Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
...let's be diplomatic on this once more... let's call it a missing feature instead.
I don't see a real gain for the Player aside of a way to reduce the world exploration with resource gathering with such a feature, but fair enough if its an optional choice
How would you implement a resource trader in Arenfield at this point though?
there isn't a large clay excavationsite or mason and the iron mine is hardly produceing anything (remember John gets 50% of it's yield and that's 4 iron ore a day if I remember correctly).
Maybe there would be a chance for that in Kirlic as an actual city made of stone there is bound to be someone selling construction materials
I may be wrong but the clay seems to spawn the way herbs and the star pickups do. When I needed it, after a week playtime and trying all the riverbanks (I didn't think of the swamp) I only had 22 clay and I had waited to see if it would respawn. After the discussion started this morning I decided to pick up clay as I was checking the traps and in 3 days playtime I now have 57.
Maybe I was just unlucky or the game is picking on me. Either way I'm not really complaining, yes it's a pain but it's also RPG and I'm a hardened RPG player

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I am fine with calling it missing feature.
As for a lore friendly ideas on how to implement it:
1. task villagers to harvest some
2. traveling merchant that visits occasionally.
3. the general store could stock things. after all he does import stuff from out of town (via the weekly deliveries he gets)
4. an army logistics officer which can help ensure you get the goods necessary for the war effort (you are both a merc captain, responsible for the iron mine, and have a thing with the smithy producing weapons and armor)
5. your suggestion of Kirlic works too.
1. I think you mean Rumah, given the limited workforce we have so far I don't know if that will have any significant impact
2. why would such a trader come to Arenfield... there isn't anyone really requireing this stuff (aside of the MC from time to time)... sure you could force it in order to give the Player an alternative, but given the world being build carefully otherwise this seems like a far to big stretch.
3. considering what Lucios pays us for Clay I doubt that there is a real market worth importing this for.
4. The army that gives a damn about the people living in the area? Whoms soldiers harress the locals unpunished by their supperiors?... and clay? I'd see them selling equipment (military standard, the MC can craft way better stuff) under the hand to earn a few coins though

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
1. I think you mean Rumah, given the limited workforce we have so far I don't know if that will have any significant impact
2. why would such a trader come to Arenfield... there isn't anyone really requireing this stuff (aside of the MC)
3. considering what Lucios pays us for Clay I doubt that there is a real market worth importing this for.
4. The army that gives a damn about the people living in the area? Whoms soldiers harress the locals unpunished by their supperiors?... and clay? I'd see them selling equipment (military standard, the MC can craft way better stuff) under the hand to earn a few coins though
1. they do a fine job of collecting other mats for you
2. there are already existing travelling traders. They could just add it to the stock they pick up in other cities.
3. The market is the MC. you specifically talk to him and convince him to bring some over for sale. And then you buy them
4. It is not about giving a damn about the local people. They give a damn about their own suppliers, you are explicitly a supplier for the army. something like:
> "hello, I am arshole the liason from the logistics corp. After you successfully delivered that large order of weapons to the army we registered you are a supplier. I am here to make sure you have the raw materials to keep supplying us"
> "where were you before the order was delivered, we had raw material shortages"
> "per policy until a certain amount of finished goods are delivered to the logistics corps we do not provide any assistance"
> "but you ordered us to get that stuff ready, and we had nothing to make it with"
> "look buddy, I don't make the rules."

something to the above extent... it seems to fit with the image of incompetence we have gotten thus far.
or not, if it doesn't work then the other ways will

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
1. they do a fine job of collecting other mats for you
2. there are already existing travelling traders. They could just add it to the stock they pick up in other cities.
3. The market is the MC. you specifically talk to him and convince him to bring some over for sale. And then you buy them
4. It is not about giving a damn about the local people. They give a damn about their own suppliers, you are explicitly a supplier for the army. something like:
> "hello, I am arshole the liason from the logistics corp. After you successfully delivered that large order of weapons to the army we registered you are a supplier. I am here to make sure you have the raw materials to keep supplying us"
> "where were you before the order was delivered, we had raw material shortages"
> "per policy until a certain amount of finished goods are delivered to the logistics corps we do not provide any assistance"
> "but you ordered us to get that stuff ready, and we had nothing to make it with"
> "look buddy, I don't make the rules."

something to the above extent... it seems to fit with the image of incompetence we have gotten thus far.
or not, if it doesn't work then the other ways will
1. Fair enough, though their stock is quiet low until you upgrade the storage and it takes quiet awhile to gather some significant numbers
2. Ophelia only has a small handcard and donkey, not sure how much aside of her normal furs she could transport... also her next story Update includes her loosing everything and being ruined and stranded in Arenfield.
And the other guy is Lucios brother that stocks up the store with goods from Kirlic
3. Fair enough again, if he raises the prises significantly it could be worth it for him... not the MC though
4. You aren't a supplier to the army, the Baron had been tasked to produce and deliver the swords to the frontline, the MC is no friend to the military and wouldn't support them with weapons if it wasn't for the thread of consequences given for refusal, John is currently working to supply your merchaneries whom are actually usefull to the people.

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
2. why would such a trader come to Arenfield... there isn't anyone really requireing this stuff (aside of the MC from time to time)... sure you could force it in order to give the Player an alternative, but given the world being build carefully otherwise this seems like a far to big stretch.
Honestly, why don't you let them be and move on?

These 2 buddies are meant for each other, so let them apply their own game recipes they love so much and say them goodbye.

Lord, I've been following this thread since 0.3.2.0 - or so - and no one ever talked or complained about this fucking clay.

Anyway, they are my new heroes: therefore, they're on my GLORIOUS ignore list. Right here, right now ;) ;) ;)

'Nuff said.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
I'd like to see an expansion for Rumah/Mercenaries. Rumah tribe could possibly be assigned to harvest clay for you and hiring more mercs could open up new traders coming to town with new materials/weapons/gear.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'd like to see an expansion for Rumah/Mercenaries. Rumah tribe could possibly be assigned to harvest clay for you and hiring more mercs could open up new traders coming to town with new materials/weapons/gear.
Well Lyvia's Update will focus on improving our merchanery camp, though based on some ideas Chyos once shared this will be about Pennys Vegetables in order to offer a stable food supply and increase the numbers of merchaneries and Johns Weapons... including combat training with Lyvia so they can become actual guards/soldiers.

Last edited:

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
rick.png
Poor Rick, he's having a very hard time lately. After stealing the girl he was crushing on and now this. I hope he doesn't find out about the mcs plan for his mom!

Well Lyvia's Update will focus on improving our merchanery camp, though based on someideas Chyos once shared this will be about Pennys Vegetables in order to offer a stable food supply and increase the numbers of merchaneries and Johns Weapons... including combat training with Lyvia so they can become actual guards/soldiers.
I didn't even think of that, expanding the farm so that it could feed the mercenaries (maybe we can actually work on the second plot where Penny likes to stand around and do nothing all day). I hope we can fix the barn too, it looks like shit compared to the rest of the town and who knows maybe add cows or chickens to it for more food sources and future recipes.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Clay became grindy now because of the sheer amount that you need for the house renovation. Before that, we only needed 10 or so for certain tasks. I hope Chyos make something up to make the process less painful.
It's not painful if you renovate when you're supposed to renovate ( = right before you start Athia's quest). My guess is that you're supposed to start Athia's quest as the final quest, at this time.

Just check the questlog: "A new Home" is Level 10, "Athia's reincarnation" is Level 20+, her follow-up ("Stopping Evil") is Level 40+ !!!!!

Man, I stopped collecting clay since long, but I still have plenty after I finished renovating.

Anyway, I think we might move on and talk about something different.

Let's talk about the fact that lagging has lowered down and the CGs have improved a lot: I think that Verena, Athia, Gwen and Sabrina's lewd scenes have totally outclassed the former hottest scenes around.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I didn't even think of that, expanding the farm so that it could feed the mercenaries (maybe we can actually work on the second plot where Penny likes to stand around and do nothing all day). I hope we can fix the barn too, it looks like shit compared to the rest of the town and who knows maybe add cows or chickens to it for more food sources and future recipes.
I think the main point about it is that Penny sells her vegetables to us and our merchaneries instead of Lucios as he obviously scams her and keeps demanding more. If she autofeeds our merchaneries useing the southern field and our normal vergetable support that'll be easier on us aswell.
I agree on the barn though and it's likely a Job for our good old Friends Roderick and Rick.. will distract them from the way Verena dresses and acts around the MC for awhile ;)
I think the idea about raising animals and repairing the barn will be part of a Penny dedicated Update though... afterall next we are aiming for the Farmland east of Arenfield

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
It's not painful if you renovate when you're supposed to renovate ( = right before you start Athia's quest). My guess is that you're supposed to start Athia's quest as the final quest, at this time.

Just check the questlog: "A new Home" is Level 10, "Athia's reincarnation" is Level 20+, her follow-up ("Stopping Evil") is Level 40+ !!!!!

Man, I stopped collecting clay since long, but I still have plenty after I finished renovating.

Anyway, I think we might move on and talk about something different.

Let's talk about the fact that lagging has lowered down and the CGs have improved a lot: I think that Verena, Athia, Gwen and Sabrina's lewd scenes have totally outclassed the former hottest scenes around.
But Sabrina always kicked ass eheh

• Hey there
Reactions: Ottoeight

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
You know that Frisha is and will always be my favourite slut, Arianna and Mira my favourite girlfriends and Verena my favourite milf by far. :sneaky:
I would swap Penny for Frisha and then agree with you 100%
However Sabrina is getting quite a bit of character and I like the look of Anya

Reactions: zARRR

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Well Lyvia's Update will focus on improving our merchanery camp, though based on some ideas Chyos once shared this will be about Pennys Vegetables in order to offer a stable food supply and increase the numbers of merchaneries and Johns Weapons... including combat training with Lyvia so they can become actual guards/soldiers.
Speaking of penny's vegetables, even though I didn't go to Lucius to get help for Henry, his conversation with Penny seems to be passive aggressive and it looks like she's giving her vegetables to him for free.

Adoringfan

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2016
Kate is still #1 bae, hoping we can get her moved into the new crib soon and Julia, (Rick even mentions with a house that big you will need a maid to look after it). Emily's house needs a harem already, as it stands Mira doesn't know about the MC and Frisha and Emily was weird about it wanting to exclude her when she has the face of a lunch lady (maybe she gets plastic surgery in an update, cause her face looks like she's had a hard life).

Some things that would be nice to see in the future are: an actual use for the bulletin board in town. Have it generate a random quest daily. It would be neat and would probably make for a better leveling experience. Do the quest, get xp + materials and you'd gain affection/corruption towards a love interest. Maybe have missions your mercs can participate in for loot, like you send them off and there is a chance for success depending on how they're equipped/trained. Melissa's story seems interesting too, how she has a treasure map, maybe that could be a generic type of reward from bulletin quests or mercenary missions?

• Thinking Face

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Speaking of Rhuma tribe. instead of "idle villagers" it should be hunting by default. where assigning a job like mining copper would take them out of the hunters pool, and when you tell them to stop mining they should go back to being hunters automatically.

it is rather odd to have them starving while the hunters are just lazing around sitting on their arse doing nothing because you didn't explicitly tell them to go hunt

And the current spot for idling villagers can be renamed into "injured villagers" instead.
1755624_Original_MC_images_patch.zip
what is this?

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
;
Speaking of Rhuma tribe. instead of "idle villagers" it should be hunting by default. where assigning a job like mining copper would take them out of the hunters pool, and when you tell them to stop mining they should go back to being hunters automatically.

it is rather odd to have them starving while the hunters are just lazing around sitting on their arse doing nothing because you didn't explicitly tell them to go hunt

And the current spot for idling villagers can be renamed into "injured villagers" instead.

what is this?
it’s the original mc appearance, if You don’t like the actual one you can swap it with the old one

Reactions: mrttao
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes