assdrummer

Jul 15, 2017
hi i have a little problem with verena quest im at the rat hunt i set traps every where and i waited for days nothing happend all the traps are empty some help plz thnx

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
Game_GWfkOFmuAc.png Game_TB2Y2Qe67R.png
I hope I could store away ingots. It's not realistic to store up these things in MC's house but there's not much space in John's house either. :(

PS: Also the ropes I bought every week! :LOL:

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022
hi i have a little problem with verena quest im at the rat hunt i set traps every where and i waited for days nothing happend all the traps are empty some help plz thnx
That's just down to luck...bad luck. I on the other hand had very good luck, and picked up a rat first trap next day.
Keep trying mate.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Did I miss something or is clay such a bother to collect? You have to search for days and find 1-3 from time to time. I need 60 to renovate the house.
Is there some faster way? The cheatbook does not offer clay to get and my rpgmaker saveeditor does not work on the game.

This is just needlessly tedious.

Reactions: zARRR

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
Did I miss something or is clay such a bother to collect? You have to search for days and find 1-3 from time to time. I need 60 to renovate the house.
Is there some faster way? The cheatbook does not offer clay to get and my rpgmaker saveeditor does not work on the game.

I agree, sadly there is no way to get the clay faster.
The swamp can spawn many clay spots, I got 10 once and I was lucky af.
But it would be much much easier if there was a spot to gather clay, like the rock spot near Emily’s house, it would surely save a lot of tume

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

...it's one of the most common resources, just increase your perception skill and walk along some water and you are bound to find 2-3 spots (per map) to harvest it... and pretty much every map has atleast 1 body of water.
I agree, sadly there is no way to get the clay faster.
The swamp can spawn many clay spots, I got 10 once and I was lucky af.
But it would be much much easier if there was a spot to gather clay, like the rock spot near Emily’s house, it would surely save a lot of tume
I mean who ever used that spot? :p
You get stone from mining so I find myself with 99 stone easily without trying... actually the same counts for clay for previously mentioned reason.
run around the world for a week (in game obviously) and check your traps along the way... nothing else is needed to get 99 Clay

Reactions: zARRR

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
...it's one of the most common resources, just increase your perception skill and walk along some water and you are bound to find 2-3 spots (per map) to harvest it... and pretty much every map has atleast 1 body of water.

I mean who ever used that spot? :p
You get stone from mining so I find myself with 99 stone easily without trying... actually the same counts for clay for previously mentioned reason.
run around the world for a week (in game obviously) and check your traps along the way... nothing else is needed to get 99 Clay
Maybe if you were collecting whole game. I had 5 perception. I am walking around and mostly nothing appears, maybe its time gated?

It is not really much fun having to grind this out. It gives me nothing. It should be something that can be "worked" like all the other resources. Or bought.

I am checking near every river bed there is.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Maybe if you were collecting whole game. I had 5 perception. I am walking around and mostly nothing appears, maybe its time gated?

It is not really much fun having to grind this out. It gives me nothing. It should be something that can be "worked" like all the other resources. Or bought.

I am checking near every river bed there is.
...I mean this IS like any other resource in the game.
Iron, copper, elder wood, stone, clay are all reasources that can only be farmed.
If you spend your time on other Quests while gathering resources in the process you won't have to worry for a shortage of resources.
Some resources are much rarer, like fog fiend drops for the Potions and carrots, cabbage and grain aren't easy to get either.
Wood is pretty much the only resource you get easily early on

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
...I mean this IS like any other resource in the game.
Iron, copper, elder wood, stone, clay are all reasources that can only be farmed.
If you spend your time on other Quests while gathering resources in the process you won't have to worry for a shortage of resources.
Some resources are much rarer, like fog fiend drops for the Potions and carrots, cabbage and grain aren't easy to get either.
Wood is pretty much the only resource you get easily early on
No its not the same. Stone you can just stand in place and farm as much as you want with a few clicks. Wood can be bought, farmed by villagers and is overall pretty easy to get.

Copper might be worse, but you gather it passively just by playing the game, even if you did not want to.

Elder wood is only one slightly longer, but it is still only pretty much once you need more and its a very valuable resource, so it makes sense.

Clay is just clay. There should be a way to get it faster. I am not a mind reader to know I have to meticulously gather every single piece I see long before I need it. You still need like a hundred, which is a lot, gathering it by ones and twos.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
No its not the same. Stone you can just stand in place and farm as much as you want with a few clicks. Wood can be bought, farmed by villagers and is overall pretty easy to get.

Copper might be worse, but you gather it passively just by playing the game, even if you did not want to.

Elder wood is only one slightly longer, but it is still only pretty much once you need more and its a very valuable resource, so it makes sense.

Clay is just clay. There should be a way to get it faster. I am not a mind reader to know I have to meticulously gather every single piece I see long before I need it. You still need like a hundred, which is a lot, gathering it by ones and twos.
to gather stone you need to pass a strength test, to gather clay you only need to find it.
I agree on the normal wood part... as I had said in my own post.
Elder wood is required in several places, and you can only gather 5 per tree (if you pass the strength test, it's still easier to aquire as Tia can do the harvesting for you)
Other resources often required are rabbit and deer hides, less often Wolf hides (while it is possible to buy them you'll have to spend a fortune on them).
The game is setup so that you collect anything you find in order to build stuff or be prepared to do so.
Sorry but I maxed out my clay reserve along the time I started to visit Rumah, this just sounds like you skipped the resource gathering as much as possible and now find yourself in a pickle

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
to gather stone you need to pass a strength test, to gather clay you only need to find it.
I agree on the normal wood part... as I had said in my own post.
Elder wood is required in several places, and you can only gather 5 per tree (if you pass the strength test, it's still easier to aquire as Tia can do the harvesting for you)
Other resources often required are rabbit and deer hides, less often Wolf hides (while it is possible to buy them you'll have to spend a fortune on them).
The game is setup so that you collect anything you find in order to build stuff or be prepared to do so.
Sorry but I maxed out my clay reserve along the time I started to visit Rumah, this just sounds like you skipped the resource gathering as much as possible and now find yourself in a pickle
No I gathered it like 50% of the time I saw it. I gathered like 30 till I stopped bothering, since I thought the game would require just a few from me.
Again, there is no reason for me to assume I will need so many or that the game will not provide an easier solution, as it always has.

I am sorry, but it is badly designed. It is the only resource that stands out. Without any reason because it is such a common thing.

Elderwood you need 20 for the ritual and 5 for the bow. So yeah, no problem.

Just let me cheat it out at worst.

valley57

Oct 22, 2021
hello everyone , i hope all have nice weekend ....... i want to ask if that bug or something else in main quest still need revenge i was stalled his soul , how to kill him , and there is about the home i did all and i went to the Roderic to do furniture he did the bath and the bed but up the second floor he did one room for athia only others empty in the request still said go to the Roderic and also the Celler how to work ? thank you for the answer ...

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
No I gathered it like 50% of the time I saw it. I gathered like 30 till I stopped bothering, since I thought the game would require just a few from me.
Again, there is no reason for me to assume I will need so many or that the game will not provide an easier solution, as it always has.

I am sorry, but it is badly designed. It is the only resource that stands out. Without any reason because it is such a common thing.

Elderwood you need 20 for the ritual and 5 for the bow. So yeah, no problem.

Just let me cheat it out at worst.
Why would you stop gathering common resources that don't cost you much takeing along?
It was only reasonable to set my mark on 99 for any resource you can get personally.
How would you get Clay easier than gathering it each time you find it... and that's alot.
the first time clay came along was for the orphanage and even than you needed quiet alot.
Also if you already have 30 Clay getting the required 60 shouldn't even bother you much at this point.
hello everyone , i hope all have nice weekend ....... i want to ask if that bug or something else in main quest still need revenge i was stalled his soul , how to kill him , and there is about the home i did all and i went to the Roderic to do furniture he did the bath and the bed but up the second floor he did one room for athia only others empty in the request still said go to the Roderic and also the Celler how to work ? thank you for the answer ...
If you enslaved him you can't kill him.. he is still a valuable tool to keep watch on the Orcs... likely once you dealt with the entire Orc problem you'll get your chance

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Why would you stop gathering common resources that don't cost you much takeing along?
It was only reasonable to set my mark on 99 for any resource you can get personally.
How would you get Clay easier than gathering it each time you find it... and that's alot.
the first time clay came along was for the orphanage and even than you needed quiet alot.
Also if you already have 30 Clay getting the required 60 shouldn't even bother you much at this point.
You need 80 if you count emily house.

That is like 20 nodes at minimum, when 1 appears per map if I am lucky.

I am sorry, but it is a bother for a very boring gameplay.

And yeah, I do not collect every single thing I see, that would extend my gameplay by a lot for something I do not think I need. Picking it here and there should suffice.

It is just not balanced for people starting out a new playthrough.

Reactions: mrttao

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
You need 80 if you count emily house.

That is like 20 nodes at minimum, when 1 appears per map if I am lucky.

I am sorry, but it is a bother for a very boring gameplay.

And yeah, I do not collect every single thing I see, that would extend my gameplay by a lot for something I do not think I need. Picking it here and there should suffice.

It is just not balanced for people starting out a new playthrough.
Really? in my opinion Players that start fresh will have a much easier time, as they are aware what is required of them in the long run, I haven't heard anyone complaining about resources being sparce... I mean John's Quest for forging 20 Swords requires you to gather iron for atleast 1 ingame month.
Like I said I don't think there are many people that just skip resource gathering in a game that has an extended crafting system

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Really? in my opinion Players that start fresh will have a much easier time, as they are aware what is required of them in the long run, I haven't heard anyone complaining about resources being sparce... I mean John's Quest for forging 20 Swords requires you to gather iron for atleast 1 ingame month.
Like I said I don't think there are many people that just skip resource gathering in a game that has an extended crafting system
I mean new players. Last time I played I did not get to the point where I needed clay at all. And as I mentioned 20 times, I did not skip it. I gathered 30 in a game where 99 is the limit. Gathering it by 1 and 2 mostly. So that is like 20 gathers. That in my opinion is more than enough.

You are advocating dumb scarcity that has no reason to exist. I have 200g in my pocket, 15 people at my beck and call but I will spend hours finding stupid clay. Yeah no thanks.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I mean new players. Last time I played I did not get to the point where I needed clay at all. And as I mentioned 20 times, I did not skip it. I gathered 30 in a game where 99 is the limit. Gathering it by 1 and 2 mostly. So that is like 20 gathers. That in my opinion is more than enough.

You are advocating dumb scarcity that has no reason to exist. I have 200g in my pocket, 15 people at my beck and call but I will spend hours finding stupid clay. Yeah no thanks.
let's just agree that we disagree.

I have no problem running through the wild in order to defeat my enemies and gathering any piece of junk I come across until I can't carry anymore, I kept playing this way from the beginning and will do so till the end.
To me the game would loose it's unique charakter by simply offering any material you'll need at a given point in time.
Gathering the stuff, than process it and finally craft something magnificant... that's the joy of this game to me

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
let's just agree that we disagree.

I have no problem running through the wild in order to defeat my enemies and gathering any piece of junk I come across until I can't carry anymore, I kept playing this way from the beginning and will do so till the end.
To me the game would loose it's unique charakter by simply offering any material you'll need at a given point in time.
Gathering the stuff, than process it and finally craft something magnificant... that's the joy of this game to me
I like it as it seems like a living world. In such a world, I would be able to just go ahead and buy that stuff or have people gather it for me, as you can do with pretty much any other resource (elderwood not included).

There is a point where gathering your own stuff moves from being engaging to tedious. This has overcome that limit for me by like 5 times. You are collecting... dirt, how engaging. Bet noone else could pull that off.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I like it as it seems like a living world. In such a world, I would be able to just go ahead and buy that stuff or have people gather it for me, as you can do with pretty much any other resource (elderwood not included).

There is a point where gathering your own stuff moves from being engaging to tedious. This has overcome that limit for me by like 5 times. You are collecting... dirt, how engaging. Bet noone else could pull that off.
As a matter of fact that is true by your own admittance, as you can't buy it anywhere ;)
... Honestly you are describing modern livestyle in a city where everything is on sale, while the game plays in a medivel village where every person has a job to do in order to make ends meet and keep the village alive... there just isn't anyone gathering clay or stone... if you need something that isn't available you'll either have to travel the world to find someone that provides that service or do it yourself... well there is noone around to do these tasks and your brigands are former bandits that haven't done anything than mug people with metal sticks... figure how useful those guys are at finding clay pits and emptying them

Sep 23, 2021
As a matter of fact that is true by your own admittance, as you can't buy it anywhere ;)
... Honestly you are describing modern livestyle in a city where everything is on sale, while the game plays in a medivel village where every person has a job to do in order to make ends meet and keep the village alive... there just isn't anyone gathering clay or stone... if you need something that isn't available you'll either have to travel the world to find someone that provides that service or do it yourself... well there is noone around to do these tasks and your brigands are former bandits that haven't done anything than mug people with metal sticks... figure how useful those guys are at finding clay pits and emptying them
That's assuming the bandits developed no life skills prior to banditry. People don't develop in isolation we pick up skills from those around us, and people generally didn't resort to banditry because they had a choice but more a lack of options to survive. Some will be ex-soldiers, some will be ex-villagers cast out due to not paying taxes (such as the MC almost was) and others are social pariahs for various other reasons (such as infidelity, murder etc).

It's also making the assumption that no-one is going to teach them how to hunt, bake, forage and so on. They're living in the woods so all those will become second nature fast or they'd die. Living in the woods requires a certain level of self-sufficiency to survive, and I'm talking from experience as I've lived in deep forests for over a week with the clothes I was wearing, a knife/axe and basic cooking utensils. I even made my own clay pots and dishes (not very good but hey needs must). It's not that hard to learn the skills, what's harder is learning when to apply the skills and how. For people living in this period it'd likely be second nature as these are skills that'd be taught as soon as they'd be able to walk. If you wanted to learn these skills plenty of bushcraft videos on YouTube showing how it's done.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes