seems not all calculations are done before a match has ended (and/or started?). Because of that, the variable can carry over to the next one (or even the next week), causing some strange "magic tricks" where gold appears or disappears.

I'm not 100% certain but I believe MC or Grant drawing a Blackjack hand (thus outright ending the match) may be at the source of the issue. Hope someone can confirm.
Thanks I’ll report it to Chyos.

Reactions: Solak

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
Blackjack is broken in reality, you lose more money that you earn, so needs to be remade as fuck. I save everytime I gain 1 gold to him and repeat, it was a tedious task with the blueprints but I earn and filled my own pockets without stealing shit(Not recomended though).As I said before I also recomend to bet his clothes as well, I can fetch some good pocket money for those cargo pants.An orc would like it though, to start as a merchant.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Anyway, if you enabled cheats and grabbed the cheatbook on your table you can skip a blackjack match and winnnnnnnnnn.

:p

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Blackjack is broken in reality, you lose more money that you earn, so needs to be remade as fuck. I save everytime I gain 1 gold to him and repeat, it was a tedious task with the blueprints but I earn and filled my own pockets without stealing shit(Not recomended though).As I said before I also recomend to bet his clothes as well, I can fetch some good pocket money for those cargo pants.An orc would like it though, to start as a merchant.
Blackjack is broken in real-life indeed. Just like all money games, they're designed to make the house win overall. Cheap bastards, give us your money dammit!

Back to this game though, I've had the best success when stopping at 15 or 16.

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Blackjack is broken in real-life indeed. Just like all money games, they're designed to make the house win overall. Cheap bastards, give us your money dammit!

Back to this game though, I've had the best success when stopping at 15 or 16.
that's a surprising low number, I normally attempt 18+ as anything below tends to be a loss... certainly at times it's impossible given the high chance to draw a face card.
Also in my experience double put down and splitting card aren't as rewarding as they claim

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
that's a surprising low number, I normally attempt 18+ as anything below tends to be a loss... certainly at times it's impossible given the high chance to draw a face card.
Also in my experience double put down and splitting card aren't as rewarding as they claim
I was unclear, my bad. I'm talking for successive games, not one-offs. Best odds to win are 18+ yeah, but if you're playing game after game, you'll be too likely to bust if you aim for such high numbers. Keeping it at around 15-16 is the tipping point where if you go higher, you're more likely to lose (bust or not high enough) and if you go lower, Grant won't be likely enough to go bust and will win.

That's because the deck is split in half at 7: there are as many cards above 7 as there below. That means if you draw at 14 (which is why I stop at 15+), you're as likely to go bust as you are to increase your score... which might still not be enough to win. You have several losing conditions but only one win condition, which is if Grant loses since he's last to play. That means you're the closest to 50% win chance if Grant has to draw while at 15.

It's how I reasoned and it did go better for me. Still losing over longer games but that made it far more enjoyable compared to save scumming. Maybe takes more time but why play a game if it's not to enjoy yourself?

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I was unclear, my bad. I'm talking for successive games, not one-offs. Best odds to win are 18+ yeah, but if you're playing game after game, you'll be too likely to bust if you aim for such high numbers. Keeping it at around 15-16 is the tipping point where if you go higher, you're more likely to lose (bust or not high enough) and if you go lower, Grant won't be likely enough to go bust and will win.

That's because the deck is split in half at 7: there are as many cards above 7 as there below. That means if you draw at 14 (which is why I stop at 15+), you're as likely to go bust as you are to increase your score... which might still not be enough to win. You have several losing conditions but only one win condition, which is if Grant loses since he's last to play. That means you're the closest to 50% win chance if Grant has to draw while at 15.

It's how I reasoned and it did go better for me. Still losing over longer games but that made it far more enjoyable compared to save scumming. Maybe takes more time but why play a game if it's not to enjoy yourself?
Actually Grant has 2 loosing conditions... being lower than MC in score or above 21, I have seen him loosing with 18 vs 19-20 in MCs favor more often than him going above 21... the chance of MC starting with 21 is to low to call it a real condition... more like a stroke of impossible luck
I normally play 5 games against him... if he wins the majority of those I reload, if not I keep playing for another 5 games... though it seems if MC is unlucky in the first 2 rounds he keeps loosing no matter how often you play, not sure if I am unlucky or there is problem with the calculator (if you loose from drawing 10+ card with 12 on hand it's really frustrating)

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Actually Grant has 2 loosing conditions... being lower than MC in score or above 21, I have seen him loosing with 18 vs 19-20 in MCs favor more often than him going above 21... the chance of MC starting with 21 is to low to call it a real condition... more like a stroke of impossible luck
I normally play 5 games against him... if he wins the majority of those I reload, if not I keep playing for another 5 games... though it seems if MC is unlucky in the first 2 rounds he keeps loosing no matter how often you play, not sure if I am unlucky or there is problem with the calculator (if you loose from drawing 10+ card with 12 on hand it's really frustrating)
Yeah, that's because Grant knows that drawing another card would be way too risky at that stage, but it doesn't actually change the losing condition at all.

Grant being lower than you isn't a losing condition. It's a playing condition. Grant doesn't need to play anything if he's already higher than you (and will accept draws starting at 15). If he does have to play something, he'll check whether it's too risky or not, but it's equivalent to saying he has 100% chance of going bust.

---
That aside and speaking of the tavern, it's rare but I'm experiencing huge lags during the serving mini-game. They seem to occur when, for some reason or another, the game fails to fetch another beverage request for Kate. It's likely looping like crazy. A soldier groping Kate fixes it.

CShep

Sep 2, 2021
Thanks for replying. But let's end the topic here. It may be a wrong affirmation or misinterpretation.
Base game, father is a merchant. I believe I noted in my original post that you have to download the 'extra content' in the 'fanmade' section of the discord in order to make that relationship change. All relationships of that nature only become that if the fanmade content is added to alter relationships.

CShep

Sep 2, 2021
okay, how long does Kate stay pregnant for? I know it isn't 9 months, but any answers?
Checking with other sources, but I believe it's 3-4 weeks. Might only be two. Will need a reply from my source or will have to play through that content again to confirm.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Base game, father is a merchant. I believe I noted in my original post that you have to download the 'extra content' in the 'fanmade' section of the discord in order to make that relationship change. All relationships of that nature only become that if the fanmade content is added to alter relationships.
Well, honestly I'm totally baffled now.

Been here in this thread since... forever, I guess, and I have no idea of what you're talking about. o_Oo_O

The only "fanmade" content I'm aware of is the infamous Arianna-Werewolf extra scene (simply disgusting and stenching filth).

Did I miss anything?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Well, honestly I'm totally baffled now.

Been here in this thread since... forever, I guess, and I have no idea of what you're talking about. o_Oo_O

The only "fanmade" content I'm aware of is the infamous Arianna-Werewolf extra scene (simply disgusting and stenching filth).

Did I miss anything?
Not sure wether it's an individual patch or the same, but there is also an alternation patch that makes Giron Frishas father (as in Giron being Emilys first Partner instead of a nameless merchant) and hencefore her NTR content becomes IC

Reactions: Solak

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Not sure wether it's an individual patch or the same, but there is also an alternation patch that makes Giron Frishas father (as in Giron being Emilys first Partner instead of a nameless merchant) and hencefore her NTR content becomes IC
That fan patch also introduces new story dialogues and adds more Pathos overall, such as Emily revealing to you in bed, Frisha’s father and why she doesn’t want Frisha to marry Dave or is against you and Mira.
Also MC makes a witty comment on Frisha when she starts talking about money: “Like Father, Like daughter”

123Ins123

Feb 20, 2021
For blackjack, cheats have already been included several updates ago (if you use them). Click on it, and you're in the black)

4.60 star(s) 143 Votes