Leon202

May 20, 2023
Having some problem with the lyvia quest there is no option for mercenary group name also can't seem to hire any mercenary only killing them. Can someone help me out

Silverdragon

Mar 22, 2018
Finally achieved the most optimal start for no other reason than my own version of an OCD. Without cheating and a lot of "cheating"(savescumming and area reloading).

Day 6 Noon Lv12 8 gold Sewing(workbench), reading(Lucius), woodchopping(cuz Tia), Corven step1, Bianca step 3(lock-picking) and a bunch of random relationship points. Plus I have a bunch of deer and elderwood that I need to collect.

If you also want to waste your time and your mental health, I can provide the steps if asked.

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Having some problem with the lyvia quest there is no option for mercenary group name also can't seem to hire any mercenary only killing them. Can someone help me out
You must talk to Lyvia in the camp (Imawyn) on the fire. Now normally should be that you can give a name for the group. Next day talking with her you get the Quest to update to hire Mercenarys (when the Quest is not updated you can only kill them). Save before you talk to him after the win it was a lot of loading before he accepted and this all time.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
You must talk to Lyvia in the camp (Imawyn) on the fire. Now normally should be that you can give a name for the group. Next day talking with her you get the Quest to update to hire Mercenarys (when the Quest is not updated you can only kill them). Save before you talk to him after the win it was a lot of loading before he accepted and this all time.
Technically you can also bribe them and use witchcraft on them.

Reactions: wildride69

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Well, luckly we don't need skilled engineers to mantain our siege equipment, but only an architect, at least for now. And it isn't so uncommon for an architect to do multiple projects at once. And if there is one architect overlooking Kirlic then it would be quite easy and nice to hire him. Just throw chest of gold at him. If not, we can always check the university for a freshly baked one. While his skill would be rather lacking... he would have the necessary knowledge everyone at Arenfield lacks. But making sure he won't fuck up would be rather the priority.

Otherwise we will have to use MC's powerful strength of love friendship and plot armor to design it. :D
The thing is, during the times in history the game is kind of set in, architect and engineer would have been pretty much the same, for the purposes of building fortifications. Also the number of them available wouldn't be very high from the begin with.

el-lemi

Apr 10, 2021
Leave arenfield going to the root that leads to the forest, there arianna will scare you and start talking about how she found a strange village, after the dialogue head to rumah and you will see her there, should be pretty easy to figure the rest.

Christmas story is with athia but i can't figure out how to trigger it...
Hello. I have completed all the objectives with Arianna, but when I go out the north side of Arenfield, I never find Arianna (She's supposed to tell me about Rumah)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
While some of the workers might be hired hands/seasonal workers from Kirlic, it's more likely that they live somewhere close by. Farm work has never been really high income work in history, unless you own the farm and have ownership of all the produce. Historically many of the farm workers might have had smaller farms/homesteads they rented from the larger estate owner and paid the rent for their plot with work on the larger farm, usually in form of field work. Now mining is actually such a job that it has historically been economically beneficial to bring workers from other settlements if local settlement doesn't have enough workers.
We'll see the size of the Coldstone estate, maybe they can accomodate their workers there.. though I doubt it's enough space to have and keep a family.
In that case it would be reasonable to have seasonal workers that are staying at the estate while working there and return home to Kirlic once they have served their time and earned some coin... I mean commuting to your workplace and being a travelling hand to hire aren't discoveries of our generation.
I don't think at the point of time where we have Arenfield fully enclosed with stone walls we would still rely only on Frank and 19 mercs of which 5 are sitting in the camp doing nothing to secure local area with Arenfield included. I think we would have at least a a company 100 man strong or maybe two companies to do so with small outpost around there area and patrols between them.
And how would we sustain such numbers?... leave alone justify these numbers.
With such an army at his door steps Giron would call for help by the King without a second thought... he is already weary about the MC with this small band.
Well, Kath house is on the high ground, which is good place to have an observation post over the land. But I don't think Kath would easily agree to turn her house into one. Also I would rather have her in the Arenfield, no matter how much people alienate her, because she's a healer.
You don't need to there is enough space on the hill side next to her house to build another tower.. though she chose solitude on herself so maybe she won't be thrilled about her neighbors.
Well, it could be done with leftovers and rocks not fitting for bulding from masons work. It's not like we need to build stone fortifications on every side at the same time. It would surely cut the need for labor, but increase the project and costs in time.
Only if you want a single soldier to be able to push over the wall... the rock bed is uneven and at parts likely instable, there is a river running through town we'd also have to cover somehow (most invasions come via the waterway since it's much harder to build a tight fortification over those)
Well... I think you just forgot about that big bada bum explosion in Eric's camp you wrote few post eariler. So we probably have some kind of explosives. Also, let's not forget we have magic. While mages seems to be not so common, I think a skilled enough mage would be just as destructive to the walls as siege engine.
There are races with Magic affinity and mages though humans themselfes hunt mages so I don't think you can expect any human mages around.
True there was an explosion... but was it explosives? Ophilia survived that explosion while the commander died it couldn't have been strong one (unlikely enough to harm a stone fortification) or atleast a direct blast... maybe the cult created a spellrole/rune? (Fireball right into the commanders face)
That's why we have developed 3469+ ways for the defends to do it safely. Towers being outward the walls allowing for overlaping angles o fire, loopholes, shooting slits, hoardings, MACHIOLATIONS!!!!, murder holes, etc.
All technologies that require in depth understanding of architecture static... you'd need experienced people for that... which is unlikely to be available like HentaiKami said.
Giron cares only about his own power and money. If you present him with an opportunity to gain those he might agree. Especially if he's the one to gain those and you the one to pay for it.
I doubt many Players will have the money to pay it, I consider myself a hardcore player with over 100 hours of gameplay but I doubt the majority has over 50 hours of gameplay... and even I think I am lacking founds for such a Project.
Hard to not agree. Labor is the only thing we know Arenfield lacks. That's why I would offer people pay, food and shelter for thier labor, which would be gathering resources, processing them and using them to build. In those hard times many would agree just for the food and shelter.
Of course mercenaries would be protecting them from harm during thier stay.

As for Tia, I would't say she has a problem. I would say she's doing great if it is possible for her to put some wood aside for Kath and MC.

And there's also Rumah. While they don't like humans that much MC is thier chieftain and is doing all the trading. All he would have to to is to convince Rumah to increase thier hunting efforts so he can sell more furs and meat for gold in order to aquire weapons and armos for them. John doing weapons and Frisha doing leather armors. I see this as a win-win situation.
Where would they rest than?
There are no empty houses in Arenfield and not enough place to build a large house with several rooms.
If you remember how Long Rumahs 5 people took to clear the second part of the camp you might rethink this.
Tia keeps acutting away at the same treeline from day 1 and never pushes beyond it ;)

Rumah people don't like the pale people... I can't imagine them useing their goods, they are even completly self sufficient, haveing a workshop for armors and weapons themselfes
As I wrote. We don't have to build everything at once. Especially out of stone. First palisade, then walls out of stone. Sure it will take time, but... everything takes time. And because transport is not a problem, the huge amount of gold saved from this can be used to hire more people which would decrease time of gathering and building fortifications.
My point is more about this takeing several generations to Upgrade from Roman castrum to middle aged Stronghold.

el-lemi

Apr 10, 2021
Hello. I have completed all the objectives with Arianna, but when I go out the north side of Arenfield, I never find Arianna (She's supposed to tell me about Rumah)
That is, he continues going to the forest every 2 days to play hide and seek. But the episode where she "scares" me at the north exit of Arenfield never happens.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
And how would we sustain such numbers?... leave alone justify these numbers.
By providing them with provisions made out of resources aquired either by trade with local traders, trade with Rumah, outside traders. Foraging is also a option for troops working outside of Arenfield if they wish to aquire some more provisions.
And that's also depends IF we want to provide local garrison of Arenfield with provisions. By the time of fortified Arenfield most of those soldiers and workers would call themself locals and maybe moved thier family to Arenfield. Surely some of them would rather wish for increased pay in order to sustain themself and thier family over provisions.

With such an army at his door steps Giron would call for help by the King without a second thought... he is already weary about the MC with this small band.
By the time we raise such force Giron will be the best and long known friend of Dasan and Zorad.

You don't need to there is enough space on the hill side next to her house to build another tower.. though she chose solitude on herself so maybe she won't be thrilled about her neighbors.
I meant her solitude. She wouln't agree out of it to fortify it.

Only if you want a single soldier to be able to push over the wall... the rock bed is uneven and at parts likely instable, there is a river running through town we'd also have to cover somehow (most invasions come via the waterway since it's much harder to build a tight fortification over those)
I meant to use those for palisade foundation. Not to build stone wall out of it.

There are races with Magic affinity and mages though humans themselfes hunt mages so I don't think you can expect any human mages around.
The end justify the means. Either out of desperation or oportunity someone could ask for thier aid. Like Eric for example. He already tried to ally himself with orcs. Surely he would ask a mage for aid if had opportunity to do so if it means he can win the war.

True there was an explosion... but was it explosives? Ophilia survived that explosion while the commander died it couldn't have been strong one (unlikely enough to harm a stone fortification) or atleast a direct blast... maybe the cult created a spellrole/rune? (Fireball right into the commanders face)
Given the rarity of magic users I would rather believe it was some form of explosives rather than a trap rune.

All technologies that require in depth understanding of architecture static... you'd need experienced people for that... which is unlikely to be available like HentaiKami said.
I disagree. While things like machicolations on the castle walls would require an architect, wooden hoardings and platforms over the walls could be easily build by Rick, Roderid and the defenders themself. Creating overlaping angles would not require technical knowledge of an architect at all, but a working brain.

I doubt many Players will have the money to pay it, I consider myself a hardcore player with over 100 hours of gameplay but I doubt the majority has over 50 hours of gameplay... and even I think I am lacking founds for such a Project.
Well, if there is no challange then where is the fun?

Where would they rest than?
There are no empty houses in Arenfield and not enough place to build a large house with several rooms.
They would rest in huts we would build, becasue there is A LOT of empty space in Arenfield to build houses. Unless, instead of putting people in small, one room houses like they are used to live with thier families, we want for everyone to have thier very own two story building with a garden, garage and a backyard. Then yes, it might be a problem.

If you remember how Long Rumahs 5 people took to clear the second part of the camp you might rethink this.
Tia keeps acutting away at the same treeline from day 1 and never pushes beyond it ;)
Because they they are actually lazy tribe of halfling drunktards. They only want to drink and fuck.
Ayita is only sitting near the fire all day fingering her pussy, except for evening when she is dancing in the same spot where she was sitting.
Hiba is no better. Cause she's doing nothing... all day. I actually suprised she can do that. Standing in one place whole day waiting for your Chieftain to ask you to fuck. That's a dedication!
And don't let me start about those "hunters". They sit on those furs all they watching fire. I bet fur and meat are actually provided by woodcutters nad miners, because they hunt when going to and returning from thier place of work.
So how those "hunters" are actually manage to hurt themself? Simple. They watched too many hentai and when they see boobs they get nosebleeds. And because every woman is without a bra they get nosebleeds constantly.

The only good lad there is Umin, cause he's working for a living! Unlike the rest of that damn village of halflings!

Rumah people don't like the pale people... I can't imagine them useing their goods, they are even completly self sufficient, haveing a workshop for armors and weapons themselfes
And thier chieftain is pale and is trading thier wood, fur and copper for wine, ropes and other things they need, because they aren't so self-sufficient. They run around without armors, only in loincloths. And thier weapons are simple bows and copper spears. Meanwhile we have full body chainmails, shields, iron axes, swords, daggers, and even silver arrows for magical users. And also healers.
No matter how much they don't like pale people, they will have to accept thier better arms in exchange for higher amounts of thier resources if they want to have fighting chance against orcs. That or Umin must quickly learn to be also blacksmith and armorer for thier village. Because that palisade and small lookouts won't hold more orcs for long.

My point is more about this takeing several generations to Upgrade from Roman castrum to middle aged Stronghold.
From nothing to Stronghold? Yes, generations.
Form nothing to fortified Arenfield? Decade or few years at best.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
We'll see the size of the Coldstone estate, maybe they can accomodate their workers there.. though I doubt it's enough space to have and keep a family.
In that case it would be reasonable to have seasonal workers that are staying at the estate while working there and return home to Kirlic once they have served their time and earned some coin... I mean commuting to your workplace and being a travelling hand to hire aren't discoveries of our generation.
Again, as i said the workers might not necessarily live in the farm, but have small cottage somewhere on the edge of the property, these people were called cotters, where they had their small plot of land, that they rent from the land owner, in this case the Coldstone family, those could be considered to be so unimportant that there won't be map that has them. That's how it historically worked in medieval Europe. It's also one of the reasons why serfdom was so easily implemented, many of the peasants only had so little to own and what they had tied them effectively to rich people's mercy. And this stayed unchanged for quite the while, i think there were places in Europe that still had these during 1800's to very early 1900's.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I disagree. While things like machicolations on the castle walls would require an architect, wooden hoardings and platforms over the walls could be easily build by Rick, Roderid and the defenders themself. Creating overlaping angles would not require technical knowledge of an architect at all, but a working brain.
Building wall that can withstand siege weapon hits is massive effort, from calculating and surveying the land to determine what kind of work you need for foundation, to the fact that this kind of wall would also require master masons and stone cutters, so your wall is actually sturdy enough. Sure there could be temp platforms etc... for defenders behind it that were made by Rick and Roderic, but if you actually want to build good defences, those would eventually have to be incorporated into the wall and made using bricks and wood, not just wood. Now i'm not saying it isn't impossible to get good defences like that in Arenfield, i'm just arguing that it would require years, be extremely expensive and basically at minimum require that MC has become baron of Arenfield and gained alliance with Baron of Kirlic. Otherwise i doubt there's going to be more than perhaps palisades with platforms etc...

Reactions: Evangelion-01

yazda

Mar 21, 2021
Ok, why does building a workbench give so much xp....juymped from lv8 to 13 in one go.....and is there anything else that gives a shtton of xp.
yes you can do the church quest for Mira as early as level 8 and it will push you to level 18. The only hard part is beating a level 15 swamp devil and getting a body part but you can do it if you talk to Gwen and have Tia and Lyvia in your party. Confronting Syfa can be done without actually beating her.

Last edited:

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Building wall that can withstand siege weapon hits is massive effort, from calculating and surveying the land to determine what kind of work you need for foundation, to the fact that this kind of wall would also require master masons and stone cutters, so your wall is actually sturdy enough. Sure there could be temp platforms etc... for defenders behind it that were made by Rick and Roderic, but if you actually want to build good defences, those would eventually have to be incorporated into the wall and made using bricks and wood, not just wood. Now i'm not saying it isn't impossible to get good defences like that in Arenfield, i'm just arguing that it would require years, be extremely expensive and basically at minimum require that MC has become baron of Arenfield and gained alliance with Baron of Kirlic. Otherwise i doubt there's going to be more than perhaps palisades with platforms etc...
Oh yes, of course. As far as I remember, which means I might be wrong, stone walls of 2,5 meters wide were consider thick enough to be capable of withstanding siege for some consider amount of time. So I guess we should aim for something a bit thicker, yet economical enough.

As for the foundations itself it might not be that problematic. Arenfield is on a moutain plateau. If we're lucky we might have stone foundation beneath few meters of earth already, which would save even more time and labor during, as there is no way to have better foundation.

As for hoarding, sure. After all dry wood is quite flammable. And palisade, if not mate out of oak, can easily rot and just fall apart. So using not only wood, but stone or bricks, would be more beneficial. Yet, again, as you wrote, it would require master masons and stone cutters, and of course an architect. So, even with stone walls already build after few years at best, we would once again first have to start with wooden hoardings and wooden roof with furs on it and then hire those expensive lads once again to build those, yet with stone.

And while still expensive it will be be far more cheaper to fortify Arenfield than any village or city in plains.

Also, nobody is saying we will have such good defences in a few days. We and NPC's aren't MC. We can't build house second floor with 4 bedrooms and new roof within a single day. Building palisade around Arenfield might take many weeks if not few months depending on the labor.

By the time we can actually start doing something more serious with Arenfield MC will be either a Lord, a King or the one who doomed the world.

And let's be honest. The only time Arenfield will be under siege, and I mean real siege with siege engines, would be when a powerful lord or king would like to conquer it. Otherwise I think hoarding* wall with brattice work on it and moat will be more than enough to discourage anyone from attacking. Still, starting to build it with stone almost right from the start would save a lot of money, resources and labor in the long run.

*It looks like in english hoarding is a word to describe both a type of wall and a brattice work too. Which is rather confusing.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Also, nobody is saying we will have such good defences in a few days. We and NPC's aren't MC. We can't build house second floor with 4 bedrooms and new roof within a single day. Building palisade around Arenfield might take many weeks if not few months depending on the labor.
Don't make MC godlike just yet... it took 2 days ;)

Leon202

May 20, 2023
worked thanks

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Which of the Arenfield LIs do you think will get similar progress as Lyvia and Katherin got? As in they become lovers to each other and not just to MC. I can quite easily see Verena and Claire having that progress as could Kate and Arianna, but do you guys think any of the other LIs would? Like who would Frisha get it on when MC is busy fucking other LIs?

Leon202

May 20, 2023
Which of the Arenfield LIs do you think will get similar progress as Lyvia and Katherin got? As in they become lovers to each other and not just to MC. I can quite easily see Verena and Claire having that progress as could Kate and Arianna, but do you guys think any of the other LIs would? Like who would Frisha get it on when MC is busy fucking other LIs?
Emily

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Kate and Frisha will have a lesbian relationship.
It’s confirmed and it is on the poll.

And also Liandra is getting close to that

4.60 star(s) 142 Votes