Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
View attachment 4121798
Final Steps

Good afternoon,

I would have liked to wait with this report until after the release of update 0.5.9.0, but due to problems that occurred during the tests yesterday I have decided to write it now to then have my head free to focus on working for the rest of the day.

In short, during the first test runs that I started yesterday, I realized that the great movement routes I had planned for the guards and the farmers were sometimes going badly wrong. This lead to positions flickering back and forth or figures standing still in places where they shouldn't actually be... you also sometimes got caught even though there is no guard present. So yesterday I spent almost the whole day fixing these errors and have not yet been able to test the other events.

Other things I've been working on this week: Mercenaries can now die while working near the mill (depending on the number of guards and their training, the chance is lower). At the same time, loot is collected with every attack, which the MC can then collect from guards around the mill. Dead tier 3 mercs can be found in the area to regain their armor.Fixed the fields near the cows (they were supposed to grow every few days so that the farmer there actually is farming something)Finished the work on Elisabeth's scenesContinued Penny's quest for 2 more steps to bring it to an endpointMore interaction around the Coldstone estate to make it possible to break in and use the good old bandit disguiseWork on more transition images for Lilly (liks the one in the title) & Elisabeth
My original plan was to complete the update by tonight, so I wanted to wait until then to write this report. But that was before the problems yesterday. Because now I don't think I'll be able to finish all the dialog I wanted to add for Lilly today. I also have to proofread (playtest) afterwards, which usually leads to me rewriting some sections that seem inappropriate.
I'm also thinking about adding the step with the renovated barn. I had intended to add this a lot earlier already and have now made some more preparations for it (worked on updated images for the inside of the barn). However, I'm not sure if I should actually add this in now as it would again be more work (In case you remember, I wanted this as an alternative trigger for the renovations at the MC's house, which would also lead to some adjustments on Emily's quest). So I'm not sure whether I should put it in now or wait with the half ready materials until a later time.

I know that I've already put a lot of strain on your patience, and I feel the same way, I really want this update to be finished. A little longer and it will finally be ready. I'm just afraid that I won't be able to do it today and will need at least Monday to finish it.

For now I'll continue and wish you all a nice weekend.
Am I dreaming or are the updates drastically declining lately?
Thought an additional dev would make the updates bigger or faster, not slower and smaller.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
It's not them wanting more NTR but that Chyos attempts to provide 1 Bonus scene per month while main story Updates take 2-3 month... sometimes more duo to bonus scenes
Do you remember when we were writing here on this thread that he needed to drop bonus scenes and focus on the main quests only? that was when he started completing main quests every 2 months.

Just an example: in May he wrote on Patreon that he took 3 weeks for the monthly bonus scene and he had started working on Penny's update towards the end of the month. Now it's October 18th and he hasn't completed Penny's quest yet.

In the whole 2024 he ONLY completed 0.5.7.0, an update he started working on in November 2023, and 0.5.8.0.

Enough said.

4.60 star(s) 157 Votes